geekhack Marketplace > Clueboard

Clueboard 66% PCB - Pre-soldered Underlight Available!

<< < (61/62) > >>

Fictiouz:

--- Quote from: kokokoy on Fri, 30 September 2016, 06:41:16 ---Need help guys / skully. Had the board for ~3 months w/o issues but few weeks ago it started to act up. First noticed that suddenly the left win key and left alt key started to be on the other way around. Never messed around the firmware since I flash it. Ignored this then a week after its now completely a mess. Only 2 keys are registering correctly left shift and left arrow, can still flash and change the assignment for this two. But the rest of the keys its either not registering any, wrong keys being thrown or multiple key presses.

My soldering was a mess since this was my first, but it worked for months so don't know whats going on. Anyway here\s an image after flashing. Is there anything off here?

(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

Did you clean the residual flux from your joints? If you did not corrosion can occur on the PCB/Pads which can damage the connections in the long term. May not be right problem, but it was my first thought given the circumstances.

kokokoy:

--- Quote from: Fictiouz on Fri, 30 September 2016, 06:49:37 ---
--- Quote from: kokokoy on Fri, 30 September 2016, 06:41:16 ---Need help guys / skully. Had the board for ~3 months w/o issues but few weeks ago it started to act up. First noticed that suddenly the left win key and left alt key started to be on the other way around. Never messed around the firmware since I flash it. Ignored this then a week after its now completely a mess. Only 2 keys are registering correctly left shift and left arrow, can still flash and change the assignment for this two. But the rest of the keys its either not registering any, wrong keys being thrown or multiple key presses.

My soldering was a mess since this was my first, but it worked for months so don't know whats going on. Anyway here\s an image after flashing. Is there anything off here?

(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

Did you clean the residual flux from your joints? If you did not corrosion can occur on the PCB/Pads which can damage the connections in the long term. May not be right problem, but it was my first thought given the circumstances.

--- End quote ---

Thanks man. Was wondering what those are, saw it before and cleaned it a bit. Thought it was just me burning the pcb. Now noticed they're back (with a vengeance) and started reading around. Never knew it can damage it though. Damn.

Let me see cleaning it thoroughly will help now else it was a costly experience.

Zanduby:
Thanks Skully for going above and beyond to help me out tonight.

kokokoy:

--- Quote from: Zanduby on Fri, 30 September 2016, 21:55:53 ---i am completely lost at how to flash/program this keyboard. anyone have a more step by step guide? i have a .c file with my layout ready to go.

--- End quote ---

Here's the link https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware:

1. I just followed the installation guide "Windows (Vista and later)" section (if I recall it correctly)
2. Then download skully's flasher here https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware_flasher/releases/
3. Edit the keymap.c on the extracted qmk_firmware-master\keyboards\clueboard2\keymaps\default folder (downloaded from step 1)
4. Launch MHV shell and navigate to the clueboard2 folder of qmk_firmaware-master\keyboards\clueboard2
5. Just execute/type "Make" on MHV. I think you can pass parameters here to specifically choose what you are compiling or building but haven't tried it.
6. Once the build finish the .hex file would be deployed on the same default of your keymap.c.
7. Launch the flasher and upload your .hex on the board

Zanduby:

--- Quote from: kokokoy on Fri, 30 September 2016, 23:39:41 ---
--- Quote from: Zanduby on Fri, 30 September 2016, 21:55:53 ---i am completely lost at how to flash/program this keyboard. anyone have a more step by step guide? i have a .c file with my layout ready to go.

--- End quote ---

Here's the link https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware:

1. I just followed the installation guide "Windows (Vista and later)" section (if I recall it correctly)
2. Then download skully's flasher here https://github.com/jackhumbert/qmk_firmware_flasher/releases/
3. Edit the keymap.c on the extracted qmk_firmware-master\keyboards\clueboard2\keymaps\default folder (downloaded from step 1)
4. Launch MHV shell and navigate to the clueboard2 folder of qmk_firmaware-master\keyboards\clueboard2
5. Just execute/type "Make" on MHV. I think you can pass parameters here to specifically choose what you are compiling or building but haven't tried it.
6. Once the build finish the .hex file would be deployed on the same default of your keymap.c.
7. Launch the flasher and upload your .hex on the board

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply. I worked with Skully for about an hour tonight getting it all fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version