Author Topic: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Shipping  (Read 248765 times)

Offline Dystopia

Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Shipping
« Reply #900 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 07:29:25 »
At this point I'm fairly certain this board is gonna end up as a (ugly) display piece. Received mine without the logo and haven't received any follow up yet. Haven't actually tested the PCB but judging from the reports here I'm 90% sure there's gonna be a problem...

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #901 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 09:59:50 »
Hello all, I spoke to Eve on behalf of the Moon GB.
[1] Per Eve's response, he is currently CNC'ing the replacement stripes.
[2] As for the PCB, he is also waiting to buy JJ's replacement PCB.

I am not sure on the timeline, but I will be glad to give any updates if there is any. (I am not the GB runner).

Edit: Eve's is a not a native English speaker, I am writing this update on his behalf.

Updates on the pcb timeline: At least 3 weeks more to go for  the PCB manufacturer to deliver. Since the replacement qty is small, smaller MOQs are shafted to the end of the production queue since July.
Eve has no intention to run away from this nor deny any responsibilities for moon GB. He sincerely apologizes for this mishap.
He has been busy with the recent GBs so far (I am pretty sure you guys can tell from the GBs) and has been trying to source for replacement PCBs.
He promises to conclude the buy properly and told you guys not to worry.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 September 2018, 10:53:20 by Mikiberry »

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #902 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 10:44:35 »
Thank you for the update :D Patience is one thing, but patience is so much harder when left in the dark.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #903 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 23:26:40 »
Thank you for the update :D Patience is one thing, but patience is so much harder when left in the dark.

I could feel you. Thus I went to Eve directly to see what I can help.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #904 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 00:40:58 »
Are there any news regarding other pieces? My WKL top had defects and requires replacement.
Hello all, I spoke to Eve on behalf of the Moon GB.
[1] Per Eve's response, he is currently CNC'ing the replacement stripes.
[2] As for the PCB, he is also waiting to buy JJ's replacement PCB.

I am not sure on the timeline, but I will be glad to give any updates if there is any. (I am not the GB runner).

Edit: Eve's is a not a native English speaker, I am writing this update on his behalf.

Updates on the pcb timeline: At least 3 weeks more to go for  the PCB manufacturer to deliver. Since the replacement qty is small, smaller MOQs are shafted to the end of the production queue since July.
Eve has no intention to run away from this nor deny any responsibilities for moon GB. He sincerely apologizes for this mishap.
He has been busy with the recent GBs so far (I am pretty sure you guys can tell from the GBs) and has been trying to source for replacement PCBs.
He promises to conclude the buy properly and told you guys not to worry.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #905 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 05:50:54 »
Will help you ask, but i can't guarantee anything for you since I am not the runner.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #906 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 05:58:55 »
Will help you ask, but i can't guarantee anything for you since I am not the runner.
Thank you!!

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #907 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 08:30:26 »
Another possibility: this PCB group buy just went live:
https://shop.hineybush.com/product/h87a-gb

EVE still around? Would it be possible to just get a refund on the value of the PCB and we source an alternative ourselves such as the group buy listed above?

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #908 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 10:11:32 »
Another possibility: this PCB group buy just went live:
https://shop.hineybush.com/product/h87a-gb

EVE still around? Would it be possible to just get a refund on the value of the PCB and we source an alternative ourselves such as the group buy listed above?

This arrangement would be me overstepping as "someone concerned" over the gb runner. I can't make such decisions on their behalf. Best to rope in Jay to the picture.
I will try to ask for updates, or keep the group updated if there are any news.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #909 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 07:51:05 »
Sorry for not being clearer, the question was aimed at EVE, or failing that jay if he's still lurking around here :P

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #910 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 14:47:03 »
Anyone here had the issue that the pcb just shows up as 2 hid devices after resetting it? How do I get it to show up as atmega again?

Sent from my DREA100 using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #911 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 20:15:43 »
Sorry for not being clearer, the question was aimed at EVE, or failing that jay if he's still lurking around here :P

eason just had a kid and has been virtually impossible to reach for a few months because of it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #912 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 20:16:10 »
Anyone here had the issue that the pcb just shows up as 2 hid devices after resetting it? How do I get it to show up as atmega again?

check your daughterboard solder joints, might have a short
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #913 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 04:34:57 »

check your daughterboard solder joints, might have a short
nah, that was fine... turns out it started having problems with other drivers of custom boards, still not showing up in TKG though...  ???

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #914 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 07:52:58 »
Some new updates from Eve, the replacement PCB is ready and will be shipped out soon. Apologies for the long delay and thanks for your understanding on this.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #915 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 12:00:01 »
That looks like MUCH cleaner work than the original board  :eek:
Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #916 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 12:15:38 »
Looks the same but it's just red and it doesn't have the SMD stuff on it... anyway, updates are good

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #917 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 19:14:08 »
Some new updates from Eve, the replacement PCB is ready and will be shipped out soon. Apologies for the long delay and thanks for your understanding on this.

Show Image

My PCB was DOA as well. How are people securing replacement PCBs?

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #918 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 02:12:15 »

Show Image

My PCB was DOA as well. How are people securing replacement PCBs?

The original rma listing was sent out from jay some time back. I'm not the runner or the machinist, I dont have the full details.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #919 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 05:57:48 »

These kind of contacts were the sketchiest on the original board. Hopefully they're better this time around.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #920 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 07:55:55 »
I have spoken to Eve, and he will be sending me all Mira and Moon PCB replacements. I will try to get the list of names and address from those that requires replacement.
Once I receive them, I will invoice shipping cost out before delivering them to you guys.
Cheers.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #921 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 08:11:27 »
(Attachment Link)

These kind of contacts were the sketchiest on the original board. Hopefully they're better this time around.

Paper/rubber washers work well to isolate the stab screw from the switch pad.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #922 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 08:30:31 »
Looks the same but it's just red and it doesn't have the SMD stuff on it... anyway, updates are good

I will follow up with Eve on your top case.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #923 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 21:21:51 »

I will follow up with Eve on your top case.
Thanks!

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #924 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 06:18:17 »
I have spoken to Eve, and he will be sending me all Mira and Moon PCB replacements. I will try to get the list of names and address from those that requires replacement.
Once I receive them, I will invoice shipping cost out before delivering them to you guys.
Cheers.

Where (as in country) does that mean they're getting shipped to? I guess that means direct shipping from China is not an option.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #925 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 06:42:19 »
Cheers.

Where (as in country) does that mean they're getting shipped to? I guess that means direct shipping from China is not an option.

From Singapore.

Offline PleaseBeMyFriend

• formerly honsoo
  • reddit /u/PleaseBeMyFriend
« Reply #926 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 02:01:02 »
Attached is a quick guide on how to get a default tkl layout working on moon.

This is simply an instruction about what i did while following the guide, and i hope this will work for you as well.

If i can figure out how to remap keys, ill put that in a separate guide.

Trying to program my Moon, which is currently empty...and I can't get the tkg.io website to recognize my board. It comes up as ATm32U4DFU in Device Manager as well and I've tried hitting my reset button and refreshing the page as well. Any ideas?

EDIT: Seems to have worked it self out after uninstalling the drivers and just hitting the reset button over and over again
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 October 2018, 13:10:14 by PleaseBeMyFriend »

Offline Badmotorfinger

« Reply #927 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 13:56:50 »
So I’ve been a little out of the loop but are there any viable replacement boards out there right now? I ordered 2 pcbs and one appears to have melted diodes and the other is completely missing the mini usb. I talked to miki and apparently there aren’t enough replacement pcbs from eve. So, is there anything out there that can turn my $600 paperweight into a functioning keyboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SBN

« Reply #928 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 14:33:10 »
So I’ve been a little out of the loop but are there any viable replacement boards out there right now? I ordered 2 pcbs and one appears to have melted diodes and the other is completely missing the mini usb. I talked to miki and apparently there aren’t enough replacement pcbs from eve. So, is there anything out there that can turn my $600 paperweight into a functioning keyboard?

I hope the Hineybush h87a fits, if you use the daughterboard. But the GB ended, so you may have to hope for extras or /r/mm...

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/hineybush-h87a-pcb_727/

Offline Badmotorfinger

« Reply #929 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 14:39:26 »

I hope the Hineybush h87a fits, if you use the daughterboard. But the GB ended, so you may have to hope for extras or /r/mm...

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/hineybush-h87a-pcb_727/

Cool thanks for the link. I will keep an eye out.

This is my first GB through geek hack..is it common for these GBs to end with non functioning boards or is this just particular to EVE or these GB runners? Are there any reputable custom board makers anyone recommends for future reference?

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #930 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 14:56:11 »
There are some H87a preorders available direct from him. (EU shipping probably expensive?) https://shop.hineybush.com/product/h87a-gb

I'll be replacing my (working) Moon PCB because I prefer QMK.

I hope the Taichi TKL doesnt have these same problems with EVE...

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #931 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 17:16:19 »

This one works:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95713.0;topicseen

I'm currently using it in my Moon since the PCB that originally shipped to me from Eve never worked. They can also make replacement plates for the Moon. I ordered a plastic one that matches the original Moon plate perfectly, except for no logo.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #932 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 17:25:13 »

This one works:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95713.0;topicseen

I'm currently using it in my Moon since the PCB that originally shipped to me from Eve never worked. They can also make replacement plates for the Moon. I ordered a plastic one that matches the original Moon plate perfectly, except for no logo.

moon uses a jane plate, so it's just standard

the files are floating around somewhere if you want a wacky material or something

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #933 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 20:47:13 »
moon uses a jane plate, so it's just standard

the files are floating around somewhere if you want a wacky material or something

Good to know!

Offline Eggplant

« Reply #934 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 20:51:41 »
Cheers.

Hey Mikiberry,

Did zzjayfree send over his list, or will we have to recontact you if we had an issue that was submitted through him?

Thanks for handling this btw!

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #935 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 21:20:30 »
Cheers.

Hey Mikiberry,

Did zzjayfree send over his list, or will we have to recontact you if we had an issue that was submitted through him?

Thanks for handling this btw!

I dont have a list but a screenshot. I need to find eason on qq to get it. But my understanding is your issue is just screws right?

Offline Eggplant

« Reply #936 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 21:22:47 »
I have bad threads or not long enough screws on one and a bad pcb on the other, I pm'd over the full details to zzjayfree, but never heard back, but I assumed it was because he was dealing with so many other issues.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #937 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 22:01:53 »
I have bad threads or not long enough screws on one and a bad pcb on the other, I pm'd over the full details to zzjayfree, but never heard back, but I assumed it was because he was dealing with so many other issues.

He had a kid a few months back and has been largely MIA here since

Offline Eggplant

« Reply #938 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 22:16:06 »

He had a kid a few months back and has been largely MIA here since

That's understandable, I just want to check in to make sure I was accounted for; I had originally pm'd him back in April and hadn't heard back, and now that a mikiberry is handling replacements, I just wanted to check in.

I've already sent over the details to mikiberry, via discord.

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #939 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 23:44:25 »
Should I send my problems over to Miki too since he's handling the replacements?

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #940 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 00:57:57 »
Hello, i keep getting additional rma requests on top of the existing screenshotted list for replacement. I need a cut off for issues reported because there would no end for me. You report issues to me, but i cannot guarantee you anything. I will forward your responses to eve. Also i will be charging shipping for replacement parts, as i do not wish to incur any cost at my end.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #941 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 00:58:55 »
Should I send my problems over to Miki too since he's handling the replacements?

Let me know in details what went wrong, i saw ur name on the list pertaining to logo.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #942 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 01:34:04 »
Hello, i keep getting additional rma requests on top of the existing screenshotted list for replacement. I need a cut off for issues reported because there would no end for me. You report issues to me, but i cannot guarantee you anything. I will forward your responses to eve. Also i will be charging shipping for replacement parts, as i do not wish to incur any cost at my end.
I don't know how you got roped into being the proxy for everything. I really do appreciate stepping up and helping fix everything but it seems pretty unfair to be dropped into your lap. Either EVE should be available to handle this, or zzjayfree since they were organising the buy from the start. I can sympathise that he had a child on the way and there are bigger priorities in life than keyboards, but just dropping everything cold and going MIA once the products finally started landing and showed consistent deal-breaking issues is not exactly great form. It shouldn't be a lucky dip or lottery to determine if you get a working PCB or a paperweight.

I more and more think the decent thing for EVE to do would be offer refunds to the value of a replacement PCB. https://shop.hineybush.com/product/h87a-gb is taking pre-orders now even though the original group buy closed and it's a very reasonably priced PCB. At least then this saga could be resolved once and for all.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #943 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 03:27:26 »
Eve is ready to handle, just can't speak English lol.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #944 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 08:17:03 »
Eve is ready to handle, just can't speak English lol.
:)) fair point

Offline jaymaikan

« Reply #945 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 18:47:11 »
Got 2 bricks myself. 66% fail rate on my PCBs. Turning out to be a damn expensive board.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #946 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 20:27:59 »
Anyone know what resistors the OG board uses/ I found one of my pcb to be missing a single resistor on a key.

Or any other resistor sku I can use instead. Thanks!

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #947 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 22:05:08 »
Forgive me if this has been covered, this thread is huge. But does anyone know where I could purchase the daughterboards for the Moon? Or, compatible products you guys may have tried that works? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #948 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 22:10:50 »
Forgive me if this has been covered, this thread is huge. But does anyone know where I could purchase the daughterboards for the Moon? Or, compatible products you guys may have tried that works? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tl;dr you can't, wait for EVE

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #949 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 22:12:47 »

tl;dr you can't, wait for EVE

Drats thats what I thought.

EVE....hook us up.... (waits for a response).