Author Topic: [Help] GON MX Mini  (Read 2265 times)

Offline SpicyLobotomy

[Help] GON MX Mini
« on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 19:43:59 »
Hey guys I need some quick advice here. I purchased a GON MX Mini keyboard, which is what I understand to be a PS/2 AVR board. I guess this means that it outputs signal as a PS/2 signal. I currently have it connected with a mini USB cable connected to a PS/2 Avr Extender and bootloader (essentially a female USB and male USB with a circuit board in the middle) which is then connected to my PC. Can I just buy a mini USB to PS/2 cable from mimic and reduce the complications? Or do I have to use this weird electronic converter and plug in via USB? Thanks in advance.
"Squidward, I used your clarinet to unclog my toilet"

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do?"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [Help] GON MX Mini
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 20:19:12 »

Hey guys I need some quick advice here. I purchased a GON MX Mini keyboard, which is what I understand to be a PS/2 AVR board. I guess this means that it outputs signal as a PS/2 signal. I currently have it connected with a mini USB cable connected to a PS/2 Avr Extender and bootloader (essentially a female USB and male USB with a circuit board in the middle) which is then connected to my PC. Can I just buy a mini USB to PS/2 cable from mimic and reduce the complications? Or do I have to use this weird electronic converter and plug in via USB? Thanks in advance.

I believe that you can buy such a cable and have it work. If I'm remembering correctly, I've seen it done before with other boards that were similar. I think binge has such a cable on his 2TU, and I think I saw one other. Obviously can't offer much info besides that.  :(  but I think it should be possible!  :)

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 20:29:52 »
such cables also exist for commercial keyboards that are designed to output PS/2 or USB. I think the rosewill RK9000 is such a one.

Offline SpicyLobotomy

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 20:14:00 »
Appreciate the help guys! Sorry for delayed response. USB to PS/2 did not end up working. Oh well.

Offline cphead

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 20:15:18 »
Appreciate the help guys! Sorry for delayed response. USB to PS/2 did not end up working. Oh well.

You may need one specifically for mice and keyboards. I had the same issue and then I got one that is supposedly for keyboards and now it works. No idea why there's a difference.

Offline SpicyLobotomy

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 20:24:59 »

You may need one specifically for mice and keyboards. I had the same issue and then I got one that is supposedly for keyboards and now it works. No idea why there's a difference.

Alright I will look into that, thanks! It may end up just being easier to keep using the little digital converter device  :confused: