Author Topic: [IC] LightSaver V2 Round 2  (Read 221823 times)

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Re: [IC] LightSaver V2 Round 2
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 23:01:29 »
Shipping:
Shipping will be from South Korea with EMS.  Shipping cost will depend on your location.  Each set weighs about --- kg with packaging, so you will be looking at row --- kg.

So was the weight ever listed anywhere? Crazy shipping cost might push me out due to the Canadian dollar already making this a squeeze...

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 23:05:35 »
Shipping:
Shipping will be from South Korea with EMS.  Shipping cost will depend on your location.  Each set weighs about --- kg with packaging, so you will be looking at row --- kg.

So was the weight ever listed anywhere? Crazy shipping cost might push me out due to the Canadian dollar already making this a squeeze...

Most likely shipping will be around ~50 USD that's what it was for my octagon.

Offline ceflame

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 23:06:58 »
Shipping:

According to the previous groupbuy, shipping was $59 USD to Canada: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akw9rY8oi1o6dDZDVE9IWWc0OGNkc19hcGx6TjN3c2c&single=true&gid=2&output=html

I might be in, depending on if I can sell off my granite set and my GON order..

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 23:24:10 »
Thanks a lot for the info :thumb:

I should be getting a performance bonus in the next few days, going to wait on that before fully committing :D

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 23:49:28 »

I should be getting a performance bonus in the next few days, going to wait on that before fully committing :D

We'll all have time. After we get appx 35-40 names on this list it's still a month or two before it can turn into a real GB, longer if Duck/Elton are already tied up.
We just made this thread to say, "YES WE NEED MORE LSv2!"
And with that...

YES, WE NEED MORE LSv2! [not me personally, but the world!]

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 23:51:51 »
I really hope we have a pcb only option.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 00:59:19 »

We'll all have time. After we get appx 35-40 names on this list it's still a month or two before it can turn into a real GB, longer if Duck/Elton are already tied up.
And with that...

Lies, YOU NEED MORE LSv2!

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 10:41:30 »

And with that...

Congrats, you convinced me. I am in for the full kit, probably in Grey  :D

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 12:50:18 »
I really hope we have a pcb only option.

Anyone looking for PCB only can proxy a REDSCARFIII pcb from taobao.
These have been designed specifically to fit LS and Octagon cases; as well as the redscarf case.
Else you can wait and cross your fingers this happens quick.

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 15:46:11 »
I might be in, depending on if I can sell off my granite set and my GON order..

I might be interested in your granite set, what have you got?

Offline Want

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 16:17:39 »
Yessir, I'm in for one.
Been looking forward to this for a while now.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 16:19:30 »
Yessir, I'm in for one.
Been looking forward to this for a while now.

Great! Now spread the word and convince people that they "want" this keyboard!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 16:28:53 »
A thread on Deskthority and reddit would probably get us quite a ways.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 16:56:08 »

Probably not reddit.

Everyone on reddit that doesn't actively bash any keyboard that costs more than 350 dollars is already on GH...
null

Offline feizor

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:04:12 »

Probably not reddit.

Everyone on reddit that doesn't actively bash any keyboard that costs more than 350 dollars is already on GH...

:))

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:15:45 »

Probably not reddit.

Yep, they a bunch of scrubs.

Offline SL89

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:25:28 »
As someone with feet in both camps, the eternal zomg redditards and lmfao geekwhack stuff gets really old, someone put a PSA up on both, its a group buy and besides the salty dude in ghostofharrys tai hao gb, everyone is pretty decent in pursuit of great keys and awesome boards. if you want more people who can contribute and you think reddit is a dead end, its your duty at the least to illuminate them and let them know that GH has quality stuff. /endrant

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:30:21 »
As someone with feet in both camps, the eternal zomg redditards and lmfao geekwhack stuff gets really old, someone put a PSA up on both, its a group buy and besides the salty dude in ghostofharrys tai hao gb, everyone is pretty decent in pursuit of great keys and awesome boards. if you want more people who can contribute and you think reddit is a dead end, its your duty at the least to illuminate them and let them know that GH has quality stuff. /endrant

True. I also browse both and it's rather silly for one group to be snooty towards the other. It wouldn't hurt to get more eyes on this great board.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:35:47 »
this tread is headed a little off topic but I can see some of the ideology from /r/mk. If someone came over here from deskthority and became a mod and was saying stuff being my only information on the site i would probably take their word on it.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:44:28 »
I guess what I was asking wasn't whether should be posted there, but rather would taylordcraig like to create the threads in those places? I'd be happy to post on reddit, but I feel awkward doing that when I'm not the one running the IC.

Please don't flood this thread with any more discussion around the merits of posting in each place, lets get back to the topic at hand:

What switches are subjectively best on a LightSaver? Personally I've been wanting a 62g Clear board for a while, but I have a hard time tearing myself away from linear switches.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:45:31 »
I guess what I was asking wasn't whether should be posted there, but rather would taylordcraig like to create the threads in those places? I'd be happy to post on reddit, but I feel awkward doing that when I'm not the one running the IC.

Please don't flood this thread with any more discussion around the merits of posting in each place, lets get back to the topic at hand:

What switches are subjectively best on a LightSaver? Personally I've been wanting a 62g Clear board for a while, but I have a hard time tearing myself away from linear switches.
im liking my 85g spring in clears.

Offline anguirus

• last.fm
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 18:17:30 »
saw this ic on /r/mechmarket, that was definitely a good idea to post it there :)
I'm definitely in on this if/when it does happen, I've been looking at kustoms for a long time now and Lightsaver is one of my favorite notable designs (and I've finally got the advance notice to start saving for once :)))

Offline ceflame

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 18:32:23 »

Probably not reddit.

I use both and I don't understand why people need to bash so much (I'm guessing it stems mostly from the artisan cap controversy), but whatever, this is about LS v2. Honestly, posting this onto the main r/mechanicalkeyboard subreddit displaying some glamour shots and pricing would garner some more interest. This was literally the first board and layout that I saw a year ago which made me start to obsess over keyboards and want to throw all my non-existent money at it.

Group buys are also usually the easiest way to convert people over anyways  :))

Count me in for a full kit

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 19:10:24 »

Probably not reddit.

I use both and I don't understand why people need to bash so much (I'm guessing it stems mostly from the artisan cap controversy), but whatever, this is about LS v2. Honestly, posting this onto the main r/mechanicalkeyboard subreddit displaying some glamour shots and pricing would garner some more interest. This was literally the first board and layout that I saw a year ago which made me start to obsess over keyboards and want to throw all my non-existent money at it.

Group buys are also usually the easiest way to convert people over anyways  :))

Count me in for a full kit
I wasn't bashing reddit at all. Just pointing out the fact that anyone on reddit that would be willing to buy a Korean custom is already over here.

Nearly every GB that isn't run through MassDrop or SP gets stomped on over at reddit.

Just look at every single post regarding any GB involving GMK keycaps. People try to explain how PBT is not necessarily better than ABS and then you get 10-20 people come in and spam stuff like... "Vortex makes PBT sets for 1/10th the price, these keycaps are a rip off," or stuff like "These keycaps cost more than my keyboard."

Reddit is great for casual browsing and for seeing pictures of keyboards but it's just that... a casual place to post keyboard stuff. It's not really a place for continual conversation or discourse. Unfortunately, this casual, non-committal atmosphere also cultivates a disproportionate amount of trolls due to the simple fact that a humorous jab at someone gets more upvotes than posting anything constructive.

Don't even get me started on Clacks and Bros... people over there are already attributing K3KC for the design of the BroBot V2 and of the Skull Clack. Just yesterday, I read someone posting about how great the"iBot design" is... /facepalm

In any case I'm one of the more active posters on /r/mk and I spend a lot of time scrolling through the sub. Both GH and /r/mk have their own strengths but I'm just worried that posting a GB that costs this much over there will only lead to frustration and anger.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2015, 19:14:36 by Sygaldry »
null

Offline ceflame

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 19:44:46 »
I wasn't bashing reddit at all. Just pointing out the fact that anyone on reddit that would be willing to buy a Korean custom is already over here.

Nearly every GB that isn't run through MassDrop or SP gets stomped on over at reddit.

Just look at every single post regarding any GB involving GMK keycaps. People try to explain how PBT is not necessarily better than ABS and then you get 10-20 people come in and spam stuff like... "Vortex makes PBT sets for 1/10th the price, these keycaps are a rip off," or stuff like "These keycaps cost more than my keyboard."

Reddit is great for casual browsing and for seeing pictures of keyboards but it's just that... a casual place to post keyboard stuff. It's not really a place for continual conversation or discourse. Unfortunately, this casual, non-committal atmosphere also cultivates a disproportionate amount of trolls due to the simple fact that a humorous jab at someone gets more upvotes than posting anything constructive.

Don't even get me started on Clacks and Bros... people over there are already attributing K3KC for the design of the BroBot V2 and of the Skull Clack. Just yesterday, I read someone posting about how great the"iBot design" is... /facepalm

In any case I'm one of the more active posters on /r/mk and I spend a lot of time scrolling through the sub. Both GH and /r/mk have their own strengths but I'm just worried that posting a GB that costs this much over there will only lead to frustration and anger.

Sorry for bad wording, wasn't suggesting that you were bashing reddit at all. Just that there's way more bashing than needed at all in general between the two communities.

Though I think you're being too harsh saying that nearly all GH groupbuys are stomped over at reddit. Intelli's GMK TA post on reddit was pretty well received. Every single negative or uninformed comment was downvoted and received discussion which covered the points of the complaint. I think it was mostly people trying to compare GMK Miami with the Tai Hao.

I agree that GeekHack is MUCH better for discussion and whatnot, actual forum layout is always the best for that. I don't really see troll comments as much in the smaller reddit threads, only when it is blown up, since I usually pop in and answer some simple questions for people that have them.

I'm not an artisan cap person myself, so I'd prefer not to delve deeper into discussion about that either. I'll just say that some of the people I've seen in the past need to reconsider their beliefs. The more recent posts about K3KC on reddit generally seemed more positive though.

I honestly think that a LightSaver v2 interest check wouldn't hurt if put on reddit. I mean, hwood's Gateron GB got a positive response even with MassDrop showing up with their own buy. Pretty sure this is perfect timing for people who joined that GB as well to get in on this.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2015, 19:46:26 by ceflame »

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 19:52:14 »
Just so you guys know. Taylordcraig already posted it to reddit. It got only a few up votes and faded from the front page after only one day. Let's get this back on topic to get more interest.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 19:54:45 »
Does anyone know if this supports lock switches?

Offline minh278

• In life we will only fall, How far will we fall?
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 19:57:13 »
it should support any mx switch.

Any reasons to get this over a redscarf96?
Keyboards:  Final Fantasy XI XIth Anniversary keyboard (topre 45g) | Realforce Rgb (topre 45g, Eva Noctilucous keyset) | Mionix Zibal 60 (mx black, Vortex doubleshot) | Greymark (white alps) | IBM model M (found in the trash!)

Offline ceflame

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 19:57:49 »
Just so you guys know. Taylordcraig already posted it to reddit. It got only a few up votes and faded from the front page after only one day. Let's get this back on topic to get more interest.

That was only on mechmarket though.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 20:01:54 »

AFAIK rs96 only supports bottom row layouts. Ie no short right shift.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 20:10:15 »

AFAIK rs96 only supports bottom row layouts. Ie no short right shift.

RS96 does support short right shift.

In terms of the PCB, it looks like the RedScarf III 96 has more features but the Duck case is phenomenal.

If I had the money to join another GB I'd order the Lightsaver case and go with the Red Scarf PCB.
null

Offline deci

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 20:27:23 »
Put me on the list.  :thumb:

I'm in for a grey one and some blockers (not sure how many yet).

Offline SL89

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 23:20:31 »
when i end up building this it will be 100g or up if i can get the springs in time! but im torn between Clear or Green as my jumping off point.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 00:08:55 »

As others have said. I hit up reddit. I'll post one in R/MK/ too.

saw this ic on /r/mechmarket, that was definitely a good idea to post it there :)
I'm definitely in on this if/when it does happen, I've been looking at kustoms for a long time now and Lightsaver is one of my favorite notable designs (and I've finally got the advance notice to start saving for once :)))

See ^? :P

Yup, I hate the endless and pointless bashing. Let's agree that we love keyboards and then buy them.

It does support lock switches, I have one in mine.

Also, there's no reason unless you like the case more. The RS3 PCB was actually designed to fit the duck cases, underside LEDs and all.
As a side note, I own V1, V2 and a RS3. So there's that... :) Both is always the right answer.

Offline ceflame

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 00:39:46 »
Count me in for a full set as well :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 March 2015, 00:41:24 by ceflame »

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 00:56:49 »
Halfway point reached boys (and girls)! Let's do this  :thumb:

Offline Ouro

• Laughable
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 10:48:48 »
When would this group buy run?

Offline xauser

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 11:41:59 »
Is there a way to get only red scarfIII pcb and plate from taobao? Any links?

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
null

Offline xauser

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 11:55:58 »
Thank you!

Offline deci

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 12:07:34 »
I'm so excited for this.

It is my favorite of all the custom keyboards.

And for some reason, I have always been away from the scene when there was a group buy for one.

Considering how many people have posted about this board in the LightSaver and Viper group buy threads, there's no way we won't make 30  :p

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 12:08:43 »
I'm so excited for this.

It is my favorite of all the custom keyboards.

And for some reason, I have always been away from the scene when there was a group buy for one.

Considering how many people have posted about this board in the LightSaver and Viper group buy threads, there's no way we won't make 30  :p

Hopefully the steam doesn't die down. It would be great to get to the 30 required people in the next week or so to show Duck we are serious.

Offline SL89

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 12:35:26 »
TaylorCraig, if its ok with you, i'd like to put this up on DeskThority as well. You can if you are a member but like radio_killah said, i'd like to hit the 30 sooner rather then later and i think at least some of them would be interested.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:38:55 »
FYI, a post has gone up on reddit.

I posted some of the watermarked pictures from the Post your LightSaver keyboard photos thread in the comments via imgur (which can be viewed inline) to try and stir up some more interest.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 10:59:18 »
You need to hit a lot more than MOQ in the interest check.  I would estimate the IC->GB conversion rate at 60%

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:19:11 »
Consider me interested!

I've always wanted a custom korean and the LSv2 looks too great to not buy it.
Would be awesome if we could make this happen!
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline Atredl

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 12:29:20 »
Count me in. I'm definitely interested.

Offline animated

• uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:16:58 »
Only thing holding me back is the possible Orion GB.  I want to see the cost and options before I make my decision between LSV2 and Orion  :thumb:

FYI leaning towards the LSV2, but you never know.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2015, 15:24:25 by animated »
Das Browns, Filco Reds, Filco Blues, Leopold FC750R Reds, B.87 and B.Pad Gateron Blacks 65G Korean Springs, Varmillo VA87MR Gateron Blacks w/ Aluminum Case

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 17:42:56 »
I am definitely going to get a v2 pcb and plate, and may be a case.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 18:01:22 »
Only thing holding me back is the possible Orion GB.  I want to see the cost and options before I make my decision between LSV2 and Orion  :thumb:

FYI leaning towards the LSV2, but you never know.
you aren't concerned with the vastly different layouts? i wish i had that kind of flexibility, would give me a lot more options wrt GBs