Author Topic: [IC] KAT Raspberry  (Read 26967 times)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
[IC] KAT Raspberry
« on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 12:32:55 »

Whether you like it in jam, pies or eat them just like that, there is now a new way to enjoy your favorite fruit! Welcome to the IC for
IFK KAT Raspberry

>> Google Form for feedback <<

Let's get right into it, shall we? Here are the pantones we will be using for the keyset:

Kits
As per usual with (my) KAT sets; you'll find a bunch of kits for all your desired layouts - this time around, I will not be offering text modifiers as I tend to prefer icon modifiers and by the looks of it (number from my previous GBs) it looks like you guys do as well!

Alphas

More

ISO

International

Colevrak

Numpad

Modifiers

More

Accent

Mac

40s

Ortho

Ergo

Spacebar

Novelties

More

Collabs

The collab with Artkey has already happened and you can go here and here if you want to see the keys that were offered. I have a couple more things on the way, like a collab with Alphakeycaps and GSK! Stay tuned!

Rama will also be making a key for Raspberry - I previously reached out to them and they were going to produce 2 keys (Esc and Enter), but since they do not offer KAT Enter key, I'll work we'll only go for 1 (Esc) - let me know by filling the form if there is interest for a raspberry in accented colors as well :)

Vendors, GB dates and Pricing

More details soon - previous vendors might or might not be joining again after this switch to KAT, this will be updated once I get closer to the GB date. Speaking of which, there is not set GB date right now - I understand the frustration for those that have been following the project since I announced it, trust me, but I want it to be done well, so I'll wait and announce the GB date when everything is set and locked in :)

As for pricing, it will be announced once kits are finalized - as per usual, I will try and make them as low as possible :)

Old Renders gallery for reference [Infinikey/Cherry profile]

Bean by King (rendered by King)

BOOC by Senryo (rendered by King)

U80-A by RAMA (rendered by Manzel)

Aki-S 65% by Senryo (rendered by King)

Austin by Driftingbunnies (rendered by King)

To-Do

۞ Wait for KAT Samples

۞ More Renders

۞ Get feedback

۞ Lock vendors in and work on the best price I can get you guys

Want to get in touch with me?

Want to support the set - you can add this to your signature:

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109795.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/TYwiLSg.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 March 2021, 13:02:27 by JSaintS »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] Infinikey Raspberry
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 12:33:25 »
Updates:

[12/07/2020 -> 12/11/2020]
     File submitted to produce the prototype keyset

[01/20/2021]
     Got informed that prototype keyset was made and was on its way to me to check colors.

[02/14/2021]
     Tweaked some wrong legends;
     Added a couple of accent keys to the core kit.

[03/14/2021]
     New Manufacturer/Profile
     New Kits

Infinikey to KAT

I did not want to add that to the above text simply because some people won't care; for those that do, here is a bit of reading:

I did my DD and asked around before deciding to go with IFK for this keyset - I knew the community was divided about them but wanted to reach out to designers that previously ran with them. There were some pros and cons, but, from the designers point of view, things were rather positive. My main motivation was that I wanted a simpler keyset (less kits) produced faster (IFK turn around time was around 3-4 months back when I reached out to them, so that was rather fast).

After a bit of consideration, I decided to reach out to them to start the process and... the beginning wasn't pleasant, to say the least. I got accused of not reading through their material and not paying attention (their material was at fault). This almost made me reconsider IFK/TKC, because well if this is how I get treated for a "mistake" (which wasn't my fault, again, it was their material), how will it go down if I have something to say about any samples or if there are issues during the GB? I decided to stick to them because everybody's allowed a bad day and it might have just been that.

As I said during the IC, TKC wasn't available to run this keyset and they offered to let me run this via another US vendor; sure, why not. I submitted the files (TKC/IFK, if you read this, please it together, that file is a mess - I send a better version to you guys, not all issues are fixed, but it's a beginning) at the end of November to proceed with the prototype keyset. I had to ping them a couple of times but got informed that files were send for the prototype production early december and, around beginning of January I got informed production was almost done (it's long for a single set... but end of year and what not, ok) and that I would get an updated soon after that.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and nothing from them. Again, I reach out since they don't and I get informed that the keyset has been shipped to me. Weird since I did not get any notice of it shipping out and even weirder, I don't recall giving them my address, but I figure out I must have in one of the forms. A week or two after that, I reach out again because I am still waiting for a set and/or tracking info and I get told again "I'll check with the production team". Couple of days after I received the message I was dreading "Hey, can you give me your address for shipping?"

Long story short, 1.5 month after giving them my address, 2 months after getting told for the first time that the prototype had shipped, and after a bunch of message and attempt to contact them to see what was happening, I still don't have a keyset, I still don't have prices, and I have absolutely no idea when I will get them. GB was set to launch almost 2 months ago and I do not know if this is because TKC is not the main vendor or if it is because of something else, but I am done waiting and pinging them to get a generic answer. I have also been hearing more and more reports of users disappointed with IFK quality, with TKC's support (or lack thereof), and I've seen some really scary things about colors of GB sets which have had samples approved. I have thus decided to go back to what I wanted to do in the first place: go with KAT/Keyreative. I know they have had some issues in the past, but they have worked on their process and invested in new equipment to fix those. Yes, they are still late on delivering their sets, but I believe these delays will tend to disappear once their double-shot production kicks in.

Feel free to ask any question regarding this (or anything else) either via PM or publicly here :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 March 2021, 13:07:57 by JSaintS »

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 12:47:17 »
pretty

Offline moss+oak

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 15:44:52 »
Really like this kit :O

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 18:00:30 »
Congrats on making another awesome set  :-*

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 18:58:15 »
Really nice and fresh color combo :)

Offline 3wisemonkeyfist

• Blacvelvetpengun
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 22:23:06 »
So good

Offline ianmvs

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 22:26:12 »
Very nice, me like  :thumb:

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 02:00:50 »
glwgb
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 November 2020, 03:27:24 by Ulliam »

Offline Janoma

• certified nerd
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 09:43:57 »
Very clean, nice colors.

GLWIC

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 16:15:38 »
Hot take:
Alphas kit, matches the mods for mono look? Ain’t no designer gonna wanna add a kit when they’ve pared down to 3 but I’m taking my shot.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 21:39:04 »
Hi, will there be a Rama Keycap?  :))

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 06:42:35 »
Thank you all for the kind words :) I will go through the feedback I got in the google form tonight and update kits :)

Hi, will there be a Rama Keycap?  :))

It's in my ToDo list ;)

Offline cyim321

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 16:11:21 »
I really want these!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 16:19:17 »
I really want these!

It’s coming 🙌 prototype has been ordered and there will be 2 RAMA caps as well ❤️

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 10:22:32 »
Hey there!

Couple more renders while we wait for the prototype keyset to be done and for more info on the GB :)

Aki-S 65% by Senryo (rendered by King)

Austin by Driftingbunnies (rendered by King)

For those interested as well, here is a quick sneak peek at the Artkey bull that will be made for the collab (colors are being worked on; design will remain the same):
More

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 15:43:19 »
Quick update as we wait for the prototype keyset to get in - I wanted to say that I tweaked a little bit the legends and added a couple of keys to the core kit:

Some of you might have already seen it but even if the keyset is pushed back a little, artisans are sticking to their schedule, which is nice so you guys get to drool on the keys before you get the keyset in!

Artkey's raffle is happening today and on Saturday:

Good luck everyone and may RNG be on your side!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 18:27:05 »
Good evening/night everyone,

You'll be able to join the Artkey x IFK Raspberry Pt.2 raffle in a little under 2 hours, don't miss your chance for those two cutties:

Raffle will take place here :)

Offline pinguha

• I like keyboards and her.
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 21:48:02 »
Nice can't wait for this!

Offline Rx003

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 05:57:16 »
Colors combi is nice, glwic and wish you all the best for this project!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] KAT Raspberry
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 13:34:36 »
Hello everyone!

I hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend/Sunday!

I wanted to inform you that plans have changed: I am no longer going with Infinikey for this keyset and have decided to go with KAT instead. I have thus reworked the kits I will offer to offer the flexibility we all love with KAT keysets; if you want to give me your feedback, feel free to leave a comment here or in the form below:

For those interested in the reasons why I have decided to switch manufacturer, I have explained it in the second post of this thread.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 17:51:35 »
The R3 PgDn icon in the modifiers is supposed to be PgUp. You have a duplicated R3 and R4 PgDn.Nevermind

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 10:17:59 »
FYI: the Google form still refers to IFK Raspberry.

Hello everyone!

I wanted to inform you that plans have changed: I am no longer going with Infinikey for this keyset and have decided to go with KAT instead. I have thus reworked the kits I will offer to offer the flexibility we all love with KAT keysets; if you want to give me your feedback, feel free to leave a comment here or in the form below:

For those interested in the reasons why I have decided to switch manufacturer, I have explained it in the second post of this thread.

Show Image

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 10:26:22 »

Hello everyone!

Show Image

It shows like that for those that already opened the form in the past I think (cause it loads a cached version first). But it does say KAT Raspberry, I updated that before posting it, should be alright ^^

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 15:01:15 »

Hello everyone!

Show Image

It shows like that for those that already opened the form in the past I think (cause it loads a cached version first). But it does say KAT Raspberry, I updated that before posting it, should be alright ^^

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 15:03:26 »

Hello everyone!

Show Image

Ah... ahem... you saw nothing 🥷

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 20:55:56 »
thumbs up for KAT  :thumb:
and please go with dye sub
cant wait for GB !

Offline tarokeebs

• TMOv2r2 || Kikuichimonji
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 22:52:07 »
really looking forward to this set, any updates on it?

collection: tmov2 | kikuichimonji

Offline niakulah

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 09:23:19 »
Definitely interested in the alphas.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 02:45:27 »
really looking forward to this set, any updates on it?

Unfortunately, none for now (it's really killing me, I really really want to get this keyset in hand haha) - I sent a reminder for the samples, this is basically all we are waiting for (that and prices, but kits are final unless I made a big mistake and need to change something).

thumbs up for KAT  :thumb:
and please go with dye sub
cant wait for GB !

You and I! Hopefully samples get here soon and we can go forward with the GB :)