Author Topic: [IC] GMK Pride  (Read 32129 times)

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
Re: [IC] GMK Pride
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 15:18:27 »
I agree with most of what has been said by others already and I'm pleased that you're going to take it on board.

I would say that rather than approaching this with the thought of "I'll go to vendors and then see what I can do" think rather "I'm going to give profits from this set to charity, I'll approach vendors with that and negotiate around it".

I'm very much glad that you're going back over the novelties, because as been pointed out, having man/woman/other feels somewhat ternary and that's not a good thing as far as showing you're an ally who has looked into gender identity.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 17:44:20 »
I appreciate the sentiment, but this looks a little rough at this point. And OMIGOD, those colors. Been out and proud 30 yrs (before it was cool) and I gotta say those colors only look good on the flag (just). Jae ran a spectacular set a few months back here- https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106793.0, that used the pride colors, but as legends so as not to blind passersby. Not sure if you're locked into that design but maybe tone it down with pastels or color legends on white.
In any event, good luck! I am anxious to see how this pans out.

Offline Knocking

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 19:50:10 »
LGBT person here, I really like the idea behind the set, but the execution is a little eh. The novelties are a great idea and could easily be expanded to cover at bare minimum the Lesbian, Gay, Bi, and Trans flags for starters. And I don't think the white font looks good on the flag colors, but I'm not sure how to fix that 🤔

Offline Hugs94

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 20:14:50 »
This ain't it. not nice.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 20:15:05 »
well this is one of the worst things i've seen in nearly a decade in keyboards
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Owl

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 23:00:10 »
Well aside from the... awkward presentation of the inspiration behind the set, my biggest worry is how the color scheme limits the compatibility of the set. The colors already give it a disorganized look and if you tried to put the current kit on some smaller form factor layouts, the colors wouldn't line up right (anything with clusters or columns like 75%). And adding the extra colors would be redundant and add to the expense of the set. Horizontal sets just have this problem which is why they tend to be more hassle than they are worth. 

I am not going to suggest that you completely scrap the set. Keep working on it because you may find a solution to these problems. BUT... if I were someone that wanted to add Pride material to the community, another idea would be like a nice peripheral bundle. Pride deskmats, artisans with like an enamel pride flag, custom cables, some nice vinyl stickers. I think those would be an awesome accent that can coordinate with a lot of keebs, keycaps and desks. Especially since a lot of people have RGB lol. And those items have a lot higher profit margins so a greater amount can be donated to Pride organizations while leaving a little left for yourself for your time and effort. Something to think about.

Offline jamster

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 00:21:44 »
With anything that starts off on footing this wrong, it's better to just scrap the idea and start over with something that you have more familiarity with, and has less in the way of potential cultural landmines for the uninitiated.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 02:02:15 »
Man, this whole thing is uncanny as hell; it made me pull a really funny looking face at my monitor. You applied the pride flag to a keyboard set in the most unimaginative way possible, came up with the most half-assed and uncomfortable set of novelties I've ever seen, then put it up with the immediate thought of "talking to vendors".

The fact that the main set itself is unimaginative isn't necessarily the problem; it wouldn't surprise me if some people would actually like to own a set similar to the main kit. But in terms of a whole package, a "Pride" set, you're not in a position to do it justice. Step back from this and let people who belong to that community do it justice. They're gonna do it a lot more passionately than you have here.

Also, I'm glad you said that you've said that you intended to donate all profits to certain charities after someone else so kindly brought it up. I read your OP before you had any mention of it, and I was gonna call you some nasty words for that.

P.S., as a general comment: half-baked ideas are best left in the oven.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline jamster

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 02:26:45 »
Personally, I think we got trolled here. One week old account this was the third post and the first two were a single sentence or totally redacted. IC was so off base in so many ways, it reminded me of the Simpsons thread.

3500 views on this thread so far, whatever that means.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2020, 02:28:18 by jamster »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 02:39:56 »
Personally, I think we got trolled here. One week old account this was the third post and the first two were a single sentence or totally redacted. IC was so off base in so many ways, it reminded me of the Simpsons thread.

3500 views on this thread so far, whatever that means.
You could be right. I find it really hard to tell though; I think the same about a large % of ICs I see, and they always turn out to be serious.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 02:50:07 »
You could be right. I find it really hard to tell though; I think the same about a large % of ICs I see, and they always turn out to be serious.

See also April Fools when it's safest just to assume the sets will be made :P
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline danieljgrouse

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 02:53:50 »
I am not going to suggest that you completely scrap the set. Keep working on it because you may find a solution to these problems. BUT... if I were someone that wanted to add Pride material to the community, another idea would be like a nice peripheral bundle. Pride deskmats, artisans with like an enamel pride flag, custom cables, some nice vinyl stickers. I think those would be an awesome accent that can coordinate with a lot of keebs, keycaps and desks. Especially since a lot of people have RGB lol. And those items have a lot higher profit margins so a greater amount can be donated to Pride organizations while leaving a little left for yourself for your time and effort. Something to think about.

I would love deskmats in various pride flag colours so much. My wallet wouldn't because I'd feel the need to get at least five and I'm not sure how realistic a GB with that many options would be, but still absolutely something I need in my life.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 06:34:57 »
I think the intent to help is there. but, somehow got lost in the wording. creating a keycap set to bring awareness is a unique take on it.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 08:25:52 »
So, something like this ended up being controversial. Who would have guessed?

With anything that starts off on footing this wrong, it's better to just scrap the idea and start over with something that you have more familiarity with, and has less in the way of potential cultural landmines for the uninitiated.

Agreed ^

BTW, what was the original name?

Offline jamster

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 09:12:51 »
So, something like this ended up being controversial. Who would have guessed?

Agreed ^

BTW, what was the original name?

GMK Gender Equality.

I think the general idea behind topic was very well received, it was just the proposed execution and too many weird artefacts in the OP made it fall flat.

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2020, 09:17:08 by jamster »

Offline Blamby

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 17:18:36 »
Updated it a bit by people's requests, It is hard to make all the people like this set, but I will try my best to make everyone happy(which is hard to do)

Offline titanium

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 17:42:56 »
I highly suggest you take a look at how GMK Coral Relief was ran. The GB runner was very clear that his set was inspired by coral reefs and fully transparent on the amount he would gain and donate.

Your set is directly based off of the LBGTQ+ community so personally I feel that any donation less than 100% of profits (minus expenses such as working wage, of course) would be distasteful. But that's just me.

I think you are treading on dangerous waters and risk being seen as manipulating a sensitive topic to make money off of the way your thread is framed currently.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 20:42:32 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline aaronlau

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 22:20:21 »
I like this, definitely somewhat interested.

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 20:58:36 »
I have a soft spot for GMK sets connected to a good cause. The idea behind this set rocks and if there was a NorDe Kit, I would defo buy it. The runner should consider donating or even ask for permission in case the pride founders have reserved rights. Hope this materializes and if there is a donation component to this, I will strongly consider grabbing a deskmat.

Offline Blamby

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 16:25:34 »
After some thinking I have came to a conclusion that I won't do any novelties or Accent Kit related to this set because it don't fit. It's very hard to please everyone so I'll work with only on kit. Also I added a R3 1.75 Control after community feedback. Please share your thoughts regarding this
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 August 2020, 16:29:30 by Blamby »

Offline Blamby

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 07:01:03 »
Update:
Added some new and corrected renders

Offline piit79

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 14:36:11 »
Ffs. Why do some people always seem to assume the worst? "Cashgrab." Why would there necessarily need to be profit? It is possible to design/sell keysets without profit/at cost. "OP is not donating any money." Is money really the only way to support? Half of it will be swallowed anyway by some charity. Does raising awareness mean nothing?

I'm not saying the set was anywhere near well designed, there were many questionable aspects or plain bad choices and the OP should have consulted someone before starting the IC. But I would personally assume their intentions are good. And honestly, in this current state I quite like it - very colourful and fun. Comparisons to the messy ugliness of Handarbeit are way off.

Offline danieljgrouse

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 16:22:53 »
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume a set is being designed to not be sold at a loss unless stated otherwise (and marginalised people don't get the luxury of always assuming the best of people). Charities having running costs isn't really an argument against giving them money, especially since you can do research and choose ones with low overhead. Is money the only way to support? No! But I see people talking about awareness and I have to ask: Awareness of what? Is this set raising awareness of the current situation in Poland? The disproportionate homelessness and suicide rate among trans youth? The high rates of domestic abuse against bisexuals? The fact gay men aren't allowed to donate blood? I can see none of that in the set. Maybe it's awareness that queer people exist, which I'd like to think is generally the one issue we've got mostly covered by now?

Just because someone tries to be an ally and has good intentions, doesn't mean what they do is right or helpful or that their feelings matter more than actual queer opinions and that they should be shielded from criticism. There's been an ongoing discussion about pride merchandise in the queer community for years now and the broad consensus is that selling marginalised people merch capitalising on that marginalisation and the need to fight against it without actually providing any material support is bad. Most of the merch is aimed at queer people anyway, non-queer allies rarely deck themselves out in rainbows. So you're selling queer people a way to express solidarity to each other and a symbol of defiance towards marginalisation and oppression, which... is cool, but maybe money towards charities that actually help fight the results of that oppression would help more, especially when, again, it's mostly queer money paying for that rainbow merch.

With all of that said I do think that this set has managed to do something amazing and deserving of praise and something that all of the people going "But isn't showing support enough on its own?" in this thread kinda keep circling around but can't really express. What OP managed to do is start a discussion that made it clear that our community is a pretty welcoming and accepting space. And that's huge. Having an explicit acknowledgement that queer people won't get attacked, ridiculed, or ostracised in the same way that's sadly common many other places on the internet is really important and while somewhat awkward and misguided in many ways, the set and the thread connected to it manage to succeed at that and it means a lot. (But doesn't necessarily erase any of the previously stated concerns. Also to all of the allies here, you can do stuff like that even without selling products.)

And props to Blamby for being willing to listen and take all the criticism into consideration. I know it can feel really bad to have an idea torn down when all you want to do is help, but willingness to listen and prioritise the voices of the people you're an ally to over your own feelings is a sign of a good ally (and generally a good person). Also I really like the new renders, they make the set look great and I really hope it makes it into GB phase and is successful. The start might have been bit rocky but I think this set has managed to recover well and is turning into something most of us can be happy with.

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 20:43:02 »
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume a set is being designed to not be sold at a loss unless stated otherwise (and marginalised people don't get the luxury of always assuming the best of people). Charities having running costs isn't really an argument against giving them money, especially since you can do research and choose ones with low overhead. Is money the only way to support? No! But I see people talking about awareness and I have to ask: Awareness of what? Is this set raising awareness of the current situation in Poland? The disproportionate homelessness and suicide rate among trans youth? The high rates of domestic abuse against bisexuals? ....

And props to Blamby for being willing to listen and take all the criticism into consideration. I know it can feel really bad to have an idea torn down when all you want to do is help, but willingness to listen and prioritise the voices of the people you're an ally to over your own feelings is a sign of a good ally (and generally a good person). Also I really like the new renders, they make the set look great and I really hope it makes it into GB phase and is successful. The start might have been bit rocky but I think this set has managed to recover well and is turning into something most of us can be happy with.

I just want to say thank you for saying all this I wholeheartedly agree! I think this set is super pleasant in that it started a convo! Sometimes we forget that there are people behind the things we see online and that can lead to bullying and things. I'm glad that OP is willing to work with donations and vendors.

P.S. if it somehow incorporated the BIPOC rainbow flag / new pride flag I would love it more! Especially as a black trans woman, I know that's asking a lot though because that's so much added color but even if it was one novelty or something I think that's a great and already agreed upon good all inclusive representation.

As for "Out and Proud" that just feels antiquated and icky. I mean you can be both "out" and 'proud" but together it just sounds like a gay meme.
Honestly if it said "No U" i think you'd get a lot more love on this set XD. Maybe opening up a form for recommendations for phrases.
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline _senya

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 03:15:31 »
Man, I feel sorry for you. You came up with a design for a set which looks quite nice, expressed your support to some group of people you don't belong to and... got publicly shamed into promising to do things that you didn't intend to do initially. You are the author and there's nothing wrong with getting paid for the work you did. It's up to you whether to give some part of proceeds to some charity or not. That decision shouldn't be forced on you by entitled mob. Plenty of sets are capitalizing on some well known products, brands, names, etc. Some license it, most don't. Some decide to donate some part of the proceeds for some cause, most don't. Market will decide whether your set will see the light or not. You are giving the people who want to express themselves and make a statement through their keyset an opportunity to do it. The value of this proposition by itself is already good. If they want the set with no strings attached, they will buy it. If they want to make demands, blame and shame - well, they will kill a product that would have looked great on hundreds of keyboards of proud members of the community. The choice is theirs.

Offline peachie

• keycap enthusiast, dreams of designing
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 04:01:05 »
As an LGBTQ person (bisexual + nonbinary/trans) I actually like this a lot. The colors you chose look nice together, and I'm even more impressed now with the addition of the nice renders :>

Please, don't let the angry masses get you down or pressure you into **** you aren't comfortable or happy doing. You have just as much of a right to run this GB as any other designer does to their own designs, as long as you aren't totally ignorant or somehow bigoted in your handling of it as someone outside the community (which, from what I've seen, doesn't seem to be the case?)

I'll be keeping an eye on this IC for sure, though. Best of luck to you, OP, I'm rooting for this GB to succeed 🏳️‍🌈

Foxlab Key65       TMO50          MOJO60

Offline dlavelle94

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 05:31:43 »
https://prototypist.net/products/group-buy-gmk-midnight-rainbow-keyset
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102286.0

Was ran recently in regards to supporting pride in case you were not aware of the set, not sure if any of the profit for that set was donated though

Offline danieljgrouse

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 06:24:48 »
GMK Midnight Rainbow did not donate any proceeds afaik. But it was also a set that was inspired by Pride, but not necessarily meant to be specifically explicitly Pride themed or intended to raise awareness. It was just a rainbow set. Proving that you can make a rainbow set and nobody will complain. (And not everything rainbow is automatically queer.)

It's when you make a set that's supposed to support a certain group of people that members of that group might come out and say "Here's how you could support us better" which I think is... good? And characterising marginalised people having opinions about things that relate to their marginalisation and the fight against it as angry, mean, and ungrateful is not great if you belong to the same group, and really bad if you don't.

Which isn't to say you can't disagree with the position of all the queer people speaking here (providing you're queer yourself, if you're an ally this isn't an issue that affects you and your voice can be better used elsewhere). The argument is that queer people are marginalised by non-queer people, denied opportunities, more likely to suffer from mental health issues, be homeless, driven to substance abuse, be in financial trouble, or just be killed. Pride is a symbol of defiance in face of all of that. It's not our orientations or gender identities being inherently something to be proud of, it's being proud of them as an act of rebellion against the systems that tells us to be ashamed. And non-queer people looking at this, taking our stories, telling them in their voices and profiting off of them is less helpful than some might think, and this includes selling us stuff with rainbows on it so we can display solidarity to each other while non-queer people take the money.

The counterargument to all of this is - if you're gonna buy a GMK set someone's gonna take that money anyway and at least this one has a pretty rainbow on it. What some people call rainbow capitalism is no different than regular capitalism and getting angry about it as a special kind of issue is kinda silly. We should be glad it's deemed profitable to market to us, that wasn't the case not so long ago.

And I personally agree with the second position more than the first one, I'd rather Pepsi have rainbows on it then to pretend I don't deserve to exist. But if you want to produce something like a keycap set with the explicit intention of supporting the queer/LBGTQIA+ community, might just as well try to do so in the most effective way possible.

Either way I think we all agree that the set looks much better now (again, I really like the current version) and that leaving out the original novelties was a good call. I think OP should be compensated for their labour, but I also think that donating to charity would not only help us more than just selling us a thing, but would also mean way more as a gesture of inclusivity and could help drive awareness of actual queer issues (which ones depends on the charity chosen) much stronger than just a rainbow set. We've manufactured pieces of plastic to help fight the climate change, we've raised money for a breast cancer charity, for Elephant preservation, this community is no stranger doing stuff like this and it would be awesome if we could see this set the ranks of other cool charitable sets.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 06:19:31 »
https://prototypist.net/products/group-buy-gmk-midnight-rainbow-keyset
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102286.0

Was ran recently in regards to supporting pride in case you were not aware of the set, not sure if any of the profit for that set was donated though

It was heavily inspired by pride and supportive of the movement in general but not a set in support of pride financially. Note there were no designer royalties for midnight rainbow either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Blamby

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 08:18:57 »
Added a IC Form

Offline Blamby

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 04:37:38 »
Update:
Arranged and corrected the base kit

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 20:02:23 »

7.) ISO users please weigh in here: would you use this knowing the enter key won't align with the color rows? I feel like I couldn't live with that for similar reasons to my thoughts on the numpad, which leads me to say it should be cut, but I am an ANSI user so shouldn't speak on your behalf.

ISO user here (full disclosure: straight man).

If I were to use this set, the 2U-tall keys just can't be avoided — I'd ensure they all are consistent into "bleeding down" or, better, "bleeding up". Given the numpad has a purple Enter that bleeds into the blue row, and a green plus key that bleeds into the yellow row, I'd make the ISO Enter green instead of blue, to keep the styling consistent. That, or go with a white ISO Enter key.

(edit: typo)

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 20:08:03 »
Quick note: the kit, as it stands now, is missing the (green) R3 \| for proper ISO support (otherwise, there'd be a naked switch).

Also, it's not entirely clear to me that the red `~ key is necessary, given the one color per row design rule (orange Esc does need to remain).

Offline Blamby

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 08:37:56 »
Update:
Corrected the Base Kit by adding a missing keycap for ISO support, changed the color of the ISO enter and deleted the red `~ .

Offline Blamby

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 06:16:48 »
Quick note: the kit, as it stands now, is missing the (green) R3 \| for proper ISO support (otherwise, there'd be a naked switch).

Also, it's not entirely clear to me that the red `~ key is necessary, given the one color per row design rule (orange Esc does need to remain).
Thank you!

Offline Blamby

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 02:38:29 »
Update:
Reached out the vendors I want to colaborate with

Offline mangeHD

• Maybe slightly insane.
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 11:03:54 »
I would recommend changing the colors for red and purple as they are rather muted currently compared to the flag where they are brighter.

Reconsider the way you have written your inspiration section, i get the goal and it is a very nice goal but the issue is that the way you have written it is kinda red flagish.

Hope you take this into consideration!

Offline Blamby

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 13:20:16 »
UPDATE:
Showed the charity organizations and the amount donated

Offline danieljgrouse

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 13:23:36 »
Awesome, can't wait for the GB. I wish every IC and GB on GeekHack would come with updates this regular, thorough, and to the point.

Offline BOOMISHOTYOU

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 14:02:07 »
Hard pass.  Sexual preference doesn't need to make it's way into every corner of life and the things ppl are into.  You don't see much if any interest in key sets being made for whites, blacks, Hispanics, or variants such as trans or those ppl who identify as roosters or dandelions so I cannot see any need for this.  But if poster is to go down that road, there's already a lot of rainbow keysets out there so I suggest focusing on FG novelties lol....

Offline child

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 12:28:17 »
Same for me. At least in my country I don't see LGBT... "community" to be mistreated, but rather I see them spreading their dubious agenda everywhere, even where sexuality-related subjects don't make any sense (like keyboards).

And people already mentioned existing rainbow-themed sets, not sure if we need another one.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 13:43:53 »
Same for me. At least in my country I don't see LGBT... "community" to be mistreated, but rather I see them spreading their dubious agenda everywhere, even where sexuality-related subjects don't make any sense (like keyboards).

And people already mentioned existing rainbow-themed sets, not sure if we need another one.

Oh you don't see it, then it must not exist.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 14:05:56 »
Hard pass.  Sexual preference doesn't need to make it's way into every corner of life and the things ppl are into.  You don't see much if any interest in key sets being made for whites, blacks, Hispanics, or variants such as trans or those ppl who identify as roosters or dandelions so I cannot see any need for this.  But if poster is to go down that road, there's already a lot of rainbow keysets out there so I suggest focusing on FG novelties lol....

Link a rainbow GMK keyset that I can buy right now for $130 or however much GB's run at now, you won't 😩✊
This is why Dolch is ran so many times, it's not readily available as a new set 24/7.

IC responses may be negative but they should bring up a change to the item that may be helpful.
Although you both did that to an extent by helping us all know that you're both idiots.
BOOMISHOTYOU's comments don't need to make it into the corner of anyone's life and hopefully after this, no country in existence will have to see child's useless IC additions.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 17:29:42 »
even where sexuality-related subjects don't make any sense (like keyboards).

Skip over every double-d anime set too then while you are there.

Offline child

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 02:22:57 »
IC responses may be negative but they should bring up a change to the item that may be helpful.
Although you both did that to an extent by helping us all know that you're both idiots.
BOOMISHOTYOU's comments don't need to make it into the corner of anyone's life and hopefully after this, no country in existence will have to see child's useless IC additions.

That is exactly the kind of supportive and gentle response I'd expect from "mistreated" LGBT community.

Offline danieljgrouse

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 02:30:31 »

That is exactly the kind of supportive and gentle response I'd expect from "mistreated" LGBT community.
Because people who get mistreated and abused must always be nice and can’t be bitter towards trolls who could just go do other stuff than complain about people demanding human rights being shady agenda in threads clearly not aimed at them.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 17:24:33 »

Nowhere in my last comment did I mention anything about the LGBT community.
I did reference your use of it as to why no country in existence should have to see your useless IC additions though.

Your issue seems to be more with them than it is about there being too many rainbow keysets.
Still waiting for that link to purchase one of the many rainbow keysets you speak of 🧐

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline beigeandbrown

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 17:42:58 »

Nowhere in my last comment did I mention anything about the LGBT community.
I did reference your use of it as to why no country in existence should have to see your useless IC additions though.

Your issue seems to be more with them than it is about there being too many rainbow keysets.
Still waiting for that link to purchase one of the many rainbow keysets you speak of 🧐
Child is a fitting username eh?

Offline Sine Nomine

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 17:08:25 »
I really like the set. As an ISO user I would convert to ANSI (just for this board) to keep it cleaner (a reason why I'm not interested in novelties). With regards to people saying that you don't need rainbows on everything I'd like to point out that that's one reason I'd love it on my keyboard because it's not (at least in my case) going to be see in public.