Author Topic: Reason to believe HP and/or Logitech might be considering mechanical boards  (Read 11041 times)

Offline Retox

Reason to believe HP and/or Logitech might be considering mechanical boards
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 09 November 2011, 22:08:08 »
I wouldn't buy a switch invented by logitech... cherry is tried and true. Also, I would invent a mechanical keyboard with microsoft branding myself if it meant that Filco's would be readily available in the United States. They aren't THAT hard to get right now, but they are a pain.
QFR with ergo clears

Offline Pretendo

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 09 November 2011, 22:22:19 »
Hmm...

This is strange news, considering that the desktop itself has been a decreasing fixture in the computing market.  The trend has been towards laptops, tablets and mobile devices.  What's their motive for pushing more expensive switches on the mass consumer market when everybody's just going to be tapping on glass or built in scissor switch boards?

Maybe they're anticipating that in a few years, only gamers and developers will still have desktop computers (ie- people that actually care about their keyboards.)
IBM Model F-122 6110347 -- September 13th, 1984
IBM Model M 1391404 -- April 14th, 1988
Rosewill RK-9000

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 09 November 2011, 22:42:07 »
Yeah, but even tho I have a laptop for work I have a docking station for it at both home and work with quality components attached.  I have a Filco 87key, Dell 2407's, and Logitech Trackman Wheel at both sites.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens