Author Topic: Hey, guys!  (Read 5616 times)

Offline CatNip :3

• bouncy bouncy
Hey, guys!
« on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 17:05:24 »
Hey guys, it's CatNip, a high school student from New Zealand. :) I've come from r/mechanicalkeyboards and I'm loving GeekHack at the moment.
I don't have a mechanical keyboard but I'm getting a Poker II in early December. I honestly can't wait.

Mechanical keyboards has become such an addictive hobby to research on and I already am starting to know way more than I need to. As I said, I don't even have a mechanical at the moment. ;~;

Geek Hack feels like home. :D

Offline BlackWidowMan777

Re: Hey, guys!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 19:40:54 »
Welcome to geekhack your new home! I'm from Oz not sure how many Kiwis are about but I've seen a few at least (mostly complaining about the shipping being even more expensive that for Oz).

Anyway, submerge yourself in the world of mechanical keyboards in all their glory like we all have. As a school student you're probably already looking for portable mechanical keyboards and there's many in the pipeline so just check out the various subforums on 60% keyboards and ask as many questions as you like.

Cheers!

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 23:26:22 »
Haha! Thanks man! I've been researching for almost a year now! Mechanical keyboards are so amazing.

Oh yes, I will be getting a 60% Poker II with white LEDs and a transparent acrylic case in mid-December so I definitely will post photos of it on Deskthorithy and r/mechanical keyboards (if you follow those sites). C:

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 23:36:36 »
I'm typing on a mashed potato keyboard, a vintage Apple membrane one. MECHANICAL BEFORE I GO INSANE. ;_______;

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 23:40:17 »
Thanks for the long response, though. Cheers. C:

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 00:03:00 »
Welcome to GH!

Maybe Santy Claus will bring you something this year.   Ask your parents to email Santa which keyboard you want.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 00:05:40 »
Throw out your wallet now. I've been around since early september and I've probably already got $400-500 for 3 keyboards and a handful of keycaps. into the hobby and that's not even a lot by these guys' standards.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 04:47:02 »
Throw out your wallet now. I've been around since early september and I've probably already got $400-500 for 3 keyboards and a handful of keycaps. into the hobby and that's not even a lot by these guys' standards.

^.^

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 01:01:34 »
Welcome to GH!

Maybe Santy Claus will bring you something this year.   Ask your parents to email Santa which keyboard you want.

Is Ripster Santa? ;)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 01:05:00 »
Welcome to GH!

Is Ripster Santa? ;)

no. far from it

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 02:21:48 »
more like the grinch  :))

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 02:29:51 »
Welcome! Poker II is the MX board id like to get one day soon!  :thumb: Cant decide white or black case though ;x

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:28:21 »
Welcome to GH!

Is Ripster Santa? ;)

no. far from it

:o

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:30:47 »

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 23:43:53 »
Welcome! Poker II is the MX board id like to get one day soon!  :thumb: Cant decide white or black case though ;x

I'm getting the one with a white case. :) if that helps at all

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 21:48:37 »
Welcome to GH!

Is Ripster Santa? ;)

lol.  no. 

Congrats on the white Poker II!  I didn't know they had white ones now. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 01:02:32 »

Good choice! I'm thinking about getting that and the gh60 keyset

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 02:12:57 »

Good choice! I'm thinking about getting that and the gh60 keyset

Get the white case and if you dont like it we can trade ;)
Very busy with studies atm.

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 05:42:40 »
YUS GOT MY POKER. Cherry MX Browns sound and feel so amazing. The fairly thin blank PBT caps that I got makes my white backlight look a bit warm, more yellow than the colder white on most keyboards. My LED changers don't really work. Will post on the "Post Your Poker" and on Reddit. :) Imigur is blocked so, yeah. :\ i hope to get premium open freedom soon. I'm starting to miss New Zealand. ;_;

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 06:16:21 »
YUS GOT MY POKER. Cherry MX Browns sound and feel so amazing. The fairly thin blank PBT caps that I got makes my white backlight look a bit warm, more yellow than the colder white on most keyboards. My LED changers don't really work. Will post on the "Post Your Poker" and on Reddit. :) Imigur is blocked so, yeah. :\ i hope to get premium open freedom soon. I'm starting to miss New Zealand. ;_;

Congratz man! Just attach the pics here man! What's this about missing New Zealand? You gone north looking for Santa?

So did you get the ISO layout not ANSI?
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 December 2013, 06:28:08 by BlackWidowMan777 »

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 18:49:41 »

Congratz man! Just attach the pics here man! What's this about missing New Zealand? You gone north looking for Santa?

Hey man! Yes, I got the ANSI over the ISO because I got way too used to ANSI. :) Oh yes, I'm in China for a holiday and ordered loads of parts for my Poker II. I'll attach some pictures when I get my transparent acrylic case. :D I'll definitely do a picture shoot of my keyboard today.

cheers bro

Offline osi

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 18:57:07 »
The poker II will be the next in my collection!

Welcome to geekhack

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 19:01:12 »
The poker II will be the next in my collection!

Welcome to geekhack

Thank you!

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 20:28:37 »

Hey man! Yes, I got the ANSI over the ISO because I got way too used to ANSI. :) Oh yes, I'm in China for a holiday and ordered loads of parts for my Poker II. I'll attach some pictures when I get my transparent acrylic case. :D I'll definitely do a picture shoot of my keyboard today.

cheers bro

But I've been looking all over for Poker 2 ANSI with backlight and can't find it even on the vortex main site. Where did you get it?

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 00:21:31 »

cheers bro

But I've been looking all over for Poker 2 ANSI with backlight and can't find it even on the vortex main site. Where did you get it?

Haha, I got mine on TaoBao and picked it up on vacation. :) The back lighting gets tiring fairly tiring especially with blank keys. I sometimes just keep it minimal and turn it off. Really digging the no printing. :)

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 00:23:45 »

cheers bro

Fairly sure it's a DIY mod because the lighting is a warm white, I think the official ones came with a colder light and there are marks on the white plate. :)

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 00:45:29 »
Woah, quite jelly about this actually. Might have to rob ya ;)

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 00:51:55 »
Woah, quite jelly about this actually. Might have to rob ya ;)

LOL. I'm getting unlimited VPN so I can post some photos on Imigur. Still waiting for that acrylic case and transparent keys. :\

hope im getting them soooooooooon

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 07:19:34 »
Just got my transparent keycaps for my WASD. They look stunning. Just waiting on that acrylic case and I'll be ready to share them photos! :D

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 08:48:05 »
got me acrylic case :3

Photo shooting is done. I just need to upload. :D Will do so tomorrow. :)

• bouncy bouncy
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 19:36:10 »
http://imgur.com/a/WL8BK

Here's some poor photography of my new Poker II! Enjoy. :3

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 19:43:43 »