Author Topic: [GB] Think6.5 V2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // Completed  (Read 74424 times)

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
[GB] Think6.5 V2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // Completed
« on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 13:18:06 »
Think6.5V2 Official GB has now ended and production has started. For those who missed the GB and still want to join, I will open it up temporarily during the special Alexotos live streams the e-white Think6.5V2 prototype giveaway build on his Twitch channel this Friday at 7:00 EDT or 11PM UTC (July 24). GB Link: https://graystudio.club/products/gb-think6-5-v2

///Dear Keeb friends: After 6 months of design and prototyping and a successful Interest Check, welcome to the Think6.5 V2 Group Buy from the Gray Studio!

Below are some details of the Group Buy. Some information will be updated. @Alexotos will be building a prototype this Sunday (July 19th) at 1PM ET. Tune in to his Twitch Channel!

Polycarb Prototype Built by Alexotos

[Typing Tests]

Polycarb Prototype with Tangerine Switches Built and Recorded by Alexoto

Aluminum Prototype with Gateron Ink Black Switches Built and Recorded by Apiary

Relatively speaking, this board has more parts and the GB is more complex than most others, if you have questions regarding the board or the GB, please feel free to join the GrayStudio Discord, the mods are friendly and keeb friends there are cool, they will surely be there to answer your questions. Be sure to check the "Welcome Channel" and check the green check to be granted access to all channels.

(Blue areas light up in the first demo image, and all other images are prototype samples)

[Timeline]

The Think6.5V2 GB will have an LE (limited edition) version, and an SE (Standard Edition) version, as detailed below.

[Limited Edition/LE FCFS High-Gloss Chamfer Version]

GB starts: Sunday, July 19, 20:30 EDT (Sold out 20:31)
Price: $449
GB Format: FCFS, limited to 88 sets for the 1U version and 88 sets for the 2U version. Limit to 1 per person.
GB Link: https://graystudio.club/products/limited-edition-think65v2
Notes: The shipping for LE has not been charged yet. Shipping invoices will be sent for the LE versions upon GB ends ($70). If you have purchased another SE board, the orders will be combined automatically and shipping for LE will be waived. Ships worldwide via DHL Express International.

[Standard Edition/SE Group Buy]
Standard Edition GB starts: July 20, 10:30 AM EDT
GB Format: GB will be open for 24 hours; GB ends on July 21, 10:30 AM EDT
    For those who missed the GB, we will make a capped number (TBD) of SE boards (with the option to purchase accessories) available for purchase when Alexotos live streams the e-white Think6.5V2 prototype giveaway build on his Twitch channel this Friday (July 24).
GB Link: https://graystudio.club/products/gb-think6-5-v2

[SE Price (PayPal fees included)]

Anodized Aluminum:  $349
E-white/e-White Dual/Schrodinger: $369
Clear Frosted Polycarbonate (PC): $379
The shipping fee for the first board is $70, each additional board is $20, ships worldwide via DHL Express International.

[1x Think6.5 v2 Package Includes all the follows]

1x case, top & bottom
1x badge (aluminum, lightbulb), with magnets installed.
1x Dual-color FR4 plate
1x 16 gaskets
1x PCB (Type-C, out of box VIA support, QMK compatible, ESD protection, 18 underglow RGB LEDs + 2 or 4 Badge LEDs, production version will be a physical switch to switch off the underglow LEDs)
1x weight
1x vibration reduction pad
1x noise reduction pad
1x LED diffuser(s)
1x screwdriver (Graystudio brand)
1x tweezer (always test the PCB before soldering!)
Screws, rubber feet, some backup SMD LEDs
Designer packaging

[Colors Options]

[Extra items for purchase] - see separate pages and place extra items in the same order, they will ship with the keyboard.

There are also extra items for purchase listed on the GB. Such as Think Artisans, extra PCB, extra plate, gaskets, etc. Please put all items in the same cart before you place the order (except if you ordered the limited edition high-gloss version, you can order other items separately and request to combine/possibly refund overcharged shipping if you ordered more than 1 board).

[Layouts Supported]

[GB Site]

GB will be hosted on my Shopify website: https://graystudio.club/, and the pertinent information will be synchronized to Geekhack promptly. GB fulfillment is projected to be 5 months.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 July 2021, 10:11:47 by AIRPOTTER »

Offline logo4poop

• Talk to me on discord @logoooo
Re: [GB] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 14:37:50 »
first :P
LCK75 so lit

Offline getlazy

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 14:40:17 »
2U version looks so cool imo, but i need that one extra key lol. 1U stormtrooper version order incoming  :thumb:

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 14:50:19 »
Is this the board that pops my 65% cherry?

Offline HypeSloth

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 14:55:40 »
Great work on this board everyone! Will there be a tease of potential options in the Schrodinger's box option or are we going in blind? Real intrigued either way!

Offline Morthekaiser

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 15:10:11 »
congratulations to those who can buy, I'm happy for you.

Offline dRnRcRr

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 16:05:12 »
This board turned out amazing.  Good job.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 17:08:51 »
This is looking nice ! Now to determine which colour to get...

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 18:10:47 »
Been following this IC for months. Finally I get my first high end board.
OCEAN HAMMERHEAD AND A COMPASS BADGE. GG

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 22:42:24 »
@alexotos will be live stream building think6.5v2 prototypes, the first stream will be this Sunday afternoon, tune into his stream channel! So far it is also confirmed that Apairy will be receiving a prototype to build. Talking to some other streamers but those streams will likely come later.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
Re: [GB] Think6.5 V2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 01:34:14 »
Oldcat will be sharing more prototype pictures as he just received them today. There are some prototype pictures on the GB page as well.

Regarding shipping time, I do not want to over promise, but there is a decent chance this GB ships in 2020, at least for some of you. Shipping nowadays is slower than pre-Covid era and much more expensive for the same service, but I will do my best. The deadline for myself to ship them all out is before the Chinese New Year. Things become uncontrollable then as factories will close for a couple of weeks and couriers may also stop working.

I will order the production materials as soon as I get a solid estimate about the demand after the 24 hrs of GB, that is, next Tuesday in US time. I recently decided to delegate my 3D printing company business to my partner and I am now working on producing top-quality keyboards as a full-time endeavor. I am always in the hunt for better processes and better technologies, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of this board.

Thank you all for the kind support. And the LE version GB will start this Sunday (SE version to start next Monday), as Alex builds a prototype on his stream Sunday 1 pm ET.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2020, 01:38:31 by AIRPOTTER »

Offline petamva

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 05:51:59 »
Let's go!   
Is there any chance to share a pic of the high gloss edition or smt like it so we can have an idea what it looks like?
Thx and have a great gb!
EDIT:checked it out on your site! Looks great!
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2020, 08:35:09 by petamva »

Offline r0b0t_D3vil

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 07:23:30 »
Don't know why I couldn't easily find it, but will hotswap be offered?

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 09:31:32 »
Don't know why I couldn't easily find it, but will hotswap be offered?

No it's not available. Discussed at length in the IC thread. If you want you can solder milmax sockets. In the first post, there's an image of layout alternatives (aka a solderedable PCB) and no mention of hotswap option so theres your clue.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2020, 09:34:56 by Rejeckted »

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 10:37:46 »
Beautiful boards. I am a bit sad there is no split space bar option, but I'm in the minority on that for a 65% board I think.

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but there is no way to make some of the renders in the IC. For example, the GMK Laser themed renders. You can get the Mecha-01 and replace the badge, but there's no red bottom case is there?

Anyway, good luck withe the group buy!

Offline musicgecko

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 11:28:03 »
to be clear, black iphone 5 chamfer is gloss black but the prototype and pics are showing it in gloss silver. im assuming the latter is expected?
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2020, 12:58:14 by musicgecko »

Offline petamva

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 13:01:25 »
to be clear, black iphone 5 chamfer is gloss black but the prototype and pics are showing it in gloss silver. im assuming the latter is expected?

it loks like alu is not painted at all...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 16:23:43 »

i can almost guarantee it's a lighting issue with the render
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ScullyD

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 17:34:24 »
Which color should i get to match the Dracula renders?  Is it Robocop or Darth Vader?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 17:58:10 »

I have a prototype of it on hand, I can confirm that the chamfers are polished aluminum color (silver-ish), not matte black. From what I understand, the process is that, after anodization, the board is put to the CNC machine again and use a different type of blade to cut the chamfers and then polish.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 18:01:52 »
Let's go!   
Is there any chance to share a pic of the high gloss edition or smt like it so we can have an idea what it looks like?
Thx and have a great gb!
EDIT:checked it out on your site! Looks great!

Thanks! There are a couple of pictures taken, the lighting can make it look weird but it's really dope irl.

Offline prognostics

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 19:20:58 »
I love all the bonuses you guys have included in this with the additional artisans, badges, weights and Schrodinger options. Going to be picking one up for me and one for my SO with quite a few extras.

I have been following this IC for a while and really appreciate all the design work on this board, Oldcat. Thank you!!  :thumb:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 00:47:08 »
I love all the bonuses you guys have included in this with the additional artisans, badges, weights and Schrodinger options. Going to be picking one up for me and one for my SO with quite a few extras.

I have been following this IC for a while and really appreciate all the design work on this board, Oldcat. Thank you!!  :thumb:

Thanks! Glad your SO supports this hobby, that is what counts!

Offline Lufenia

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 01:10:06 »
Wait, what happened to the pink artisan cap D:. ?

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 08:55:45 »
No deskmats?

Offline inixity

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 11:51:32 »
Just wondering are all of them aluminium except for the PC frosted? I’ve seen some that are black PC but not too sure if that is in this GB, pretty new to the hobby so not too clear on things.

Offline musicgecko

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 12:23:34 »
black PC version was Think6.5 v1.

no full brass option this time? :(

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 12:30:55 »
You can always dye PC any color you want. Check out Rit synthetic dye its like 5 dollars.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 17:13:56 »
No deskmats?

I have asked the deskmat designer (66fannie99 on Instagram) to reach out to region-specific vendors on possible GBs :)

Offline titanium

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 19:41:06 »
Is the badge also polished in the LE high gloss version? I'm asking because I like the nautical badge much more than the lightbulb.

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 20:50:28 »
No deskmats?

I have asked the deskmat designer (66fannie99 on Instagram) to reach out to region-specific vendors on possible GBs :)

N O I C E. Wild cat and Mummy cat deskpads would sell a ton I'm sure.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 22:19:59 »
Happy with my V1, going to get in on this one as well. GLWGB!

You mentioned being able to buy the 4xLED ESC key mod as add on, do we know anything about the price of that yet?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 22:26:10 »
Happy with my V1, going to get in on this one as well. GLWGB!

You mentioned being able to buy the 4xLED ESC key mod as add on, do we know anything about the price of that yet?

Looks like it will be 14.9 for a pack of 4. It's roughly the same pricing as being sold in China.

https://graystudio.club/products/gbextras-of-think-6-5-v2-gasket-vibration-reduction-pad-etc?variant=35077486018715

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 22:28:12 »
No deskmats?

N O I C E. Wild cat and Mummy cat deskpads would sell a ton I'm sure.

Wildcat mat belongs to :3ildcat and unfortunately, it is not affiliated with this GB. :3ildcat bro was just kind enough to allow me to render keyboards on it; I tried to get him to run a GB or let someone run a GB for him, but he said he has no plan at this time :( Fans need to nudge him to do a GB!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Alex's build stream of the PC version: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/684464581
Apiary and Alex will be both building an aluminum version next week. I will also send my own prototype to Tiny/Taeha next week. Their schedules may not work out for the GB (afaik Taeha is moving now), but at least you will enjoy the build streams some time!

Offline Ashen_21

I am so excited for this keeb! The Mecha-01 purple looks so good, definitely als gonna put a brass weight in it!

Offline toumatakeshi

Tried to get the limited edition and as I checked out and my card was charged the page said it's out of stock. However I have a $449 transaction on my card, will this transaction go away soon?
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 July 2020, 19:36:35 by toumatakeshi »

Offline uxxsam

Successfully paid for the limited edition but shipping is not charged. Is that expected?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline hijris32

Tried to get the limited edition and as I checked out and my card was charged the page said it's out of stock. However I have a $449 transaction on my card, will this transaction go away soon?

You might have a notification from PayPal that says something like "On July 19, 2020, $449.00 USD was preauthorized for a purchase on your card xx-xxxx. If it isn’t completed or it’s completed for a different amount, any pending amounts will drop off, usually within a day."

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
The shipping for LE has not been charged yet. Shipping invoices will be sent for the LE versions upon GB ends ($70).
If you have purchased another SE board, the orders will be combined automatically and shipping for LE will be waived.
Thanks all for your interest. Sorry for the confusion. Will check emails later after catching some sleep.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 July 2020, 20:38:35 by AIRPOTTER »

Offline Liub

For those similar to me, I noticed this on the Discord:

GrayBot: The Think65 V2 will ship from China. $70 flat rate worldwide. It is an extra $20 shipping cost per additional board. Unfortunately due to Coronavirus, general shipping prices have increased.
See also: !combine

If you are in or near China please email Potter directly to work out shipping.
See: !contact

I live in Taiwan so just emailed Potter to see if there can be anything worked out for the shipping instead of a USD70 flat cost. Let's see how it goes.

Offline Ashen_21

Will there be a cap on how many boards are available for order? I know the GB runs for 24 hours, just a little concerned cause I live in Australia and really don't wanna miss out on this keeb

Offline vector88

Is it sold out completely already?
Last post regarding time of GB from authors I read in IC forum that it would be in the week from 20th July, so, it is 20th July morning, calendar beeping nonstop reminding me to check GB web page, and I found out that it started two days ago :// not fair.

Anyway, will there be another round of GB? Please?

Offline solomonshv

Last post regarding time of GB from authors I read in IC forum that it would be in the week from 20th July, so, it is 20th July morning, calendar beeping nonstop reminding me to check GB web page, and I found out that it started two days ago :// not fair.

please read the damn post. just the limited edition sold out, there were only 176 of them available. the regular one goes on sale tomorrow
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline hkhawk

Will there be a cap on how many boards are available for order? I know the GB runs for 24 hours, just a little concerned cause I live in Australia and really don't wanna miss out on this keeb

It's unlimited for 24 hours and then may be capped after that

Offline RallyCap

please read the damn post. just the limited edition sold out, there were only 176 of them available. the regular one goes on sale tomorrow

reading the thread definitely would have solved this, but to be fair the title does say the sale for SE is on the 18th

Offline X_point

I posted this question on IC as well but does anyone know how the schrodinger option works? Will it be one of the pre-selected color ways or completely random pieces ?

Offline leexy

any details on the giveaway?

Offline bukowski

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 06:11:11 »
Beautiful boards. I am a bit sad there is no split space bar option, but I'm in the minority on that for a 65% board I think.
Split Spacebar everywhere my friend. You are not alone. :-)

But what do you mean with there not being an option? Split spacebar is supported by the Think6.5 v2

Offline Kings

I posted this question on IC as well but does anyone know how the schrodinger option works? Will it be one of the pre-selected color ways or completely random pieces ?

Edit: Someone else pointed out it's a custom color they decide on once they get samples. Removed my previous statement.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2020, 15:40:13 by Kings »