Author Topic: [GB] GMK Civilizations [CLOSED]  (Read 86661 times)

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
[GB] GMK Civilizations [CLOSED]
« on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 12:32:02 »
Hello All,

I'm super excited to be launching the group buy for my first set, GMK Civilizations!

About the Set
I've always been fascinated by history and how various civilizations have built such incredible things as the Pyramids of Giza, Stonehenge, the Great Wall, and many more! This set aims to pay homage to those civilizations long gone by representing these various miraculous constructions -- true wonders of the ancient(ish) world

Where To Buy

US Vendor: Mechs & Co
Canadian Vendor: Ashkeebs
UK Vendor: proto[typist]
EU Vendor: MyKeyboard.eu
Chinese/Asian Vendor: zFrontier
Southeast Asia: Monokei
Oceania: Switchkeys
South America: Fancy Customs

If you're interested in any of our fantastic collaboration (you should be, they're really amazing), check out these links here!

Space Cables: Aviator Cable
Mode Designs: Parthenon 3D Metal Artisan
MarbleK: MarbleK Wrist Rest

Pricing

As you can see by the gaps, there are still a few pricings yet to TBD for collaborations in various regions. Please know that I am working with vendors to get this sorted out as quickly as possible and will be sure to update this chart as soon as I have more information

Kits

Base Kit

The Base Kit aims to provide support for 60%, 65%, 75%, TKL, 96-Key, 1800, and Full Size layouts in both ANSI and basic ISO.

Novelties Kit

A great way to deck out your board, and add that extra little bit of flair. These novelties were designed in a line art style representing many different wonders to match the minimalist nature of the set.

Brass Mods Kit

The Brass Mods kit was designed to provide a little bit of extra contrast for those who prefer a more dual-toned keyboard.

Spacebars Kit

The Spacebars Kit aim's to provide support for more niche layouts, such as Alice style boards -- of course there's an extra B!

40s/Ortho Kit

This relatively small 40s/Ortho kit is designed to provide support for the most common 40% and orthographic layouts while keeping the cost down.
The render posted here previously (before Jan 25th) was inaccurate and contained a 1.5u shift that was removed from the final 40s/ortho kit. If your purchased the kit based on that, please reach out to the vendor that you purchased from and request a refund

Deskmats

Landscape

Pillars

Collaborations

I'm super happy to announce that we have a lot of really exciting collaborations for this project! Some of these links will be changing shortly as soon as our amazing co-conspirators get their store listings up.

RAMA Caps

In a set where one of the colors is "brass", I would be remiss to not have some brass RAMA artisans! In keeping with the minimalist style of the set however, I wanted to offer a white variant of the Parthenon as well. The white variant of the Parthenon key is made of aluminum and finished with an e-white coating and an enamel inlay, whereas the other two caps are machined out of brass to a smooth polish and then PVD coated before the white enamel inlay is added.

White Parthenon

Brass Parthenon

Brass Great Wall

Space Cables

This flawless cable features a white sleeved cable wrapped in techflex for durability, and a cerakoted aviator connector for a little extra flare. Check it out here

CraftKey Resin Cast Artisans

These incredibly detailed artisans depict the Easter Island Moaia and an ancient Egyptian throne room. These can be found on our vendor's store pages in DOM or SA profile. Please note that these keys will not be the same profile as the rest of the keyset.

Mode Designs

This one is really something else. Generatively designed and manufactured with additive techniques out of 316L steel and finished with a bronze coating followed by a gloss laquer, this is a must have!

MarbleK Wrist Rest

Renders
See how the set looks on various boards!

RAMA Works M60-A

More
GMMK Pro

Adélie by Abec13

Mode 80 by Mode Designs

J0-2 by proto[typist]

Mercury 65 by RocketKeyboards

http://Iron 165 by Smith & Rune

Thank You!

I want to give a huge thank you to all the people that helped me along the way with this project, I couldn't have done it with you!

• Nathan for being so patient with helping me learn to render
  • My amazing vendors who have helped me figure out what's going on
  • The awesome team at the KDD for getting me off the ground in the first place and always giving valuable feedback
  • Kostantin for the invaluable help with kitting decisions
  • Ben for always being a great sounding board and giving honest opinions
  • Kate from RAMA WORKS for being so patient in telling me that I can't draw straight lines in illustrator
  • The mech keyboard community for keeping me going and excited about this project

Signature

If you'd like to show your support for this set, please consider adding this signature to your geekhack profile!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108877.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/jKxQNXo.jpg[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Tue, 31 October 2023, 11:20:07 by twgecko02 »

Offline mrvco

Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations - Now Live!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 14:57:02 »
This is very tasteful and tempting.  Any particular reason why the R3 Control key has a text legend in the Brass Mods kit and an ^ icon legend in the base kit?

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 14:59:10 »
This is very tasteful and tempting.  Any particular reason why the R3 Control key has a text legend in the Brass Mods kit and an ^ icon legend in the base kit?

Yes there is a particular reason. I forgot to change the Brass Mods one :eek:.
Thanks for catching that, I'll render that out tonight and make sure that everything gets updated ASAP.

Fixed
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 January 2021, 15:54:55 by twgecko02 »

Offline mrvco

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 16:09:29 »

Yes there is a particular reason. I forgot to change the Brass Mods one :eek:.
Thanks for catching that, I'll render that out tonight and make sure that everything gets updated ASAP.

Fixed

That was quick, looks great!

Offline productkun

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 16:54:21 »
Ordered a base kit, thanks for the full kit again! :)

Offline Mojo_lo

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 17:25:32 »
Just bought damn near everything you had listed. Can't wait for it to get here!
Daily Driver: Space65 CV Ocean | Duck Orion v3 Silver/Black | Cajal Bushido Red

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 23:13:13 »
Ordered a base kit, thanks for the full kit again! :)

Happy that you all could make me see sense with my kitting   ;)

Offline Mr_Quaternions

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 08:13:15 »
I'm building my first mk, full-size. I'm happy to report I've exceeded the budget I'd set myself, on the keycaps alone. :rolleyes:
Arf, if I'm going to spend 10hrs+ on my pc everyday, I might as well have something that feels good.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 January 2021, 11:01:06 by Mr_Quaternions »

Offline mustardgreens

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 10:33:10 »
I'm building my first mk, full-size. I'm happy to report I've exceeded the budget I'd set myself, on the keycaps alone. :rolleyes:
Arf, if I'm going to spend 10hrs+ on your pc everyday, I might as well have something that feels good.

That's the spirit! Now, remember to look back at this moment in 2 years when you have 3 keyboards and 5 keysets

Offline pntm2006

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 17:39:18 »
The set looks great and the Parthenon artisan is fabulous.
Really considering in joining this GB.

Offline ImBakinBacon

• Hello!
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 19:22:15 »
I'm a huge fan of the set and excited to join the GB! Thanks for the great design!

Offline metreo

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 19:27:08 »
this is a totally beastly set of keys

Offline Winzel

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 21:15:31 »
Sadly, there's no gold colored novelties for R4 to go with the brass mods.
The good news is i don't have to buy the brass mods too. base+novelties, and maybe the rama ansi enter.

Offline svenge

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 22:53:09 »
who thinks this would look A+ on a white sat 75 r2?

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 00:04:26 »
I just bought a 40s set.
The first day the IC was posted, I knew that this would look soooo good on my white Adélie, and those renders are just spot on.

Btw, did you end up editing the 40s kit around giving it 1U backspace?
I'm fine either way, but just want some clarification regarding the conversation at the end of the IC thread.

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 10:16:28 »
I just bought a 40s set.
The first day the IC was posted, I knew that this would look soooo good on my white Adélie, and those renders are just spot on.

Btw, did you end up editing the 40s kit around giving it 1U backspace?
I'm fine either way, but just want some clarification regarding the conversation at the end of the IC thread.

I can't believe I've done this. This is the old render for my 40s kit! The new one includes a 1u backspace and the 1.5u shift has been removed. I'll be updating that ASAP and asking all my vendors to inform people who have the 40s kit that if they did so under the pretense of the 1.5u shift being included, they will be refunded at my expense if necessary.

Offline UberB

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 23:26:26 »
Waited a long time for this set. In for the base, brass mods, novelties, and deskmat. GL with the GB!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 23:32:41 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 January 2021, 00:18:02 by dvorcol »

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 03:16:38 »
I might buy one more 40s set just to hit the MOQ... I need this on my Adélie.

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 16:28:38 »
I might buy one more 40s set just to hit the MOQ... I need this on my Adélie.

I appreciate the support, but we're in no rush to be cutting kits this early on ;) Although I can't make any guarantees, I would be very surprised if we didn't end up producing all kits the way that our numbers are looking so far.

Offline sneekypoo

Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations - Now Live - Day 2 Numbers
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 01:17:13 »
Love to see these amazing numbers so early in GB. Looks like this set will be a hit! Picked up a base set myself  :thumb:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 22:44:32 »

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 18:57:39 »
hello,

which vendor will be checking the color matching with you?
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 21:29:26 »
hello,

which vendor will be checking the color matching with you?

I'll primarily be working with my lead vendor, Mechs & Co for the color matching process. As I'm new to this however, I am not at all hesitant to reach out to my other vendors or other experts in the community should it be necessary for us to get additional opinions/help, as I am determined to deliver the best possible results.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations - Now Live - Week 1 Numbers Posted
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 20:40:28 »

Offline HelloThisIsDog

Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations - Now Live - Week 1 Numbers Posted
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 00:18:44 »
This will be my first group buy and I'm trying my best to strategize my limited budget with the combination of things I'd like to have (do I get the brass mods, the mode artisan, or the brass RAMA?? what about space bars?) Really pumped to place my order soon!

Just a little note, I appreciate the artsy cropped renders but would have loved to see just a straight up full-view shot of certain boards, especially a complete one of the brass mods like the gmmk pro. Thanks for your hard work!

Edit: Literally just found what I wanted, seems it's only posted on the AU vendor?

https://www.switchkeys.com.au/products/gmk-civilizations
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 February 2021, 00:54:28 by HelloThisIsDog »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations - MOQ Met On All Kits But 40s!
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 20:42:30 »

Edit: changed to 27 Feb end date
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2021, 18:35:11 by dvorcol »

Offline geistmate

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 21:02:10 »
Just picked up base, novelties, spacebars, both RAMAs, desk mat, AND the Parthenon! This is endgame for sure, I'm looking forward to this. Q4 2021 is very highly optimistic though, isn't it? Considering how big GMK's backlog is at the moment and most GMK sets are consistently getting pushed back 3-4 months.

Offline candravamsa

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 09:48:48 »
Is it true that it will be going until the 28th? If so that is perfect!

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 12:37:16 »

Yes, it is true! The 27th will be the last day of the group buy. It was originally set for the 23rd, but we wanted to move it back because ending in the middle of the week felt a little bit awkward.

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 09:29:28 »
Just picked up base, novelties, spacebars, both RAMAs, desk mat, AND the Parthenon! This is endgame for sure, I'm looking forward to this. Q4 2021 is very highly optimistic though, isn't it? Considering how big GMK's backlog is at the moment and most GMK sets are consistently getting pushed back 3-4 months.

Q4 2021 is the current estimate based on the lead time we have been provided by GMK, but it is possible that would get pushed back due to any number of factors. I wish I could provide more accurate or detailed information on exactly when it'll ship, but the best I can do is to be sure that I'm transparent and frequent with updates as we know more!

Offline candravamsa

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 09:44:14 »

Yes, it is true! The 27th will be the last day of the group buy. It was originally set for the 23rd, but we wanted to move it back because ending in the middle of the week felt a little bit awkward.

That's awesome thank you!!

Offline geistmate

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 12:04:38 »

Haha, no worries at all! I know there's lots of external factors when it comes to actual GMK ship date but it's not something I'm concerned about. The set looks amazing and I'm excited to get mine. :)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations - FINAL WEEK - Ending Feb 27th
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 13:53:17 »

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 18:21:49 »
Nice run man! Honestly the set isn't for me because I have enough white alpha keycap sets, but everything is clean as can be. I especially like the artisans. Can't wait to see what the numbers after extras are like.

Offline smshark

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 13:57:29 »
How are you feeling about the 40s kit? If it doesn't hit MOQ alone in the next few days even with the final rush - is it within reach for buyout?

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 09:43:46 »
How are you feeling about the 40s kit? If it doesn't hit MOQ alone in the next few days even with the final rush - is it within reach for buyout?

I can only speak for myself and not my vendors here, but I feel fairly confident that we will be within reach for buyout by the end of the week!

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 10:27:49 »

Just wanted to clarify that I was mistaken! The GB will be ending on the 27th, meaning 11:59pm of tonight, February 26th the group buy will close

This was incorrect. In an effort to unify our end dates/times across different vendors, Mechs and Co has bumped back the end time until 11:59pm, tomorrow, Saturday February 27th. Sorry for all the back and forth / confusion!
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2021, 21:51:26 by twgecko02 »

Offline MichelKami

Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations - LAST DAY to Join Group Buy!
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 12:11:20 »
Really looking forward to this!

Offline lz2019

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 23:40:17 »
will the RAMA Caps and Mode Designs' Parthenon ship together with GMK? or will they be fulfilled earlier?
thanks.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2021, 23:42:19 by lz2019 »

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 01:08:29 »
will the RAMA Caps and Mode Designs' Parthenon ship together with GMK? or will they be fulfilled earlier?
thanks.

Mode parthenon ships in April, the site says

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 08:58:35 »
thanks.

The RAMA caps will ship with GMK orders, and the Parthenon one will ship independently, estimated date for that is sometime in April.

Offline lz2019

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 22:30:34 »
The RAMA caps will ship with GMK orders, and the Parthenon one will ship independently, estimated date for that is sometime in April.

got it.
the artisan caps here are really good, I finally picked up most of the items in the last day, cheers!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations -- GB CLOSED
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 00:47:42 »
Final without extras

Edit: revised X max to match with extras
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 March 2021, 18:16:35 by dvorcol »

Offline ForsakenCoffee

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 18:49:15 »
Congrats on a very successful GB! Im super excited to receive this set! let the wait begin lol.

Offline dudewth

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 16:34:54 »
Awesome!

Offline Trivent

• Trivent Keyboards
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 17:19:26 »
Late to it but hopefully it'll go out to pre-order on a US/NA vendor :/

Offline AlphaPeon

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 10:24:50 »
This was my first my group buy and I went in hard. I can't wait!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 18:15:10 »
Final with extras

More
<-- without extras

Offline xavierlh

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 18:13:35 »
so disappointed I couldn't get into the GB.
truly an amazing kit.
wish there's gonna be extras, pre-order or round 2.

Offline dstaar

« Reply #50 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 21:59:47 »
mechsandco is selling extras, grab one if you want.

Offline blinja

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 12:09:39 »
Is there a discord for this key cap set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mr_Quaternions

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 06:19:12 »
Up.
Any news ? a discord, an ETA or whatever ?

Offline daft.builds

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 07:21:09 »
Same here. Wondering if theres any updates

Offline HyeongGeun

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 01:19:13 »
GMK Civilizations is white Ws1?Is it ws2?

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 13:30:41 »
Is there a discord for this key cap set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the process of setting up my own discord server for this and future projects, but for now you can join the M&C discord and check out the #gmk-civilizations channel for the latest updates and information. https://discord.gg/Ds4mWkcns6

Up.
Any news ? a discord, an ETA or whatever ?

^^ -- Latest estimates are believed to be around early Q2 of 2022, but this is based on information from other sets and delays that have occurred. We have not requested or received any formal updates on the manufacturing but I can look into this.

Same here. Wondering if theres any updates

^^

GMK Civilizations is white Ws1?Is it ws2?

GMK Civilizations uses WS1
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 November 2021, 13:32:15 by twgecko02 »

Offline xikanx

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 19 June 2022, 11:56:57 »
whats the update on this set?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 19 June 2022, 13:20:38 »
On the discord linked above, the April update said August. Note that’s for EU folks, other vendors wait a coupla weeks to nearly a month for USA.

This closed…later in Feb? 2021, so September would be 18 months from GB close and about right for a set where there was a custom color.

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations -- GB CLOSED -- In Production as of 8/7/22
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 28 August 2022, 11:08:03 »
Hey everyone, sorry for the poor communication and lack of updates over the last few months -- I have been away from the scene and traveling, but I'm happy to be back!

To provide an update; GMK Civilizations has been in production since August 7th, and they are currently working on sorting and packing everything up over at GMK. I'll be sure to update the thread as soon as the set is shipping to vendors!

Offline CJC-DS

Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations -- Shipping to Vendors!
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 07 November 2022, 23:17:05 »
Hi, I got my 40s kit, but it's missing the R2 1u backspace. - different from the kit photo in post.

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 10:24:31 »
Hi, I got my 40s kit, but it's missing the R2 1u backspace. - different from the kit photo in post.
Can confirm the same, missing R2 1u backspace from 40s kit.  Taking this to my vendor, Ashkeebs.

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 18:29:02 »
Can confirm the same, missing R2 1u backspace from 40s kit.  Taking this to my vendor, Ashkeebs.
Show Image

Thank you for bringing this to my attention -- I seem to have made a mistake with submitting an incorrect render to GMK for production. I'm speaking with my vendors now about how we rectify this situation and will update everyone as soon as we have a definitive solution.

Edit Nov 27: Providing an update here for the purpose of transparency and clarity; my vendors and I are reaching out to GMK about getting a replacement kit made up to hopefully be able to provide the missing keys on request. Should that prove prohibitively expensive, or not possible, I aim to offer the option of a full refund/return to any and all customers that were banking on that key in the kit. Exactly what this process will look like will depend on the vendor, and moving forward I'll be sure to hash out an exact plan with each of them and provide updates as soon as I have them. Sorry to everyone that was looking forward to this set and was disappointed or unable to use it as intended. This was a dumb mistake that I'm kicking myself for, but will do my best to make it right.

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 November 2022, 15:32:10 by twgecko02 »

Offline JbstormburstADV

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 09:05:38 »
Is there a chance this also affected either base or brass mods?  I might be tripping, and I can't look at it myself until I get home from work, but I swear that the shorter backspace is missing from there as well, though don't quote me on that.  I'll have an update tonight.

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 14:23:13 »
Is there a chance this also affected either base or brass mods?  I might be tripping, and I can't look at it myself until I get home from work, but I swear that the shorter backspace is missing from there as well, though don't quote me on that.  I'll have an update tonight.

If you are missing that key it is an unrelated issue. The production renders that I received from GMK seem to include the 1.5u backspace in both kits, but I can of course double check that as soon as I get home as well. If you are missing that key, please reach out to your vendor.

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 17 December 2022, 20:11:53 »
Is there any update on the 1u backspace?

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 11:37:01 »

Not yet, M&C have been in contact with GMK but I haven't heard back from them in a while. I'll keep bumping my conversations with them and update here as soon as I have more info.

Offline jesse_le

• Pcraft.Studio
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 07:14:20 »

Not yet, M&C have been in contact with GMK but I haven't heard back from them in a while. I'll keep bumping my conversations with them and update here as soon as I have more info.

hiii, do you have a discord server that I can join?
P.craft Studio | Artisan Maker | www.pcraft.studio | https://discord.gg/jZGkhDyuKB

Offline StrangPrisoner

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 10:58:38 »

Here's an invite to the Mechs & Co. server. Fair warning, I have seen no updates as to this particular inquiry.

Offline jesse_le

• Pcraft.Studio
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 18 January 2023, 05:44:36 »

Here's an invite to the Mechs & Co. server. Fair warning, I have seen no updates as to this particular inquiry.

Thanks for the head-up! I couldn't find the invite though.
P.craft Studio | Artisan Maker | www.pcraft.studio | https://discord.gg/jZGkhDyuKB

Offline StrangPrisoner

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 11:00:43 »

Here you go: https://discord.gg/mechsandco
Total Copy/Paste fail on my end. Sorry about that.

Offline jesse_le

• Pcraft.Studio
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 09:00:02 »

Thanksss! Appreciated!

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 31 October 2023, 11:19:41 »

Thanksss! Appreciated!

Just following up on this situation; this obviously wasn't a priority for Mechs and Co considering everything that was going on with them. I'm obviously not happy with how they handled everything, and would like to find a solution or compensation for people impacted by this missing key. At this point it seems fair to write off the possibility of a replacement key manufactured by GMK. Unfortunately as a current college student I don't have the financial liquidity to shoulder the burden of direct refunds/compensation myself. I'm hoping that after KBM Civilizations runs I'll be able to offer at least some form of compensation to those who bought the 40s kit on the basis of being able to use that 1u backspace. I can't make any guarantees but I can promise that I'll revisit this issue and do what I can to come to a fair result.