Author Topic: [GB] GMK Cobalt - GB closed  (Read 24404 times)

Offline fatboycarney

[GB] GMK Cobalt - GB closed
« on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 00:15:44 »
GMK Cobalt

LandCaps x Cobalt Live soon!!

Latrialum x Cobalt

Thanks to r00dy and jr2417 from Artemis Design Studios for the fantastic render on the Paragon

Join the Group Buy between March 1st and March 31st

Expected shipping timeframe is estimated to be Q1 2022

Kit Pricing

Buy Cobalt

Colour inspiration
More

This glass is coloured using Cobalt and that pop that you get in the glass is what I wanted to capture in the blue of the set

A perfect match for the blue another intense colour, that is also the colour of a Cobalt based compound

Cobalt in its pure form tends to be a silvery colour but not to light, and in this case RAL 7001 Silver grey worked perfectly

Kits

Cancelled
Blue Glass Cobalt Base - Covers 60 percent up to Full size and includes full Alice and HHKB support

Pure Cobalt Base - Covers 60 percent up to Full size and includes full Alice and HHKB support

Scholars

Scholars Defined

#1 - Cobalt element from periodic table with Atomic number and atomic weight
#2 - Corrin Ring the core of vitamin B12 (however there is a mistake in one of the rings that will be fixed)
#3 - microorganism- Cobalt 60 is widely used for sterilization of medical  equipment using gamma irradiation
#4 - Alchemy symbol for Cobalt
#5 - Cobalt is used in Lithium Ion batteries
#6 - Vitamin B12 - Cobalt found at the center of the vitamin B12
#7 - Kobold - the mythical goblin that gave Cobalt was named after as when smelted it gave off poisonous fumes
#8 - Vase - Glass or Pottery was coloured using Cobalt
#9 - Cow - Ruminants are the only animal capable of synthesizing vitamin B12
#10 - Bohr diagram of Cobalt showing electrons orbiting the nucleus

Extension - Its minimal to keep pricing down - Really wanted to offer this so please get it to MOQ!!!

Accent Spaces

Renders
Thanks to Kingk22 for the fantastic renders
Evolv by NathanAlphaMan

TGR Alice by yuktsi

F2-84 by Geon - **Kits have been updated to include Print and Scroll instead of PrtSc and Scroll Lock**

Salvun

Keyboard - yes you read that right
SMKeyboards is on board with Cobalt to offer a custom keyboard inspired by the Cobalt colours, and will include the option for the Cobalt Element engraved in the bottom. We will run a limited to 10 spots raffle at the end of the group buy for base kit buyers of GMK Cobalt
The colour of the board is very difficult to photograph but it is blue (some pics make it look more purple)
Colour example

Custom example

Cables

Deskmat

900 mm x 400 mm x 4 mm

Blowout US pricing at Mechs & Co.  $15

Artisans

Confirmed collaborators

Thanks to you all!! Your vision really adds so much to the set, it wouldnt be the same without you!

Thanks
More
First my wonderful wife for the idea out of nowhere on what Element to run with next, colour design and all her support
OCM for getting these novelties done before his well deserved break
Kingk22 for the amazing renders, putting up with my changes after a lot of hard work, and being so easy to work with
Manzel for the additional scene renders, so clean!
Artemis Design Studios - Designers of Paragon, for the renders and all the hype!
Konstantin for his kitting knowledge, willingness to share, and being a joy to work with
Roche for always being there to bounce stuff off and geing a great friend
Keebstuff for his prowess in Kabelmanufaktur, and just jumping in on the Discord talking cables with anyone
Spacecables, for attention to detail and perfection and wanting to make a perfect compliment to the set
Helen aka nibbler for the insane deskmat and learning an entirely new program just to create it
Everyone in the discord, instagram and all the artisan community who have supported me from Copper and continue to do so, you are all are amazing
Socials

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 April 2021, 10:26:54 by fatboycarney »

Offline Roche

Re: [GB] GMK Cobalt - Day 1 Base kit buyers Salvun cap Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 10:38:37 »
Man, these pics are beautiful.  I can't wait to see what all the artisan vendors are going to do with this set!

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 12:51:21 »
That one line in blue font is not readable on black background

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 13:18:14 »
That one line in blue font is not readable on black background
Thanks for pointing it out, fixed

Offline CoolMike

• Mechs & Co.
    • Mechs & Co.

Offline fatboycarney

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 03:15:09 »
In! :thumb:

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 03:50:01 »
Good luck!!  ;D

Offline Auracity

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 08:32:23 »
Day 1 Base kit buyers - 1 entry per person - 1 Free Salvun given away per contintental region

Is that legal?

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 09:21:02 »
Day 1 Base kit buyers - 1 entry per person - 1 Free Salvun given away per contintental region

Is that legal?

why wouldn't it lol.
the gb runner can give away as much free stuff as he wants.

Offline Auracity

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 09:43:19 »

Is that legal?

why wouldn't it lol.

There are laws regarding sweepstakes regarding entry method and whether or not purchases or entry fees are required. Many other keycap group buys have had to cancel similar "giveaways" for being illegal.

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 14:21:16 »

Good luck!!  ;D

Is that legal?

why wouldn't it lol.

There are laws regarding sweepstakes regarding entry method and whether or not purchases or entry fees are required. Many other keycap group buys have had to cancel similar "giveaways" for being illegal.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I was not aware of it. Giveaways have been a successful way to give back to those who support GB sets and its unfortunate if that cannot continue but we want to follow all the required laws and regulations
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 March 2021, 21:15:44 by fatboycarney »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 15:10:50 »

Is that legal?

why wouldn't it lol.

Thanks for brining this to our attention, I was not aware of it. Giveaways have been a successful way to give back to those who support GB sets and its unfortunate if that cannot continue but we want to follow all the required laws and regulations

I'm pretty sure giveaways are fine, but making people pay for an entry is considered a raffle at that point, and that's illegal. If you do a giveaway where you don't need to buy or pay anything to enter it is legal everywhere.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Re: [GB] GMK Cobalt - Live on all Vendors
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 15:53:45 »
Can you still do weighted entries? Anyone can enter the giveaway, but names w valid invoice numbers get...lots more entries? Some artisans do something similar.

GREATLY appreciated the kolkrabba raffle for GMK copper being tied to the base kit, by the way

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 20:11:40 »

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure giveaways are fine, but making people pay for an entry is considered a raffle at that point, and that's illegal. If you do a giveaway where you don't need to buy or pay anything to enter it is legal everywhere.
[/quote]
Thanks Tyson for the info

Can you still do weighted entries? Anyone can enter the giveaway, but names w valid invoice numbers get...lots more entries? Some artisans do something similar.

GREATLY appreciated the kolkrabba raffle for GMK copper being tied to the base kit, by the way
We are not sure exactly on that, and at this point we committed to the day one buyers so we will fulfill on that promise. However to make up for our mistake, we are working on another bigger giveaway that will be open to the entire community. No purchase necessary, stay tuned for that here and other social locations of interest. 

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 21:16:27 »
Thanks the support is so appreciated!!

Good luck!!  ;D

Thank you very much

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 00:15:40 »
I wanted to share the first 2 artisan collabs

The first being a relatively new artisan maker but wow I actually received this cap today and it really is amazing. The detail is fantastic, and its super cute, my wife quickly swiped it. Also this cap fits the Cobalt theme as a match to the cow novelty, so if you ever thought you might want to build out a blue cow board, here is your chance!
From Taurus Trades https://www.instagram.com/taurus_trades/

The second caps are from long time FBC collaborator Navacaps https://www.instagram.com/navacaps/, this will be my 3rd collab with Navacaps and if you havent seen one of these caps in person you need to get in this raffle they are fantastic!

Follow both makers on Instagram for updates around raffle timing. I will do my best to post here as well.

Offline nkd_oh

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 00:48:49 »
Would someone explain what other layouts the extension kit would be useful for? Or is it just for 40%??
|KN2.10²|E8.5|M65-B|

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 10:22:49 »
Would someone explain what other layouts the extension kit would be useful for? Or is it just for 40%??

I am hoping that someone more knowledgeable/experienced with the smaller board layouts than I, will help out with this answer, some of these caps I believe will cover some ortho layouts. If you dont see an answer I can track one down and post here again

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 10:24:21 »
The Navacaps raffle is live, to join go Navacaps x Cobalt Raffle LIVE

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [GB] GMK Cobalt - Ultimate Cobalt Giveaway No Purchase Necessary
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 19:24:30 »
Had something to post here but cant recall what, hmmm must not have been important, Good Luck!!!

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [GB] GMK Cobalt
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 20:52:44 »
Hey all I am excited to announce this amazing wrist rest work of art to sit in front of your keyboard brought to you by FNCTL.CO

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [GB] GMK Cobalt - Blue Glass base kit cancelled
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 10:58:43 »
Hi folks, this is a difficult message to write, but I will cut to the chase, the Blue Glass Cobalt Base kit has been cancelled due to poor sales.

I want to take a second and thank the vendors/proxies, this is such a group of amazing people that I cannot thank them enough. The dedication to the set has been unwavering and their support so helpful. So thanks Mike, Jae, Yuliia, Jerrold, Sternn, Stew, Alex, Louis, you are all amazing people.

I have to take the blame on this one as I severely overestimated this sets ability to carry 2 base kits.  And likely did damage to the grey kit by carrying the 2nd kit.  I apologize to those who supported the blue kit and I am sorry we cant make it happen, you will be hearing from your vendors about your options. If you are still interested in the set it would be amazing and so appreciated if you took a look at the Pure Cobalt Base.

If you were on the fence on the set overall and are interested and dont need to wait, now is the time to jump as all kits need some love, however the vendors/proxies and myself are extremely committed to pushing the set to MOQ.

Thank you for your time and again my apologies to everyone

Offline break

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 11:07:28 »
Hi folks, this is a difficult message to write, but I will cut to the chase, the Blue Glass Cobalt Base kit has been cancelled due to poor sales.

I want to take a second and thank the vendors/proxies, this is such a group of amazing people that I cannot thank them enough. The dedication to the set has been unwavering and their support so helpful. So thanks Mike, Jae, Yuliia, Jerrold, Sternn, Stew, Alex, Louis, you are all amazing people.

I have to take the blame on this one as I severely overestimated this sets ability to carry 2 base kits.  And likely did damage to the grey kit by carrying the 2nd kit.  I apologize to those who supported the blue kit and I am sorry we cant make it happen, you will be hearing from your vendors about your options. If you are still interested in the set it would be amazing and so appreciated if you took a look at the Pure Cobalt Base.

If you were on the fence on the set overall and are interested and dont need to wait, now is the time to jump as all kits need some love, however the vendors/proxies and myself are extremely committed to pushing the set to MOQ.

Ugh, FBC I'm so sorry to hear this. Best of luck with the rest of the kits!

Offline asciisii

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 14:35:00 »

Aw that's unfortunate, the blue glass kit was unique but I imagine striker r2 being run concurrently might be a contributor. Best of luck with the rest of the GB and the other kits!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 23:47:48 »

Ugh, FBC I'm so sorry to hear this. Best of luck with the rest of the kits!
Thanks so much, appreciate all your support, now the push for the remaining kits begins, everyone might get sick of me, but we arent quitting on this set!!

Aw that's unfortunate, the blue glass kit was unique but I imagine striker r2 being run concurrently might be a contributor. Best of luck with the rest of the GB and the other kits!

Thank you so much, you could be right for sure

Offline nkd_oh

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 00:42:05 »

What a bummer ;(

How about 2 extra smaller kits...all blue alphas and all blue numbers??? Man I really wanted that kit.
|KN2.10²|E8.5|M65-B|

Offline phatmasterq

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 07:33:05 »
defs a bummer - i loved both so much and reallyyy struggled over which to get. i'd have gotten both but... budget etc. for what it's worth, the blue is stunning and originally and... bummer.

anyway, fingers super crossed the rest hits MOQ cuz, i'm pretty hyped about this project.

Offline break

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 11:11:47 »

What a bummer ;(

How about 2 extra smaller kits...all blue alphas and all blue numbers??? Man I really wanted that kit.

I don't think you'll see any kitting changes to Cobalt R1 at this point.

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 15:55:49 »

What a bummer ;(

Yeah unfortunately not something thats possible now, thanks for the support and my apologies for having to cut the kit, I really wanted it to!

defs a bummer - i loved both so much and reallyyy struggled over which to get. i'd have gotten both but... budget etc. for what it's worth, the blue is stunning and originally and... bummer.

anyway, fingers super crossed the rest hits MOQ cuz, i'm pretty hyped about this project.

Thank you we are pushing hard, and thank you so much for your support!

I don't think you'll see any kitting changes to Cobalt R1 at this point.
Exactly correct, at this point we are focused on the kits that are in GB.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 March 2021, 20:13:54 by fatboycarney »

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 20:18:24 »
Taurus Trades raffle is live

These caps really are great, I already have one of the Blue Cobalt Cowcaps and they look even better in person, I love that I was able to not only support a new artisan maker in this GB but one that is local to me, lets make this the biggest Taurus Trades raffle yet!!  :thumb:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 18:11:44 »

Offline break

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 23:26:21 »
Show Image

Whoa, Blue Glass died so that Pure Cobalt could live. Amazing stuff here Carney!!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 00:00:48 »
Show Image

Thanks so much dvorcol, as always the charts you produce are amazing, a staple on Geekhack we shouldn't take for granted, Thank You!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 23:24:14 »
Show Image

Whoa, Blue Glass died so that Pure Cobalt could live. Amazing stuff here Carney!!

Thanks man! It really did, sadly but necessarily, thanks everyone for the support on the remaining kits, lots of time left, but dont wait to long!!  :thumb:

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 22:00:35 »
Check out the new Latrialum x GMK Cobalt collab, and lots more to come! Stay tuned, lots of time left to get in on Cobalt but dont let it slip away!!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 10:38:25 »
New collabs at top of OP, one is for a small window today, dont miss out!!!  :thumb:

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 14:19:35 »
Is the Cobalt x Salvun Co2 keycap made of metal?

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 14:32:24 »
yes indeed Aluminum (or Aluminium)  with cerakote

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 07:01:14 »
okay, thanks!

Offline Nuap

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 21:34:23 »
yes indeed Aluminum (or Aluminium)  with cerakote

The Salvun website says brass, but I chatted with Fatboycarney and it seems like this might just be a mistake on the website. Hopefully Salvun updates the website and renders soon.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 March 2021, 00:29:46 by Nuap »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 12:51:25 »
Planning on snagging this set as it would look amazing on my NK65ee Watermelon. .

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 13:32:20 »
Planning on snagging this set as it would look amazing on my NK65ee Watermelon. .

Amazing thank you for the support,  :thumb: you have until the 31st to get in.

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [GB] GMK Cobalt - KeyCravings Cobalt giveaway
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 13:33:55 »
You can get to the KeyCravings Giveaway on their Instagram here https://www.instagram.com/p/CM5DWvqn3hS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Offline HOBI3CAT

• FraktalKaps.com
    • Fraktal Kaps Website
Re: [GB] GMK Cobalt - KeyCravings Cobalt giveaway
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 16:21:55 »
Fraktal Kaps x GMK Cobalt sale is now open (for 24 hours!)

Sale Page: https://fraktalkaps.com/cobalt

Enter directly here: https://forms.gle/eDreGihgqaza1ndp9
Eat, Sleep, Resin, Repeat.

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [GB] GMK Cobalt - Destroyer Caps sale begins within the hour
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 23:34:07 »
Destroyer Caps x FBC raffle sale coming within the hour, details in the OP

I will post with sales link when sale is live!!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 02:41:01 »

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 20:19:50 »
Thanks dvorcol for the amazing graphs as always!!  :thumb:

Well folks MOQ on base kit has been made so thanks to everyone for your support, still need some work on the novelties/spaces and a long ways on the extension but lets show those kits some love and show the vendors you want those all made!!!

This weekend has been a whirlwind of collabs so hope those interested were able to get in.

One last one to round out the weekend is live now and its for the Sodie Caps Spacejam and Crescent caps

You can join on the Sodie Caps website!!

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [GB] GMK Cobalt - Sodie Caps live
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 14:10:54 »
The first stage of the Artkey collab opens today/tonight, see Artkeys website linked in OP for details

Only 36 hours or so remain. Dont wait to much longer!!! And thanks for everyone who supported the set it is greatly appreciated!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Cobalt - Artkey today/tonight
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 23:15:41 »
Final with extras