Author Topic: [GB] (COMPLETED!) Nantucket Selectric  (Read 450208 times)

Offline acme01

It's a shame we can't buy the European keys separately per country, I'd like the 2+" & 3+£ & ~+# keys, as I'd like a UK keyboard but can't justify spending so much for 3 keys!!
What Would Roy Merritt Do?

Offline Dernubenfrieken

19 more sets of specialty keys plsss

Its a $2 difference  :rolleyes:

Offline Jolikki

Deep dish for qwerty isn't included in the base set, right? I'm looking at the homing kit but it doesn't include F in the picture.
"I would stand in line for this" - Moby

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
It's a shame we can't buy the European keys separately per country, I'd like the 2+" & 3+£ & ~+# keys, as I'd like a UK keyboard but can't justify spending so much for 3 keys!!

PM me if you'd like to split the kit! I'll only use the Swedish keys, so this would make it much cheaper for us both! :)

Offline krisst

Deep dish for qwerty isn't included in the base set, right? I'm looking at the homing kit but it doesn't include F in the picture.

Deep dish keys are included in the homing kit. Look at the top row, left to right, 3rd and 4th key are suppose to be deep dish of F and J.

Offline Jolikki

Deep dish keys are included in the homing kit. Look at the top row, left to right, 3rd and 4th key are suppose to be deep dish of F and J.
Thank you. It seems to be different pictures.
"I would stand in line for this" - Moby

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard

Thank you. It seems to be different pictures.

That's strange, I fixed the image on the order form last week but it seems to have reverted. I've fixed it again so it shows F and J homing keys.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
I've finally made it through all 372 order records and have tabulated the current blank orders. Sorry it's taken so long but it was a bigger task than I envisioned. I had to write a script to help me keep track of everything.

BBIRDDWVYCF
1.25U R1 Blanks6002
1.25U R2 Blanks0000
1.25U R3 Blanks2000
1.25U R4 Blanks1611011
1.5U R1 Blanks8600
1.5U R2 Blanks0604
1.5U R3 Blanks0600
1.5U R4 Blanks2202
1.75U R3 Blanks3302
1.75U R4 Blanks9002
1U R1 Blanks2019223
1U R2 Blanks162015
1U R3 Blanks237222
1U R4 Blanks86710156220
2.25U R3 Blanks0403
2.25U R4 Blanks1201
2.75U R4 Blanks4313
2U R1 Blanks1401
2U R3 Blanks5395051
2U R4 Blanks3301
4U Spacebars2121
6.25U Spacebars631760
7U Spacebars1331512

There are quite a few orders that specified only quantity and not color. Those are not reflected in the numbers above. If you did not specify color in your blank order please go back and specify that so I don't have to chase you down this weekend.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2016, 19:28:33 by skullydazed »

Offline Armstrong01

Nice, thanks. 15 hundred 1U lol..

What do you guys order 2U R3 for? Is that for Planck spacebars to have them slightly downturn?
Planck | Pok3r ISO-UK | Ducky Premier ANSI-US

Offline Volucris

• beep boop
Been lurking here a while, made an account a while back, and felt like saying I really like this set and it's my first group buy here.
KUL ES-87 - MX Browns

Offline kurtle107

I've finally made it through all 372 order records and have tabulated the current blank orders. Sorry it's taken so long but it was a bigger task than I envisioned. I had to write a script to help me keep track of everything.

BBIRDDWVYCF
1.25U R1 Blanks6002
1.25U R2 Blanks0000
1.25U R3 Blanks2000
1.25U R4 Blanks1611011
1.5U R1 Blanks8600
1.5U R2 Blanks0604
1.5U R3 Blanks0600
1.5U R4 Blanks2202
1.75U R3 Blanks3302
1.75U R4 Blanks9002
1U R1 Blanks2019223
1U R2 Blanks162015
1U R3 Blanks237222
1U R4 Blanks86710156220
2.25U R3 Blanks0403
2.25U R4 Blanks1201
2.75U R4 Blanks4313
2U R1 Blanks1401
2U R3 Blanks5395051
2U R4 Blanks3301
4U Spacebars2121
6.25U Spacebars631760
7U Spacebars1331512

There are quite a few orders that specified only quantity and not color. Those are not reflected in the numbers above. If you did not specify color in your blank order please go back and specify that so I don't have to chase you down this weekend.
just wait for the prices

Offline nickw

What do you guys order 2U R3 for? Is that for Planck spacebars to have them slightly downturn?
That would be my guess, though my personal preference is to flip all the keys I hit with my thumbs from R4 to R2 mode.  It takes the edge off of using a concave keytop for a spacebar.

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo

19 more sets of specialty keys plsss

Its a $2 difference  :rolleyes:
I actually thought it would be a success for all of them to reach MOQ especially the part of the set that I really like. I didn't mean to make it like I need it to be $2 off :/.
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
Just placed my order since the Colmak kit will get made. If you own a Planck, too, you can'g go wrong with a nautical theme like Nantucket.

Offline theoriginal123123

Dammit I've already bought too many sets this year...

You might want to pick up some overtime. It's only February, Breh.

Ssshhhh... It's fiiinnne...  :-[

Offline anlic

So nice.

Offline torafuma

Updated my order, added one more Amity mod kit. (Considering I need two total!!)  :D :D :D

Hope this dos not cause any troubles with the order.

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
This looks so good.  I'm so excited to get my hands on one!

Offline Woovie

My first buy on GH. Can't wait to put this on my year of the goat.

Offline My_Thoughts

The Euro kits are a challenge but I really support the larger sets that do tip, rather than smaller sets that cannot make the min number.  I also run ISO UK and we get it easy compared to the other layouts.  Very few sets offer the Spanish/Italian keys for example. There are a few trading forums where you could try and trade your extra keys away, or offer to buy the UK keys from someone else.  After postage that would save a few €€

Compared to 2 years ago ISO support is much more accepted now as demand has slowly grown.  I think (hope??) that now keysets are being sold on massdrop that demand will increase and the ISO sets will be a little more popular.

Offline SparrowHAWX

Welp I filled it out. Not sure if I did it right though :/

Offline Armstrong01

From what I have quickly checked on the net, Planck+Dvorak/Colemak kits should be compatible and whole? I have not typed Colemak nor have I owned Planck yet. Thanks for the confirmation!

Edit: it should..

Everything has tipped, now let's have 4 more people for the Dvorak/Colemak kit for 50 MOQ to reach $30 (since I joined:D). Many are commited at 75 and 100 - I hope some will switch to the 50 MOQ since it's only $1 more. (typed in Colemak - first day in and 20wpm.)
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 February 2016, 11:29:20 by Armstrong01 »

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
Hello, skullydazed.

Please check your pm :D

Offline Armstrong01

Hey skully, in the matrix w/ prices you have two price columns switched for the Dvorak/Colemak kit, MOQ 25 is $30 and MOQ 50 is $32. Maybe more people will lower their MOQ if you confirm and correct it.) thanks!

GL to other kits that are close to higher MOQs, still a day left!

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Hey skully, in the matrix w/ prices you have two price columns switched for the Dvorak/Colemak kit, MOQ 25 is $30 and MOQ 50 is $32. Maybe more people will lower their MOQ if you confirm and correct it.) thanks!

GL to other kits that are close to higher MOQs, still a day left!

Good catch, I've updated the first post. The order form has this correct, and it's the definitive source. :)

Offline breckstar

Is it possible to buy a number stripe row separately? like to help turn the planck set into atomic?

Offline wodan

EU kit is a rollercoaster ride !
Will there be a point before payment where the available kits are confirmed ?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Is it possible to buy a number stripe row separately? like to help turn the planck set into atomic?

No, sorry.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
EU kit is a rollercoaster ride !
Will there be a point before payment where the available kits are confirmed ?

At this point all the sets have tipped. I don't think any of them (even the EU kit) will backslide.

Offline Chief Clukey

This is absolutely beautiful. Gonna look great on a wooden ergodox. I know this was a lot of work but thank you for making this happen :thumb:

Offline Chief Clukey

This is beautiful. Gonna look great on a wooden ergodox. I know it was a lot of work but thanks for making this happen!  :thumb:

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
With just about 24 hours left in this buy I thought I'd provide some final updates.

First, if you have any change to make to your order GO DO IT RIGHT NOW. Seriously. Once I close the buy changes will be difficult and error-prone. You'll receive a final reminder email on Monday describing your committed sets and letting you know what your estimated costs will be.

I'm still waiting on an answer from SP for blank pricing. I will let everyone know what the pricing looks like and which blanks are getting made as soon as I possibly can. I'm sorry this is dragging out so much. If we get the blank pricing and blanks you need won't get made, you can cancel your order.

Finally, ALL SETS HAVE TIPPED! You will not have to worry about missing a set, so long as you have bought in at the lowest MOQ. Many sets have reached higher MOQ's and are going to be cheaper.

Thanks for all of your support. Without you this set would not be possible. :thumb:

Offline Armstrong01

What's the price break at 500 MOQ TKL, tell us.) it's currently at 499 lol, I think you underestimated your Nantucket.

TKL @ 499
Dvorak/Colemak @ 49 (for 50 MOQ)
ISO @ 47 (for 50 MOQ)
Specialty over 150

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DTE_UKdm7B6T0YQBDzj3sd8E_-UohNsEyAd4dELCLGo/pubchart?oid=2075269551)
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 02:56:49 by Armstrong01 »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
What's the price break at 500 MOQ TKL, tell us.) it's currently at 499 lol, I think you underestimated your Nantucket.

TKL @ 499
Dvorak/Colemak @ 49 (for 50 MOQ)
ISO @ 47 (for 50 MOQ)
Specialty over 150

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DTE_UKdm7B6T0YQBDzj3sd8E_-UohNsEyAd4dELCLGo/pubchart?oid=2075269551)

I just placed my order, so it should definitely be 500 now. Great set!  :thumb:

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
Placed my order  :thumb: Now just have to wait.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
http://world.taobao.com/item/526924799933.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z02.1.1998049143.d4919530.B36E4t&scm=1007.10157.23889.100200300000001&pvid=a3289196-6955-4e22-9344-645c623ad996

Can someone explain to me how I can buy it on Taobao, is the groupbuy taking place there too?

TaoBao places an order for the the base set and certain kits, and then sells it in China. What this does is reduce shipping costs (better to buy 100 sets together with ~$100 shipping than 100 individual sets with ~$15-20 shipping each).

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
http://world.taobao.com/item/526924799933.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z02.1.1998049143.d4919530.B36E4t&scm=1007.10157.23889.100200300000001&pvid=a3289196-6955-4e22-9344-645c623ad996

Can someone explain to me how I can buy it on Taobao, is the groupbuy taking place there too?

The person behind that listing contacted me asking about a purchase for his gb. I assume that listing is how he's running it.

Offline crovax3000

With just about 24 hours left in this buy I thought I'd provide some final updates.

First, if you have any change to make to your order GO DO IT RIGHT NOW. Seriously. Once I close the buy changes will be difficult and error-prone. You'll receive a final reminder email on Monday describing your committed sets and letting you know what your estimated costs will be.

Should we have already received an email?

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
Why are so many people ordering 1u R4 keys

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
Whew, just put in the order, excited to see the set!
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard

Should we have already received an email?

Not yet. I'll be sending those tomorrow. The buy closes tonight at midnight PST.

Offline dgdosen

I'm in as well! 3rd Post... 1st Group Buy!

- Question on the blanks:
How should we fill out the form if we want a quantity of multiple colors? For example, if I want 1 red and 1 yellow 1U R1  blanks, would I enter that as:

1 RDD, 1 YCF

I hope so...

Offline Antacs

I know it's down to the wire, but do you have a current list of blanks that are likely to meet MOQ?

Offline Kirfloof

Why are so many people ordering 1u R4 keys

I might not use them, but I wanted the option to have a cursor set on my TKL in cream. I usually like that in a different colour to the other mods.

Offline Armstrong01

- Question on the blanks:
How should we fill out the form if we want a quantity of multiple colors? For example, if I want 1 red and 1 yellow 1U R1  blanks, would I enter that as:

1 RDD, 1 YCF

Yep that's right, I've asked the same at reddit and skully said so.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:53:42 by Armstrong01 »

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
I know it's down to the wire, but do you have a current list of blanks that are likely to meet MOQ?

I'm still waiting for an answer from SP so I can determine what MOQ will be. As soon as I have that there will be an update.

I'm hoping that I'll have an answer tomorrow, but sometimes SP takes a while to answer. It will take some time to validate and finalize the order before payment starts anyway, so there's no need to panic. Blanks will be figured out. Regardless of what SP says about pricing, I will have updated quantities for blanks by Tuesday evening.

Offline wodan

At this point all the sets have tipped. I don't think any of them (even the EU kit) will backslide.

Congratulations!
Now come get your money :)

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Re: [GB] (CLOSED) Nantucket Selectric - Modern Selectric Goes Sailing!
« Reply #298 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 02:24:40 »
The Group Buy Is Officially Closed!  :cool:

Thank you to everyone for participating. Here are some preliminary numbers:

• Total people: 430
  • TKL: 514
  • Planck: 135
  • Ergodox: 62
  • Numpad: 213
  • Homing: 280
  • Dvorak/Colemak: 35
  • ISO: 50
  • European: 28
  • Mac: 62
  • Specialty Keys: 167
  • Cape Cod: 232
  • Amity Island: 361
  • Total Sets: 2202

This does not count the group buys from Vietnam and China, each of which brings in another hefty chunk of orders.

Tomorrow I analyze and verify orders and start sending out invoices to people who did not order blanks. If you ordered blanks it may take me a couple days to figure out what blanks will get made and get an invoice to you.

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
Re: [GB] (CLOSED) Nantucket Selectric - Modern Selectric Goes Sailing!
« Reply #299 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 02:39:00 »
The Group Buy Is Officially Closed!  :cool:

Thank you to everyone for participating. Here are some preliminary numbers:

• Total people: 430
  • TKL: 514
  • Planck: 135
  • Ergodox: 62
  • Numpad: 213
  • Homing: 280
  • Dvorak/Colemak: 35
  • ISO: 50
  • European: 28
  • Mac: 62
  • Specialty Keys: 167
  • Cape Cod: 232
  • Amity Island: 361
  • Total Sets: 2202

This does not count the group buys from Vietnam and China, each of which brings in another hefty chunk of orders.

Tomorrow I analyze and verify orders and start sending out invoices to people who did not order blanks. If you ordered blanks it may take me a couple days to figure out what blanks will get made and get an invoice to you.

Yay, both ISO and TKL tipped again; pretty close with the ISO :O I suppose extra spacebars is included in the blank delays as well?