Author Topic: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Shipping!  (Read 296640 times)

Offline Buster69

Re: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Color-matching complete!
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 13:01:32 »
Take orders for R2 already to lump in with R1??  ^-^

That wouldn't be a big **** you to people that have been waiting 2.5 years

You're right it wouldn't, since they'll still get their set and other people would have the opportunity to jump in too.
Or did you want your keyset to stay exclusive and have small numbers for some reason? Why would that be?

Ya, we want the keyset to stay exclusive for now because we did our time in the trenches.

I am sure this set will be ran many more times like GMK Laser - IF the set comes out nicely which is why a vendor would not open the floodgates now. Risk. R2's exist and usually have small revisions. And who even knows if GMK can just double or triple a production order. I don't know, I'm no hamster scientist.

This has been talked about into the ground. There are walls of text a couple of pages back, avail yourself. New subject  :))

No vendor will care about how much time you invested waiting for their product. If they feel there is a way to make more profit they will.

You are a regular Warren Buffet lol. Dead subject

Offline WetRacoon

« Reply #451 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 00:28:38 »
The year is 2299.  Much of the planet lays barren, bereft of the rich ecological and artificial wonders which had defined it for so long.  The cults of its “leaders” now withered down to but hundreds, huddled in underground caverns, forsaking their sisters and brothers, devoted still to their immeasurably irrational cause.  Pallid skin heaves with each breath, a scorched atmosphere turning the sun from life-giver into life-taker.  Radiation.  Terra.  Death.

The poles did not fare much better, as one hundred years of rebellion and civil war left nothing but a wreckage of lost hope, hope for a rescued future.  Hope for survival.  What wandered the vast frozen research facilities now wasn’t Homo Sapiens.  It was Homo Abominis.  What redeemable aspects of the human form there were before were now lost to time, and this newer more savage form…it retained the worst of us.  To rape and to pillage.  This was the new destiny.

It would be dishonest to claim the state of the globe was mankind’s doing alone; the Great Annihilator had ensured that it drank deeply from the wound of a dying animal.  None saw their true form.  All that was ever visible was the monstrous, eldritch ships, hung dark in the sky as feeding cables strung like lights met the surface of the planet.  The alien must have been disappointed to see a planet which had consumed itself, when they had such hunger to consume it themselves.  This did not stop them from taking specimens for their own experiments.

It could be said that there was still some improvement on this dying world; damnation was equal.  Damnation for the poor.  Damnation for the rich.  Income equality vanished, along with income.  The “Slug Lords”, ruinous pits of lust and consumption, using the desperate and poor for their own vile needs grasped at their rule for a decade.  Suffice to say, the alien did find plentiful nutrition when they turned down the offer from the shadow of the formerly rich; their phallic feeding tubes instead buried themselves into their negotiators, the soft protein driving the war engines of the Annihilator towards its next inexorable conquest.

We find ourselves here then.  At the end of all stories.  Perhaps the universe is…what was that?  The earth shudders in a dozen locations.  Secret vaults open.  Salvation may lay inside.  There is more to tell.

The year is 2299.  Dracula…has finished color matching.

Offline ab042896

« Reply #452 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 09:27:13 »

Ya, we want the keyset to stay exclusive for now because we did our time in the trenches.

No vendor will care about how much time you invested waiting for their product. If they feel there is a way to make more profit they will.

just to hop on, if you personally see added value in your purchase of a consumer product by virtue of others not having access to it, IMO that is such a miserable mentality. But hey, at the end of the day I guess that's what Group Buys create, a special sense of belonging and exclusivity.

I hope for everyone in on this GB's sake that the colours turn out great, and more round(s) are offered up to those that missed out so anyone can enjoy what will hopefully be an excellent set.

...just wanted to devolve the thread a little more ;)

Offline Buster69

« Reply #453 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 19:25:14 »

just to hop on, if you personally see added value in your purchase of a consumer product by virtue of others not having access to it, IMO that is such a miserable mentality. But hey, at the end of the day I guess that's what Group Buys create, a special sense of belonging and exclusivity.

I hope for everyone in on this GB's sake that the colours turn out great, and more round(s) are offered up to those that missed out so anyone can enjoy what will hopefully be an excellent set.

...just wanted to devolve the thread a little more ;)

It was mostly a joke lol. I provided reasoning why it wouldn't be feasible to just open up more orders before R1 even ships... Just tired of the whining and the subject has been beat to death in here

Offline andreiborisov

[GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Color-matching complete!
« Reply #454 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 10:13:43 »
This set is good and all, but I’m more interested in other sets pikku-allu is cooking up behind the scenes (assuming he is)
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 May 2021, 10:16:06 by andreiborisov »

Offline regionfree

« Reply #455 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 04:04:05 »
Looking good for 2025! This is it, folks! Almost there!

Offline rookybomb

« Reply #456 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 17:04:36 »
Hoping this to turn out nicely

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 19:39:45 »
WTB a set of this. PM me bb

Offline Auracity

« Reply #458 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 20:54:33 »
Is Dracula in the back of production que? Or does it get some type of priority?

People previously have said that it gets queue priority

Is Dracula in the back of production que? Or does it get some type of priority?

Production is queued before colour matching is finished.

Offline cutemelon

« Reply #459 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 23:22:09 »
Wtb the minify set if someone doesn't want/need theirs

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Cloakedbug

« Reply #460 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 22:31:19 »
Woooooo! Great news! Any chance we can get some pics of the latest samples?
Throw us a little tasty bone maybe :P

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #461 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 01:39:22 »
Was hoping an update from the omnitype site. But its still the april update. I hope the ETA is in 2021.

Offline Pylon

« Reply #462 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 22:20:18 »
Seems like an update was posted on the Timelines. It's estimated to ship from GMK in early August, and to customers in September.

https://omnitype.com/blogs/timelines/gmk-dracula

Still a bit disappointing given that it's going to be almost 2 years since GB once it ships, and I was hoping for higher production priority from GMK, but it's likely that they're constrained by the lead times of their plastic resin supplier and that GMK themselves can't do much about that.  It's also 3000 sets, which is a lot.

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #463 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 06:46:05 »
Still a bit disappointing given that it's going to be almost 2 years since GB once it ships, and I was hoping for higher production priority from GMK, but it's likely that they're constrained by the lead times of their plastic resin supplier and that GMK themselves can't do much about that.  It's also 3000 sets, which is a lot.

I hear what you're saying but I'm just ecstatic that it is even going to exist while I'm still alive.  For a bit it was looking like it was the keyset of vampires, for vampires.

Offline WHAT!?

• WHAT!?
« Reply #464 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 11:18:30 »
I guess if everything I read is correct I should be getting Dracula and Cyberspace right around the same time or at least within a couple months of each other.

Gonna go from none of it to all of it. lol

Now I just have to make it through the next few weeks resisting the urge to order the R2 of Dual Shot...

Offline neah12

« Reply #465 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 16:45:00 »
i'm really happy to get this set soon, it's my first gmk set and for a few moments i was a afraid to not see this exist😥

Offline tonyjones

• I like big butts and I cannot lie.
« Reply #466 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 11:37:28 »
Market value of this set will be $500 due to the numerous color matching

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #467 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 20:29:45 »

I am sure this set will be ran many more times like GMK Laser - IF the set comes out nicely which is why a vendor would not open the floodgates now. Risk. R2's exist and usually have small revisions. And who even knows if GMK can just double or triple a production order. I don't know, I'm no hamster scientist.

This has been talked about into the ground. There are walls of text a couple of pages back, avail yourself. New subject  :))

i have 2 base kits on order and i would be very happy if vendors were able to increase their initial order for more extras so that more people could get in on this GB. i missed out on the darling gb (was traveling and forgot to buy) and it would have been awesome if there were more extras to go around.
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
Re: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Shipping from GMK to vendors!
« Reply #468 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 11:40:18 »
> Starting 'update' ...
> Uploading: geekhack/group_buys/gmk-dracula/update.tar.gz
> [=============================] 100% 0.0s

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ GB_STATUS.txt ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
└── GB_shipping_from_GMK/

GMK Dracula is shipping to vendors from GMK!
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 September 2021, 11:42:03 by pikku-allu »

Offline A.Belousov

« Reply #469 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 11:48:25 »
Holy Molly, can't believe, 2 years later....

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #470 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 11:53:58 »
glad to see this is going to be a thing, congrats!

and now the hunt for extras begins

Offline dak148

« Reply #471 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 12:21:49 »
Is this a record for longest gb to in-hand GMK set?

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #472 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 12:47:31 »

Yes.

With the way that Modern Dolch shipping went, we may have these in hand in 4 or 5 more months!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #473 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 13:00:30 »

Unless you wanna count the OG round of hyperfuse

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #474 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 13:13:15 »

Unless you wanna count the OG round of hyperfuse

That's a fair point to make.

Plenty of people do have complete sets of OG Hyperfuse in hand. The way the keys were handled is completely different from "modern" GMK, too, so slightly different situation.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #475 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 19:24:05 »

Part of me is super sad for sleeping on this 2 years ago. The other part is happy I didn't have to wait _this long_
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline brighenne

« Reply #476 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 23:09:33 »
Anybody out there want to trade their highlight module for my err?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #477 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 23:18:32 »

hyperfuse and toxic defo took longer, and there are a few that took like 18-20 months

there are a number of others that are looking like they may end up taking as long or longer

this is definitely the longest one with no drama attached, at this point
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Norato

« Reply #478 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 18:08:31 »
Anybody out there want to trade their minify module for my nightmode?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #479 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 09:37:07 »
It's finally here, after almost 2 years of color matching limbo

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #480 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 11:41:21 »

Show Image

Looks just like the renders!

Offline norb

« Reply #481 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 11:42:17 »
awesome picture as usual @Oblitzky

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #482 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 12:18:04 »
Looks like a total color match failure to me. Can't believe I wait two years for this.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #483 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 13:50:43 »

Show Image

Needs more jpeg
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

« Reply #484 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 15:38:14 »
Nice to see GMK has improved its packaging

Offline geewiz

« Reply #485 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 03:02:40 »
Looks like a total color match failure to me. Can't believe I wait two years for this.

Not only that, the key texture on that picture looks totally grainy as well. I've seen PBT caps better than that.

Offline TheStig

« Reply #486 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 13:08:23 »
Looks like people are receiving their sets now.

This is from a Reddit post:

Is it me or do the alphas look way too blue?

Render for reference:
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 September 2021, 13:12:50 by TheStig »

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #487 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 13:13:53 »
Yeah that's looks hella off lol

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #488 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 13:18:22 »
Lighting conditions seem sub-optimal and can seriously impact the way a set looks.

Looks like that photo was taken in the evening under direct, fluorescent or some equally unnatural light. I'd be curious to see the same board during the day with natural light.

Offline TheStig

« Reply #489 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 13:25:16 »
Lighting conditions seem sub-optimal and can seriously impact the way a set looks.

Looks like that photo was taken in the evening under direct, fluorescent or some equally unnatural light. I'd be curious to see the same board during the day with natural light.

Yeah, the OP did mention it was under direct light and that it looks better under normal conditions. Should be plenty of photos soon enough.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #490 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 13:50:50 »

Show Image

Render for reference:
Show Image

No way to tell unless you see it in natural sunlight.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: [GB] GMK Dracula — Group buy is live!
« Reply #491 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 14:17:15 »
Quote from: GarrettSucks
We spent many hours tweaking these renders to be the best representation of the real-life product. Do not trust photos you see of this product.

Offline pott

« Reply #492 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 14:29:28 »
Awesome that this is shipping. Let's hope that after so many stages, color-matching is good.

I am confused about the Minify kit.
40s commonly have a 1.25 r3 key to the left. In this kit, there is only Tab. But a 1u tab is included for r2... So... why? Here we have 4 Esc keys for, likely, only 1 being used, but also only 1 r3 1.25 even though folks commonly use Fn or Control there, AND it clashes with a redundant key for r2.

This feels very short-sighted: it creates wasted keys and removes compatibility with common keymaps. It 'forces' a 1.25 Tab at r3 and thus a redundant Tab at r1 or one of too many Escapes.
40s kits need to do be better.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #493 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 15:01:06 »

Show Image

Render for reference:
Show Image

That's goddamn hilarious.  ;D

Offline leeloo

« Reply #494 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 15:17:24 »
Someone posted a second picture in the same thread.

Offline Nebulant

• Nebulous Consulting
« Reply #495 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 15:24:08 »
I also took some quick pictures of the approved color samples under various lighting conditions.

https://imgur.com/a/D3kPxpJ

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #496 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 16:19:54 »

Show Image

def looks way better here

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #497 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 16:36:25 »

Show Image

Render for reference:
Show Image

Unwritten rule of r/mk:

The first person to get a new GMK set and post a photo of it must take it under the absolute worst lighting conditions possible and with every dumb color correction function of your phone camera enabled to make the set look extra ****ty.

And then a bunch of idiots that don't understand how photography lighting works will come along and complain about how bad the color matching is.

Happens literally every single time now.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #498 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 19:07:54 »

Show Image

Render for reference:
Show Image

Unwritten rule of r/mk:

The first person to get a new GMK set and post a photo of it must take it under the absolute worst lighting conditions possible and with every dumb color correction function of your phone camera enabled to make the set look extra ****ty.

And then a bunch of idiots that don't understand how photography lighting works will come along and complain about how bad the color matching is.

Happens literally every single time now.

I still have that one garbage photo of GMK Solarized Dark burned into my eyes. I can't unsee it no matter how hard I try

Edit: this one... viewer discretion is advised

More
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 September 2021, 19:11:56 by _rubik »

Offline TheStig

« Reply #499 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 19:21:27 »
I also took some quick pictures of the approved color samples under various lighting conditions.

https://imgur.com/a/D3kPxpJ

Show Image

Oh wow I completely underestimated the difference lighting makes... Lesson learnt.