Author Topic: Greetings from Norway!  (Read 3919 times)

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
Greetings from Norway!
« on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 16:21:01 »
Hello GeekHack!

I got my first mech half a year ago after LeandreN wouldn't stop insisting. Now I have a QFR-I and a custom 60% built by LeandreN himself! I can't wait to get more engaged in this community, and maybe even start selling some parts myself.

Cheers,
VikingKeyboards
QFR-I w/ Miami | Atlas KB w/ Quartz

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Greetings from Norway!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 03:55:36 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Which one was your first mech?

And what parts are you planning to sell?  Most people are planning their next purchase when they join :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 04:22:24 »
halp i made mistake
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 November 2015, 06:20:57 by VikingKeyboards »

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 04:40:11 »
delete pls send help
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 November 2015, 06:19:47 by VikingKeyboards »

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 04:47:26 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

And what parts are you planning to sell?  Most people are planning their next purchase when they join :p

My first mech was the QFR-I with Reds! But after being blessed with Zealios on my 60% I've started using it mainly for gaming.

I'm still debating what to sell. I know LeandreN have plates, stabs and PCBs mostly covered and I'm not interested in competing with him. :P

Anything you think people would be interested in?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 04:56:13 »
Welcome :D

Offline Bacon

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 05:08:31 »
Greetings!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 06:17:04 »
Welcome! Great to have more members especially vikings!

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 06:21:49 »
Welcome! Great to have more members especially vikings!

Thanks! Glad to be here! :D

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 06:55:22 »
Welcome :D

Guess you finally got me on here. Now stop messing around with me and tell me how to delete pls

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 07:48:19 »
Epzy is also from Norway.

He's lame as **** tho. I'd avoid him.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 09:19:55 »

I have a feeling there's a beef between you two?

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 11:23:36 »

You have much to learn, sir Viking.

Welcome to geekhack.

pls send halp.

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 11:25:41 »

You have much to learn, sir Viking.

Welcome to geekhack.

pls send halp.

Can't wait! :D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 12:37:33 »

Ex lover. Don't wanna talk about it ;-;

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 12:47:11 »

Shh bby is ok

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 12:50:52 »

Shh bby is ok

Okay there reddit

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 12:56:11 »

Shh bby is ok

Okay there reddit

That's where I spend most of my time, so getting used to this forum format is weird. Also how long do I have to do this stupid captcha every time I post!?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 12:57:53 »
20 posts I think. Or 25 not sure. It's really stupid. Some places posts don't count. Like here and off topic. We have dumb ass rules here.

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 13:01:08 »
20 posts I think. Or 25 not sure. It's really stupid. Some places posts don't count. Like here and off topic. We have dumb ass rules here.

Time to ****post

I mean, is there a place I can pictures of my KBs or something?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 13:11:01 »
Media section

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 03:41:59 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

My first mech was the QFR-I with Reds! But after being blessed with Zealios on my 60% I've started using it mainly for gaming.

I'm still debating what to sell. I know LeandreN have plates, stabs and PCBs mostly covered and I'm not interested in competing with him. :P

You could always start an interest check to see the response to what you have.  But I'd suggest browsing the forum a bit more first, make a few more posts, become a litlte more known on the forum.  People tend to be wary of members with not many posts who are selling things.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 03:46:24 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You could always start an interest check to see the response to what you have.  But I'd suggest browsing the forum a bit more first, make a few more posts, become a litlte more known on the forum.  People tend to be wary of members with not many posts who are selling things.

I realized that, that's why I made this account a while ago. Just forgot to use it. Now I can't wait to get more known with you all!

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 04:12:47 »
Welcome, nice to see another viking (norwegian). I am also quite new here.
TP4 fanboy

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 04:17:20 »
Welcome, nice to see another viking (norwegian). I am also quite new here.

Woo, glad to see some vikings around! When did you first start with mechs?

Offline Fiery

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 04:33:35 »
Well I got a QFR with Greens over a year ago, and then I wanted something different and got browns paired with their stealth version which I really like. so for over a year atleast, but more into them now though. I will be getting a White Pok3r with clears, in the nordic layout in the near future so im hoping that will be good. Havent tried a 60% before, but I dont need to have dedicated arrow keys or a numpad, and if I do i will easily manage with the different layers.
TP4 fanboy

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 04:39:55 »
Well I got a QFR with Greens over a year ago, and then I wanted something different and got browns paired with their stealth version which I really like. so for over a year atleast, but more into them now though. I will be getting a White Pok3r with clears, in the nordic layout in the near future so im hoping that will be good. Havent tried a 60% before, but I dont need to have dedicated arrow keys or a numpad, and if I do i will easily manage with the different layers.

Awesome! I was also slightly sceptical to the 60%, but you get used to it really quick! I just made my right WIN, FN, CTRL and SHIFT to dedicated arrow keys. Never use them anyway.

Where are you getting your Pok3r?

Offline Fiery

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 04:58:41 »

Awesome! I was also slightly sceptical to the 60%, but you get used to it really quick! I just made my right WIN, FN, CTRL and SHIFT to dedicated arrow keys. Never use them anyway.

I'm getting it HERE as they have a European warehouse and they have the nordic layout, although that wont really matter too much as im learning dvorak.
TP4 fanboy

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 05:18:22 »

I'm getting it HERE as they have a European warehouse and they have the nordic layout, although that wont really matter too much as im learning dvorak.

Oh, I know Corus-KB! They're supposed to be very reliable. Good luck dude, hope you'll dig it!

Offline Fiery

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 05:22:38 »

Oh, I know Corus-KB! They're supposed to be very reliable. Good luck dude, hope you'll dig it!

Yeah I checked them out and did find anything bad, they are a supplier of Vortex here in Europe apparently. And I hope ill dig it too! I will not stop using my QFR though ill just retire it to my Rpi 2 so it will be used on linux instead, atleast thats the plan. But who knows how much time ill have to use my Rpi, as I am busy with school and work.
TP4 fanboy

Offline VikingKeyboards

• Viking Keyboards
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 05:40:12 »

Yeah I checked them out and did find anything bad, they are a supplier of Vortex here in Europe apparently. And I hope ill dig it too! I will not stop using my QFR though ill just retire it to my Rpi 2 so it will be used on linux instead, atleast thats the plan. But who knows how much time ill have to use my Rpi, as I am busy with school and work.

Bring it to school/work. Problem solved!

Offline Fiery

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 06:06:18 »

Bring it to school/work. Problem solved!

I wanna do it but I think people might hate the sound lol, I bottom out quite hard on the light browns and I dont have any o rings atm. but I might get some and do it as I hate typing on my laptop. I realise you might have refered to bringing the RPi which would be cool when I think about it, but I would need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse along with power for it all, which is hard to get in a backpack with books. otherwise I might have done it. but yeah I will definetly have the QFR for my RPi and use it when I have time.
TP4 fanboy