Author Topic: E-3lue Cobra Budget Gaming Mouse  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Inception

E-3lue Cobra Budget Gaming Mouse
« on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 20:38:37 »
I bought this product originally because I needed a replacement to the literally no-brand China-made OEM mouse which came with my computer, as it was going out (After three months of use I might add). The product took about six days to arrive (It arrived one day late as there was a delay which I didn't really mind) and upon arrival everything seemed fine and dandy, I unboxed the thing and used it a bit. At first this mouse was actually pretty outstanding, it wasn't the highest quality product out there but it did what at the time I wanted it to do - improve my apm and simply work. The problems started about three days later... Firstly, the mouse wheel began squeaking which I found extremely annoying. I opened the thing up to see why it was so damned squeaky, what I saw before me was clearly a design flaw. The mouse wheel rubs up against and into this piece of plastic which over a short period of time wears down and that plastic dust produces the extremely loud and annoying squeaking sound, because the wheel is literally held into place by this piece of plastic, you can make all the effort you want to clean it out or lube it up - It simply won't work, the squeaking is inescapable and will sometimes disappear but always ends up coming back. This wasn't the only problem however, a couple of days later I noticed that the left click button was simply not registering sometimes, which is exactly what I was trying to escape from in the first place (It is what happened to the crappy OEM mouse). I didn't bother sending this thing back, I lost the 30-day return policy and I think I may have thrown it away the first day by accident. Now and then I try the mouse out to see if maybe it'll magically start working normally again - and it does for a short while... Oddly. The left click button will work fine and the mouse wheel won't squeak for about an hour and then it will again. It is amazing that in all of the product reviews I have seen, NONE of these issues have even been hinted at. I now use a Dell mouse I picked up from my school for free... Reliable so far.
Overall 1/10 DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 April 2015, 20:40:32 by Inception »
-CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Cherry MX Blues

Offline ADFX_Pixy

Re: E-3lue Cobra Budget Gaming Mouse
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 18:33:58 »
If you want a simple mouse that works I think you should pick up the Logitech G100s. It's a simple mouse that is well regarded for being a quality mouse especially at its price range. On Amazon, compared to the E-3lue Cobra mouse, it's around $10 extra for the G100s.
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
Re: E-3lue Cobra Budget Gaming Mouse
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 19:14:56 »
i've been using these for a couple of years and have no complaints, honestly.  left click button gives out after about a year, but that's to be expected and not something i'd complain about on a mouse this cheap.