Author Topic: How is everyone mentally ?  (Read 6961 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
How is everyone mentally ?
« on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 20:27:25 »
Tp4 is xpert @ #ronery,

but how y'alls doin'  ?

Everyone gud' ?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: How is everyone mentally ?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 20:35:16 »
I'm tired of doing middle school math homework.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 20:36:16 »
****ING GODDAMN MOTHER****ING ****TY ****ING ****

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 20:37:19 »

What's middle skool these days, still quadratic/ algebra 2 ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 20:38:14 »
****ING GODDAMN MOTHER****ING ****TY ****ING ****

Hahhaahhahahahahahahahaha.. stay calm.. have you had ramen 2day, gotta stay positive, it's gonna be 6 months to 2 years mostly indoors..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 20:41:17 »
Show Image

What's middle skool these days, still quadratic/ algebra 2 ?

Just this common core stuff.  I can get the answer no problem but not the way they are taught.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 20:52:08 »
Just this common core stuff.  I can get the answer no problem but not the way they are taught.

I just looked up some examples.

From what I can tell, The way it's done (in the teaching sense) does not seem entirely malicious.

It seems more geared towards cultivating Mathematical Sense, rather than simply performing procedures.

So, from the parental perspective, you're a math user in most cases to get a job done, you don't care about the nitty-gritty.  However teaching is a bit different, so by breaking a simple subtraction procedure into parts,  It looks TO ME, like they're trying to instill in a young LEARNER the sense that larger numbers are just combinations of smaller numbers and sets of smaller numbers.

This is very similar to the way they teach Combinatorics, at least that's what it looks like to me.

I can understand the frustration a parent may have if they were simply taught procedures.  AND I for sure DO NOT KNOW if this is actually appropriate for all age groups.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 21:17:18 »

Are you a teacher or do you have a kid?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 07:52:51 »
Tp4 is xpert @ #ronery,

but how y'alls doin'  ?

Everyone gud' ?

It’s not easy being cooked up with two kids and wife as I not only have to find entertaining for myself, I gotta entertain them, thus taking time away from me-time. And all the cooking and doing dishes and ... omg! I’ve not spent so much time in the kitchen at all!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 08:10:16 »
two kids and wife , I gotta entertain them,

Kekekee. For sure, it's seldom talked about, but most men in relationships have 100% of the burden of being Funny/ Entertaining; there are very real physical limitations to this machine.

Have you tried Netflix as babysitter ? 

Offline Belfong

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 04:07:05 »
Netflix, sure.. but after a while, they will still come looking for you!

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 06:23:06 »
At the verge of a complete mental breakdown. :eek:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 06:44:43 »
Honestly it's not too far from my standard daily habits, and in a way it's kinda cathartic seeing the rest of the world forced to live like this. Bittersweet schadenfreude.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 06:58:30 »
Honestly it's not too far from my standard daily habits, and in a way it's kinda cathartic seeing the rest of the world forced to live like this. Bittersweet schadenfreude.

Yeah I feel you - as an introvert who's been living in an extrovert world for a while now, I don't mind seeing it flipped around for a while. A lot of people around me are really not handling it well.

Now I get to just do what I enjoy, but more of it.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 07:08:44 »
Headaches from laying around too much, too caught up on shows, pumping hours into Stardew Valley again.

Guess it's aight  :thumb:

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:09:02 »
Etg is the only thing keeping my sanity right now

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 18:24:59 »

Doing pretty okay. Mostly just boredom on my end.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 04:29:37 »
I've been living the COVID life for years because of reasons many of you know. Being around a kid with a compromised immune system for 6 years had me extra vigilant and isolated.

I don't mind stay-at-home because all of my college courses are online, too.

I tried legal amphetamines prescribed by my doc to see if I could focus on school better, but they fried my brain and made me write nonsense on my research papers. Good thing I went off them and caught it... ended up with great grades.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 04:54:56 »
i don't think i've any value or anything really to attribute to society and live a completely wasted existence basically waiting to die

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 05:05:22 »
I tried legal amphetamines prescribed by my doc to see if I could focus on school better, but they fried my brain and made me write nonsense on my research papers. Good thing I went off them and caught it... ended up with great grades.

They don't wurk the same way for everyone.

I knew this guy in skool back in the day,  taking amphet salts made him do nothing but write starcraft build orders...

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 10:20:48 »
I love the way things have been. I always get really sick around flu season, having pectus excavatum and a tendency to get pneumonia after every single cold. I wish people would take infectious diseases this seriously when there's not a pandemic. People really need to be wearing masks though, literally everybody should be wearing masks in public.

I'm also practically a hermit, so social distancing, etc, is also another plus in that regard.

Chromebook damage is way down to boot, as kids aren't running and screaming down hallways with their laptops.

The highways are no longer packed full of snails that have no idea how to drive (I cannot work from home, and am not furloughed).

Besides stores now closing before I even get the motivation to go to any of them (I'm also practically nocturnal), this is basically the best thing that's ever happened to me.

i don't think i've any value or anything really to attribute to society and live a completely wasted existence basically waiting to die

Nobody really does. Whatever it is that you could accomplish means nothing to the sands of time. Thus, I don't think that anybody should really be concerned with that. Accomplishments are not only subjective, but also arbitrary. Do whatever you enjoy, strive for whatever you value, so long as you're not inhibiting the abilities of others to do the same in the process. The rest doesn't matter.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 11:04:51 »

I knew this guy in skool back in the day,  taking amphet salts made him do nothing but write starcraft build orders...

He gave me vyvanse. Told me worst (or best) case scenario was 14 hours of energy. I got the full 14 and then some. Remember that commercial with the eggs in the pan that said "This is your brain on drugs"? That was my brain. And I've done a ton of **** in my lifetime. **** speed.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 11:14:28 »
He gave me vyvanse. Told me worst (or best) case scenario was 14 hours of energy. I got the full 14 and then some. Remember that commercial with the eggs in the pan that said "This is your brain on drugs"? That was my brain. And I've done a ton of **** in my lifetime. **** speed.

It might work for you, attempt lower doses.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 14:22:04 »

It might work for you, attempt lower doses.

I guess I'd be willing to try the lowest dose salt and not some crazy extended release ****.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 18:13:00 »

Back in the good 'ol days me and the boys would snort adderals and stay up for days on end writing terrible raps to a Jay Z beats cd. We had a cd player and a tape recorder, and we'd wire a single mono speaker into the headphone jack of the cd player and record it by setting the tape recorder next to it. Good clean fun.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 05:42:37 »
I've been going through phases of depression on and off, but that's to be expected with being isolated.

At least I have my kitty to keep my company.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Shiraori

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 08:50:39 »
Tp4 is xpert @ #ronery,

but how y'alls doin'  ?

Everyone gud' ?

I'd say pretty stressed since I have an important exam coming up. I have been busy preparing for the exams even in the lockdown times. Other than that, time is really passing extremely fast for me for some reason. Honestly, the thng that is keeping my sanity are the books and the computer.
Kuro Shiro here we go!

Offline JP

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 18:15:59 »

Yeah I feel you - as an introvert who's been living in an extrovert world for a while now, I don't mind seeing it flipped around for a while. A lot of people around me are really not handling it well.

Now I get to just do what I enjoy, but more of it.

My thoughts exactly  :thumb:
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 10:58:58 »
A combination of chronic pain that varies every day and has no rhyme or reason and nihilism, marked by brief moments of inspiration that leads to nothing.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 11:02:58 »
A combination of chronic pain that varies every day and has no rhyme or reason and nihilism, marked by brief moments of inspiration that leads to nothing.

m0Ar veggies = Reduced Inflammation.

Animal protein is pro-inflammatory due to things like heme iron, TMAO, and free Radicals

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 12:17:57 »
What a win for me, schools will be closed for the rest of the year due to pandemic

Offline Kavik

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 15:29:01 »

m0Ar veggies = Reduced Inflammation.

Animal protein is pro-inflammatory due to things like heme iron, TMAO, and free Radicals

I just ate some strawberries, blueberries, and watermelon and already feel better; although, eating anything makes me feel better temporarily.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 16:28:45 »

I just ate some strawberries, blueberries, and watermelon and already feel better; although, eating anything makes me feel better temporarily.

It'z dat Antioxidants goin' 2 wurk.

Offline IronCheeks

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 04:17:31 »
I've been more or less the same person I was before the pandemic, albeit it changed since I was one of it's victims that luckily recovered.

I want to say that being separated from friends and some people you love is tough, but it's nice being able to focus on myself, family, and my S.O.
However, I want to say that it has made me more anxious about certain things. Particularly, feeling like I have this itch to instantly get what I want. Before everything - and I mean, everything - slowed up due to the Coronavirus, it's taken some getting used to. It's taught my patience, to a degree.

Working in the E.R., some nights dread on to the point that I have time to go through GH or Reddit and submit some posts - like I am now. Some nights are literally graveyard shifts where nothing happens. It's nice, but also doesn't feel real. I appreciate the downtime, but also I'm scared about what will happen in the future when society beings to open back up. But hey, at least I get to talk shop with coworkers and see how everyone else is doing. It's made more more appreciative of everything I have done and continue to do, trickling over into my personal life.

Being slightly more anxious, I begin to overthink things more and I don't like what it's doing to my perspective on the little things, be it at work or with my S.O. More importantly,  my S.O. I find myself stressing out over things that shouldn't really bother me or feeling like I'm not good enough. Maybe it's the extrovert in me coming to terms with being an introvert. My S.O. is an introvert and she knows its bothering me and I am lucky to have someone who understands what I am going through.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2020, 04:20:20 by IronCheeks »

Offline atarione

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 23:55:00 »
I kinda hate everyone now..  I hate everyone that won't wear a mask, I hate everyone that seems to want to stay inside forever...  last time I went to the grocery store I was pretty close to throwing someone who got too close to me into / thru a freezer window...

I've been getting out with my mountain bike... but other people out on the trails kinda ruin it.... I have always deeply mourned moving to the city... x10 now..  I haaate cities.

I'm starting to be less afraid of dying of this bs and rather more afraid I might live and have to deal with the bull**** that comes after.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 00:12:35 »
I kinda hate everyone now..  I hate everyone that won't wear a mask, I hate everyone that seems to want to stay inside forever...  last time I went to the grocery store I was pretty close to throwing someone who got too close to me into / thru a freezer window...

I've been getting out with my mountain bike... but other people out on the trails kinda ruin it.... I have always deeply mourned moving to the city... x10 now..  I haaate cities.

I'm starting to be less afraid of dying of this bs and rather more afraid I might live and have to deal with the bull**** that comes after.

/Pat pat pat

Let it all out atari

Offline atarione

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 00:16:44 »

/Pat pat pat

Let it all out atari

also my cat is old and sick and probably not going to make it... which is making me sadngry ??? (is that a word) whatever sad and angry..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 09:33:24 »
also my cat is old and sick and probably not going to make it... which is making me sadngry ??? (is that a word) whatever sad and angry..

Words are living, you can make up as many as you like.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 15:14:28 »

Offline thestateofmay

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 20:26:17 »
I've been more or less the same person I was before the pandemic, albeit it changed since I was one of it's victims that luckily recovered.

I want to say that being separated from friends and some people you love is tough, but it's nice being able to focus on myself, family, and my S.O.
However, I want to say that it has made me more anxious about certain things. Particularly, feeling like I have this itch to instantly get what I want. Before everything - and I mean, everything - slowed up due to the Coronavirus, it's taken some getting used to. It's taught my patience, to a degree.

Working in the E.R., some nights dread on to the point that I have time to go through GH or Reddit and submit some posts - like I am now. Some nights are literally graveyard shifts where nothing happens. It's nice, but also doesn't feel real. I appreciate the downtime, but also I'm scared about what will happen in the future when society beings to open back up. But hey, at least I get to talk shop with coworkers and see how everyone else is doing. It's made more more appreciative of everything I have done and continue to do, trickling over into my personal life.

Being slightly more anxious, I begin to overthink things more and I don't like what it's doing to my perspective on the little things, be it at work or with my S.O. More importantly,  my S.O. I find myself stressing out over things that shouldn't really bother me or feeling like I'm not good enough. Maybe it's the extrovert in me coming to terms with being an introvert. My S.O. is an introvert and she knows its bothering me and I am lucky to have someone who understands what I am going through.

Wait you had coronavirus and recovered?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 20:50:02 »
honestly i'm still chillin. life could be different but i'm pretty happy still

Offline IronCheeks

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 06:41:18 »

Yeah. My mother, a few of my coworkers, and I all got it and recovered. The coronavirus has the biggest effect on older people with other health issues. However, it is still pretty bad in younger people. Supposedly, it does this autoimmune storm in kids and I would hate for that sort of patient to roll through the door.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 07:20:00 »
I'm enjoying doing less work. Self employed from home for years but there's only a steady trickle of stuff.

The amount of social interaction is tiring me out mind you. Kids home all the time. So are my parents. I get an hour of alone time at night that's it otherwise everybody is gabbing the whole time. It's feeling a bit hard to get out of the bed in the morning.

Offline thestateofmay

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 23:32:36 »

Yeah. My mother, a few of my coworkers, and I all got it and recovered. The coronavirus has the biggest effect on older people with other health issues. However, it is still pretty bad in younger people. Supposedly, it does this autoimmune storm in kids and I would hate for that sort of patient to roll through the door.

Sounds pretty unfortunate but also fortunate at the same time since they all recovered.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 12:48:04 »
Slipping back into boredom which means reflecting on my aimlessness, questioning what the point of life is without aims and general depression.  An extension of this is withdrawing socially (not needed at the moment) and considering my opinions not worth sharing online, which means more time doing nothing and the downward spiral continues.  If this is what happens after a three day weekend I dread to think how I'd be if they stopped me working.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 14:29:13 »
Slipping back into boredom which means reflecting on my aimlessness, questioning what the point of life is without aims and general depression.  An extension of this is withdrawing socially (not needed at the moment) and considering my opinions not worth sharing online, which means more time doing nothing and the downward spiral continues.  If this is what happens after a three day weekend I dread to think how I'd be if they stopped me working.

At least you're not Drinking alone / Doing Dr00gs.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 14:56:35 »
Okay. Now I tried Concerta. Not as brain cooked but still too manic. No matter how hard school gets, I'm not touching stimulants other than coffee. Period.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 15:54:46 »
Okay. Now I tried Concerta. Not as brain cooked but still too manic. No matter how hard school gets, I'm not touching stimulants other than coffee. Period.

Basically the fascination with Meth, never ended post WW2.

People continued to abuse it under the guise of productivity.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 22:00:56 »
Protests are erupting across the world, covid is happening. everything's gonna be just fine. Also, my cat bella puked in multiple places and interrupted my Marine Marathon run. Wonderful!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 23:52:53 »

gotta get that adrenochrome and evolve into a lizard