Author Topic: [IC] MAK WongBox - 7x7 Artisan Box + Display Stand (March 20th Launch Date!)  (Read 6589 times)

Offline Wongstongs

MAK WongBox

Introducing the MAK WongBox, a budget friendly artisan case. The WongBox is a 7x7 case with an acrylic lid that can be had in a plethora of colours. When we say budget, we mean it; this one won’t hurt your wallet. We are aiming for $30-35! Oh and did we mention this GB will be counted in weeks and not months?

We have developed a high quality 3D printing production process for the WongBox and we are excited to share our first prototypes with you.

Full Album - https://imgur.com/gallery/1lAPFMo

Why did we choose 3D printing as our production means? That’s easy: it’s cheap, durable, fast and looks great. On top of that you can choose pretty much any colour you want to show off your collection! For our first print run, we would like to hear from you on what colours you would like to be available. Please fill out the form below if you are interested:

INTEREST CHECK FORM

Once we have delivered the first run, we plan to open this up and have them available to purchase at any time with additional and custom colours available. This is the first product line from MAK and you can expect some more exciting things down the line!

Product Specs
  • 7x7 artisan case
  • 17cm x 17cm x 2.1cm
  • 3D printed base, acrylic lid
  • Standard colours: white, black, grey, purple, blue, pink, red
  • Premium colours: Carbon Dust, Stone White, Blazing Copper, ZealTM Blurple
  • Lid colours: clear, smoked

Estimated Pricing
  • $35: Standard colour + lid
  • $50: Premium colour + lid
  • $13: Desk display stand
  • $10: Extra lid
  • ~$15: Shipping to Canada and USA (other destinations will need to be calculated)

Improvements from IC Feedback
  • Increased max artisan height from 1.6cm to 1.9cm
  • Increased the size of the finger slots to make the lid easier to remove
  • Created the display stand!
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2020, 10:26:21 by Wongstongs »

Online o3okevin

Re: [IC] MAK WongBox - 7x7 Artisan Box
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 11:38:47 »
Hell yea

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 11:39:09 »
Finally A Reasonably Price Artisan Box. Can't Wait For This!!  :))

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 12:35:02 »
Looking forward to this.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 14:13:53 »
We have had a few question about the lid and how it fits. This lid friction fits in place and stays put! No sliding around or anything like that. The lid also sits flush with the top of the box.

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 14:17:17 »
Great price! Would probably down for a couple :thumb:

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 15:08:53 »
Can it fit taller keys? See Cosmonauts, Bruces, Buckling Spring artisans, Nubbinator Hearts (lol), KRAP Baby Dragons, etc.

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 17:17:53 »
Can it fit taller keys? See Cosmonauts, Bruces, Buckling Spring artisans, Nubbinator Hearts (lol), KRAP Baby Dragons, etc.

The max height of a key is 1.9cm in this box, so anything under that!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 17:22:39 »

The max height of a key is 1.9cm in this box, so anything under that!

Thanks. Looks like it might barely fit Booper Cosmonauts (v1) -- maybe not Kosmonavts, and probably not Bruces, or any similarly tall keys, and definitely not Buckling Spring keys.

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 11:27:27 »
Lots of requests for a display stand!

We are working on a prototype now, stay tuned  :thumb:

Offline farmisen

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 09:50:53 »
I need five of those.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 11:33:53 »
By popular request we have designed and printed the prototype for the WongBox Display Stand! We will be offering this alongside the artisan case during the GB. It will come in a matching colour to your case and we estimate the pricing to be $13!

Offline vsrnth

Re: [IC] MAK WongBox - 7x7 Artisan Box + Display Stand
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 12:17:54 »
By popular request we have designed and printed the prototype for the WongBox Display Stand! We will be offering this alongside the artisan case during the GB. It will come in a matching colour to your case and we estimate the pricing to be $13!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks lovely count me in for one.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Wongstongs

We are going live at 9:00am PST on Friday, March 20th  :thumb:

Final colours and pricing updated in OP. Thank you all for your voting and feedback in the IC! We had a lot of great feedback and incorporated the changes into our final product.

Offline jeniverre

• instagram.com/keebgeek
me = IN! ^_^

Offline steezkeez

Probably too late of a request but is there any way the stand angle could be higher? Main reason being to conserve desk space and easier viewing angle of the artisans. I understand if this is too late of a request but just thought I would put my preference out there, not sure if any one else would agree.

For reference, I'm currently using this stand for my evil boxes: https://robotcandy.company/collections/accessories/products/kickstand-jr

Offline Wongstongs

Probably too late of a request but is there any way the stand angle could be higher? Main reason being to conserve desk space and easier viewing angle of the artisans. I understand if this is too late of a request but just thought I would put my preference out there, not sure if any one else would agree.

There may or may not be a prototype in the works. The current stand is 17*, we might offer a 37* stand which is more appropriate for a shelf. We have found 17* to be perfect for displaying on a desk.

Offline steezkeez

There may or may not be a prototype in the works. The current stand is 17*, we might offer a 37* stand which is more appropriate for a shelf. We have found 17* to be perfect for displaying on a desk.

Awesome, sounds perfect! Thanks for the quick response!

Offline subluxe

• サブラックス
    • https://subluxe.ca/
Guess if I get this I might need to get more artisans :^)

Offline farmisen

Might be too late to request it and nothing I can't source myself but I'd throw you a few extra bucks if they were coming with a thin top foam insert to prevent the caps to move too much and a correctly sized rubber band to keep the lid shut while traveling.

Offline growler

Might be too late to request it and nothing I can't source myself but I'd throw you a few extra bucks if they were coming with a thin top foam insert to prevent the caps to move too much and a correctly sized rubber band to keep the lid shut while traveling.

Solid practical ideas

growler

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline alper_maestro

Where is the link to the GB?