Author Topic: [IC] KAT Shogōki [Deskmat updated]  (Read 61072 times)

Offline ElvnFong

Re: [IC] KAT Shogōki
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 22:52:27 »
THIS IS MUST !

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 22:14:12 »
Idea. Could you make a green ANSI enter like you did the ISO?
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Stanley.Bishop

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 05:11:46 »
Looks like a must-buy for whoever got space65 in eva colorway recently :)

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 14:33:16 »
Any possible for 2.25u Green enter with green spacebar? Thanks
Enter is added already. I'll do the green spacebars and add it to the spacebar kits :)

Very nice Alphas and Hiragana kits!

May I dare asking for the addition of a combined Alphas / Hiragana kit. This will make it complete :)
I must concur too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice Alphas and Hiragana kits!

May I dare asking for the addition of a combined Alphas / Hiragana kit. This will make it complete :)

Technically I would hope to do so, but am worried that it'll look too cramped.

Idea. Could you make a green ANSI enter like you did the ISO?

Just changed. I forgot to change the other Enter to green. Thanks for reminding me :)

Offline psxndc

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 15:31:18 »
Looks dope! ne icon mods for ortho?
Ortho. Always.

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 15:42:25 »
Will work on it tomorrow for Ortho and Ergos :)

Offline krikun98

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 16:32:14 »
Numpad? And I must second icon mods for forties.

Also, maybe more green accents? At least green enters for forties.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 04:52:32 by krikun98 »

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 04:11:51 »
For those that are worried about the dye sub issue on the colors, I had checked with keyreative. They mentioned there shouldn't be any issue in making these. Hope this will answer the question that some of you might have. :)

Offline Novafish

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 01:13:08 »
hira and latin alphas?

Offline zalmez

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 14:20:00 »
It looks really cool, love the purple!

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:17:11 »
Any chance of switching to katakana instead of hiragana?  IMO the angularity fits the EVA aesthetic better.

Offline slaimuuu

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 23:07:14 »
it's bit off topic but do you considering 02 after this work?
you know that sa 02 is dead as hell too...  :thumb:

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 08:44:55 »
Sorry for the lack of updates.
I'll work on the Katakana sets as well! :D
I had requested for samples from Keyreative, hopefully I will receive them by end of this month, or earliest next month :)

I'll update more once I get the samples! Hope you guys are as excited as I am!

Offline methbreath69

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 10:15:42 »
Sorry for the lack of updates.
I had requested for samples from Keyreative, hopefully I will receive them by end of this month, or earliest next month :)

I'll update more once I get the samples! Hope you guys are as excited as I am!

w00t Katakana! That's got me excited. This is my most anticipated keycap set of the year so far.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 10:26:50 »

Whoa. Colevrak+ and TWO weeb sets? This may break me.
Ortho. Always.

Offline pepo2181

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 19:37:36 »
Would a numpad kit be included?

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 22:28:18 »
This is a really nice set! I like the hiragana look, but I agree that Katakana may suit the Eva theme better.

While you’re looking at the kana set, please consider making the following changes/additions (here I have used the standard notation of using R1 for the top row and R4 for the bottom, which appears to be the reverse of how you have the rows labelled):

• Replace R1 む with ー, or add an R1 ー key. This is the syllable extending line character, not the kanji for “1” or anything like that.  It’s often inside a dotted box on Japanese keyboards.
  • Add an R3 む key
  • Add an R4 ろ key

These keys are required for correct placement for people who are actually typing using kana input; also, without the R3 む, ISO users won’t be able to use the kana set either. For kana-only sets, I believe these changes represent a nice compromise that allows JIS, ISO, and ANSI users all to get the most out of the set without having to add to many keys, and I would love to see this become the standard layout for those creating Japanese alpha sets.

If you want to support JIS users further, the inclusion of a 2U shift (which you have! Thank you!) allows for the extra ろ key on the bottom row, and a 3U space bar allows space for the English/Kana keys that go either side of the space bar on a Japanese keyboard.

Thanks for your consideration!  Please feel free to hit me up if you have any questions about JIS layout.

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 00:11:28 »
This is a really nice set! I like the hiragana look, but I agree that Katakana may suit the Eva theme better.

While you’re looking at the kana set, please consider making the following changes/additions (here I have used the standard notation of using R1 for the top row and R4 for the bottom, which appears to be the reverse of how you have the rows labelled):

• Replace R1 む with ー, or add an R1 ー key. This is the syllable extending line character, not the kanji for “1” or anything like that.  It’s often inside a dotted box on Japanese keyboards.
  • Add an R3 む key
  • Add an R4 ろ key

These keys are required for correct placement for people who are actually typing using kana input; also, without the R3 む, ISO users won’t be able to use the kana set either. For kana-only sets, I believe these changes represent a nice compromise that allows JIS, ISO, and ANSI users all to get the most out of the set without having to add to many keys, and I would love to see this become the standard layout for those creating Japanese alpha sets.

If you want to support JIS users further, the inclusion of a 2U shift (which you have! Thank you!) allows for the extra ろ key on the bottom row, and a 3U space bar allows space for the English/Kana keys that go either side of the space bar on a Japanese keyboard.

Thanks for your consideration!  Please feel free to hit me up if you have any questions about JIS layout.

Thank you for your suggestions! I'll take in the suggestions and add the keys as optional keys :)

Would a numpad kit be included?

Yeap it will be. I think I accidentally forgot to upload the numpad kit up. Thanks for reminding! I'll update it back up later when I'm back home :)

Offline GhostEther

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 15:01:59 »
Ohhhhhh that hiragana set is perfection

Offline Hellenic94

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 19:43:29 »
I know its still early but whats a time frame for this? Cyberspace and Unit 01 are coming this summer but I do prefer KAT profile :)

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 01:11:49 »
KAT needs ortho icon:

Offline krikun98

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 04:27:37 »
And 40s icons, don't forget those!

Offline methbreath69

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 09:08:25 »
God I can't wait for this set to run

Offline JustinUtherdude

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 16:17:28 »
I know that this set is a long way off, but have you checked out the KAT cyberspace thread? (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104969.0) Do you think that it would be possible or good looking to do the legends in a glow in the dark or shine through pbt plastic? I also noticed that a hirigana set exists, but no dual legend option exists, is that something that might be in the works? And if the last question is of interest, is there any chance for a cyrillic option? Thank you for your time. Justin

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 09:24:46 »
A small update,

Deskmat art is in the works. The sketch had been done, and the artist will proceed with completing it. It will take some time, as the artist is having some health problems, but I'm sure you all would not be disappointed with the art. ;)

The other good news is, there will be collabs. So ready your wallets, it'll be an exciting ride for everyone

I'm terribly sorry for the lack of updates lately as well, as college had just started and I'm trying to finish up some assignments and projects. Currently aiming to release this set within the next few months, so there will be a lot of things to work on.

Offline GhostEther

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 16:25:59 »
Awesome, can't wait to see the desk mat!

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 03:39:24 »
Did you straight up almost copy GMK unit 1 by full metal on everything about this set then just expand because LAT is keyboard community friendly unlike GM - Over prices child kits galore - K

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 04:06:49 »
Did you straight up almost copy GMK unit 1 by full metal on everything about this set then just expand because LAT is keyboard community friendly unlike GM - Over prices child kits galore - K

By that logic, did KAT Hyperfuse straight up copy GMK Hyperfuse?

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 08:43:18 »

By that logic, did KAT Hyperfuse straight up copy GMK Hyperfuse?

Yes, With permission from the creator.

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 17:07:48 »
Maybe get permission to use the novelties from GMK Unit-01 also?  I would honestly rather have this theme in KAT profile, but having some novelties would be really nice.

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 11:24:51 »
Did you straight up almost copy GMK unit 1 by full metal on everything about this set then just expand because LAT is keyboard community-friendly unlike GM - Over prices child kits galore - K

I have tried to contact the full metal before starting this project. Although I have reached out to him before but got no reply from him. As much as I like EVA theme caps, I decided to create a KAT Shogoki instead of clashing with a cherry profile EVA theme cap which we never know whether the creator will come back to work on his set after the lack of update since January.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 11:33:32 »
Did you straight up almost copy GMK unit 1 by full metal on everything about this set then just expand because LAT is keyboard community-friendly unlike GM - Over prices child kits galore - K

I have tried to contact the full metal before starting this project. Although I have reached out to him before but got no reply from him. As much as I like EVA theme caps, I decided to create a KAT Shogoki instead of clashing with a cherry profile EVA theme cap which we never know whether the creator will come back to work on his set after the lack of update since January.
Unit 1 it's going into group buy next month..?

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 11:54:49 »
I don't care about some other designer that went AWOL for 5 months.

This is based on animation not some other keyset/colorway.

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 11:36:11 »
A small tease of the upcoming deskmat, its not rendered yet, but I'll update keep you guys updated on the state of the deskmat as its still subjected to be changed.

Offline Zedd_alpha

• hi, i am zedd, i am just looking
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 12:39:37 »
UNIT 01 Launch XD ;D ;D ;D ;D
wanderer

Offline Pepekeys

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 22:00:00 »
Excited for the set!

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 09:46:28 »

Well apparently he got permission but there’s a difference between basing a keyset on the same cartoon you guys watch and then copying the same colors in the same exact places with almost same novelties. So yes people do care about that. However in this case it’s ok and your cartoon keyset will be coming to you soon for your next Saturday morning cartoon binge.

Offline Sabin

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 10:11:46 »
Any plan or chance of a set with latin and hiragana on it like some of the other gmk sets?

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 01:41:43 »

Well apparently he got permission but there’s a difference between basing a keyset on the same cartoon you guys watch and then copying the same colors in the same exact places with almost same novelties. So yes people do care about that. However in this case it’s ok and your cartoon keyset will be coming to you soon for your next Saturday morning cartoon binge.

« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2020, 03:29:47 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 03:23:45 »
Any plan or chance of a set with latin and hiragana on it like some of the other gmk sets?

I could give it a shot. Do you have any photos on that?

Offline Kash

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 11:20:00 »
Made an account to express how excited I am about this project. Is there any reason why the hiragana characters seem smaller on R4? If those get changed to be the same size as the rest of the alphas, I'm absolutely in!

Have you got any more recent updates? You mentioned you had requested a sample a couple months ago, could you share some pics please? :D

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 11:32:39 »
Made an account to express how excited I am about this project. Is there any reason why the hiragana characters seem smaller on R4? If those get changed to be the same size as the rest of the alphas, I'm absolutely in!

Have you got any more recent updates? You mentioned you had requested a sample a couple months ago, could you share some pics please? :D

Yeap. Was gonna update this up with the photo samples ! :)

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 11:37:40 »
Heya guys,

This is a small update on the samples I received.

There's still some difference on the green. I'll continue working with Keyreative to get it right :)

I hope you guys are excited for this! :D 
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Offline psxndc

Re: [IC] KAT Shogōki [Photo of the Samples updated!]
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 14:04:58 »
Is it just me, or are the font sizes different? It looks a little odd.
Ortho. Always.

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 14:06:09 »
Ive been lurking on Geekhack for almost a year. Finally created an account today just to say... I WANT THIS ONE!

Offline Kyosurai

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 20:35:57 »
Is it just me, or are the font sizes different? It looks a little odd.

Yea, the font sizes are different for the F row and Mods... I had taken note of it , will make sure it doesn't happen during GB :)

Offline Kash

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 07:24:22 »
The samples look good! Just hoping for more vibrancy on the colours to get them matching the renders as closely as possible.

Btw, will the R4 hiragana keys have a smaller font than the rest of the keyboard? It looks this way in the images and just wanted to confirm if that was (not) the case? I think it would look better if they were uniform with the rest of the caps, personally.

Thanks!

Offline Steche

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 10:47:20 »
Are the colours exactly the same as gmk mecha 01?

Offline Bax

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 11:40:09 »
Love it! Perfect contrast between purple and green, can't wait for the novelties

Offline 13a0w3n

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 11:44:49 »
can't wait to see the progress, please keep us posted,
still decisive between this or mecha-01.