Author Topic: [GB] Think6.5 V2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // Completed  (Read 74419 times)

Offline alwaysbless

Is it true that brass is un-treated?

Offline Missingnumber

Re: [GB] Think6.5 V2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 09:22:22 »
Beautiful boards. I am a bit sad there is no split space bar option, but I'm in the minority on that for a 65% board I think.
Split Spacebar everywhere my friend. You are not alone. :-)

But what do you mean with there not being an option? Split spacebar is supported by the Think6.5 v2

Where do you see that? The diagram in the OP only has 6.25u and 7u spacebar options shown.

Offline El_Jackador

Ordered my board! Not gunna lie, ordering so many other colours was a tough test to resist! Can not wait!!

Offline itsprobablyme

**** my life. I spent a ridiculous amount on a frosted pc, snow white and 2 spare pcbs.

Offline solomonshv

From what I previously read, the Schrodinger option will be a random mix of colors and it does not include getting one of the pre-selected options. As in, there is no chance of getting a stormtrooper, or etc, with this method. I believe they also said they will include some aluminum top and PC bottoms in the Schrodinger.

that's unfortunate, i was hoping a totally different random color. like possibly yellow or baby blue. oh well. i guess i'll pass on the Schrodinger
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline prognostics

Missed out on the limited edition version yesterday so I picked up a Schrodinger and Snow White in addition to a couple artisans and an e-yellow badge, if I'm lucky I'll get an e-yellow Schrodinger. :)

Offline VictorVallecano

Will you declare the original price or is there a way to put let's say $20 in the invoice?

Otherwise $370 + crazy expensive $70 shipping + $70 taxes makes it $510 board  :eek:

Offline DukeEsquire

Will you declare the original price or is there a way to put let's say $20 in the invoice?

Otherwise $370 + crazy expensive $70 shipping + $70 taxes makes it $510 board  :eek:

Seems dumb to me to discuss fraud in a online forum, but that's just me.

Offline DukeEsquire

I posted this question on IC as well but does anyone know how the schrodinger option works? Will it be one of the pre-selected color ways or completely random pieces ?

From what I previously read, the Schrodinger option will be a random mix of colors and it does not include getting one of the pre-selected options. As in, there is no chance of getting a stormtrooper, or etc, with this method. I believe they also said they will include some aluminum top and PC bottoms in the Schrodinger.

That's incorrect.

Schrodinger will be a custom color that they decide on once they start getting samples.

It's not just a random top and random bottom.

Offline VictorVallecano

Yeah, definitely just you, because such questions have been discussed many times in other threads (i.e. Fox labs threads for reference).

Offline DukeEsquire

Yeah, definitely just you, because such questions have been discussed many times in other threads (i.e. Fox labs threads for reference).

Wait...how does that make it NOT dumb?

Edit: Also, they've already said on Discord to stop asking about it. Take that how you will.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2020, 13:02:02 by DukeEsquire »

Offline VictorVallecano

Vice versa - why should it be dumb? Quite a standard practice while shopping online at Asian stores. But seems we are moving away from the topic.

The question is still relevant.

Offline DukeEsquire

Vice versa - why should it be dumb? Quite a standard practice while shopping online at Asian stores. But seems we are moving away from the topic.

Because it is illegal to do.

The question is not relevant because they've already said on Discord to stop asking about it.

Offline DreamEscaped

will i be charged VAT? im in USA, NYC. Me and a few friends ordering to save on shipping.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2020, 13:14:32 by DreamEscaped »
YaYa

Offline hkhawk

I posted this question on IC as well but does anyone know how the schrodinger option works? Will it be one of the pre-selected color ways or completely random pieces ?

Pre-selected colorways that the Gray Studio guys think look nice. They should be more unique than the standard color ways.

Offline hkhawk

Offline hkhawk

I grabbed a 2u PC with 3 sets of Schrodinger badges (gotta catch 'em all) and an extra plate and PCB. I am super excited!

Offline alwaysbless

Yes

Wonder how it will hold up long term. Def weary of lacquering it up with a PC case.

Offline FTR_Beat

Thanks for doing this bro!!

Got my order in =)

PS: Ooofff the shipping cost though... sorry couldn't resist.

Offline Kings

That's incorrect.

Schrodinger will be a custom color that they decide on once they start getting samples.

It's not just a random top and random bottom.

Gotcha, I corrected the post to what you said.

Offline EarlAsterisk

This is going to be my first custom keyboard, kinda nervous but mostly excited. Picked up snow white 1U with extra pcb and plate.

Offline hkhawk

This is going to be my first custom keyboard, kinda nervous but mostly excited. Picked up snow white 1U with extra pcb and plate.

You may want an extra vibration pad too to go between the plate and PCB

Offline chancellorr

I'm in for one. Hoping Valentine goes good with MODO Light.

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using Tapatalk

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio

Yes, brass is polished, but not treated otherwise. PVD has not been my friend in the past. It will look great when it is out but brass will age with time, please refrain from adding extra brass if you do not like aged brass, unless you plan to clean it or polish it every 6 months.

If you want quick answer to any questions, please join the discord for answers. Order related questions can be directed to my email.

Offline KuroRyuu86

.......and thats it. From missing out on NK65e to pushing the "complete order" button on this. Also a very big price difference. My wallet is crying. I got the PC version. AUD dollar hurts
Also thanks for keeping it open for 24hrs. I would not have made it otherwise.

Offline bukowski

Re: [GB] Think6.5 V2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 07:46:33 »
Where do you see that? The diagram in the OP only has 6.25u and 7u spacebar options shown.

I am an idiot, sorry. My brain was processing "split backspace".

Offline prognostics

From the discord, looks like this is going to be closing soon with a short window open on Friday:
Wave 1:
Standard Edition GB starts: July 20, 10:30 AM EDT
GB will be open for 24 hours and will close on July 21, at 10:30 AM EDT.
!addons will also close at the same time

Wave 2:
On Friday, July 24th 7:00 PM EDT, when Alexotos goes live (!streams), SE boards and !addons will be available again for purchase during his stream of the e-white Think6.5v2 prototype giveaway build and the GB will close when the stream ends.

Offline Kings

I sent an email but how do we know if multiple orders get combined?

Offline 112227

2u schrodinger ready to roll.

Offline Jyobah

I sent an email but how do we know if multiple orders get combined?

join the discord, all that information is there for easy access

Offline cyanide814

Do you think he will post how many boards were bought in the 1st 24 hours?

Offline Egobean

where do i click to buy?

Offline chancellorr

where do i click to buy?
The first post has the GB link. It was only open for 24 hours. Not sure if it's closed or not.

Offline mvkoto

where do i click to buy?
The first post has the GB link. It was only open for 24 hours. Not sure if it's closed or not.

I think they said they're going to open up the GB for a little bit this friday

Offline Mainian

where do i click to buy?

I think they said they're going to open up the GB for a little bit this friday

That would be nice, I forgot the window was only 24 hours :(

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
Thank you all very much. The Think6.5V2 GB page is closed after 24 hours of opening. I have already ordered the material with the factory manager and the production will start this week.
For those who missed the GB yesterday and would like to join, I will open up some slots for a few hours during the special Alexotos Think6.5V2 e-white prototype giveaway stream this Friday (7PM EDT).

Offline yhs

Because doing so is a criminal offense, so asking someone to do it in public or expecting someone to publicly confirm that they are breaking the law is rather dumb. But what do I know, I'm just a tax lawyer.

Offline harrislp

Thank you all very much. The Think6.5V2 GB page is closed after 24 hours of opening. I have already ordered the material with the factory manager and the production will start this week.
For those who missed the GB yesterday and would like to join, I will open up some slots for a few hours during the special Alexotos Think6.5V2 e-white prototype giveaway stream this Friday (7PM EDT).

Thanks to Potter, Oldcat and the GrayStudios team for putting together such an outstanding group buy for what will no doubt be one of the best 65% boards ever made, and with so many customisation options as well.

Very excited to get my first high end custom keeb and now just have to figure out what switches I am going to put in it.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio

Thanks to Potter, Oldcat and the GrayStudios team for putting together such an outstanding group buy for what will no doubt be one of the best 65% boards ever made, and with so many customisation options as well.

Very excited to get my first high end custom keeb and now just have to figure out what switches I am going to put in it.

Thank you very much for your kind words! I will try to provide updates as often as I can.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
Re: [GB] Think6.5 V2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard //
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 22:12:33 »
Here is Apiary's aluminum build with a typing test with gaterin inks:

https://www.twitch.tv/apiarykeyboards/clip/YawningTriumphantCurlewEagleEye

Offline Penguindropings

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 23:59:37 »
Plate: FR4
Switches: Gateron inks lubed with 205g0
Stabilizers: Durock screw-in
Keycaps: GMK Minimal with GMK Pretty in Pink

Better video:
feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 July 2020, 00:26:15 by Penguindropings »

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 14:34:11 »
Plate: FR4
Switches: Gateron inks lubed with 205g0
Stabilizers: Durock screw-in
Keycaps: GMK Minimal with GMK Pretty in Pink

Better video:
feature=youtu.be

Thank you so much for posting this link! Much appreciated.

Offline Ph0nebook

I’m also in with a schrodinger board and badge set. Excited to see what they send my way!

Offline aprades96

Hey! Is this GB closed?

Can I actually buy it on https://graystudio.club/products/gb-think6-5-v2 ?

Thanks!

EDIT: Bought it! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 July 2020, 08:14:13 by aprades96 »

Offline maximize

Hey! Is this GB closed?

Thanks!

It's closed. If you actually went to the site you linked, you'd see that all options are "sold out".

Offline aprades96

Hey! Is this GB closed?

Thanks!

It's closed. If you actually went to the site you linked, you'd see that all options are "sold out".

I bouhgt it! Thank you anyway! :thumb:

Offline bukowski

Re: [GB] Think6.5 V2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // CNC Machining
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 11:13:02 »
Lol nice one aprades96

Glad you could join during the second window and didn't get bothered by another toxic fellow of this otherwise very wholesome community. :)

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 11:45:52 »
Thank you all! The GB is closed last night and I will be working full speed ahead with production. I will mostly post updates on Instagram (easier for me to post when i am in factory), but please feel free to share the progress on geekhack, and I will try my best to synchronize the updates.

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 12:12:36 »
Giveaway entry is currently live, a Think6.5V2 prototype e-white fully built by @alexotos!
Link to enter: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDEpnkonh-b/

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 13:14:11 »
CNC machining for ThinkV2 is ongoing, and the giveaway winner will be drawn today!