Author Topic: [IC] GMK BLOOD Ninja (Name changed)  (Read 13550 times)

Offline Jr.Mars

[IC] GMK BLOOD Ninja (Name changed)
« on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:16:29 »
Hi geekhacker,
here to introduce my new keycaps set - GMK Blood Ninja

※ IC Form

If you have any feedback, please fill out this IC FORM.
It’s very important for me! Thank you so much!

※  Inspiration & Colorway

This keyset is inspired by Blood Moon Ninja in dark night.

RAL 260 20 20(Modifers) Dark Blue is inspired by dark night
RAL 040 40 67(Accents) Red is inspired by blood moon
RAL 260 30 05(Alpha caps) Dark grey is inspired by ninja’s clothes
RAL 000 70 00(Alpha legend) Light grey is inpired by ninja’s silver weapon

※  Kitting

※  Renders

Satisfaction75 by CannonKeys

TGR Jane V2 by Yuktsi

Spring by owlab

TGR 910 by Yuktsi

Deskmat

※  Collaboration

Salvun metal keycap

TBA

HIBI metal keycap

TBA

Keyboard collab

TBA

※  Contact

※  Vendors

USA - TBA
CA - TBA
CN - TBA
SEA - TBA
EU - TBA
UK - TBA
AU - TBA

※  To do List

1. More renders
2. More collab
3. Set GB date
4. Set vendors list

※  Signature

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=116072.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/uk022uG.jpg[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Mon, 24 January 2022, 20:08:20 by ElvisXSS »

Offline Jr.Mars

Re: [IC] GMK Blood Moon
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:17:55 »
Reserved.

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:36:24 »

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:43:27 »

Offline Botty212

[IC] GMK Blood Moon(Name is same as other set,will change tomorrow)
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:44:29 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112435.0

this exists
yeah totally see that they both are the same brownish red alphas and dark grey alphas are the same and it goes for the mods as well I totally see no difference between navy and burgundy. At this point you should call every blue set a copy of Hammerhead or every red set a copy of Jamon. You cant expect others to create new colours out of nowhere and make new colourways. This hobby isnt 2 months old there will be similar sets and if you dont like the set cause they look similar just dont support it. There is no need for a cringe meme

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:48:53 by Botty212 »

Offline Jr.Mars

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:48:35 »

this exists
Thanks for your feedback.
I don’t know this set before.
Will change the name tomorrow

Offline mymeepo

Re: [IC] GMK Blood Moon(Name is same as other set,will change tomorrow)
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:49:18 »
Nice colors and deskmat. Just change the name and you’re good. GLWIC

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:52:24 »

this exists

yep np lots of sets these days easy to miss

this exists
yeah totally see that they both are the same brownish red alphas and dark grey alphas are the same and it goes for the mods as well I totally see no difference between navy and burgundy. At this point you should call every blue set a copy of Hammerhead or every red set a copy of Jamon. You cant expect others to create new colours out of nowhere and make new colourways. This hobby isnt 2 months old there will be similar sets and if you dont like the set cause they look similar just dont support it. There is no need for a cringe meme

i am referring to the sets having the same name
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:54:25 by Bub »

Offline spikedsynapse

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:56:33 »
This is a good looking set. I will ping LP to weigh in on the name.

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 11:24:38 »

this exists
that escalated quickly

yep np lots of sets these days easy to miss

this exists

i am referring to the sets having the same name

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 12:43:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Your base kit is missing a required R4 1u End key.
The coverage in this kit is really good. However, if it ends up being on the expensive side, it might be a good idea to remove 2u Shift since this is a fairly uncommon key. It might also be a good idea to move some of the accent keys (e.g. arrows) to a different kit.

Consider adding a second Tab key to the hiragana kit. This will allow buyers to cover two whole boards if they buy base + hiragana.
I don't think including mod-colored variants of the pipe and tilde keys in the hiragana kit is particularly necessary.

The spacebars kit is missing a 1.25c space. This size is used in Alice-like layouts and standard split 6.25u space configurations. I suggest changing the second 1c key to 1.25c.
I recommend removing the off-centered 6c space variant as it's not particularly necessary and just takes up space in the kit.

Offline mymeepo

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 14:27:10 »
Why not just GMK Ninja?

Offline PixelPlays__

• God, this hobby is so expensive.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 15:58:14 »
A couple of things stand out to me.

1. There's a few typos in the IC, such as 'signiture' and 'collaberation' that should be checked on. I think having everything proofread is key to making what you are presenting look good - in the end, you are trying to advertise something to us.

2. The (currently presented) kitting. Is there a reason you're offering two alpha color 1.5u pipe keys instead of a mod pipe? Is this a render error?

Besides that, even if the overall idea behind the set isn't my cup of tea, I could see people liking this set. It just needs some more polish (and a rename). GLWIC!

« Last Edit: Mon, 24 January 2022, 16:18:05 by PixelPlays__ »

Offline EdwardsLau

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 15:58:48 »
This keycap set slays!!! Definitely a great match for a stealth keyboard! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline baka jiken

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 16:14:03 »
Looking good! :D

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
Re: [IC] GMK BLOOD Ninja (Name changed)
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 20:37:35 »

Finally a set using GMK reference as a reference

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 21:02:06 »
1. There's a few typos in the IC, such as 'signiture' and 'collaberation' that should be checked on. I think having everything proofread is key to making what you are presenting look good - in the end, you are trying to advertise something to us.

2. The (currently presented) kitting. Is there a reason you're offering two alpha color 1.5u pipe keys instead of a mod pipe? Is this a render error? Also (and I am not the person to comment on this, but from what I can tell) the ISO support seems pretty weak. Where is ~# and 3£, for example? As konstantin said, the 2u shift key is also fairly uncommon, maybe move that, ISO keys and a few others(?) to an ISO/extension kit to get the base kit price down? Also agree with the second tab in the hiragana kitting comment - for example, I bought enough of 6085 to fill out a TKL and a 60% by buying base, hiragana, and novelties.

1. is most likely a render error.
As for 2, R3 \|, R4 <> (aka. “terminal ISO”) is a pretty standard way of offering minimal yet usable and consistent ISO coverage in a keycap set. Offering full ISO-UK support in the base kit isn't worth it for most GMK sets due to UK users representing only a small fraction of the total userbase. It turns out that not very many people benefit from having those extra keys, so they're usually excluded from expensive base kits (such as GMK ones) in favor of minimal ISO support with only two alpha keys. See this doc for more details.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 January 2022, 21:09:07 by konstantin »

Offline Jr.Mars

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 12:23:17 »

2. The (currently presented) kitting. Is there a reason you're offering two alpha color 1.5u pipe keys instead of a mod pipe? Is this a render error? Also (and I am not the person to comment on this, but from what I can tell) the ISO support seems pretty weak. Where is ~# and 3£, for example? As konstantin said, the 2u shift key is also fairly uncommon, maybe move that, ISO keys and a few others(?) to an ISO/extension kit to get the base kit price down? Also agree with the second tab in the hiragana kitting comment - for example, I bought enough of 6085 to fill out a TKL and a 60% by buying base, hiragana, and novelties.

As for 2, R3 \|, R4 <> (aka. “terminal ISO”) is a pretty standard way of offering minimal yet consistent ISO coverage in a keycap set. Offering full ISO-UK support in the base kit isn't worth it for most GMK sets due to UK users representing only a small fraction of the total userbase. It turns out that not very many people benefit from having those extra keys, so they're usually excluded from expensive base kits (such as GMK ones) in favor of minimal ISO support with only two alpha keys. See this doc for more details.
ty for you feedback.will adjust some of these soon

Offline PixelPlays__

• God, this hobby is so expensive.
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 19:39:37 »

As for 2, R3 \|, R4 <> (aka. “terminal ISO”) is a pretty standard way of offering minimal yet consistent ISO coverage in a keycap set. Offering full ISO-UK support in the base kit isn't worth it for most GMK sets due to UK users representing only a small fraction of the total userbase. It turns out that not very many people benefit from having those extra keys, so they're usually excluded from expensive base kits (such as GMK ones) in favor of minimal ISO support with only two alpha keys. See this doc for more details.
ty for you feedback.will adjust some of these soon

I edited my post to remove my comment about ISO kitting because I realized it was terminal kitting. I'm sorry about my ISO kitting comment, since I don't really know much about it and I should have looked into it before commenting.

Offline BloremBipsum

• Yes, I am a Dumb Ass Boi
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 00:23:33 »
Heyya! I love this GLWIC :thumb:

Offline RelativeChance

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 21:03:26 »
I feel like this set is very similar to Bushido

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 21:28:54 »
I feel like this set is very similar to Bushido

As someone that's typing on Bushido right now, this is nothing like it.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 16:41:02 »
Has this evolved into PBTfans Blood Night? - https://kbdfans.com/collections/interest-checks/products/pbtfans-blood-night

Edit: looks like yes based on the IC Form banner:
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 January 2023, 17:39:32 by dvorcol »

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 29 April 2023, 05:03:06 »
Any updates??