Author Topic: Help with FC660C + GMK keycaps  (Read 7303 times)

Offline JP911

Help with FC660C + GMK keycaps
« on: Tue, 09 August 2022, 16:33:25 »
I got some aftermarket switch adapters and Im kind of confused on how to make the spacebar work! Seems like there isn't a center piece, do I need a different GMK spacebar? I also dont know which switch adapters these are, got them off a friend.

Any assistance would be great! Cuz I love these keycaps over the stock ones.

Offline kokokoy

Re: Help with FC660C + GMK keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 02:05:05 »
Need a donor Novatouch stab or get the stabilizer pack from deskeys.

Also yes, that spacebar won't work since

- it's a non centered stem
- also has 2 stems on each end as one of it might interfer with the stab housing

You can do a bit of work on it but cutting and gluing but that would be really messy or just find a 6Uc (centered) spacebar.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 August 2022, 02:09:12 by kokokoy »

Offline JP911

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 13:25:50 »
Ok! Thanks! That's actually what I figured and i thought I was just dumb lol.

I'll see if I can source one.

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 01:37:55 »
No worries. For the slider, those are from NIZ. They wobble a bit when used on a stock housing else if you use NIZ own housing it would be much better. I have them also but replaced them with deskeys when they released their own. So far they are the best I had compared to JTK, NIZ, novatouch and even topre sliders.

Offline JP911

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 09:16:15 »
Yes, i noticed that too. They are a bit wobbly. I notice if you look top down, each key has like enough play where the keys aren't 100% straight. I kind of just lived with it but it bugged me a lot.

Lastly too, the enter key and tab key I have to sand down otherwise its like super tight, they wont go up and down. I kind of thought I did something wrong, but Im going to look into the deskeys ones like you said. I was tempted to print my own from resin but if they are commercially available already, id rather buy them.