Author Topic: Clock timer  (Read 1907 times)

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
Clock timer
« on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:07:06 »
Is there an option in the code on these forums to make the clock at the top, an active clock? Meaning, counting seconds, etc?

Would be nice to have for auctions, and such - knowing the exact forum time in real time without having to page refresh is helpful.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Re: Clock timer
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:11:11 »
Is there an option in the code on these forums to make the clock at the top, an active clock? Meaning, counting seconds, etc?

Would be nice to have for auctions, and such - knowing the exact forum time in real time without having to page refresh is helpful.

Or just stop having auctions -_-

However a forum clock would still be nice
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 10:36:01 »
Got to love auctions!

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 09:20:18 »

I have two screens attached to my work PC, and UltraMonTaskbar on the second one, so that I can find taskbar buttons on the same monitor as the window.

I've switched off the XP clock, and placed a True Launch Bar taskband on the end of the second taskbar with the TLB clock plugin in it (plus the moon phase and a big screenshot button). This means that the clock is always at the top-right regardless of whether I'm at home (one display) or work (two). It also means that, at work at least, I can have a useful clock with large bold digits and the complete date on a two-row taskbar (XP requires a three-row taskbar for a more complete date readout). I don't display the seconds though – if I really need to watch those, I have my wrist watch.

It's sad that you expect this forum to replicate the functionality of the OS because the computer won't let you see seconds (Macs will, for example).
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner