Author Topic: .  (Read 69691 times)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: CC RWB Sale
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:28:47 »
I promise you now, if I get what I'm aiming for, it will be all mine for all time.

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:28:53 »
I guess no fellow asians are interested in the mochi white. Always has to be about the skulls ... ALWAYS! I hope the mochi white looks fluffy ... and powdery.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:29:18 »
HEY I'm interested in the mochi white.
I love Elzy

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:29:28 »
Calling bull**** right now on all the folks saying they'll give away their clacks if they get in on the sale.
Nope. I will 100% give dubs a julysicle if I get one. I can guarantee it. I'm not interested in any of the clacks for sale anyway, so I'd only end up trading them.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:29:47 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 October 2014, 11:23:26 by esoomenona »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:29:56 »
Calling bull**** right now on all the folks saying they'll give away their clacks if they get in on the sale.

I agree with you, but sometimes we can be pleasantly surprised.

I guess no fellow asians are interested in the mochi white. Always has to be about the skulls ... ALWAYS! I hope the mochi white looks fluffy ... and powdery.

I'm white and I'd be interested if it weren't for the fact that I want a skull for the Esc.

Nope. I will 100% give dubs a julysicle if I get one. I can guarantee it. I'm not interested in any of the clacks for sale anyway, so I'd only end up trading them.

You I believe, but I think they were referencing those who say they'd give one away free if they get the Skullsicle and the like.

Offline UniClown

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:32:31 »

Slushie colors?

and what is mochi white?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:32:32 »

Top LAD right here
the julysicle is the only clack i like  ....and i do love it..

Offline Glissant

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:38:05 »
can I has all the clackz?

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:38:14 »
If I get what I'm aiming for in this sale, I'll give one million doll hairs to charity! 

Crap, that works much better when spoken.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 22:39:39 »
Top LAD right here
the julysicle is the only clack i like  ....and i do love it..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 23:54:46 »
been trying for over a year to get one, but to no avail. It's disheartening having to wake up at 5am in the morning and have everything sold out within 30 seconds.

How does 4grabs work?

I don't see any emails to place orders currently

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 00:03:21 »
How does 4grabs work?

There's not even that many pages in this thread to read...

How does a CC sell go? Pure chaos?
CC makes a certain amount of each cap he is selling in any particular sale he is having(usually themed eg. Octoberfest, 4:20 etc. in this case Red White Blue). Sometimes it's very few of one kind and sometimes its more but it's never enough for everyone since clacks are arguably the most popular caps around. Clack will generally announce a sale beforehand and provide a product list (as he's doing now in his 4grabs thread) and sometimes he will post photos. Eventually he will give you an exact time of when the sale will start and shortly before sale time he will release an email address to send your desired order to. He receives a ton of emails all at once when the sale goes up. At this point it's first come first serve. You were either quick enough or you weren't. If you receive an invoice via email it's your lucky day. If not, better luck next time.  That's the main way he sells them.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 00:08:35 »
AHHA! I love my julysicle! :eek:

Just hoping it issnt too late in the night (aka unearthly hours of the morning) for SG peeps!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 00:16:31 »

double post, someone wanna take care of that please?
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 July 2013, 00:29:18 by noisyturtle »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 00:19:32 »

well if you get the julyskull or blue slush maybe you can think of you're 'ol pal noisyturtle and he'll do you something flavorful in the future :cool:

been trying for over a year to get one, but to no avail. It's disheartening having to wake up at 5am in the morning and have everything sold out within 30 seconds.

don't worry man, I haven't gotten anything from a 4grabs in.... let's see... oh never in the past 2 years.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:08:00 »
22nd July is in, like, 7 hours from now in this part of the world.

What's the chances that this sale will be at 3am on Tuesday or something.

Either that or I'll be at work with deadlines looming and likely get shot if I spend all day camping on his thread :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:10:35 »
I am praying he moves it to a later date, monday is literally the worst time for me  :(

if need be, i will pull nonstop all nighters for more julysicle love

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:12:23 »
I am praying he moves it to a later date, monday is literally the worst time for me  :(

if need be, i will pull nonstop all nighters for more julysicle love

You are my competitior! :))

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:18:52 »

hey, i can't compete! It's my one time to shine and i won't be able to!  :confused:

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:23:47 »

hey, i can't compete! It's my one time to shine and i won't be able to!  :confused:

My time is bad as well......... I'm guessing 3 am? or maybe 4am....... :'( :'(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:24:13 »
Just buy yourself a Ducky, Dubs, then you can Shine every day!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:25:49 »
Just buy yourself a Ducky, Dubs, then you can Shine every day!

You can Shine 2! :p

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:26:29 »
who can stay awake the longest??? it's 3:30 am where i am right now  :p

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:27:24 »

I stayed till 2.45am yesterday.  :cool:

I stayed up for clack sale the previous time till like 4.....and I went to sleep LOL

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:29:02 »

No point in staying up if he gives you a time the deal starts. Just sleep until then ._.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:29:22 »
right now i'm just up with my cousins lol playing xbox and stuff
the timing is going to come out horribly for the actual sale..praying he moves it

the only clack sale that i participated in that was remotely 'late' was at like 10 pm and it was a surprise sale...that one worked out perfectly

No point in staying up if he gives you a time the deal starts. Just sleep until then ._.

not staying up now for this sale, it's supposed to happen monday.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:30:06 »
It's 3:30am where I am too. I'll be up till 7am. Nightshift.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 02:48:53 »
Have to say, given how precious sales have gone... I don't see any point in entering. Especially as some of them are new and don't have any pics. I'll just wait till afterward and see if I care all that much.

Trying to email someone in a sale that sells out in less than a second seems like a pointless endeavour given that so many people last time emailed before it even went live and got in, while others didn't...

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:06:08 »
Have to say, given how precious sales have gone... I don't see any point in entering. Especially as some of them are new and don't have any pics. I'll just wait till afterward and see if I care all that much.

Trying to email someone in a sale that sells out in less than a second seems like a pointless endeavour given that so many people last time emailed before it even went live and got in, while others didn't...

Just keep trying. I also thought I did not have a chance and got lucky after a couple of tries. Also, I do not think the "winning strategy" is to e-mail a few seconds in advance. Or at the very least, it is not a necessity to try and cheat the system this way, since I got in legit.  Click Clack has also stated that e-mails that got in early did not count, though it did not disqualify someone either.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:17:05 »
Yeah but because of where I live the sale goes live really late at night and I have to work, and given that I've never been close to getting in (as it sells out in literally less than a second) and with a large portion of people selling them even before they have them, seems to make more sense to just wait.

I already have the one clack I want anyway tbf

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:28:50 »
I feel your pain. I am in Holland, so times can be inconvenient. Though the last couple of flash sales were held at a time both most of Europe and the US were awake, and these 4grab sales have an announced selling time, so I can anticipate them. All in all I still feel I have a shot. I can tell you do want to get in the sale. If you can stay up or the time is not too inconvenient, I say give it a shot. Who knows. And if you do not get in there is always next time. Good luck in this one man :) Hopefully this time you get lucky too.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:30:29 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:34:23 »
The last couple (F2 excepted) have been around 9am Melbourne time on a Saturday. which has been very convenient.

But I have a baaad feeling about this one.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:44:18 »

You are the epitome of a Grumpy Brit :))
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:46:27 »
For once I agree with baldgye. He should just stay out of the sale ;)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:46:34 »
Have to say even though I have email reminders up for all of clacks threads I never got any notification of the flash sales that happened and only heard about them randomly after the fact lol

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:48:41 »

You are the epitome of a Grumpy Brit :))

Just being honest, seems better to be honest about it now than cry about how unfair it all is after it's happened lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 03:54:56 »
I'll try to enter, although the timing on this one might be bad.

I entered two before.  Nothing in the first one, but I got my first ever Clack, a HO Toast in the second one, so I am not complaining.

Completely missed out on the F2 sales though.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 04:09:45 »
By not trying, you only guarantee that you won't get in. Just type up an email with your preferences in advance (use the 4grabs thread to see how, it's always the same format) and keep the 4grabs page open in a separate window. Set an alarm 5 mins before sale time and go to bed. Wake up, refresh your 4grabs page, enter the email he gives you and click send when the countdown hits zero. You could be back in bed sleeping in 5 minutes. Most likely your email will look like this:

Subject: RWB "GH NAME"

Body: list what items you want in order of preference using the corresponding letter or number in the 4grabs thread.

Easy as that. Good luck everyone!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 04:33:47 »
I mean do what you have/want to do, I'm just pointing out that the odds are horrible and the time they have gone up in the past have only really caused me inconvenience.
So many threads have gone up following past sales about how unfair it all is etc etc... I'm not really saying anything mean spirited....

Though the email I got due to this thread was a bit strange, but Gil made up for it by still being salty ^^

Offline Quora

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 05:43:49 »
My friend just told me that the sale is coming. Can't wait!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 07:04:56 »
If you get one, with this being your first post, I will become more grumpy that bald guy.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 07:15:08 »
Hey man dont be grumpy it's all fair game ;)

(I'm not grumpy though)

Offline llovro

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 07:29:41 »

How does 4grabs work?

Within 30 secs? Thats optimistic. In 420 sale everything was sold in first 5 seconds.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 07:40:29 »

How does 4grabs work?

Within 30 secs? Thats optimistic. In 420 sale everything was sold in first 5 seconds.
And you'd think people had better things to do on 420
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Ultratude

• Ultratude's Blog
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 08:26:22 »

How does 4grabs work?

And you'd think people had better things to do on 420

I can't believe that. TAT

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 08:54:42 »

How does 4grabs work?

That statement just sounds very sad

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 08:56:06 »
5 sounds like an understatement. I seem to recall one of the HO sales was 3 LOL :))

Clack sales is like the landgrab in Monopoly games LOL

Offline Ultratude

• Ultratude's Blog
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 08:58:10 »
5 sounds like an understatement. I seem to recall one of the HO sales was 3 LOL :))

Clack sales is like the landgrab in Monopoly games LOL

This makes me sad......

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 09:02:05 »

Call it what you like, but I've done it before and I'll do it again. Spreading Clack love is fun.
Looking for CC's!