Author Topic: [IC] GMK Scitex (G80-1824 HAU)  (Read 23784 times)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [IC] GMK Scitex (G80-1824 HAU)
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 12:04:55 »
Personally I would prefer if GMK does not get bogged down with producing similar-looking sets, leading to SA-like lead times for little gain and even potentially creating GMK GB fatigue.

But meh, what can I do about it? GB runners are just gonna keep running :/
+1

This feels like a waste of a GMK production spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it makes MOQ, it means that there's interest in it - in what way would it be a waste of a GMK production slot over any other set that you personally might be interested in?++

I am set on running this after much deliberation and constructive feedback across discords and in the thread. Yeap, timing is poor, and in some peoples eyes it is too similar to nines - but I will give it a chance and we can see what happens! :) I plan to run it end of Q3/Q4, and I am looking in to revising the kits and see how we can make this set the best it can be.

Thank you everyone!

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 12:59:12 »
Personally I would prefer if GMK does not get bogged down with producing similar-looking sets, leading to SA-like lead times for little gain and even potentially creating GMK GB fatigue.

+1

If it makes MOQ, it means that there's interest in it - in what way would it be a waste of a GMK production slot over any other set that you personally might be interested in?++

I am set on running this after much deliberation and constructive feedback across discords and in the thread. Yeap, timing is poor, and in some peoples eyes it is too similar to nines - but I will give it a chance and we can see what happens! :) I plan to run it end of Q3/Q4, and I am looking in to revising the kits and see how we can make this set the best it can be.

Thank you everyone!

Thanks for all the work. Really appreciate it. I'm only a fan of color schemes that Cherry produced before so this will be a must buy for me.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 13:26:49 »

+1

Thank you everyone!

It's already been stated multiple times, but since you asked, I believe the aesthetic you're going for with this set could largely be achieved with a blue F-row accent kit on WoB or even your Nines set. So, to me, this seems like a waste of a GMK production spot. I know you're going to say it's not the same, so I wish you luck with your buy, I just wanted to voice my opinion.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 13:46:59 »

+1

Thank you everyone!

It's already been stated multiple times, but since you asked, I believe the aesthetic you're going for with this set could largely be achieved with a blue F-row accent kit on WoB or even your Nines set. So, to me, this seems like a waste of a GMK production spot. I know you're going to say it's not the same, so I wish you luck with your buy, I just wanted to voice my opinion.

I understand where you are coming from. Whether this set makes MOQ is another topic but N9 (black on Dolch) and CR (black on WoB) look very different. I just wanted to voice my opinion. I would be happy with just the accent kit though, if the whole set fails to reach MOQ.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline portbaron

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 18:28:47 »
I wouldn't worry about production times, they are still nowhere near SP's 1 year SA wait. It's not our place to manage GMK's pending orders, and frankly adding another 3 weeks to wait times that are already around 6 months is insignificant. If a set can hit MOQ, it's as valid as any other set.

I'd get this set as long as the accent kit hits MOQ for sure, and I got nines too.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 April 2019, 18:30:19 by portbaron »
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 04:43:10 »
I thought some more about it and the colorway is starting to grow on me. You could consider merging the accents into the base kit or adding non blue f keys, but the current arrangement works too, it just seems a bit inefficient given how few keys it is.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 08:46:10 »
I thought some more about it and the colorway is starting to grow on me. You could consider merging the accents into the base kit or adding non blue f keys, but the current arrangement works too, it just seems a bit inefficient given how few keys it is.

I want to keep the base costs down, and therefore won't add the keys into the base (it's actually quite a lot of keys and would increase cost significantly).

I will add CP F1-F8 in the accent kit, though!

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 08:48:01 »

I want to keep the base costs down, and therefore won't add the keys into the base (it's actually quite a lot of keys and would increase cost significantly).

I will add CP F1-F8 in the accent kit, though!

Good call!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 04 May 2019, 17:25:01 »
Scitex is on hold for a while, but won't be dropped! In the meantime, enjoy this from Janglad. :)

« Last Edit: Sat, 04 May 2019, 17:26:51 by Emir »

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 04 May 2019, 19:29:23 »
just realized this set was tried out in 2013

https://matrixzj.github.io/docs/gmk-keycaps/White-Dark-Grey/

long time ago obv but i like this add-on kit, seems to have more going on

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 17:27:37 »
Yeah, I have no idea why you'd make reference to the Scitex board, but ommit the most iconic part.

Luckily the community has kept growing, so more sets have a chance (and don't have to please everyone to get made)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 00:20:00 »
Yeah, I have no idea why you'd make reference to the Scitex board, but ommit the most iconic part.

Luckily the community has kept growing, so more sets have a chance (and don't have to please everyone to get made)

Which iconic part did I omit?

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 12:27:37 »

I was referring to the kit that failed to hit MOQ in 2013 that didn't include the blue function row.

Luckily you realized that the blue legeeds on some of the function keys are a big part of what separates the chad Scitex from the lesser 'muted white on black' :p

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 12:30:18 »

I was referring to the kit that failed to hit MOQ in 2013 that didn't include the blue function row.

Luckily you realized that the blue legeeds on some of the function keys are a big part of what separates the chad Scitex from the lesser 'muted white on black' :p

yea I didn't make the kit, Ivan did. I just wanted to bring it up to show the differences between that and this. It uses windowed F-keys FWIW, which is less than ideal

Offline ZestMyu

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 15:22:37 »
Definitely interested in this set. Hope it all works out.

Offline teh_pengers

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 20:01:45 »
Know this one is on hold but interested whenever it makes a return.

Offline CypherPls

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 13:49:09 »
Count me in!

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 08:35:15 »
This set looks really nice!

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 12:19:45 »
yea I didn't make the kit, Ivan did. I just wanted to bring it up to show the differences between that and this. It uses windowed F-keys FWIW, which is less than ideal

Why do you have to mention that name again  >:D

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 13:15:06 »
Thanks for reviving! Don't expect scitex in 2019. :)

2020 it might be ran, with some new ideas added. Stay tuned!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 10:17:58 »
Made a discord for my projects, including Scitex - feel free to join and discuss!
https://discord.gg/MwVTg2E