Author Topic: #2 GMK/DCS and Topre Blank keys Pre-order Sale (Round 2)( Over )  (Read 37011 times)

Offline martinyeah

#2 GMK/DCS and Topre Blank keys Pre-order Sale (Round 2)( Over )
« on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 12:00:47 »
GMK/Cherry and Topre Blank keys Pre-order Sale round 2 is starting now.

We offer discount for all pre-order and the more you buy, the more savings you get.

For more information please go here : https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78367.0

GMK/Cherry Blank key

#1 Three tone - RWB
For GMK or Cherry R4 row
USD 16 /pc

#2 Three tone - 70's
For GMK or Cherry R4 row
USD 16 /pc

#3 Two tone - Gray Wolf
For GMK or Cherry R4 row
USD 12 /pc

#4 Two tone - Blue Green
For GMK or Cherry R4 row
USD 12 /pc

#5 Singer color - Lavender
For GMK or Cherry R4 row
USD 8 /pc

#6 Singer color - Aqua Green
For GMK or Cherry R4 row
USD 8 /pc

#7 Singer color - Purple
For GMK or Cherry R4 row
USD 8 /pc

Topre

#8 Three tone - RWB
For Topre R4 row
USD 16 /pc

#9 Three tone - 70's
For Topre R4 and R1 row
USD 16 /pc

#10 Two tone - Blue Green
For Topre R4 ,R3 ,R2 and R1 row
USD 12 /pc

#11 Two tone - Gray wolf
For Topre R4 ,R3 ,R2 and R1 row
USD 12 /pc

#12 Two tone - Red x White
For Topre  R3 ,R2 and R1 row
USD 12 /pc

#13 Two tone - Black x Maroon
For Topre  R3 and R2 row
USD 12 /pc

#14 Singer color - Aqua Green
For Topre  R4 ,R3 ,R2 and R1 row
USD 8 /pc

#15 Singer color - Purple
For Topre  R4 ,R3 ,R2 and R1 row
USD 8 /pc

#16 Singer color - Green Poison
For Topre  R3 and R2 row
USD 8 /pc

#17 Two tone - Black x Maroon
For Topre  Control / Caps Lock
USD 12 /pc

#18 Two tone - Blue Green
USD 12 /pc

#19 Two tone - Gray Wolf
USD 12 /pc

#20 Singer color - Lavender
USD 8 /pc

#21 Singer color - Green Poison
USD 8 /pc

#22 Singer color - Purple
USD 8 /pc

#23 Singer color - Aqua Green
USD 8 /pc

HKP Blank Key Profiles :
GMK : R4 row (Esc ,F1,F2...)
Cherry Profile : R4 (Esc ,F1,F2...)
Topre  : R4 row (Esc ,F1,F2...) R3 row (Q,W,R..) R2 row (A,S,D..)  R1 row (Z,X,C..)
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 September 2016, 12:45:36 by martinyeah »

Offline martinyeah

Hold

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
holy moly!

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
OMG... Ö_Ö

Edit:
Wait... Pre order period until 10th Feb?
Soo, I can take some time to consider all the countless options? xD

Also whats the difference between gmk and cherry profile?
Isn't gmk basically cherry profile?! Is one meant to be oem profile?

Thx for answers in advance, and truly amazing sale Martin!
You really outdid yourself this time, hype is more then real! :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 January 2016, 14:34:16 by FoC_Tow »

Offline rausse

• HHKB addict
Goodbye wallet, hello keycaps.   :D

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
<Realises all shifts are topre  :( No maroon WASD either
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 January 2016, 16:20:49 by RELLIK »

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
Question for Martin... The Topre shift/caps lock is only R2? Or can we specify for a R1 shift as well?

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
****.  Now I have to buy a ton of Topre artisans.  x)

It's too bad that #13 isn't available in R4.  Does anybody think that R2 or R3 would be good enough for an escape key?
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 January 2016, 17:01:16 by cryptokey »
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline chancellorr

Man. I would love some of those MX keys for my WASD cluster. Bummer.

Offline theanyday

• love love love
These look pretty amazing martin!  :eek:
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
I think I'm going to be broke...

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
GMK is Cherry profile! The cap listed as Cherry profile looks OEM, due to the rounded corners.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline raymogi

Ordered some :)
Please feed my addiction.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
GMK is Cherry profile! The cap listed as Cherry profile looks OEM, due to the rounded corners.

I did vaguely wonder what the difference between GMK and Cherry keys was.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
Does anyone know how closely the topre match whatever is on an HHKB? I know they're shown on a realforce, but I've got my first HHKB coming in, and wanted to get stripes down the middle.
"we didn't choose the furt life, the furt life chose us"

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
There's actually photos in the Instagram (see Martin's signature) and other threads in the Hot Keys Project subforum with various keycaps on the HHKB.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter

This...
I can't distinguish the difference between the two, HendyZone said it might be the edge of the cap where one of them is more sharp and edgy
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."

This...
I can't distinguish the difference between the two, HendyZone said it might be the edge of the cap where one of them is more sharp and edgy
The "Cherry" has round edges like DCS or OEM.

Edit: I said OEM but it looks more like DCS.

The "GMK" (actual Cherry profile) has sharp edges.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:54:33 by Joey Quinn »
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter

This...

Hmm.. so GMK option is the one for me
Now which should I get...

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."

Yep

I'm really on the fence about buying a few. I love good blanks but $ will be tight for a bit.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
This picture shows row 1 Green Poison:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

This layout is almost exactly what I wanted.

What happened to them?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter

Yep

I'm really on the fence about buying a few. I love good blanks but $ will be tight for a bit.
I managed to snatch gmk purple mod from geekeys awhile ago, and seeing that purple blanks go well with the mod.  Not sure how many I need to get the perfect layout

Offline rausse

• HHKB addict

(Attachment Link)

What happened to them?

Hey Rowdy,

I'm guessing that you have to use the row 1 (and row 4) keys from the first sale.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73100.0

I've got one of each I'd be happy to trade.  PM me if you're interested. :)

Offline martinyeah

(Attachment Link)

What happened to them?

The green poison R4 and R1 were the last blank key sale, this time we only have R3 and R2.

Offline martinyeah

Question for Martin... The Topre shift/caps lock is only R2? Or can we specify for a R1 shift as well?

The shift/Caps lack isR2 row, it can fet HHKB and realforce.

Offline martinyeah

Man. I would love some of those MX keys for my WASD cluster. Bummer.

I'm planning next blank key sale will have MX WASD keys :)

This time the Cherry keys is the same like Signature Plastics DCS profile.

Actually which profile I should say Cherry profile or DCS profile, can make people more clear? :confused:

This...

Thank you for your explanation, this question give me a hard time to explain.

Offline martinyeah

Does anyone know how closely the topre match whatever is on an HHKB? I know they're shown on a realforce, but I've got my first HHKB coming in, and wanted to get stripes down the middle.

More Topre blank keys photos will be updated :)

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter

More Topre blank keys photos will be updated :)

Awesome, super pumped!!!
"we didn't choose the furt life, the furt life chose us"

Offline agong8664

Another question.

You said that "Round 2 Cherry Profile is like DCS profile", and you previous said in Round 1 sale that it is "OEM profile".
Are there any changes between Round 2 and Round 1? Since DCS has a different shape.

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
Any chances you get to make red Topre tab next round? Would love some more clean red Topre in my life!
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline martinyeah

Another question.

You said that "Round 2 Cherry Profile is like DCS profile", and you previous said in Round 1 sale that it is "OEM profile".
Are there any changes between Round 2 and Round 1? Since DCS has a different shape.

Actually OEM profile and DCS profile they look like the same the only difference is their height, OEM is little bit taller.

Due to many people told me that they like Cherry profile ,so this time I made Cherry profile.

Any chances you get to make red Topre tab next round? Would love some more clean red Topre in my life!

Next time I will make more red color blank keys  ;)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Due to many people told me that they like Cherry profile ,so this time I made Cherry profile.

Good! I have a few of your other caps but, because I have Cherry caps now, the heights are all mismatched. Can't wait to get these new blanks!

Offline agong8664

Sorry still didn't get it.

I would like to know if there are difference between Round 2 "cherry profile(DCS like)" and Round 1 keycaps.
Did the mold change?

I have your Round 1 caps and fits perfectly with my keycaps, I want to make sure this time comes the same.

Thanks!!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

I would like to know if there are difference between Round 2 "cherry profile(DCS like)" and Round 1 keycaps.
Did the mold change?

I have your Round 1 caps and fits perfectly with my keycaps, I want to make sure this time comes the same.

Thanks!!

Round 1 is OEM, which is slightly taller than Cherry.

Offline martinyeah

Did the mold change?

Thanks!!

Round 1 is OEM profile, actually Razer , Corsair, Ducky...all these are using OEM profile.

Did you buy any keyset from Signature Plastics most of them are using DCS Cherry profile.

OEM and Cherry their sharp are almost the same, the only different is OEM is slightly taller than Cherry.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 January 2016, 10:58:47 by martinyeah »

Offline agong8664

Did the mold change?

Thanks!!

Round 1 is OEM profile, actually Razer , Corsair, Ducky...all these are using OEM profile.

Did you buy any keyset from Signature Plastics most of them are using DCS Cherry profile.

OEM and Cherry their sharp are almost the same, the only different is OEM is slightly taller than Cherry.

Yes I have some DCS keycaps. Now I got it. Thanks.

Offline moonk5

I ordered some of your awesome Topre keycaps.
Now, I need to buy a Topre keyboard  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
I ordered some of your awesome Topre keycaps.
Now, I need to buy a Topre keyboard  :p

Yes :D

Offline martinyeah

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
How close is the purple color to gmk purple?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
When will the pre-order from be open until?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline martinyeah

Here you go  :)

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow! Thank you for the very high quality pictures.

Did you mean for your color choices to match gmk so closely?

Now I have to buy some of these!

It's all your fault, martin. ;)

Offline martinyeah

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Lol  :cool:

Offline martinyeah

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure that was intentional.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Arghhhhh
Okok you got my money martin

Offline tangkims

Hi Martin,

Not sure if it's been asked or if I've missed something but...Will you be doing 2 tone topre for larger keys other than capslock like Enter, Shift, Backspace?

I'm gonna be picking up some other stuff just wanted to make sure I include everything before I order.