Author Topic: Omnikey 101 Help  (Read 1095 times)

Offline detox07

Omnikey 101 Help
« on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 15:38:07 »
Hi everyone, I recently came in to possession of an omnikey 101 with the dip switches under the trap door. I'm trying to get it all set up for use, but I'm running into issues with the dip switch settings.

I've tried using the manual to configure the dip switches and I can get it where all of the keys work, except the num lock and scroll lock, it's like they're disabled. Right now I have all the dip switches in the down position. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Omnikey 101 Help
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 20:38:16 »
Try this:

http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/attach/omnikey/omnikey_2_02.jpg

Otherwise, use trial and error.

Good Luck!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline detox07

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 10:00:53 »
Hey thanks for the response that's what I used to originally setup the keyboard. I was hoping someone else had one with everything working correctly and could tell me their dip settings. Guess ill tinker with it a bit more, if I can't get it to work ill just sell it. Thanks.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 10:39:10 »
I have had 3-4 Omnikeys and they were all set properly when I got them, maybe I was just lucky.

If everything else is OK, the problem may just be dead keys. Every one of mine (granted, I bought them all used and cheap) had 1-4 dead keys and rather than mess with it, I just sold them "for parts or repair" (even though some had been sold to me as "works great").

You could probably sell it here in the classifieds, be sure to put up some photos and pull a keycap to show a switch.

Also, here is a guy that loves to work on them, and he also paid me a fair price for one of mine:

http://www.northgate-keyboard-repair.com/
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline detox07

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 13:37:20 »
Well the num lock and scroll lock work, but they only work with certain dip settings which then disables other stuff, so I'm looking for the sweet spot in dip settings that makes it all work. Thanks again for your reply