Author Topic: Just another "Hello from Germany"  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Nover

Just another "Hello from Germany"
« on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 15:16:41 »
Moin Moin,

name is Jens, lurked quite a while before signing up. And took me some more time to drop my first lines. But here's my "hello" to anyone who wants one. Thank you guys for keeping me entertained and for all the information to be found here.

Tschö!  :)
SSK, Ducky YOTD

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Just another "Hello from Germany"
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 15:35:35 »
Hello and welcome to Geekhack! What is your keyboard of choice!?

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 15:54:57 »
Velkommen! God dag! (I don't know any danish beyond that, sorry!)  :))

Offline Nover

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 15:56:59 »
Thank you for the welcome!
Hard to name just one, but right now I'm using a KPT-84 as I enjoy the switch quite a lot. That is for typing. For gaming, I use a Qpad with reds. Got so used to the layout that it got difficult to switch to a more customizable board. Got an old Marquardt in the mail today, and I intend to give that one some proper testing since the initial feel was quite good and I really dig its look.

Well, I think you got the same amount of Danish covered as myself, Mogo. And thank you! ;D
SSK, Ducky YOTD

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 16:52:23 »
Moin,

and welcome to geekhack!

(Grüße aus Hessen)

Offline Nover

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 17:23:50 »
Danke auch Dir, Snoopy. And that's one sweet collection you got there!
SSK, Ducky YOTD

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 04:57:32 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Another German!  Don't tell me you're going to buy a Poker :p

I'm trying to catch up on the new members, and nearly every new member is either from Germany or has a Poker II :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ