Author Topic: hey Hey from Toronto, Canada  (Read 1623 times)

Offline JoshGelua

hey Hey from Toronto, Canada
« on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 22:50:12 »
Hey, I'm a recent keyboard fan that got serious into mech keys the minute I gave my Apple magic keyboard to my gf for work. It all started when I saw a YouTube sketch where Captain Sinbad parodies a scene from American Psycho:

Being a Software Developer it really stuck out how true some of the stereotypes were (w.r.t. Patagonia vests and Gucci glasses), especially when I was in university. And then I saw the HHKB keyboard they kept flashing in the video and I was like... What is that?! I want that!

As with most buys, I ordered all of my things last month and don't expect to get them until July, w/ the exception of the KAM Li'l Dragon PBT GB which I don't get until next year.

Here's what I have coming my way so far:
- Keychron K12 hot swappable w/ Gateron Reds
- Boba U4 62g tactile switches
- POM white blank key caps
- lube station, lube (205g0 and 3203), lube accessories, modding accessories
- everglide plate-mounted stabilizers
- KAM Li'l Dragon PBT GB w/ latin alphas and blank mods

And I have received none of them so far. I really love the form factor of 60% but honestly I think I may regret giving up dedicated arrow keys so 65% is possibly my next build.
I recently was shown some high-end stuff from RAMA and I am absolutely hooked. I can't wait to start on my next project and I haven't even started the first one!

I love silent switches, and as much as I like the sound of linear switches I already know immediately it won't be right for me. I've only ever used Mac keyboards and membranes and if I can achieve a more satisfying but familiar feeling while not being too loud that would be my end goal. My dream keyboard is one that would make a Software Developer Patrick Bateman want to murder me.