Author Topic: [GB] GMK Civilizations [CLOSED]  (Read 86660 times)

Offline dstaar

Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations -- GB CLOSED
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 21:59:47 »
mechsandco is selling extras, grab one if you want.

Offline blinja

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 12:09:39 »
Is there a discord for this key cap set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mr_Quaternions

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 06:19:12 »
Up.
Any news ? a discord, an ETA or whatever ?

Offline daft.builds

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 07:21:09 »
Same here. Wondering if theres any updates

Offline HyeongGeun

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 01:19:13 »
GMK Civilizations is white Ws1?Is it ws2?

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 13:30:41 »
Is there a discord for this key cap set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the process of setting up my own discord server for this and future projects, but for now you can join the M&C discord and check out the #gmk-civilizations channel for the latest updates and information. https://discord.gg/Ds4mWkcns6

Up.
Any news ? a discord, an ETA or whatever ?

^^ -- Latest estimates are believed to be around early Q2 of 2022, but this is based on information from other sets and delays that have occurred. We have not requested or received any formal updates on the manufacturing but I can look into this.

Same here. Wondering if theres any updates

^^

GMK Civilizations is white Ws1?Is it ws2?

GMK Civilizations uses WS1
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 November 2021, 13:32:15 by twgecko02 »

Offline xikanx

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 19 June 2022, 11:56:57 »
whats the update on this set?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 19 June 2022, 13:20:38 »
On the discord linked above, the April update said August. Note that’s for EU folks, other vendors wait a coupla weeks to nearly a month for USA.

This closed…later in Feb? 2021, so September would be 18 months from GB close and about right for a set where there was a custom color.

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations -- GB CLOSED -- In Production as of 8/7/22
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 28 August 2022, 11:08:03 »
Hey everyone, sorry for the poor communication and lack of updates over the last few months -- I have been away from the scene and traveling, but I'm happy to be back!

To provide an update; GMK Civilizations has been in production since August 7th, and they are currently working on sorting and packing everything up over at GMK. I'll be sure to update the thread as soon as the set is shipping to vendors!

Offline CJC-DS

Re: [GB] GMK Civilizations -- Shipping to Vendors!
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 07 November 2022, 23:17:05 »
Hi, I got my 40s kit, but it's missing the R2 1u backspace. - different from the kit photo in post.

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 10:24:31 »
Hi, I got my 40s kit, but it's missing the R2 1u backspace. - different from the kit photo in post.
Can confirm the same, missing R2 1u backspace from 40s kit.  Taking this to my vendor, Ashkeebs.

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 18:29:02 »
Can confirm the same, missing R2 1u backspace from 40s kit.  Taking this to my vendor, Ashkeebs.
Show Image

Thank you for bringing this to my attention -- I seem to have made a mistake with submitting an incorrect render to GMK for production. I'm speaking with my vendors now about how we rectify this situation and will update everyone as soon as we have a definitive solution.

Edit Nov 27: Providing an update here for the purpose of transparency and clarity; my vendors and I are reaching out to GMK about getting a replacement kit made up to hopefully be able to provide the missing keys on request. Should that prove prohibitively expensive, or not possible, I aim to offer the option of a full refund/return to any and all customers that were banking on that key in the kit. Exactly what this process will look like will depend on the vendor, and moving forward I'll be sure to hash out an exact plan with each of them and provide updates as soon as I have them. Sorry to everyone that was looking forward to this set and was disappointed or unable to use it as intended. This was a dumb mistake that I'm kicking myself for, but will do my best to make it right.

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 November 2022, 15:32:10 by twgecko02 »

Offline JbstormburstADV

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 09:05:38 »
Is there a chance this also affected either base or brass mods?  I might be tripping, and I can't look at it myself until I get home from work, but I swear that the shorter backspace is missing from there as well, though don't quote me on that.  I'll have an update tonight.

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 14:23:13 »
Is there a chance this also affected either base or brass mods?  I might be tripping, and I can't look at it myself until I get home from work, but I swear that the shorter backspace is missing from there as well, though don't quote me on that.  I'll have an update tonight.

If you are missing that key it is an unrelated issue. The production renders that I received from GMK seem to include the 1.5u backspace in both kits, but I can of course double check that as soon as I get home as well. If you are missing that key, please reach out to your vendor.

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 17 December 2022, 20:11:53 »
Is there any update on the 1u backspace?

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 11:37:01 »

Not yet, M&C have been in contact with GMK but I haven't heard back from them in a while. I'll keep bumping my conversations with them and update here as soon as I have more info.

Offline jesse_le

• Pcraft.Studio
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 07:14:20 »

Not yet, M&C have been in contact with GMK but I haven't heard back from them in a while. I'll keep bumping my conversations with them and update here as soon as I have more info.

hiii, do you have a discord server that I can join?
P.craft Studio | Artisan Maker | www.pcraft.studio | https://discord.gg/jZGkhDyuKB

Offline StrangPrisoner

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 10:58:38 »

Here's an invite to the Mechs & Co. server. Fair warning, I have seen no updates as to this particular inquiry.

Offline jesse_le

• Pcraft.Studio
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 18 January 2023, 05:44:36 »

Here's an invite to the Mechs & Co. server. Fair warning, I have seen no updates as to this particular inquiry.

Thanks for the head-up! I couldn't find the invite though.
P.craft Studio | Artisan Maker | www.pcraft.studio | https://discord.gg/jZGkhDyuKB

Offline StrangPrisoner

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 11:00:43 »

Here you go: https://discord.gg/mechsandco
Total Copy/Paste fail on my end. Sorry about that.

Offline jesse_le

• Pcraft.Studio
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 09:00:02 »

Thanksss! Appreciated!

Offline twgecko02

• GMK Civilizations
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 31 October 2023, 11:19:41 »

Thanksss! Appreciated!

Just following up on this situation; this obviously wasn't a priority for Mechs and Co considering everything that was going on with them. I'm obviously not happy with how they handled everything, and would like to find a solution or compensation for people impacted by this missing key. At this point it seems fair to write off the possibility of a replacement key manufactured by GMK. Unfortunately as a current college student I don't have the financial liquidity to shoulder the burden of direct refunds/compensation myself. I'm hoping that after KBM Civilizations runs I'll be able to offer at least some form of compensation to those who bought the 40s kit on the basis of being able to use that 1u backspace. I can't make any guarantees but I can promise that I'll revisit this issue and do what I can to come to a fair result.