Author Topic: [IC] Alpine65: 65% Gasket | Revamped Thread | PCBs Soon!  (Read 158536 times)

Offline Ajoker86

Re: [IC] Alpine65 - Gasket Mounted 65%
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 08:05:46 »
I知 down!! I would get one without the logo.

Offline diazel

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 11:24:57 »
Yep, definite interest on my part too. Would definitely like to see a green or cerakote version but still interested either way.

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 23:20:56 »
Yep, definite interest on my part too. Would definitely like to see a green or cerakote version but still interested either way.
I've already got most colors set in stone - sorry :(

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 19:53:33 »
that looks gorgeous, any thoughts about adding split spacebar?

Offline ilikerustoo

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 02:26:16 »
Send a board/proto to Jae from Top Clack to review!

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 10:30:40 »
Send a board/proto to Jae from Top Clack to review!
We have a voting poll on Discord for who to send it too! We will wait until this week's episode of Top Clack, see what Jae thinks   :)

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 09:16:27 »
I知 down!! I would get one without the logo.
Yep! There will be an option for no logo.

Offline elisha

Re: [IC] Alpine65 - Gasket Mounted 65% - Update 6/19/20, Timeline Update
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 15:29:58 »
I'm digging the art deco look  :cool:

Offline SpadesJr

Re: [IC] Alpine65 - Gasket Mounted 65% - New Website! - Timeline Updated.
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 21:21:46 »
PC version looks great!

Offline Glueeater

Hoping the PC version happens!  But I'm in for white nonetheless.

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
Hoping the PC version happens!  But I'm in for white nonetheless.

Definetly going to happen :)

Offline sl4ppy

Im in!

Offline Rew23

Is there going to be an option to order a solderable PCB alongside the hotswap PCB?  I know you said in the discord that having two separate would most likely not happen, I just wanted to know if there was a final decision on if two would be offered. Personally, I question the long term (several year) durability of most hotswap PCB's and I generally prefer the stability of a soldered PCB. There seems to be a massive trend towards hotswap PCB's in every board being released to accommodate the large influx of people into the hobby. It has great utility and allows for more people entry into custom boards, but it also garners personal hesitation for long term feel and use of a board.  I absolutely love the design of the board from the cluster, to the logo, to the weight.  I really hope that it isn't pigeonholed into a hotswap exclusive board, especially since most soldered PCBs can be mill-maxed into a hotswap, but the inverse isn't always true. Regardless good luck with the remainder of the IC and potential GB of this lovely design.

Offline danieljgrouse

I agree that this might be my favourite design for a 65% board yet, but that I would much prefer to have an option for a non-hotswap PCB as I don稚 have the best experience with the longevity of the sockets and would also love to see few more layout options.

Offline anttrax

Beautiful wieght and board. :thumb:

Offline stein3

I love the look of the weight, but I am wondering if the sharp inner edges are going to make it difficult to clean out dust.
I think it would be better if the cutouts were shallow and infilled with some color to go with the case color (or just black or white to make it easy).

Offline tuxkey

as someone that is addicted to 65% boards having several.. last was NK65.. x2 and thinking of making that 3 in the future..
i would rather have this board for sure.. and getting a spare pcb would be awesome to but i payed almost $50 for the NK65 to get it past customs and not to mention the shipping. if there is anyone that can recommend a trustworthy proxy.. i would love to join this GB.. and buy my first higher end board.. otherwise it's NK65 $170 + $25 or more shipping +$45 or more customs..

Offline Glueeater

The price for the PC is amazing  :-X

Offline newbs1111

ENLIST MEEE!

Offline neojonathan

Would there be an image for potential layouts ?

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
Is there going to be an option to order a solderable PCB alongside the hotswap PCB?  I know you said in the discord that having two separate would most likely not happen, I just wanted to know if there was a final decision on if two would be offered. Personally, I question the long term (several year) durability of most hotswap PCB's and I generally prefer the stability of a soldered PCB. There seems to be a massive trend towards hotswap PCB's in every board being released to accommodate the large influx of people into the hobby. It has great utility and allows for more people entry into custom boards, but it also garners personal hesitation for long term feel and use of a board.  I absolutely love the design of the board from the cluster, to the logo, to the weight.  I really hope that it isn't pigeonholed into a hotswap exclusive board, especially since most soldered PCBs can be mill-maxed into a hotswap, but the inverse isn't always true. Regardless good luck with the remainder of the IC and potential GB of this lovely design.
You can vote on the Discord Poll for Hotswap vs Soldered

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
Would there be an image for potential layouts ?
There is just 1 ANSI Layout.

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
as someone that is addicted to 65% boards having several.. last was NK65.. x2 and thinking of making that 3 in the future..
i would rather have this board for sure.. and getting a spare pcb would be awesome to but i payed almost $50 for the NK65 to get it past customs and not to mention the shipping. if there is anyone that can recommend a trustworthy proxy.. i would love to join this GB.. and buy my first higher end board.. otherwise it's NK65 $170 + $25 or more shipping +$45 or more customs..

I will try to see what we can do about customs, and shipping, hopefully it will be good, more information to come!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website

I will try to see what we can do about customs, and shipping, hopefully it will be good, more information to come!

This is the main issue with EU. The customs will charge an arm and a leg for importing things. So I would really hope that you can somehow contact other EU proxies likes MyKeyboard or Candykeys and have them on board. Eu customers will jump on this!

Offline Krzew

yes, EU proxy is definitely needed!

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
yes, EU proxy is definitely needed!
For the mousepad we will have a proxy :))

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
Re: [IC] Alpine65: 65% Gasket Mount + ALPINE DESKMAT | Vote on Designs
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 12:32:13 »
Bump for Alpine Deskmat

Offline jdylanmc

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 09:08:29 »
Hotswap PCB would be badass, love the navy color.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 17:03:23 »
Hotswap PCB would be badass, love the navy color.

It's hotswap!! :))

Offline CrescentKick

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 20:02:34 »
You've done an awesome job designing the weight section.  The Purple and Cyan are mint! Would really love this in a British racing green please.   

Offline Twigler

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 12:54:28 »
This looks so nice!

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 14:43:21 »
This is so awesome! Totally in for this, hopefully purple happens if not, i'll be in for that red!
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline Arcen

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 21:05:43 »
Can't wait for this!

Offline Dunne

• Dunne
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 21:46:40 »
Interested & will reserve, any Asia proxies? Could help for Vietnam  :)

Offline wawa

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 22:32:54 »
If there ends up being a dyed PC option with a hotswap PCB, I will throw so much money at this

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 01:05:47 »
If there ends up being a dyed PC option with a hotswap PCB, I will throw so much money at this
OFC! Black PC with Hotswap - You know it!

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
I agree that this might be my favourite design for a 65% board yet, but that I would much prefer to have an option for a non-hotswap PCB as I don稚 have the best experience with the longevity of the sockets and would also love to see few more layout options.
For this one, we'll only have Hotswap. We'll be sure to add this to the next board!

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
To accommodate more people (We made a poll on discord) We have decided that hotswap is the way to go. There are no notable durability or sound differences, and it will be better for people who do not have a soldering iron. We will be sure to add 2 options for the next board - maybe even sell an extra PCB after the Alpine if there is enough demand! :)

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 01:19:42 »
Interested & will reserve, any Asia proxies? Could help for Vietnam  :)
We will have a Chinese Proxy :)

Offline Kharann

Any plans for ISO if the interest was big enough?

Offline Bitmxp

• I値l take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
Not at the moment, because having hotswap and ISO would mean that I need 2 boards designed for each, and QC would be harder and manufacturing would be pricier.

Offline jdylanmc

Any thoughts on bluetooth connectivity?

Offline raz0r54

If there were a proxy from EU... it'd be great

Offline Oregano Jones

Board is looking great! Now that you have gotten your hands on a finished prototype, do you think the red colour would fit well with the upcoming Infinikey Port keycap set?

Offline bhombs_

Nice design on the bottoms bracket :thumb:

Offline Mugue

all the renders look incredible count me in  ;D

Offline CrimHaxx

Just came across this and I am so hyped!

Offline anttrax

i mean since i'm in San Diego as well can i personally pick it up now? LOL ;D

Offline Kharann

Not at the moment, because having hotswap and ISO would mean that I need 2 boards designed for each, and QC would be harder and manufacturing would be pricier.

That's understandable and i respect your design choices :thumb:. I didnt notice that the board was non-solderable which makes flexibility in layout a bit harder. Anyway good luck man! Hopefully you will come back with a solderable option in the future and then i will wait excitingly :). Maybe if im lucky you might go with a solder pcb afterall
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 July 2020, 03:55:39 by Kharann »

Offline Stev!e

Do you have a production cap? Do you plan on making this an unlimited group buy?