Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 904498 times)

Offline lucka33

Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 03:27:14 »
Is there any information or estimation for when the Rukia will be shipped?

Offline maximize

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 21:24:00 »
Is there any possibility there will be Round 3? Missed this one and I'm sad. :(

Offline Zach

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 21:46:34 »
Is there any possibility there will be Round 3? Missed this one and I'm sad. :(
R3 will be UHMWPE instead of PC, R2 should have extras after they ship though.
Whale x2 | Salamander | E6.5 x2 | E8.5 | Nunu | 2.0 ADD | 8XV2.0 | 1.2 OG | Noah | Polaris | Vega | Infinitum | KFE CE | Jaguar | Frog  | Whale75 | Mode80 | Kei | Mode65 | E7v2 SE | Dolphinv3 | *165 | *Tomo | *Cloudline | *Kage | *Bias | *3.0

Offline thnick

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 12:15:05 »
Waiting for R3  :-[

Offline Scriba

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 06:44:56 »
A shame there isn't a full aluminium board planned - only a few got their hands on an tgr alice and will dream of them for a lifetime.

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 14:43:10 »
Love the rukia. But not a fan of poly carb despite as amazing as it sounds.

Waiting for the aluminum version.

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 19:24:57 »
Not sure about UHMWPE vs. poly, I like the translucency of poly. Counting on the R2 extras...
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline ian13

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 00:10:52 »
Man, I sure hope there will be another run of the pc rukia in the future!

Offline ainet

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 04:45:31 »
This hobby needs more policarb keeb, Good Job and good luck!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 13:26:58 »
Hi there, any updates?

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 15:14:23 »
Hi there, any updates?

Seconded, being trying to my hype down till a solid update that the GB is on track or gonna have some hiccups. This is easily my most anticipated recent board purchase. :thumb:

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 15:17:09 »
Last update on discord was that we’re aiming for before (US) thanksgiving. A couple colours are being reworked along with the steel bottom and polycarbonate green.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 17:20:25 »
Last update on discord was that we’re aiming for before (US) thanksgiving. A couple colours are being reworked along with the steel bottom and polycarbonate green.

My man, thanks cijanzen! Guess I didn't go far enough back in the Rukia channel when I was looking.

Offline crosscutgymnast

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 26 September 2020, 23:00:47 »

My man, thanks cijanzen! Guess I didn't go far enough back in the Rukia channel when I was looking.
Updates are beeing pined to the channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 13:05:55 »
Someone had to drop their GB spot with brass plate due to extenuating circumstances...
I'll be dropping a form for anyone interested in taking the GB spot
No rush. It'll be raffle
https://forms.gle/WXzBvN7Koxw5Zcvc6
I'll use RNG to pick the winner tomorrow at 8am California time

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 18:34:06 »

Updates are being pined to the channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Sweep_the_Leg

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 20:37:35 »
Just checking in on this. Any update on when the r2 Rukias will ship?

Offline wencan008

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 01:08:03 »
Just checking in on this. Any update on when the r2 Rukias will ship?

Update should be coming very soon

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 01:25:32 »
**Rukia round 2 - **
PCBs - Sadly, 3 rotary encoders was not feasible for the upper left cluster. The PCB will accommodate one rotary encoder, which is included with knob. All other features remain: USB-C, per key RGB, underglow.
Barring any issues, boards should ship to me by end of the first week of December. QC, pack, and ship the following week.
HOWEVER, shipping is coming in batches. The first batch is 150 boards.
An email will be sent out on Monday to all who ordered, asking if you'd like to upgrade to UHMWPE (see below for design differences) at no extra cost but wait a little bit longer.
Otherwise, the orders will be sent out in the order they were made on the website.
**ALL UHMWPE Rukia parts will be compatible with Round 2 parts, even with the crazy curves**
Please confirm that the shipping address for your order is correct/current. If not, please message me on Discord at jaxxstatic#2116 or use the contact form on the website.
Extras will be available in January.
     -Method for entry:
          -FOUR (4) quiz options
               -Dune (first Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune)
               -Neil Gaiman (American Gods, Anansi Boys, Neverwhere, The Graveyard Book)
               -William Gibson (Idoru, The Peripheral, Neuromancer)
               -Science Fiction random (The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K. Le Guin, Ringworld by Larry Niven, The Mote in God's Eye by Jerry Pournelle and Larry Niven, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. ****)
     -Hint: if you're unfamiliar with ALL of these books, then the second and fourth options are probably the most accessible/easy-to-pick-up/least acid-induced options
     -Passing a quiz gives you entry into a raffle for the extras
          -Extras that will be available:
               -PC cases
               -Brass, carbon fiber, and PC plates
               -PCBs (although you can also just buy these from the store)

**Rukia LE - **
Same timeline as frosted PC orders. Please let me know what shirt size you want.

**Rukia SE - **
Shipping is set to start in January for these. Discord channel has the specifics.

**Irma, Rukia (uwukia), etc - **
In-house manufacturing is becoming reality.
Moved in. Factory floor and warehouse are separate buildings, but meet my needs.
Setting up for inspections for aerospace safety certifications.
Began milling molds for Irma and new Rukia design. 
See below.
Irma will be available in January in UHMWPE (raw/white and black).
Rukia will be available in January in UHMWPE (raw/white and black).
For more details, please check the VODs at https://www.twitch.tv/jaxxstatic
Email me at josh.lee.jackson@gmail.com

Also, feel free to join the Discord server: https://discord.gg/eJrjdtg
255778-0
255780-1
255782-2
255784-3
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 November 2020, 03:10:08 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline Sweep_the_Leg

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 13:25:20 »
Thanks for the updates! I'd be really curious to hear people's thoughts on whether to wait for the UHMWPE version or not.

Is it primarily the design difference, with the more rounded curves (I'm not 100% sure how I feel about those)? Or will the different material have a different sound signature (and if so, any idea of how it will be different)?

I just tried to watch a couple of Jaxxstatic's Twitch streams that seem like they might cover it, but Twitch is having issues for me at the moment and the streams keep timing out.

Very (very) excited to get the board, but if UHMWPE is going to be a next level of awesome for it, I'd probably be willing to wait a bit longer.  ;D

Offline maximize

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 22:35:55 »
This is the most unique extras sale entry I've seen! Kudos.
*Neuromancer, not Necromancer, haha.
Think I'll try out that Gibson quiz. :)

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 03:10:33 »
This is the most unique extras sale entry I've seen! Kudos.
*Neuromancer, not Necromancer, haha.
Think I'll try out that Gibson quiz. :)

Ack! Embarrassing mistake! Fixed! Thank you!
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 November 2020, 03:12:55 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 10:02:22 »
Hey Jaxx, did that email about sticking with the PC version or upgrading to the UHMWPE version for rd2 participants ever get sent out yet? Just wondering cause I haven't got one, checked my spam too just in case before posting here.

Offline Drudoo

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 10:03:24 »
Hey Jaxx, did that email about stick with the PC version or upgrading to the UHMWPE version ever get sent out yet? Just wondering cause I haven't got one, checked my spam too just in case before posting here.
Haven’t received anything yet either. So don’t think it’s been send out.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 16:11:20 »
Hey Jaxx, did that email about stick with the PC version or upgrading to the UHMWPE version ever get sent out yet? Just wondering cause I haven't got one, checked my spam too just in case before posting here.
Haven’t received anything yet either. So don’t think it’s been send out.

Thanks for the heads up man!

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 17:11:54 »

Jaxx posted in his discord that he had some family stuff come up and didn't get a chance to sit down yet. Should be out relatively soon once things are sorted in his personal life.

On another note, what are people considering? Swapping to UHMWPE or staying with PC?

Offline Aritega

• Art by ringo
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 18:41:44 »

Jaxx posted in his discord that he had some family stuff come up and didn't get a chance to sit down yet. Should be out relatively soon once things are sorted in his personal life.

On another note, what are people considering? Swapping to UHMWPE or staying with PC?

I think I'll stick with PC because of the simple design. I'm not a fan of the rounded front on the UHMWPE but the side profile is very appealing!

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 07:57:58 »

I'm sticking with PC also, that black PE option was very tempting though. 

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 10:19:52 »
The PE cases look promising, but I'm going to let someone else GP them. Sticking with PC.

Offline samba

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 01:36:45 »
Wow, amazing work.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 00:39:29 »
Maybe by March now. Maybe

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 16:20:23 »
In case anyone is not in the discord and has no idea what is going on:

150 Rukia's and aluminum tops were shipped by the factory in China and are stuck in customs. No timeline was given for when they were shipped or how long they've been in customs.

Jaxx is now manufacturing the polycarbonate rukias in house and has estimated that 150 should be finished by Sunday and in 3 weeks some will start being shipped by order number.

"All parts and materials can be produced in house now --even carbon fiber and stainless and anodizing."

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 March 2021, 19:23:09 by jbrandona119 »

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 09:21:15 »
Since the discord server has been locked down for almost a week now and we're coming up on a year from the start of the GB, can we please get some indication (photos preferably) that PC Rukias have been manufactured, are still being made, etc.?

Jaxx said he was going to talk with his legal team about taking photos after someone asked back at the end January (maybe early Feb). I asked about that a few days later and a mod told me that he didn't actually mean he was going to talk to his legal team, so I'm not sure where we're at with that. Boards were sent out to some trusted friends and I was hoping to see something from them like photos or a message or something, but the only thing we heard was that they said it was "better" than R1. On February 25th, we were informed that by the next Sunday about 150 boards would be completed but nothing was shown of them either. February 22nd there were 3 pictures of a rukia shared, but when someone asked if those were in-house manufactured R2, they did not get a reply.

I was hoping I would see an update here regarding why the server was locked as no message or pin was made by Jaxx or the mods that I could see, but it looks like there's only been one update to this post and that was after the board was late in November. Hearing "next month" 4-5 times with nothing else despite also indicating there are finished boards in hand is concerning to me. Please let me know if this request is unreasonable.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 10:06:01 »
Since the discord server has been locked down for almost a week now and we're coming up on a year from the start of the GB, can we please get some indication (photos preferably) that PC Rukias have been manufactured, are still being made, etc.?

Jaxx said he was going to talk with his legal team about taking photos after someone asked back at the end January (maybe early Feb). I asked about that a few days later and a mod told me that he didn't actually mean he was going to talk to his legal team, so I'm not sure where we're at with that. Boards were sent out to some trusted friends and I was hoping to see something from them like photos or a message or something, but the only thing we heard was that they said it was "better" than R1. On February 25th, we were informed that by the next Sunday about 150 boards would be completed but nothing was shown of them either. February 22nd there were 3 pictures of a rukia shared, but when someone asked if those were in-house manufactured R2, they did not get a reply.

I was hoping I would see an update here regarding why the server was locked as no message or pin was made by Jaxx or the mods that I could see, but it looks like there's only been one update to this post and that was after the board was late in November. Hearing "next month" 4-5 times with nothing else despite also indicating there are finished boards in hand is concerning to me. Please let me know if this request is unreasonable.

The new timeline was hopefully shipping by mid April AFAIK. I get it, it's a tough wait, but Jaxx is a stand up guy we will get our boards. The poor man, had to take a trip to the hospital cause of overworking himself a few weeks ago. So I'm sure he's doing everything he can to get us our boards as fast as possible.

Offline Full

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 11:21:58 »
ilu Jaxx, cant wait to get my r2, stay safe and keep on rocking!  :-*
Hi!

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 07:17:36 »
Another month, another lack of updates from Jaxx but more from the mods apparently representing him. Now it’s the PCB manufacturer, despite implying PCBs were all set months ago. I am not sure how that’s even possible  because dozens of boards were supposedly ready to ship and were being made weekly. It took this long to figure out a PCB issue?

Refunds are no longer possible either, which the mods loved to flex as such a huge and gracious thing that we should be honored to have the option to do. Option gone, server completely locked and channels deleted or hidden.

May 10th is now the projected shipping date. No indication as to why, what the next move is, photos of the finished boards waiting for PCBs, nothing. No photos of the 300 boards that were apparently received. No photos of the aluminum tops that seem to never be mentioned.

This isn’t a “tough wait” either. I don’t need this board right now. It has nothing to do with patience and framing it as such is an attempted redirection of the conversation. I’m not concerned about when these come. I’m concerned about their existence at all, the lack of clarity, honesty etc.

Offline Drudoo

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 07:26:45 »
Another month, another lack of updates from Jaxx but more from the mods apparently representing him. Now it’s the PCB manufacturer, despite implying PCBs were all set months ago. I am not sure how that’s even possible  because dozens of boards were supposedly ready to ship and were being made weekly. It took this long to figure out a PCB issue?

Refunds are no longer possible either, which the mods loved to flex as such a huge and gracious thing that we should be honored to have the option to do. Option gone, server completely locked and channels deleted or hidden.

May 10th is now the projected shipping date. No indication as to why, what the next move is, photos of the finished boards waiting for PCBs, nothing. No photos of the 300 boards that were apparently received. No photos of the aluminum tops that seem to never be mentioned.

This isn’t a “tough wait” either. I don’t need this board right now. It has nothing to do with patience and framing it as such is an attempted redirection of the conversation. I’m not concerned about when these come. I’m concerned about their existence at all, the lack of clarity, honesty etc.

I can only agree. The fact that no pictures of the completed boards has been shown is ridiculous. Why wasn't the PCB issue mentioned earlier instead of the last possible minute?
If case manufacturing is done, and PCBs are the only issue, then show photos of the cases.

I didn't ask for a refund, as i believe in the product, but with this last "update" i am convinced nothing is done and we wont see proper boards for months (or ever). Why lock the discord, if Jaxx isn't even posting updates? 

I don't mind the wait, i don't need the board right now, but please how some photos and have Jaxx send some updates. With all these delays, there should be regular updates with photos and specific information as to why we are waiting.

Offline yhs

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 11:39:33 »

Well, that is how group-buys work more often than not. Say something goes horribly wrong with a manufacturer and the project turns into a disaster, would you consider it fair to have everyone demand a refund and leave the GB runner in a ton of debt and unable to take the relevant legal action to get compensated by the manufacturer who screwed up? I figure a lot less people would be willing to run group-buys if people did not waive their right to a refund.

I must admit I have not followed this GB closely (although I am participating), and I certainly do understand that uncertainty is unpleasant and that some group-buys would benefit immensely by being a lot more transparent. But let's give Jaxx a chance here. I purchased a M60 Olivia from RAMA in January 2020 and was told estimated time of shipping was 3-4 months. 16 months later it still has not shipped and I don't see people going nuts about that.

I didn't ask for a refund, as i believe in the product, but with this last "update" i am convinced nothing is done and we wont see proper boards for months (or ever). Why lock the discord, if Jaxx isn't even posting updates? 

Update explicitly states why the Discord server was locked. "I've let discourse go on in the channels hoping that people would find some positivity in it, but it's more a detriment than anything right now."

I don't mind the wait, i don't need the board right now, but please how some photos and have Jaxx send some updates. With all these delays, there should be regular updates with photos and specific information as to why we are waiting.

1) If you don't mind the wait why are you on Geekhack stating you are convinced "we wont see proper boards for months (or ever)?
2) The latest update states that the PCBs have issues?

I agree that posting photos of cases and whatnot might provide some comfort, but with all the issues this GB has faced I imagine Jaxx is plenty busy and stressed out as it is. Not to mention all the hateful messages the dude has to scroll through on Discord.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 April 2021, 11:48:30 by yhs »

Offline Drudoo

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 12:56:40 »
1) If you don't mind the wait why are you on Geekhack stating you are convinced "we wont see proper boards for months (or ever)?

I don't mind wait times if proper updates are posted regularly with photos on the progress. Before we see actual evidence of any completed boards, we are all just trusting whatever Jaxx or the discord moderators says.

Offline byakuya

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 01:26:32 »
I would have to agree with some others on this thread, there are a lot of things about this groupbuy that have left me feeling very uneasy about the entire thing. This is not really a thing of patience, but more about being left in the dark, and then given many different false promises. There have been many issues with this GB, and I wanted to address a few of them:

First, this GB was started after the pandemic was started, with a delivery date of Q3 or Q4 2020. Obviously that did not happen and there is a lot that has happened during the pandemic, so this is to be expected. The first concrete update that we finally got for the GB was "boards will ship by Thanksgiving". We were told PCBs were almost done at this time, and boards would be ready soon. As Thanksgiving approached, we were then told that date was slipping to Christmas. This would be the 1st of many false timelines and delays.

Around the time of the Christmas delay, was when we learned about Jaxx's new plan to fulfil this GB, to manufacture everything in house. Apparently the overseas manufacturer became unreliable, so this was how Jaxx planned to move forward. This caught me by surprise, as up until this point everything was supposed to be manufactured by the previous manufacturer overseas. This was a huge concern, and although others spoke out about this, they were shamed for saying anything. Already past the deadline for the GB, Jaxx had now decided that he was basically going to start over and try to do everything himself, inhouse. This is no easy feat, as many other reputable manufacturers in the space have talked about. We were starting at ground zero. Jaxx assured us it would be easy, and boards would be done soon. *narrator*: he was wrong.

This is the start of many more promises of timelines, lack of updates, and setbacks. Updates are only given when people ask for them, and often when people ask in the Discord server, they are attacked by white knights in the server for ever doubting Jaxx. There has become a bit of unhealthy blind faith and toxicity in the Discord server, which has led to many people coming to troll, and now the server is completely locked down.

To this day, we have never actually seen any tangible proof that anything from this GB actually exists. Even though things are being made inhouse, Jaxx still has not shown a single picture of things in progress, or finished products. There has been absolutely no proof that anything is actually being done. This would make more sense if things were still being done overseas, but there is no excuse if things are being done in house. I know Jaxx apparently works on secret government things for work, so his new workshop is "private", but why not take some boards outside and take some pictures, show off all the hard work he has been doing? All of it seems a bit strange to me, and quite disconcerting.

Our most recent delay is now something related to PCB issues. These PCBs were said to have been done back in the summer according to Gondo, so why are we just now hearing about these issues? It sounds like another excuse.

Another thing that has become quite irritating about this GB is the amount of playing victim that Jaxx does. He constantly talks about how he is working non-stop to get things out. While this may be true, sadly we have not seen anything to back this up. All others have seen is him constantly throwing out gifted twitch subs to random streamers, which has honestly become a little weird.

I was incredibly excited for this board when the GB first started, but with another delay, a now locked down Discord server, I am starting to think that the only way I will ever see something from this GB is to issue a chargeback with my credit card...

Offline gatinas

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 12:02:28 »
As someone who was not in on this GB, but has heard and watched things slowly fall apart, this feels more and more like a scam. Not even going to go into the "sekrit government" stuff on a "new warehouse" cause let's be honest...

I know a few people have had success with charge backs on the cards used to purchase since this obviously isn't coming to fruition with any type of reasonable timeline. It's not ideal, but hey, since jaxx isn't honoring refunds anymore and just plans to sell the "cancelled orders" as extras, then why not.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 23:37:13 »
They are definitely not being honest about whats really going on with the manufacturing. Its my bet that he got ripped off by his overseas manufacturer and never received a product at all.  Hes been trying to figure out some other option for people with the money he has left and other money he can contribute personally but he is in over his head. After stringing people along for another few months hell come up with some grand reason the whole thing needs to be cancelled and how its ruined his life and blah blah blah. Wouldnt be surprised to Rukia stay as an R1 board forever.

Offline solianne

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 15:08:36 »
is there any way i can refund all of the gift subs I got from Jaxxstatic? i would like to help keep this buy afloat if that means the money will go back to him. thank you.

Offline thanatic

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 22:38:33 »
]Just saw the new update from Jaxx. I just wondered if clarification could be provided about the Rukia R2 that I may have missed. All the units from the original manufacturer were lost? damaged? never shipped? If so, all the units will be newly made by Jaxx himself in USA? I have not been following the details.

Offline Aritega

• Art by ringo
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 00:47:31 »
]Just saw the new update from Jaxx. I just wondered if clarification could be provided about the Rukia R2 that I may have missed. All the units from the original manufacturer were lost? damaged? never shipped? If so, all the units will be newly made by Jaxx himself in USA? I have not been following the details.

Basically the manufacturer shipped by boat when he didn't ask for it. So while it was stuck on boat, he started making the boards in-house and when the boards (that was shipped by boat) arrived, they were damaged but he's checking to see if he can refinish them. I believe all the units will be made by himself.

Offline thanatic

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 01:58:02 »

Basically the manufacturer shipped by boat when he didn't ask for it. So while it was stuck on boat, he started making the boards in-house and when the boards (that was shipped by boat) arrived, they were damaged but he's checking to see if he can refinish them. I believe all the units will be made by himself.

Thanks for the info. I do remember that update as well. I guess it might be a combination of new boards made by him in USA and whatever is salvageable from the damaged shipment. I guess we will see with additional incoming updates. I hope everything goes well for him.

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 07:58:24 »
New update?! Where?

Great to hear that the original boards has arrived and that he's been working on the in-house manufacturing - now I don't see any valid excuse not to post some pictures, preferably with timestamps so nothing is left to speculations.

As someone pointed out earlier, the whole playing a victim thing is just noncens. The time money exchanged hands Jaxx became a seller and we customers - hence it turned into business and should be handled accordingly.

I still have hopes this will turn out good, that's why I haven't posted earlier nor asked for a refund. Though failing to hit mileatones, post pictures or even give frequent updates is getting annoying and far below what could be expected.

Offline thanatic

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 16:44:20 »
New update?! Where?

Great to hear that the original boards has arrived and that he's been working on the in-house manufacturing - now I don't see any valid excuse not to post some pictures, preferably with timestamps so nothing is left to speculations.

As someone pointed out earlier, the whole playing a victim thing is just noncens. The time money exchanged hands Jaxx became a seller and we customers - hence it turned into business and should be handled accordingly.

I still have hopes this will turn out good, that's why I haven't posted earlier nor asked for a refund. Though failing to hit mileatones, post pictures or even give frequent updates is getting annoying and far below what could be expected.
the updates are in the discord.

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 11:38:58 »
New update?! Where?

the updates are in the discord.
Locks the Discord - Post updates in the locked server..

Offline byakuya

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 21:57:46 »
Well I guess we are famous on r/mk now: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/myn9e8/latest_rukia_r2_update/

( FYI this wasn't me, but I'm glad that others feel the same)