Author Topic: Beige two-tone availability?  (Read 2793 times)

Offline aesthetics1

Beige two-tone availability?
« on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 00:41:37 »
Can anyone comment on the quality of this set:

https://www.originativeco.com/classic-beige-two-tone

...and, since Sherry seems to be MIA, does anyone know of another shop/person to pick these up from?

Looking to throw them on my QFR.  :p

Thanks
Home: Filco Majestouch TKL MX Red | Work: Ducky Shining (Blue LED) MX Black | Collection: CM Quickfire Rapid MX Red

Offline bazemk1979

Re: Beige two-tone availability?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 07:22:38 »
there is some talk that other vendors will start bringing in GMK sets, wait a lil and see what happens, Sherry was suppose to bring other retro style combo colors but he is MIA, wait a lil longer. As for quality what you want more, these are made by GMK who owns the tooling for all Cherry DS keycaps, this is the real thing just new keycaps are made to fit todays modern ANSI layout, see the non stepped caps lock... see the bottom modifiers... see the window logo and the page one they both are DS and before on their older boards they were laser etched if beige keycaps or laser etched then infilled if black keycaps. So yea they are the real deal cause they come by the original manufacturer that made them 30+ years a go....
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 08:01:21 »
The quality is that of Cherry keycaps. If you've typed on them, then you know their quality. Subjectively, they are probably the greatest doubleshot ABS caps to type on, which I agree with.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 08:10:25 »
Non-old school legends bother me though @.@

Note the way the tab, print screen, pause/break keys look compare to classic sets

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 08:15:05 »
Non-old school legends bother me though @.@

Note the way the tab, print screen, pause/break keys look compare to classic sets
We gotta be progressive man! We can't live in the past forever...

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 09:20:49 »
looks nice. i should buy a set of these. i wish they were a little cheaper though...
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline aesthetics1

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 17:01:05 »
Thanks for all of the helpful info.

Hopefully they start appearing at other vendors soon. I don't know how the current GMK group buy is going to end up =/.
Home: Filco Majestouch TKL MX Red | Work: Ducky Shining (Blue LED) MX Black | Collection: CM Quickfire Rapid MX Red

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 21:07:42 »
Which group buy?  The modifier set one?  I think the MOQ seems hard to meet  >____>

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 22:39:31 »
i am really thinking i should get a set. those look really nice but they are expensive for two-tone beige...hmm
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline aesthetics1

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 10 April 2013, 23:15:26 »
Which group buy?  The modifier set one?  I think the MOQ seems hard to meet  >____>

Yup, that's the one.

Offline birthdaymonkey

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 20 April 2013, 23:35:19 »
Seriously nice looking keycaps. I am hoping these -- and maybe a white-on-black set -- become more widely available.

With the increasing popularity of mechanical keyboards, I'm surprised it's taken so long for double-shots to become commercially available.
Realforce 87u 55g | WASD v1 with Blues | Quickfire Rapid with Blues | Filco 87 with Reds

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 01:12:14 »
Seriously nice looking keycaps. I am hoping these -- and maybe a white-on-black set -- become more widely available.

With the increasing popularity of mechanical keyboards, I'm surprised it's taken so long for double-shots to become commercially available.
They are getting popular, however most don't want to drop money on a full set of custom keycaps or
multiple keyboards.  Especially when mamy boards today have various incompatibilities with typical molds.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 11:20:19 »
Wrong the Purple already met the MOQ.... We will have reopening in order to shift our money towards the 2nd close runner set, looks like some of us will be doing that, I know I will be shifting my money that was going to spend on CMYK towards the Esc pack.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 00:17:31 »
Ohhhhhhh good job hitting the MOQ, I was hoping blue would win as the choice of colour but it end up 2nd place  :(

Otherwise I would've jump on this already, and now I'm also hoping another vendor would pick up the original Cherry ABS double shot set so I can buy it soon.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden