Author Topic: Kinesis Freestyle and Dvorak layout, hotkey problem  (Read 4528 times)

Offline appie747

Kinesis Freestyle and Dvorak layout, hotkey problem
« on: Mon, 18 April 2011, 10:27:32 »
I use a kinesis Freestyle (Incline) at work. I have de Dvorak layout installed standard. The supposedly driverless Hotkeys (cut, copy, paste, Del, Back, forward, search, home) don't all work.
Cut, paste, copy lead a life of their own. The others work fine.
Copy thinks it has to open " favorites" , "Cut" shows the active IE windows next to eachother.

When I use the qwerty layout it works fine.
Any suggestions?
Kinesis Freestyle Incline (work), Compaq MX 11800 (browns), AlphaGrip AG-5 FOR SALE! (home)

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 April 2011, 20:23:03 »
I know the issue:

The keyboard hotkeys are merely COMMAND+(whatever shortcut you want...ie "C" for "COPY").

Switching to DVORAK changes the letters/layout and now whatever letter is on the "C" key is what is being transmitted after the COMMAND.

Been there done that.  :(
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline appie747

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 April 2011, 04:55:54 »
oke, thanks! I just fixed the problem using autohotkey (Ctrl q changed to Ctrl x etc.) now I have to find out what the Search hotkoy does in Dvorak, because a "narrator" starts reading the text....
By the way: is COMMAND the same as Ctrl?
Kinesis Freestyle Incline (work), Compaq MX 11800 (browns), AlphaGrip AG-5 FOR SALE! (home)

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 April 2011, 08:00:44 »
Quote from: appie747;337393
By the way: is COMMAND the same as Ctrl?

Noooooo....COMMAND is like the WINDOWS key, it's its own type of modifier...
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline appie747

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 April 2011, 08:08:08 »
Quote from: input nirvana;337430
Noooooo....COMMAND is like the WINDOWS key, it's its own type of modifier...

Ahhh, Yes, I never use the windows key much, actually. I remapped the Search and Home hotkeys (they use the windows key and in Dvorak they performed strange operations) So now they work too, very happy with that.
Here in the Netherlands I don't think too many people know what the command key is....

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 April 2011, 10:00:27 »
Yea, I used to thing it was just eye candy.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 17664[/ATTACH]