Author Topic: [HELP] Unable to upload to JJ4X4 macro pad  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Azad R

[HELP] Unable to upload to JJ4X4 macro pad
« on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 01:43:24 »
I managed to upload to the PCB a few times but I believe a bad USB cable messed up the connection during one of those times. Now I cannot use the bootmapper client to upload any new changes. Screen stuck at "processing".
- LEDs light up
- I can make changes to the LEDs
- I can download keymap that's on the board
- I cannot upload any changes
- board still able to type
Is there a way to reset it?

Offline Azad R

Re: [HELP] Unable to upload to JJ4X4 macro pad
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 19:37:57 »
Anyone? Any hint would be appreciated.

Offline Azad R

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 03:47:07 »
Been in contact with Kprepublic through email the last few days. It seems we're on a one email a day thing. Feels like they are dragging things. They reckon it's the MCU. Hoping for a replacement since I've already soldered on all the switches (16). Tried desoldering the switches but it's very slow going with braid and sucker.

Edit: Grammar

Offline Azad R

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 01:15:43 »
It seems they aren't replying to my emails anymore. I asked for a replacement board and it's been two days and I haven't got any response. I guess ordering from Kprepublic is fine until you have problems. They don't back their products and their customer service isn't helpful. As such, I really cannot recommend doing business with them. Sucks for me as I've already soldered on the switches and removing those switches are a bear. Means I'm out of a board and 16 switches. This has really left a bitter taste in my mouth.