Author Topic: [GB] [RESTOCK] MAJA R2  (Read 84853 times)

Offline prognostics

Re: [GB] Maja Ergo
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 09:34:39 »
Based on who is posting pictures, it seems like they're shipping by color so no Poly have gone out yet. This is due to the limit on how many packages KBDFans can send in one day.

Offline steezkeez

[GB] Maja Ergo
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 10:09:44 »
Insane turn around time for a beautiful board. Will keep an eye out for anything else you design, Vulcan.  ;D

nice build, the green came out really nice!

just wondering, did you run into the screw hole issue mentioned previously in this thread? trying to determine if this affects all boards or just some.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 10:11:57 »
Here's a bad photo of mine. I'm sure I don't have it set up exactly as I want it yet; this is my first ergo layout so I will need to keep tweaking it. It has lubed MX Blacks with Cherry stabs and Band-Aid mod.
255207-0
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline prognostics

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 11:17:05 »
Insane turn around time for a beautiful board. Will keep an eye out for anything else you design, Vulcan.  ;D

just wondering, did you run into the screw hole issue mentioned previously in this thread? trying to determine if this affects all boards or just some.

The screw hole issue affects me as well, yes.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 12:21:07 »

How did you build with the screw hole issue?

Offline Kavik

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 12:41:52 »

Interesting. Just as another data point, I didn't have any issues with screwing anything together.

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 13:12:52 »
as an additional follow up, i was able to screw everything together on my board with no issues. all the screw holes in my board seem to be threaded/tapped properly.

Offline Strongbuns

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 13:26:44 »
Here's a bad photo of mine. I'm sure I don't have it set up exactly as I want it yet; this is my first ergo layout so I will need to keep tweaking it. It has lubed MX Blacks with Cherry stabs and Band-Aid mod.
(Attachment Link)

I can't tell - is this black or the deep blue?

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 13:31:54 »
Wasn't expecting this to come in before GMK Botanical so for now I have to settle with a guest WoB on 9009.

Offline xjack312

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 13:37:08 »
has anyone tried converting to gerbers to cut fr4 on jlcpcb? i'm not sure if the viewer is borked or i'm doing it wrong

Did you manage to figure this out? I'm interested in an fr4 plate but don't have much experience in pcb design software and haven't figured out how to get a correctly working gerber file.
Alice enjoyer

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 14:02:09 »
Does anyone know what this is?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 14:05:10 »
Show Image

Seen this question multiple times. I believe these are ESD pads. From KBDFans discord #keeb-build-help
Confused about what those little silver squares that came with your pcb are? Those squares are grounding pads. You need to stick them onto the squares on the pcb to help prevent your pcb from shorting.

Offline diazel

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 14:08:36 »

Seen this question multiple times. I believe these are ESD pads. From KBDFans discord #keeb-build-help
Confused about what those little silver squares that came with your pcb are? Those squares are grounding pads. You need to stick them onto the squares on the pcb to help prevent your pcb from shorting.

Onto what squares?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 14:20:53 »

Onto what squares?

If you don't see any obvious squares on the PCB to place them I wouldn't worry about them. Here's an example: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/651276618651926538/743400270905475132/edfb9a1ad88adf4ecf058ef065ad3684.png

Offline diazel

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 14:39:57 »
Good looking out! Thanks!

Offline Kavik

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 15:26:09 »
Show Image

Oops, I saw at least one square on the PCB but I didn't put a pad on it. I guess I'll worry about it if I start shorting it. My M65A would restart sometimes if I touched it with static electricity; is that what this prevents, or does it protect from more serious damage?

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

I can't tell - is this black or the deep blue?

It is deep blue.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 16:04:24 »

Thanks!, I just made a discord account for each of my project and experiment. if you are intrested come join. https://discord.gg/2RwePe6K8z

Offline PhantomLeadr

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 19:42:56 »
For those asking about the PolyCarb version i asked on the KBDFans Discord and they told me PC wouldnt ship for another 2 weeks. I also recall seeing Vulc reply that PC was a little bit delayed

Offline thornkin

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 00:51:52 »
KBDFans support comes through.  After providing some pictoral proof--which was hard with a hole that small--a new top is being sent my way!  Happy to share a story of great customer care.

Offline KurageOuji

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 01:03:59 »
255240-0

Kuro/Shiro on Maja. Built with lubed Gat Black Inks (205g0 on housings and stems, GPL 105 on springs) and lubed smokey black durock stabs (teflon grease on stems/housings, dielectric grease on wires).

What an amazing board, really happy with it!

Offline Coneree

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 10:35:46 »
KBDFans support comes through.  After providing some pictoral proof--which was hard with a hole that small--a new top is being sent my way!  Happy to share a story of great customer care.

Good to know they are taking care of issues like that!
Current Rotation:
Space65 v2 | Maja Ergo | SC Alice | NK65 Purple | ID80 | Massdrop Alt HP

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 13:38:55 »
imo typing experience and sound is too dampened with bottom foam (between pcb and case), so if you're experiencing something similar, taking that out helps a good bit. i don't mind the plate foam atm but might try taking that out to see the difference.

edit: i much prefer no plate foam as well.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2020, 15:05:22 by steezkeez »

Offline Kavik

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 17:06:15 »
imo typing experience and sound is too dampened with bottom foam (between pcb and case), so if you're experiencing something similar, taking that out helps a good bit. i don't mind the plate foam atm but might try taking that out to see the difference.

Which switches are you using? With MX Blacks, it creates a really muted sound that I really like. I imagine that may diminish the experience of clickies though.

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 17:46:30 »

Which switches are you using? With MX Blacks, it creates a really muted sound that I really like. I imagine that may diminish the experience of clickies though.

it's definitely just a personal preference kinda thing

im using linears as well, nk yellow silks w/ 205g0

i like a bit more reverb but i can totally see the appeal if you're into a more muted sound

Offline KeyTwoOne

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 15:56:57 »
Anybody have extra PCB they can sell me?

Offline Buster69

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 14:44:25 »
Just checked mine, the small screw holes that hold the plate in the top part of the case look tapped and threaded correctly. Waiting on a new plate before building.

I spotted two gold squares on the pcb which I would assume are for the ESD pads

Offline Ipse

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 00:00:56 »
Honestly, when I heard that this was going to be a kbdfans production I wasn't too happy. Though after receiving it, I'm super happy with the quality. It seems they've come along way. Thanks so much for putting this together Vulcan, it's sick and I'm sure I can speak for everyone in saying thanks for the work you put in. <3

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 01:10:08 »
Honestly, when I heard that this was going to be a kbdfans production I wasn't too happy. Though after receiving it, I'm super happy with the quality. It seems they've come along way. Thanks so much for putting this together Vulcan, it's sick and I'm sure I can speak for everyone in saying thanks for the work you put in. <3
Thank you so much for your support!

I also notice that people started walking away as soon as I announced that I will be working with KBDfans for Maja. Some people suggested me to look for other vendor.

But I disagree with them. I started working with KBDfans since the beginning. I trust them, they are a really nice partner, they care more on improveing. Maja is the proof.

Thank you for your trust.

Sent from my SM-A207F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2020, 01:19:43 by Vulcan »

Offline Eoen

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 11:29:39 »
Anyone else still waiting on their board to ship? Looks like most people already have theirs.

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 13:50:59 »
Anyone else still waiting on their board to ship? Looks like most people already have theirs.

I ordered one in polycarbonate and mine hasn't shipped yet.

Offline 7osh

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 14:22:28 »

Same here. I got an email today which says mine is on the way.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 14:59:07 »
Thank you so much for your support!

I also notice that people started walking away as soon as I announced that I will be working with KBDfans for Maja. Some people suggested me to look for other vendor.

But I disagree with them. I started working with KBDfans since the beginning. I trust them, they are a really nice partner, they care more on improveing. Maja is the proof.

Thank you for your trust.

Sent from my SM-A207F using Tapatalk

I had faith all along, thank you for this gorgeous board! Do you have any other boards or ideas for boards in the future?

Offline fishymango

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 19:28:56 »

Someone said on KBDfans discord that their poly has already shipped. I hope that the rest poly will be shipped out soon (including mine : D)

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 19:33:33 »

Someone said on KBDfans discord that their poly has already shipped. I hope that the rest poly will be shipped out soon (including mine : D)

Well, would you look at that. I just got the shipping confirmation email from KBDfans an hour ago. Looks like everyone who ordered polycarbonate should have theirs soon.

Now I just have to hope that the extra PCBs I had customer support add to my order will be in the box with my Maja.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2020, 19:35:54 by bakuretsu »

Offline Qecf

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 19:55:05 »
My Poly Maja just shipped aswell!

Offline Shinigamii

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 19:59:04 »
I also received my shipping info, hopefully everyone also receives theirs very soon

Offline glack23

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 20:12:28 »
which screws to use to attach

- plate to top - M2 pan or flat?
- pcb to countersunk
- plate to countersunk

Offline Ipse

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 01:39:34 »
Just wondering if there was a reason that the via layout doesn't accurately represent the keyboards layout. I was considering PR'ing this to via, though I suppose at the end of the day it's your choice Vulcan.

Offline Yoshi

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 04:03:07 »
Hi, will the plate files be released so we can get alternative plate materials cut?

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 04:49:54 »
I also got my shipping information.  Looking forward to this.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline prognostics

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 06:42:33 »
Hi, will the plate files be released so we can get alternative plate materials cut?

From the OP:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bszPgwb22m1eIxm8pyquWmzJJRVLDtDQ/view?usp=sharing

Offline impauln

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 11:26:07 »
Has anyone received their poly MAJA yet? Or received the shipping notification? I only see ppl flexing on me with their aluminum version so I don't know what the status on poly is D: Is it delayed?

I just got mine right now! Just tested the PCBs, but it's my first polycarb board. it feels really dope. Can't wait to build it later!

Offline asmenter15

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 13:02:47 »
Just got my poly as well! Holy WOW I never imagined it would feel this solid. Great work on the build I am SO stoked to get to building this.

Offline Qecf

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 13:17:46 »
Just built my poly with Alpacas!

Offline impauln

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 13:40:54 »
Just built my poly with Alpacas!

Nice! Just put together mine with Tealios switches, btw are you also seeing a gap on the bottom part of the board (mine's a hot-swap for reference)? :/

Offline Qecf

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 14:04:43 »
That looks really nice! I had the same problem with the gap when I used the plate foam and the case foam. So once I took out the case foam the gap disappeared.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 November 2020, 19:31:35 by Qecf »

Offline impauln

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 15:13:47 »
That looks really nice! I had the same problem with the gap when I used to plate foam and the case foam. So once I took out the case foam the gap disappeared.

ahhh I see, still kinda weird tho hahaha. I'll have to try and see if that affects the sound of the board. Thanks!

Offline fishymango

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 20:29:23 »
Has anyone received their poly MAJA yet? Or received the shipping notification? I only see ppl flexing on me with their aluminum version so I don't know what the status on poly is D: Is it delayed?

I just got mine right now! Just tested the PCBs, but it's my first polycarb board. it feels really dope. Can't wait to build it later!
Damn, still no sign of it for me rn D:

Offline baccaan

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 20:41:41 »
So.... R2 when?

Offline asmenter15

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 21:40:48 »
That looks really nice! I had the same problem with the gap when I used to plate foam and the case foam. So once I took out the case foam the gap disappeared.

ahhh I see, still kinda weird tho hahaha. I'll have to try and see if that affects the sound of the board. Thanks!

Yup I see the exact same thing on mine, even just with the case foam and no pcb foam. Doesn't necessarily affect the experience for me though.