Author Topic: [IC]GMK Camping r2 (GB is up!)  (Read 133077 times)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
Re: [IC]GMK Camping in Japan (update 12/08: updated novelty kit)
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 21:02:48 »

Would you consider breaking up the numb pad from the base kit? If you ran a poll, I'm sure you'll find out, not many actually use that kit.

Numpad belongs in base kit. Fight me.

Offline kidpid

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 22:17:59 »

Would you consider breaking up the numb pad from the base kit? If you ran a poll, I'm sure you'll find out, not many actually use that kit.

I'm willing to bet that a majority of the people who are buying GMK sets are putting them on boards that don't have a numpad.

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 22:21:41 »

You can still have it for the same price.

Imagine this: A normal non-split kit would be $135. But if you split it up, the price could now be: Base price is $100. Then the numbpad is $35.

Makes sense? And everyone saves $35 who don't need a numbpad.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 22:24:29 »
I don't put the numpad keys on the main board, that's for the separate numpad (anyone else numpad left handed?)

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #204 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:39:51 »

Imagine this: A normal non-split kit would be $135. But if you split it up, the price could now be: Base price is $100. Then the numbpad is $35.

GMK doesn't work like that. Splitting the num pad will not reduce the price significantly. In fact, it will increase the total price if you want to have both.
Reason is because GMK has a full automatic process, splitting kits will increase their workload. Unlike SP, they have a semi-automatic process, also the reason most SP sets are ran in child kits but GMK sets are mostly ran in all-in-one base.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:56:14 by kingnestea »

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 00:18:54 »

GMK doesn't work like that. Splitting the num pad will not reduce the price significantly. In fact, it will increase the total price if you want to have both.
Reason is because GMK has a full automatic process, splitting kits will increase their workload. Unlike SP, they have a semi-automatic process, also the reason most SP sets are ran in child kits but GMK sets are mostly ran in all-in-one base.

How is GMK 9009 R3 able to achieve what I'm describe while keeping the base kit less than $100?

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 00:23:14 »
I don’t use a numpad ever, but I’ve since realized that, as long as I‘m not greedy and try to sell them at 2x the GB price, I can get rid of the numpad keycaps rather quickly on r/mm.

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 00:36:54 »

How is GMK 9009 R3 able to achieve what I'm describe while keeping the base kit less than $100?

do you compare them on the same MOQ?
also GMK 9009 uses stock GMK color, while this set use custom color.

the price you described, $100 + $35, is at 500 MOQ (reference: GMK Striker)
---
let take a look at GMK Jamón:
base (250): $115
numpad (100): $38
---
I also think GMK 9009 has more hype than this set and thus would sell better (I bet this set can easily reach 500 MOQ) - the vendors know this.

Offline okidna

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 01:40:54 »

Because it's single legend, GMK stock color, and the designer removes A LOT of keycaps (compared to 9009 R2).

Compared to R2, the R3 removes :
- Numpad
- Basic ISO support (including 2 colored ISO Enter)
- Extra 2.25U SHIFT
- 2U Shift
- 6U Spacebar
- Stepped Control

That's more than 30 keycaps removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 August 2019, 10:27:28 by okidna »

Offline ecbob

« Reply #209 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 02:16:39 »
If removing the numpad saves money, I'm down for it.

Offline menuhin

Re: [IC]GMK Camping in Japan (update 12/08 updated novelty kit)
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 02:24:41 »
update 12/08: updated novelty kit

Show Image

My idea of a rice ball, without looking more like a negative image of a rice ball in terms of what is lighter and what is darker in colors.

But of course, I haven't considered how using white color on red should have this idea implemented.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 04:24:39 »

I'm aiming for a $135 price point at 250MOQ for the base kit, and about $125 at 500MOQ, I'm pretty sure that 9009 R3 will be at the same price point considered base+num pad with a lot of keys less.
Comparing to Jamon at 250MOQ, I won't say splitting the numpad is saving money if you need both but will cost you more.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 05:17:18 »
Really happy that numpad is included .

Any infos on vendors yet ? Will mykeyboard do this again for EU?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 05:26:55 »
Really happy that numpad is included .

Any infos on vendors yet ? Will mykeyboard do this again for EU?
Yes, we are both located in Belgium

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 05:35:09 »
Perfect

Offline ehmlis

Re: [IC]GMK Camping in Japan
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 07:09:00 »
So hyped for a rerun!

5) JIS keyboards have two more alphas (the yen key in R1 between =+ and 1U backspace and the \_ R4 key between /? and 1.75U right Shift). Given the shortened right Shift is already in the base kit, would the addition of the necessary three keys (yen, 1U backspace and \_) be under consideration?

Also this, so much this!

Offline BeHell

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 10:45:04 »
i really like the novelties except the flowers, but i guess that´s just because i loved the mountains in r1 so much and these novelties are lacking mountains. Really like the tents tho.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 11:32:32 »
Any hope for a pinecone novelty?

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #218 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 11:41:41 »
Any hope for a pinecone novelty?

this

Offline Laughmaster

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 12:55:45 »
I'd just like to point out, the render for the "east" novelty isn't consistent with the other novelty arrows. Looks kinda weird with the arrow and kaji swapped sides for just one of them. Was that intentional?

Offline dallman5

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 13:06:02 »
i really like the novelties except the flowers, but i guess that´s just because i loved the mountains in r1 so much and these novelties are lacking mountains. Really like the tents tho.

I agree about the mountains vs. flowers. I know kingnestea is trying to keep each round unique,  but the mountains fit the theme much better imo. 
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline menuhin

Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline ghost990

• Discord: Weston#9472
    • Dean Designs LLC
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 13:28:30 »
I'd just like to point out, the render for the "east" novelty isn't consistent with the other novelty arrows. Looks kinda weird with the arrow and kaji swapped sides for just one of them. Was that intentional?

Agreed, seems like the arrows and legends should be in consistent locations for all the novelty arrow keys.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #223 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 23:15:43 »

imagine trying to fight someone when the aggressor lost a paypal dispute

tkl should always be a side kit now

Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 00:34:43 »

numpad shouldn't be allowed in base kit like megaforce93 shouldn't be allowed on mechmarket

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 10:39:36 »

Imagine saying something stupid, like thinking that how PayPal decides to rule in disputes is related to fighting me.

Numpad belongs in base kit(in GMK sets at least) because:

- Unnecessarily splitting up kits with GMK is small brain because of their process increasing kit costs and the GB process being simplified with fewer kits
 - Numpad is a relatively small number of keys and impact on overall kit pricing for those keys
 - There is a fairly large number of layouts that can potentially use those keys: Fullsize, 1800, 96key, uk78, left handed variants of anything with a built in numpad, and then just any non-numpad layout with a separate numpad
 - With a large potential percentage of buyers wanting it, having it in a separate kit raises the average paid cost for the set
 - On a set that may have a harder time reaching MOQ anyway, if a separate numpad kit doesn't hit it can cause a significant withdrawal of base kit orders, what usually happens to orders with ISO kits

Overall I think keeping the numpad in the base kit is improving QoL of the GB process and having a minimal effect on those not needing the numpad while making significant difference for those who do need it.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #226 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 13:07:09 »
- On a set that may have a harder time reaching MOQ anyway, if a separate numpad kit doesn't hit it can cause a significant withdrawal of base kit orders, what usually happens to orders with ISO kits
What? I agree with keeping the numpad in the base, especially for smaller group buys (everyone pays ~$15 more instead of numpad bros paying $40 or skipping the buy, and also it makes it easier to resell the set later. If this wasn't in an established colorway, I'd argue in favor on putting the novelties in the base kit like Bento did as.

But this hobby is so full of cash right now that even Handerbeit hit MOQ and this set is based on one of the most hyped sets (that everyone regrets not buying the first time), so it'll hit the 750 mark easily unless it faces particularly tough competition. If the numpad can't hit MOQ with the amount of expected base kit sales, people just really don't want it.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #227 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 14:02:13 »
What? I agree with keeping the numpad in the base, especially for smaller group buys (everyone pays ~$15 more instead of numpad bros paying $40 or skipping the buy, and also it makes it easier to resell the set later. If this wasn't in an established colorway, I'd argue in favor on putting the novelties in the base kit like Bento did as.

But this hobby is so full of cash right now that even Handerbeit hit MOQ and this set is based on one of the most hyped sets (that everyone regrets not buying the first time), so it'll hit the 750 mark easily unless it faces particularly tough competition. If the numpad can't hit MOQ with the amount of expected base kit sales, people just really don't want it.

I was meaning more in general, for less popular sets, and as a reason for numpad in base for GMK sets in general. As with many things, I probably didn't word that as well as I could have.

Offline varzaman

« Reply #228 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 17:36:41 »
This has been brought up a couple of times but I've yet to see a response; would you consider adding novelty arrow keys? The compass arrow inspired arrow keys from R1 really left an impression and I'd love to see them return or see a new design entirely.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about that, but the thing is, the compass arrows are something unique in r1.
I don't want to touch the arrows unless I have better/different inspirations or receive better/different ideas.
Simply recreate another shape of the compass arrows is meaningless imo, in that case I better leave it in r1.
Many are asking for just a rerun of R1, which I always find boring, so I definitely enjoy this kind of attitude.
I agree that an accented arrow kit would be real nice. How about something like a swallow for the icon?

Show Image

There are many ways to stylize / simplify it:

Show Image

Show Image

I think the compass arrows have been made to its perfection in r1.
In the meanwhile, I'm trying something that's the same as the compass arrows but slightly different and fits the theme.
Not sure if it will work.

Long time lurker but I figured I would give my two cents.

If there is one thing that should be carried on from r1, it is the arrow keys. It just fits the camping theme so well, and it doesn't even matter what culture/country/background you come from. It is a ubiquitous symbol that fits camping everywhere. The cardinal directions were basically made for the arrow keys.

I understand you want r2 to be unique, but I don't think adding the cardinal direction arrow keys from r1 would take away from the uniqueness. Idk, I just think they are too good to not include them. It just fits perfectly.

Thanks for putting this together! While I'm not really a fan of the set like I am of r1, I definitely appreciate it and the new novelty keys are looking good.

I also hope you would consider/reconsider doing another run of r1. There is nothing else like it.

edit:

So I have rethought my comments. So I consider modern Japanese style to be more simple and minimalistic, with smooth lines.

So I was thinking maybe the best option here would be to just have the cardinal arrows on the keys and thats it. No label for direction, just the arrow.

It would make it unique from r1, and it would fit the theme better imo, with a cleaner looking key.

« Last Edit: Fri, 16 August 2019, 17:55:43 by lettuceman44 »

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #229 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 22:39:10 »

Handarbeit hitting MOQ is not a metric to grade the market by. Handarbeit was an anomaly fueled by a rather aggressive marketing campaign on multiple fronts.

That being said, I agree that such a hyped set will have no problem hitting moq and this is certainly a case that screams "no numpad"

However the precedent it may set (along with 9009) is that sets have to remove numpads to remain competitively priced and succeed is fairly unnerving. These sets releasing without numpads may be a bad sign going forward for numpad users, as trends very may easily sweep the numpad under the rug for a while.

... and THAT being said, I still hate the numpad.

get rid of it bois

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #230 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 00:16:03 »

Handarbeit hitting MOQ is not a metric to grade the market by. Handarbeit was an anomaly fueled by a rather aggressive marketing campaign on multiple fronts.

That being said, I agree that such a hyped set will have no problem hitting moq and this is certainly a case that screams "no numpad"

However the precedent it may set (along with 9009) is that sets have to remove numpads to remain competitively priced and succeed is fairly unnerving. These sets releasing without numpads may be a bad sign going forward for numpad users, as trends very may easily sweep the numpad under the rug for a while.

get rid of it bois
How many full-size keyboard custom GB are running right now? What are their sales numbers?

>These sets releasing without numpads may be a bad sign going forward for numpad users, as trends very may easily sweep the numpad under the rug for a while.

Is that a bad thing though? Like ISO users: If there are not even enough to reach the tiny MOQ of 50 / 100, well does that say about that user base?

I mean, are we sure there are more numpad users than 40% PLUS ortho users? They have almost the same amount of keys, after all. As we are getting more high-end 40% and/or ortho GBs, why 40% kits and not numpad kits?
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 August 2019, 00:28:43 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #231 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 01:34:54 »
Is this GMK Camping or DoYouLikeNumpad?

I think kingnestea said this is going with Numpad - I think this is not the thread to discuss this over pages.

Still hyped for the set  :thumb:

Offline bball2

« Reply #232 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 01:44:44 »
Looks awesome, I'm definitely in!

Haven't read through the rest of the thread, so it might've already been mentioned, but would you consider adding a red esc / enter to the base kit? Would match what a lot of other gmk sets usually include.

Offline stevenT

« Reply #233 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 02:56:09 »

Haven't read through the rest of the thread, so it might've already been mentioned, but would you consider adding a red esc / enter to the base kit? Would match what a lot of other gmk sets usually include.

Sound good, I love to have another red horizontal red enter button just like many other set but look at the base set bro, it is way too big now.
Personally, I don't think we need both symbol and word on mods button, how about removing word and leave the symbol on mods buttons
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 August 2019, 03:02:08 by stevenT »

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #234 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 03:15:42 »

Sound good, I love to have another red horizontal red enter button just like many other set but look at the base set bro, it is way too big now.
Personally, I don't think we need both symbol and word on mods button, how about removing word and leave the symbol on mods buttons

say no to icon mod tyranny

Offline im_hide

• dont think
« Reply #235 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 04:07:36 »

get rid of it bois

Kill the numpad. Offer it as a sacrifice to the omnipotent higher beings of the keyboarding world.

Offline Abec13

« Reply #236 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 16:08:06 »
Is there any chance of minimal 40s keys for this set? i.e. 175 Enter, 125 Tab, R2 Escape. That'd be it.

Or, for ortho, you can check in with GMK Minimal for the smolest ortho kit.

Often 40s compat gets lost in the dust with some of the smaller keycap sets that come out but I can't imagine a Camping off-shoot to miss MOQ on any kits within reason.
45-ATS | Adelie | Gentoo | Volcano 660 | Think 6.5 v2 | SKOG | 7V | Hello M0110
[/url]

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #237 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 17:23:41 »
Is there any chance of minimal 40s keys for this set? i.e. 175 Enter, 125 Tab, R2 Escape. That'd be it.

Often 40s compat gets lost in the dust with some of the smaller keycap sets that come out but I can't imagine a Camping off-shoot to miss MOQ on any kits within reason.

Yes, would also love to see 40's support, if at the very least just 40's ortho.

Since your spacebar kit already has a 2u bar, you'd only need 4, 1u keys:

R2: Out
R3: Data or Read
R4: Enter and Shift

Optional, but nice to have would be 2, 1u convex keys.

Thanks for considering!

Op

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #238 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 17:33:26 »

Thanks for considering!

Op
I like thes idea, ambiguous legends are so much nicer than 4 escape keys and 2 tab keys (and cheaper too)

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #239 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 21:34:06 »
I wish Japanese sublegend alphas were a separate kit. If not, then please offer a separate kit of alphas without the sublegends.
I like everything else though

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #240 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 03:14:23 »

Thanks for considering!

Op

I'm not a 40s expert, I don't have any ortho board neither...
But I'd like to consider offer a minimum 40s kit.
What is the correct row and size of keys?

Offline ST999

« Reply #241 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 10:20:39 »
As many have already stated, I would like to have an alphas kit without the hiragana sub legends.

Apart from that the novelties look really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kingnestea

Re: [IC]GMK Camping in Japan (update 18/08: updated base and novelty kit)
« Reply #242 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 15:10:27 »
Update 18/08/2019: Kit design rev. 2

Offline ghost990

• Discord: Weston#9472
    • Dean Designs LLC
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 15:47:44 »
Update 18/08/2019: Kit design rev. 2

Show Image

Show Image

Fantastic update :D Excited for the GB

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #244 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 16:43:16 »
I wish Japanese sublegend alphas were a separate kit. If not, then please offer a separate kit of alphas without the sublegends.

As many have already stated, I would like to have an alphas kit without the hiragana sub legends.

this is camping in japan

you're thinking of camping
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 August 2019, 16:45:40 by Krelbit »

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #245 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 16:52:06 »

this is camping in japan

I think a lot of people are not getting the fact this a separate set from Camping, not Camping Rd.2. Camping was popular enough in both GMK & SA that I'm sure we'll see another round of one or the other sooner than later. So don't get to worked up about no mono legend alphas with this set guys!
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 August 2019, 16:53:41 by Rob27shred »

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #246 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 17:28:38 »
Ne pinecone novelty avail?

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #247 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 21:17:57 »
Camping was popular enough in both GMK & SA that I'm sure we'll see another round of one or the other sooner than later. So don't get to worked up about no mono legend alphas with this set guys!

except that this set only exists because the runner doesn't want to make an r2 because the owners of r1 will be sad

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 02:37:31 »

this is camping in japan

No. I'm not. I'm thinking that the concept is well represented enough in the Novelties.

I lived in Japan.
I can type in Japanese. The sublegends aren't pleasant looking to me--they're too busy without being functional.

Just something I've been wondering:
How much support do Japanese people give towards Hiragana or Katakana sublegends?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 02:43:35 »

this is camping in japan

No. I'm not. I'm thinking that the concept is well represented enough in the Novelties.

I lived in Japan.
I can type in Japanese. The sublegends aren't pleasant looking to me--they're too busy without being functional.

Just something I've been wondering:
How much support do Japanese people give towards Hiragana or Katakana sublegends?

GMK sets don't have foreign sublegends because the designers want to offer a keyset to that demographic (in this case towards Japanese), they have sublegends because people think they are cool. So the question is not "how much support do Japanese people give" but "how much support do keyboard people give".