Author Topic: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - 100% Shipped - Cleaning up  (Read 304598 times)

Offline karankshah

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - PCBs delayed due to CNY
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 07:33:27 »
Any chance you are planning to put together a KLE preset or something for it?

It will come flashed with a standard layout (standard 1.25/1.25/1.25/6.25/1/1/1 bottom row), akin to other 65% boards with the f row under the top number row, arrows under wasd, etc... I'll see if I  can find the layout.

Got it - if we're planning on customizing that out further (i.e., going with 3x1.25/6.25/2x1.5 bottom row) and then switching the numpad over to a full macropad, how would we set that up?

I assume that we would need to do a custom KLE and then generate a TMK firmware?Would there be more steps involved?

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 22:49:10 »
Any chance you are planning to put together a KLE preset or something for it?

It will come flashed with a standard layout (standard 1.25/1.25/1.25/6.25/1/1/1 bottom row), akin to other 65% boards with the f row under the top number row, arrows under wasd, etc... I'll see if I  can find the layout.

Got it - if we're planning on customizing that out further (i.e., going with 3x1.25/6.25/2x1.5 bottom row) and then switching the numpad over to a full macropad, how would we set that up?

I assume that we would need to do a custom KLE and then generate a TMK firmware?Would there be more steps involved?

Yeah, that's about it. You create a KLE layout and compile it using TKG. You can then either flash it to the board directly from tkg using the chrome utility which you basically just install onto your browser, or if you want to flash it manually, you can do that too.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #152 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 23:09:31 »
Alright, sorry to leave everyone hanging on the updates, but I've been pretty busy with things these last few weeks.

Production for the PCBs are finishing up and they should be at the consolidation warehouse with everything else in the next few days. I'm still waiting for final package sizes from the warehouse so I can shop around for shipping quotes. My goal is to get all the packages picked up by a company from the warehouse sometime before next Friday. The earlier the better in this case. All the other items (cases, plates, small parts) are all there and waiting to ship. I've now gotten a pretty concrete timeline for everything now and have it at the bottom for those that want an idea of when they'll get their boards. Again, if anyone has any questions or concerns, certainly shoot me a PM or email and I'll try my best to get everything sorted out.

March 2 - Restart of PCB assembly
March 9 - Completion of PCB assembly
March 16 - Completion of consolidation and bulk packing
Late March (TBD) - Receive, sort and QC bulk shipment
Late March / Early April (TBD) - Pack and ship to customers
Mid / Late April (TBD) - Finish orders requiring assembly

I've also ordered and received all the packaging needed for the GB. It's taking up a ton of space in the garage. There are something like 300 boxes and 1000 feet of bubble wrap in that picture. As soon as everything arrives, I'll be ready to ship.

Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 08:36:14 »
So regarding LEDs, is brightness actually controllable via TMK or is it just an "LEDs are either installed or not" type of deal?

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 08:59:47 »
Alright, sorry to leave everyone hanging on the updates, but I've been pretty busy with things these last few weeks.

Production for the PCBs are finishing up and they should be at the consolidation warehouse with everything else in the next few days. I'm still waiting for final package sizes from the warehouse so I can shop around for shipping quotes. My goal is to get all the packages picked up by a company from the warehouse sometime before next Friday. The earlier the better in this case. All the other items (cases, plates, small parts) are all there and waiting to ship. I've now gotten a pretty concrete timeline for everything now and have it at the bottom for those that want an idea of when they'll get their boards. Again, if anyone has any questions or concerns, certainly shoot me a PM or email and I'll try my best to get everything sorted out.

March 2 - Restart of PCB assembly
March 9 - Completion of PCB assembly
March 16 - Completion of consolidation and bulk packing
Late March (TBD) - Receive, sort and QC bulk shipment
Late March / Early April (TBD) - Pack and ship to customers
Mid / Late April (TBD) - Finish orders requiring assembly

I've also ordered and received all the packaging needed for the GB. It's taking up a ton of space in the garage. There are something like 300 boxes and 1000 feet of bubble wrap in that picture. As soon as everything arrives, I'll be ready to ship.

Show Image

Hell yeah!
GBs from us will be shipped within 1 - 2 days of arrival from factory.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 19:23:16 »
So regarding LEDs, is brightness actually controllable via TMK or is it just an "LEDs are either installed or not" type of deal?

As far as backlighting is concerned for each individual LED, TMK cycles through a number of preset modes. There is static low/med/high brightness in those preset modes. As for the underglow LEDs, you can set brightness and determine how you would like them to cycle.

switchplate.co

Offline MC_kb

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 09:47:16 »
Awesome ! Thank you so much for the thorough updates  ;D
Can't wait to receive it.

Hell yeah!
GBs from us will be shipped within 1 - 2 days of arrival from factory.

Sweet !
How long can we expect the shipping to be (for western EU) ?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 21:35:31 »
Just a small update here, nothing new, but everything has been packed up and QC'd at at the office in CN (It's monday in Beijing). I'm hoping I can get shipping sorted out asap and everything shipped to the US this week.

Also, alu cases...

switchplate.co

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 14:35:20 »
Nice bikes man!

Offline hoangvu95

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 14:39:05 »
hmm so do the bent plate support switch top opening ?? So that can prepare and break-in/lube the switches b4 hand or not

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 15:39:23 »
Any word at all if extras will be available in the US?

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 18:05:42 »
Just a small update here, nothing new, but everything has been packed up and QC'd at at the office in CN (It's monday in Beijing). I'm hoping I can get shipping sorted out asap and everything shipped to the US this week.

Also, alu cases...

They look beautiful!!

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 18:50:48 »
hmm so do the bent plate support switch top opening ?? So that can prepare and break-in/lube the switches b4 hand or not

Yeah, plates do support switch top opening

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 18:51:51 »
Any word at all if extras will be available in the US?

Yeah, there will be some extras. Fill out the form below and I'll get back to you once I sort and ship all GB orders.

https://goo.gl/forms/zFdTVwHD8Pjqf1rp2

switchplate.co

Offline PRkeys

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 13:09:40 »
Great progress! So excited for this build!

Offline forumusername

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:52:04 »
Soon

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 02:49:01 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 April 2018, 23:09:19 by Vadurr »

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 03:45:05 »
Just wanted to give everyone a little bit of an update, but the checking at the consolidation warehouse was just finished later than expected and will be shipped to me on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. It'll be around 6 days from Beijing to San Francisco and I'll need a day or two to double check the bulk order, but I should be able to start shipping right after that since everything else (stabs, switches, etc...) have already been sorted and bagged ahead of time.

switchplate.co

Offline flyingalbatross1

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - Bulk Shipment in Transit
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 07:52:18 »
Just wanted to give everyone a little bit of an update, but the checking at the consolidation warehouse was just finished later than expected and will be shipped to me on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. It'll be around 6 days from Beijing to San Francisco and I'll need a day or two to double check the bulk order, but I should be able to start shipping right after that since everything else (stabs, switches, etc...) have already been sorted and bagged ahead of time.
Awesome.

Is the EU proxy going to you first or straight to the proxy from the factory?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Offline karankshah

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 15:00:47 »
I think I ordered Cherry Browns with this, but I've decided against them (I ordered Kailh Box Burnt Oranges for this which weren't an option on the site). Is there a way for me to pull those out of the order?

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 19:15:50 »
Man, I can't wait to see how these turned out. =)

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 14:15:45 »
Awesome.

The EU order will go from the factory directly to Candykeys and get shipped out from there.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 14:25:11 »
I think I ordered Cherry Browns with this, but I've decided against them (I ordered Kailh Box Burnt Oranges for this which weren't an option on the site). Is there a way for me to pull those out of the order?

Shoot me an email at contact@switchplate.co and I'll get you sorted out

switchplate.co

Offline hoangvu95

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 17:21:12 »
so has the bulk shipment arrive yet ?? if yes how is the QC progress going ?? everything is ok ??

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #174 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 04:12:58 »
so has the bulk shipment arrive yet ?? if yes how is the QC progress going ?? everything is ok ??

There's been a minor delay with shipping paperwork on the vendor side of things. The package is with DHL, but I'll write an update once I know exactly where the situation stands.

switchplate.co

Offline floristfran

• I Wanted a foam bath and i got a slimy eel bath
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 17:25:12 »
I'd like to give up my spot if anyone is interested in a stainless case/ stainless plate/ pcb package.

would be down to do this

Offline bearwolfz

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 02:26:16 »
I have a question, i didn't order with switches since i have a bunch at home and wasn't sure at the time what i wanted. But now i was gonna order some more and just wanted to doublecheck if the pcb supports 5 pin switches or if i should order 3 pins? I guess 3 pin i safe but i had some extra 5pin at home.

I ordered a bent plate setup, gonna wire it for iso if that has any relavance to pinlayout options.

So excited for this :)

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 21:45:06 »
I have a question, i didn't order with switches since i have a bunch at home and wasn't sure at the time what i wanted. But now i was gonna order some more and just wanted to doublecheck if the pcb supports 5 pin switches or if i should order 3 pins? I guess 3 pin i safe but i had some extra 5pin at home.

I ordered a bent plate setup, gonna wire it for iso if that has any relavance to pinlayout options.

So excited for this :)

Yeah, the PCB does support PCB mount (5 pin) switches and ISO so you should be good to go.

switchplate.co

Offline hoangvu95

« Reply #178 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 15:10:09 »
any new update ??

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #179 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 17:15:42 »
Aye getting amped up!

Would love some updates =)

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #180 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 20:58:37 »
https://switchplate.co/blogs/news/southpaw-gb-update-six

Basically waiting on a customs agent to fill out some paperwork at the moment. I should've gotten this sorted beforehand so this one is mostly my fault. Customs agent was done through DHL so I'll call them first thing in the morning tomorrow (Monday) to see if I can speed them up.

switchplate.co

Offline bearwolfz

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 04:06:00 »
Yeah, the PCB does support PCB mount (5 pin) switches and ISO so you should be good to go.

Thanks for the reply! Then i'm good to go :)

Offline hoangvu95

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 12:39:46 »
https://switchplate.co/blogs/news/southpaw-gb-update-six

Basically waiting on a customs agent to fill out some paperwork at the moment. I should've gotten this sorted beforehand so this one is mostly my fault. Customs agent was done through DHL so I'll call them first thing in the morning tomorrow (Monday) to see if I can speed them up.

thanks for the update, crossing finger that I can receive the kit before May

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #183 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 06:31:02 »
How'd the customs go?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 18:46:39 »
How'd the customs go?

Scrapped DHL. Bit the bullet and shipping via SF Express again. I can confidently say that it will go out today. 

switchplate.co

Offline kwerdenker

• thinkkwer.eu
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 11:19:41 »
How'd the customs go?
Scrapped DHL. Bit the bullet and shipping via SF Express again. I can confidently say that it will go out today.
Will the shipment to Candykeys go out at the same time or will we have to wait longer for the EU orders to get here?

Offline MC_kb

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 11:07:37 »
How'd the customs go?
Will the shipment to Candykeys go out at the same time or will we have to wait longer for the EU orders to get here?

The EU order will go from the factory directly to Candykeys and get shipped out from there.

;D

Offline kwerdenker

• thinkkwer.eu
« Reply #187 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 13:48:27 »
;D

My question was rather if this direct shipping will take place at the same time or if there are other factors delaying it. No idea if shipping to Germany needs different Custom forms for instance

Offline KorbenDallas

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 17:55:52 »
By chance are there any extra's of the Alps compatible plates? I came across some Alps switches and would love to incorporate them in this build.

Offline forumusername

« Reply #189 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 18:28:01 »
By chance are there any extra's of the Alps compatible plates? I came across some Alps switches and would love to incorporate them in this build.
check your pm

Offline Stagione

« Reply #190 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 23:11:18 »
Hi, I'm thinking I might not want my order anymore, so if anyone wants to take my order for the bent-steel kit let me know.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #191 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 23:22:24 »
Any word on the extras?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 18:21:30 »
Any word on the extras?

I'll email those who filled out the extras forms once everything has been QC'd to ensure that everyone who participated in the initial GB will receive a board.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 18:23:32 »
Well, my tracking for the bulk shipment just updated and it's in Korea at the moment. They'll be delivered to me next Friday and I should be able to start fulfilling the week after since I need to QC everything.

switchplate.co

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #194 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 08:37:27 »
really regret being broke when this ran last year. if this runs again im totally all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #195 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 08:43:45 »
Any word on the extras?

I'll email those who filled out the extras forms once everything has been QC'd to ensure that everyone who participated in the initial GB will receive a board.

Sweet, thanks!

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 12:31:09 »
Anyone asking about EU shipping, keyboards will be sent to customers over the course of Monday and Tuesday (Next coming week...) There was a slight delay as we have told some people! Nothing in our control, only some small shortages of things here and there! We wanted to make sure things are 100% complete. We are still getting Matias switches from other sources at the moment.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline reconsiderit

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - Recieving / Sorting / QC
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 00:47:01 »
I've received one of the nine boxes with some of the black and grey aluminum cases yesterday. The rest are to be delivered sometime this week. After doing QC, some of the cases have some very small, but noticeable blems (i.e. a dent on the edge the size of the tip of a fine pen). This has primarily been an issue with the grey cases. Some orders might be held for a little longer if it turns out there are more blemished cases than extras that I have allocated. I'm crossing my fingers that this doesn't happen because everyone has waited for long enough and this is just something that's out of my control. I'll be working directly with factories for the future group buys to make sure that this doesn't happen, and in the case that it does, it can be resolved overnight. As it goes, if you want something done correctly, you gotta do it yourself.

Issues aside, the cases that came out well and look damn amazing. Black anodization is spot on.

« Last Edit: Wed, 02 May 2018, 02:55:35 by reconsiderit »

switchplate.co

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 01:12:33 »
Amazing is an understatement, so jealous =)

Offline edj628

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 09:38:08 »
The black anodized case is superb. I can't remember the last time I was so excited to receive something in the mail. Well worth the excitement and anticipation. Thanks reconsiderit for the updates!