Author Topic: [IC] GMK Electronics (Cherry OEM) Colored Esc's, Modifier Sets, CMYK, Number Row  (Read 108966 times)

Offline Glissant

Isn't the color combinations only the ones shown? Like N8 is white text on brown keycap? You can't actually ask to combine green and purple double shot. Or did I misunderstand how GMK is doing this, and they actually can combine any color they want? (They can,but they won't?)

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
Awesome! Now we wait to order ALL the things!
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
If this is what is going to be available, I am disappoint.

What am I, the freaking JOKER?

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right

Absolutely.

Who wouldn't love a Batman themed keyboard?

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
We're not going to be able to please everyone and we've said that since day 1.

Current status:  E-mail has been sent to GMK with updated colors and keycap sets for an updated quote.  They've received our email and are currently doing their best to put together the quote in a timely manner.  I suspect we will have the GB thread open hopefully by the end of the week with full mockups.  We've also requested for a lower MOQ which may raise the pricing a little per set.

Thanks to everyone so far who has helped make this process simple.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
cheers Dan!

Offline kbdfr

Little sisters have silly Barbie dolls,
halfway grown-up guys go for the real thing:

(I love this pic!)  :cool:

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Little sisters have silly Barbie dolls,
halfway grown-up guys go for the real thing:

Show Image

(I love this pic!)  :cool:

Use your tongue to type on that?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Glissant, as far as colorways go I am sure they would run anything you wish. It is up to customer to choose the colors wisely so it looks good. I am sure they could hardly care what color choice you make if they are getting paid to make it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 December 2012, 11:49:43 by lysol »

Offline keyboardlover

I miss the old group buys where the choices were crazy simple and you were either in or out.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
I miss the old group buys where the choices were crazy simple and you were either in or out.

Simple is nice, but the MOQ for this stuff is extra high.  We need to maximize orders, so we need to see what will be most popular.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce

problem?

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Yeah, things keep getting more complex. But we have moved a lot from just making a single novelty key to full sets more so it kind of goes with the territory I suppose.

Offline nebo

Wasn't really what I wanted but I'm sure I can rock purple modifiers. Just need to hope that when/if we do the rest of the keys they're not something like red on blue. Not a huge fan of vomit boards :).

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Why you no like colorfuls?
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 December 2012, 12:19:13 by lysol »

Offline nebo

Because the only time I look at my keyboard is when I'm playing Starcraft and am hitting the wrong key. At that point I'm already behind in something and inducing vomiting from seeing I'm hitting the ugly 'Y' key instead of the ugly 'T' key isn't the best way to do damage control. :p

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
It was a very close race. Hopefully not too many people bail out because they didn't get thier color. If we can't make a successful groupbuy, there won't be additional ones in the future.

Eh, I didn't enter this one because the things offered did not interested me at all. I am however very interested of full sets or ones with less extreme colour schemes. The underlined part worries me. Let's not draw conclusions from this GB that will be nothing like the one which will carry what it seems the majority is looking forward to, full sets in popular colours.

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like matching keycaps.

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO

NO RIGHT TOOL, GET TIRED, GIVE UP

AHEAD STOP

NOW MAKE

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like matching keycaps.

Are you saying that some people just want to watch the forum burn?

Offline nebo

Show Image

AHEAD STOP

NOW MAKE
If I've learned anything about keyboards with my time lurking/posting it's that if this was made in limited quantities it would sell like hot cakes and go for $200+ in the classifieds.

Offline theultrazord

Show Image

This is basically Fluttershy (from My Little Pony), the keyboard.

Offline RiGS

Why you no like colorfuls?
Show Image
Show Image

Sorry, but that looks horrible, I'm not sure if I want that CMYK set anymore, especially with symbol only shift keys.
The good old Cherry RGB would be a straightforward choice if our target was to hit large number of orders for real, but my guess is that your "strong opinion" merely means that you have a bunch of those sets, so you don't really give a damn about what the majority of people desire.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline keyboardlover

Oh dear lord this has gone from ugly to UGLIER.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
I'll buy a set of those CMYK to support the cause, but then I'm going to video myself burning them.  That's a promise.  I wouldn't even think of selling them as it would only spread the poor design taste problem that's prevalent around here.  ;-)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Because the only time I look at my keyboard is when I'm playing Starcraft and am hitting the wrong key. At that point I'm already behind in something and inducing vomiting from seeing I'm hitting the ugly 'Y' key instead of the ugly 'T' key isn't the best way to do damage control. :p

you shouldn't be looking at your keyboard ;)

Offline nebo

you shouldn't be looking at your keyboard ;)
When in panic mode even muscle memory can fail you. For my example, B + Y does nothing where B + T builds a turret and when those
DTs sneak into your base and you have no scans bricks get shat.

Offline RiGS

I'll buy a set of those CMYK to support the cause, but then I'm going to video myself burning them.  That's a promise.  I wouldn't even think of selling them as it would only spread the poor design taste problem that's prevalent around here.  ;-)
That would be a wasteful way to support the wrong cause. :o

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
I wasn't even being serious at all with those colorways. I guess it can be hard to tell with me though...

Offline RiGS

Do you have any information about a vendor pulling the trigger on the RGB set?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
No, vendors wouldn't tell us nothing.

Offline theultrazord

I wasn't even being serious at all with those colorways. I guess it can be hard to tell with me though...

You have good taste so it was a pretty obvious joke. I still would like to see something somewhat original but tactful for a modifier set since we are basically testing the waters for a future GB. I'd buy purple mods but colors like black, brown, beiges, greys and even blues are much safer picks.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Do you have any information about a vendor pulling the trigger on the RGB set?

Vendors along with the pessimists of this community have no intent of sharing what they plan to make.  And that's just fine with me.

Offline keyboardlover

No offense but I would have kept this simple and very limited choice-wise. Either white on black or black on white/beige. The type people have been trying to get but are very difficult to get, and appeal to a LOT of people. And then Esc keys in a few standard colors (not red since EK is already doing it).

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
No offense but I would have kept this simple and very limited choice-wise. Either white on black or black on white/beige. The type people have been trying to get but are very difficult to get, and appeal to a LOT of people. And then Esc keys in a few standard colors (not red since EK is already doing it).

You should tell EK to sell those sets, I heard they listen to you.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline RiGS

Good point. Also don't forget about the RGB.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
Nobody must forget the RGB.

Offline keyboardlover

You should tell EK to sell those sets, I heard they listen to you.

I didn't "tell them to". I created an interest check/poll, it garnered much interest, and EK responded.

I don't think that's even possible to do anymore though - haven't polls been banned here?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Show Image

AHEAD STOP

NOW MAKE

This yellow is too pale.  I do not like this yellow.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RiGS

I can confirm it, similarly when I created that RF 87U poll, and EK responded.

Offline keyboardlover

I can confirm it, similarly when I created that RF 87U poll, and EK responded.

Yep. And well done btw!

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Too bad they didn't see our Red Alert Topre interest check....

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
We talked about doing standard color sets (which many advocated for, btw), but the assumption is that EK and possibly others will be providing those.  We consciously decided to go with something splashier.

Offline RiGS

Speaking of Cherry 1.5 sized modifiers. Those are available in different height. I suggest to go with the shortest one to reduce wobble and eliminate friction.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Yes, 1.5 will be B profile same as modern 1.25, not A profile that is higher and sharply angled found on the older keyboards like 1000.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 December 2012, 16:35:14 by lysol »

Offline RiGS

Great! I hope the same will apply to the bottom row arrow keys in the future.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 December 2012, 16:38:31 by RiGS »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Also, in regard to white/black, black/beige, Dolch... it will make more sense to offer modifiers packs in those colorways when we do the full sets. I suspect there will be a better price break when running extras of same keys that would be in full sets. So for this first buy we opted to do something different and fresh.
There is some method to our madness.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
RiGS....you wouldn't happen to have an extra Alt 1.5x dyesub blue modifier would you? =)

Offline RiGS

Nope, sorry bro.

Offline metafour

No, vendors wouldn't tell us nothing.

So they told you something... ;)