Author Topic: Newbie from Seattle  (Read 1006 times)

Offline cypherzion751

Newbie from Seattle
« on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 05:22:21 »
Hey Everyone,

I've been into computers and gaming for as long as I can remember.  When the original Starcraft came out is when I really got hooked.  I never really cared about what my keyboard was, until I got my Ducky Shine 2 a few years ago.  It has remained unchanged since I bought it but that won't be for much longer.  Hoping to pick up a braided cable, a grey ducky shine key cap set when I can find one, and an aluminum body for it if I can find one.  This site is bad for me but I'll stick around for a while.  I've only been lurking for a week and now I have my sights set on a 60% keyboard to mix it up.  Possibly a Poker II if I can find one.  See you around the forum.

Offline billnye

• ability man
Re: Newbie from Seattle
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 06:17:31 »
Welcome to geekhack!

If you're looking for a cool keyset for your Ducky, check the group buy subforum. There are lots of cool keysets that I'm sure you would like. As for cables, users pexon and Zeal make really nice cables. They have websites where you can make a custom cable as well.

I hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 07:39:31 »
Welcome!

Try not to blow everything you got here cause right after a wicked group buy or something will show up lol
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 05:29:34 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Finding the gray Ducky Shine keycaps might be difficult.  I seem to recall someone else was looking for them recently without success.  But set that as a low priority goal, keep your eyes open, and a set might turn up eventually.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cypherzion751

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 03:25:22 »
Well one can hope hahaha, keeping an eye on mechanicalkeyboards.com.  Shot them an email to see if they know when they will be getting more in stock.  Picking up a poker 2 on massdrop in the meantime.  Might also be keeping an eye out for another full size shine 2 with white backlight.