Author Topic: Ridiculous thing you want, but will never be able to afford  (Read 24021 times)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: Ridiculous thing you want, but will never be able to afford
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 22:47:27 »
The answer is not to make more people and put them on Mars. The answer, is to stop making more people. Mandatory vasectomies across the globe!!! Or some sort of chemical spray that leaves us all infertile....

sup joe mengele
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 23:50:41 »
My proposals are peaceful, and don't involve .... certain religious / ethnic groups. Or surgery with no anesthesia...Eek! How come people react negatively when I start talking about population control? We're only mammals after all.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 23:52:40 »
My proposals are peaceful, and don't involve .... certain religious / ethnic groups. Or surgery with no anesthesia...Eek! How come people react negatively when I start talking about population control? We're only mammals after all.
yeah just forcibly sterilize EVERYBODY instead of a few  groups. at least that way nobody can call you a racist... just plain maniacal :))
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 23:53:20 »
Population is one of those things my universal remote was never good at controlling. I want a refund.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 00:08:33 »
yeah just forcibly sterilize EVERYBODY instead of a few  groups. at least that way nobody can call you a racist... just plain maniacal :))
Or just a random lottery system for the worlds population set up for a 50% win ratio. The losers get turned into food.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 00:31:29 »
You make it sound so horrible. I'd rather live in a world where we absolutely cherish our new born babies.... See it as a privilege to reproduce.... Instead of "Oh I popped out 8 babies and guess what? I'm an American citizen with no job, so for every baby I have, I get a nice pay check every month. My baby daddy is gonna re-up on crack with that welfare check, and we gettin an Escalade. Where my food stamps at?? I want a bag of chips and some soda." --- All the while you have Ethiopian kids that simply don't have food or clean water to survive.

Every 10 years under my population control plan, we would allow REGISTERED in vitro fertilization. (In vitro, due to what ever miracle we can come up with, to stop sex from resulting in a new life. And don't say condoms - Nobody Likes Condoms.)

Or just a random lottery system for the worlds population set up for a 50% win ratio. The losers get turned into food.
Interesting. Cannibalism will definitely grow in popularity when we run out of.... well, other sources of food. I hear people taste like pork.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 00:41:39 »
You make it sound so horrible. I'd rather live in a world where we absolutely cherish our new born babies.... See it as a privilege to reproduce.... Instead of "Oh I popped out 8 babies and guess what? I'm an American citizen with no job, so for every baby I have, I get a nice pay check every month. My baby daddy is gonna re-up on crack with that welfare check, and we gettin an Escalade. Where my food stamps at?? I want a bag of chips and some soda." --- All the while you have Ethiopian kids that simply don't have food or clean water to survive.

Every 10 years under my population control plan, we would allow REGISTERED in vitro fertilization. (In vitro, due to what ever miracle we can come up with, to stop sex from resulting in a new life. And don't say condoms - Nobody Likes Condoms.)

what credentials do you have to back up the effectiveness of your 'plan'?

dude that welfare-queen BS is hella bunk and rooted in really classist and racist assumptions. i'm not calling you a racist but recognize that stereotype is something that rich white guys (sup reagan) made up to make you hate people without easy access to effective birth control, comprehensive family planning or sex education. the whole point of it is to demonize people on welfare and make you think less of them as human beings with real problems that we can actually do something about, unlike forcing sterilization on a population that you don't find sympathy for. that and it does double duty to hide the fact that the government provides more tax breaks to corporations and wastes billions of dollars on subpar contract work, and the amount of money spent on those activities absolutely dwarfs the amount of money we spend on welfare programs.

check the assumptions you make about a population before deciding that you get to judge who gets to have babies and who doesnt. there are actual, real, effective, temporary and reversible male birth control methods coming out (ryzex!!) that cause far less harm to everybody involved than even traditional hormonal birth control commonly prescribed to women.

though i'd say your premise easily fits the thread title -- ridiculous!  :))
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 February 2013, 00:43:58 by sth »

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 00:53:50 »
Why are statists so obsessed with controlling other people?

It's creepy.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 00:56:16 »
I know people who don't deserve the government help they receive. Credentials? I did mention that it would take a miracle to do exactly what it is I'm proposing.

People that have access to stuff like this "ryzex?" you mentioned? Fine - but what about third world countries? Or people who have a baby every 9 months, because "they love Jesus." Those are the countries / religious groups (do I need to name names?) that will eventually cause competition between fellow human beings to drastically lower the standard of living, world-wide.

Yes it is definitely a far fetched idea. No the world is not yet ready for it. Sure there are birth controls available. But mark my words, one of our future generations WILL see a drop in population. Apparently, it will be very violent because people are too proud and think they are so damn entitled.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 01:01:46 »
I know people who don't deserve the government help they receive. Credentials? I did mention that it would take a miracle to do exactly what it is I'm proposing.

People that have access to stuff like this "ryzex?" you mentioned? Fine - but what about third world countries? Or people who have a baby every 9 months, because "they love Jesus." Those are the countries / religious groups (do I need to name names?) that will eventually cause competition between fellow human beings to drastically lower the standard of living, world-wide.

Yes it is definitely a far fetched idea. No the world is not yet ready for it. Sure there are birth controls available. But mark my words, one of our future generations WILL see a drop in population. Apparently, it will be very violent because people are too proud and think they are so damn entitled.

entitled to have children? damn dude you are playing with some weird fire here.

are you a scientist or professional in the field of population study and reproductive statistics or are you just speculating based on classist/racist myths perpetuated by conservative lawmakers?

i'm not saying population growth is not an issue that should be seriously studied and considered (though there are some who say that overpopulation is vastly overblown as a pressing issue), but shooting people with no-baby darts will never be the answer.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 February 2013, 01:03:23 by sth »

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 01:09:04 »
Hey first of all, peace. Peace and happiness.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=population+capacity+of+earth&oq=population+capacity+of+earth&gs_l=hp.3..0j0i5i30j0i8i30.1686.4906.1.5032.16.10.1.4.4.0.150.891.8j2.10.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.2.hp.bIVm4W4HGZ8&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42261806,d.cGE&fp=46b32df0a3da7317&biw=1920&bih=979

^ The above is a google search for "population capacity of earth" --- it's simple logic. You don't need to be a professor to see my point. You keep mentioning that I think I get to decide who does and doesn't have babies --- Everybody gets to have a baby. Once every 10 to 20 years.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 01:49:13 »
You're all just cattle for the slaughter! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO guys I am indeed a mad scientist, but also I'm not a nazi scientist, or Ronald Reagan. I'm just a 22 y/o kid with a vision - may sound ****ed up to you, but I aint talkin about killin. I really do apologize if I struck a wrong chord with you sth, or anybody else.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 February 2013, 01:53:08 by Flip »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 02:03:01 »
You're all just cattle for the slaughter! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO guys I am indeed a mad scientist, but also I'm not a nazi scientist, or Ronald Reagan. I'm just a 22 y/o kid with a vision - may sound ****ed up to you, but I aint talkin about killin. I really do apologize if I struck a wrong chord with you sth, or anybody else.

nah man i just wanna hear you defend your claim :)

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 02:23:54 »
Good to know - I really do enjoy a good debate  :D

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 06:46:24 »
nah man i just wanna hear you defend your claim :)

Why? You never defend yours.

Offline iri

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 09:09:58 »
you have a separate thread for debates. wouldn't you mind to move your current conversation there?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 10:19:52 »
Back on topic...

I want a massive amount of land in a rural area with 4+ modern and extremely eco-friendly living structures. It would be a giant compound for family and friends to live on or vacation to.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 10:57:51 »
The unaffordable:

A card that allows me for unlimited free stay in any hotel room in the planet.  (If it even exist)
A 2 storey condo unit.
Ai Shinozaki  (Go google her)
1:1 Ratio life size Zeta Gundam  (They currently have Original Gundam in Japan)

Now the potentially affordable but don't want to spend the cash for it:

Subaru Impreza STi
Topre + Topre Aluminum Case
MKC Filco Aluminum Case (No longer available)

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline keyboardlover

Re: Re: Ridiculous thing you want, but will never be able to afford
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 13 February 2013, 10:58:42 »
Back on topic...

I want a massive amount of land in a rural area with 4+ modern and extremely eco-friendly living structures. It would be a giant compound for family and friends to live on or vacation to.

Hey roomie!

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 20:50:12 »
Aston Martin Zagato
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 21:34:17 »
How about the Aston Martin One-77
13552-0

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 01:26:17 »
One-77 is such a beautiful car.. *drool*

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 22:32:09 »
How about the Aston Martin One-77
Good angle shot - It's a Masterpiece!
    but I found it a bit too Covertty from the side.
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 01:56:40 »
That looks good until I noticed the front outer vents connecting to the headlights.
It makes the fender look like it's hanging off in mid air.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 17 February 2013, 08:54:36 »
That looks good until I noticed the front outer vents connecting to the headlights.
It makes the fender look like it's hanging off in mid air.

Agreed - I've seen this problem before
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline kboardvintage

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 02:40:05 »
How old are you guys..?? most of these things are all very affordable assuming you have a basic Job in the United States.

.....Assuming no serious Obama fallout....  :D

I live in Singapore, the small area of hell where you have to fork out 90k to buy a certificate which entitles you to even own a car......before you even buy a car........ :'(

Essentially a piece of paper which is worth 90k........(and its per car you own btw)

Woot?! Could you explain me that better? I am planning to move to Singapore and I cannot live without car!

Offline tauburn

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 21:31:50 »
I want a professional grade espresso machine.

SOMEDAY

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 22:52:14 »
Yeah but then you have to make it yourself!  Few bucks will get you a professionally made espresso drink without doing any work!

Offline compgeke

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 23:07:50 »
I wish I could afford my sanity back, but we all you you can't buy that  :(.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 00:06:05 »
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline tauburn

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 12:16:00 »
Yeah but then you have to make it yourself!  Few bucks will get you a professionally made espresso drink without doing any work!

A few bucks is a preposterous price to pay for something which has a true value of maybe 15 cents. Pretty much any food is better made by yourself as long as you know how anyway. I don't have any coffee shops near me anyway. Not to mention.... leaving the house.... mrehhhh