Author Topic: 45 percent keyboard layout for people who dont type good.  (Read 3588 times)

Offline greenteei89

45 percent keyboard layout for people who dont type good.
« on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 22:52:23 »
Ive been thinking about getting a 40% keyboard for surfing the web and general typing. I am not the best typist so I definitely needed some things that arent offered in the current slew of 40 percent keyboards. I was looking for the following in the smallest form factor possible for the following things.

-Stagger
-Arrow Keys
-A full or close to full backspace
-Page up and page down
-Dvorak capabilities
-Split Spacebar
-Only additional key would be a 1.75u for enter key

152792-0

I have also made a layout with the [] and \ keys in lieu of a full backspace. Let me know if you guys see anything glaringly wrong with the layouts. I have put in an order for plates but thought I would ask for some input.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 November 2016, 12:37:02 by greenteei89 »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: 45 percent keyboard layout for people who dont type good.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 21:00:46 »
Maybe consider splitting backspace too depending on how you feel. since it's dvorak compatible and I don't use right shift anyway (for design #2,3) I fully approve.

Dvorak people get no ~40% love :(

unfortunately 1.75u isn't really a standard size so you can do 1.5u in lieu of that (it's not a big deal depend on on your style) or you canget that size in one-off from SP or other or with a 1800 kit.

I like it though! If you get plates or PCBs printed, I'd get one and live the dvorak 45% dream.