Author Topic: [GB] DCS Delftware | Keycaps shipping to vendors!  (Read 28823 times)

Offline Zephyraeon

[GB] DCS Delftware | Keycaps shipping to vendors!
« on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 01:49:52 »
DCS Delftware
Based on porcelain art

Inspired by ceramic art famous in the Dutch city of Delft. The colours, novelties and sublegends are based on real hand-painted ceramic artwork, with over 25 unique sublegends designed to make your keyboard stand out.

The beautiful, delicate sublegends give the set a more human feel, bringing more warmth and life to a classy set.

Renders + fonts used are a representation of the final product but are not 100% accurate due to limitations. Renders are done with Cherry profile caps, with a similar but not identical font. Font during production will be Gorton as used for DCS Red Alert and DCS Yuri.

This set will run in dye-sublimated PBT in DCS profile by Signature Plastics (SP) to allow for many unique sublegends without increased tooling cost. GB fulfillment is estimated to occur Q4 2021.

Dedicated discord channels to discuss the set here, courtesy of NZ streamer Epsilon Keyboards.

Vendors + Pricing:
Vendor Region Base kit Novelties Numpad RAMA Deskmats
Project Keyboard NA $140USD $39USD $34USD $56USD $17USD
MyKeyboard.eu EU €141EUR €41EUR €36EUR €56EUR €20EUR
ILUMKB SEA $202SGD $56SGD $49SGD $80SGD $27SGD
Daily Clack AU/NZ $202AUD $56AUD $49AUD $80.70AUD $27AUD
AlphaKeys.ca Canada $140USD $39USD $34USD $56USD $17USD
ProtoTypist UK £121GBP £33GBP £29GBP £48GBP £18GBP
zFrontier China ¥1088CNY ¥275CNY ¥242CNY ¥375CNY ¥120CNY
zFrontier Global $185USD $43USD $37USD $58USD $20USD

Kits:
Disclaimer: Renders + fonts used are a representation of the final product but are not 100% accurate due to limitations. Renders are done with Cherry profile caps, with a similar but not identical font. Font during production will be Gorton as used for DCS Red Alert and DCS Yuri.

Base kit | $140USD | 250 MOQ

Numpad kit | $34USD | 100 MOQ

Novelties kit | $39USD | 100 MOQ

Deskmats - $17USD each
We have three deskmat designs for Delftware:

Pattern

Inverse Pattern

Place Setting

RAMA cap | $56USD | 100 MOQ
PVD Brass keycap in DCS R1 profile

Board renders
More
Bean - Kingk22

Silver En Dash - Finderworks

PC Tengu - Finderworks

Navy Constellation - AEboards

Keycap samples and colours
More

The base kit and dye-sub PBT are using SP's default PBT colour WAN. The dye-sub legends in the sample above closely match Pantone 2726C. Based on responses from the IC form this will be the final blue.

Forum signature

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112032.00][img width=200 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/FrjM0CK.png[/img][/url]

Big thank you to all that have helped, and the lovely vendors who have supported this GB. Kingk22 (again) for renders and emotional support, Agilr for feedback on the design and colour matching, Would for advice on typography and fonts, Gok for advice on designing a dyesub keycap set and general design tips, Epsilon for general support and letting me piggyback off your discord channel, Peaches for emotional support, and the Finder Works and NZ discord groups and IC form fillers for general feedback. Couldn't have done it without you guys <3

Click here for discord link
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 October 2021, 18:30:25 by Zephyraeon »

Offline paulgali

• SKME
Re: [GB] DCS Delftware | 1-30 April | PBT Dye-sub
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 08:36:10 »
From one DCS fan to another, I hope this is a success. DCS PBT is expensive, but so, so worth it. GLWGB!

Offline acitrin

• https://acitrin.design/
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:37:59 »
Congrats, Zeph! I’m so happy that this project is coming to fruition :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:44:38 »
in
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 11:03:13 »
Hi there I  will buy it if I have enough money  I really want some dcs
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline vanyll

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 03:14:01 »
Congrats on the GB! Spent much too much on this one...
Looking forward to trying DCS for the first time with this set.

Offline Mikhail

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 19:22:18 »
Thin?

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 19:28:22 »
So in on this, getting a base + numpad as soon as my next check hits on mon! Congrats on getting this to GB & I hope it is a smashing success!

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 20:18:56 »
Thanks everyone for the support! I've also spent too much on this so know the feeling :p

Thin?

DCS is thinner than GMK, yes, but quality is still there. I've had some discussions about the thinness of DCS on the Delftware discord channels and my general thoughts are that thin vs thick isn't really a great measure of quality, as long as the plastic quality is high enough, and it isn't so thin it'll chip easily. I didn't decide to go for DCS until I'd received the samples shown in the post above, because I wanted to be sure that Delftware would be a high quality set. Most of the keycaps I currently own are GMK so I definitely understand quality concerns - it just didn't make sense to use GMK for Delftware given the additional cost of all the custom sublegends especially considering it's primarily a blue on white set (perfect for dye-sub). I can't speak for the sound profile of DCS as I haven't got enough caps on me for a full board, but in terms of dye-sub and keycap quality I've been convinced.

Here's a photo of the underside of my Delftware samples vs GMK just in case anyone is curious:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 20:34:21 »
a lot of people **** on DCS for no reason other than because everyone else ****s on it

don't knock it till you try it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Mikhail

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 10:14:39 »
Thanks everyone for the support! I've also spent too much on this so know the feeling :p

Thin?

DCS is thinner than GMK, yes, but quality is still there. I've had some discussions about the thinness of DCS on the Delftware discord channels and my general thoughts are that thin vs thick isn't really a great measure of quality, as long as the plastic quality is high enough, and it isn't so thin it'll chip easily. I didn't decide to go for DCS until I'd received the samples shown in the post above, because I wanted to be sure that Delftware would be a high quality set. Most of the keycaps I currently own are GMK so I definitely understand quality concerns - it just didn't make sense to use GMK for Delftware given the additional cost of all the custom sublegends especially considering it's primarily a blue on white set (perfect for dye-sub). I can't speak for the sound profile of DCS as I haven't got enough caps on me for a full board, but in terms of dye-sub and keycap quality I've been convinced.

Here's a photo of the underside of my Delftware samples vs GMK just in case anyone is curious:
Show Image

a lot of people **** on DCS for no reason other than because everyone else ****s on it

I love DCS profile more than Cherry, and i have DCS CC&G, White alphas, midnight modiefers, few old thin sets. I use it with silent switches, but with normal switches the sound is too high and annoying. Now i purchase a thick DCS from WYSE PCE ansi. It must be killer)

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 12:55:45 »
Yes!  Let's goo!  :D  I've been waiting for this one for a while.  Any signature banner avail?

Offline pastelnostalgia

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 16:34:40 »
Love this set. Planning to hop on next week!

Is there a matching USB cable?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 19:16:41 »

Edit: no Deskmat MOQs
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 21:03:06 by dvorcol »

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 18:54:19 »
Love this set. Planning to hop on next week!

Is there a matching USB cable?

No USB cable collabs unfortunately, I spent all my effort pre-GB trying (and failing) to find artisan collabs, but any white cable should work!

Yes!  Let's goo!  :D  I've been waiting for this one for a while.  Any signature banner avail?

Good idea, I've created a signature banner and added it to the main post:

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112032.00][img width=200 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/FrjM0CK.png[/img][/url]

Thanks everyone for your support so far. I'm so grateful to everyone that has enjoyed Delftware, it means a lot to me that people appreciate the effort I've put into the design. If we keep up the week 1 momentum we should be able to hit MOQ! Fingers crossed :)

Offline justinhigley

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 21:43:08 »
Consider trying an underrated profile. Consider joining a GB where you receive product in the same year you ordered. Consider Delftware!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 20:00:18 »

Edit: no Deskmat MOQs
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 21:01:43 by dvorcol »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 14:57:44 »
in

ok actually placed my order now hopefully this can make it, this is one of the cooler sets i've seen in recent memory

Offline vanyll

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 03:59:32 »
Consider trying an underrated profile. Consider joining a GB where you receive product in the same year you ordered. Consider Delftware!
Ok guys, seriously: no slacking now! Join this truly unique set today!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 08:36:50 »
I like DCS PBT.

Are the short space bars convex (space bar profile) or concave (Shift key shape) ?
Which colour code is the white plastic?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 10:12:49 »
I like DCS PBT.

Are the short space bars convex (space bar profile) or concave (Shift key shape) ?

I don't believe SP has convex molds for short spacebars in DCS, but I've been wrong before.

It says in the OP that the white is WAN.

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 16:37:38 »
I like DCS PBT.

There are no convex short spacebars in DCS unfortunately. I was looking into offering these but tooling costs were very high (thousands of dollars) and with current sales there's no way I can afford to subsidise them. We need to sell about 1k base kits for it to get to a point where it is viable.

And as Puddsy said, white is WAN, so if you want to get other keys made from SP (e.g. in the future if they make DCS convex spacebars moulds) you will have that option. I'll definitely be taking it up if it ever happens.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 00:39:29 »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 09:05:51 »
Buy this, you ****s!!
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 02:59:23 »
Got some real life photos of the samples on a couple boards so you can see how they look. Note these photos were taken on an iPhone 7 and have not been edited/colour balanced. The photo of the samples in the original post are most accurate colourwise.

Note: The line thickness for the sublegends has been thinned so the alphas + sublegends will have consistent line thickness. The colour + font + sizing in these photos will not change for the final product.

Indoor, natural lighting, on an e-white board with brass accent. Blue looks a bit darker in this photo than it is.

Outdoor in the shade, natural lighting, on a silver board with polished SS plate. Blue looks a bit lighter in this photo than it is.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 09:46:48 »
Got some real life photos of the samples on a couple boards so you can see how they look. Note these photos were taken on an iPhone 7 and have not been edited/colour balanced. The photo of the samples in the original post are most accurate colourwise.

Note: The line thickness for the sublegends has been thinned so the alphas + sublegends will have consistent line thickness. The colour + font + sizing in these photos will not change for the final product.

Indoor, natural lighting, on an e-white board with brass accent. Blue looks a bit darker in this photo than it is.
Show Image

Outdoor in the shade, natural lighting, on a silver board with polished SS plate. Blue looks a bit lighter in this photo than it is.
Show Image

yo this is super nice

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 18:28:46 »

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 19:05:40 »
This is a good set to invest in, btw. It will cost a fortune on mm due to rarity and uniqueness.

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 07:48:44 »
It is possible that this will make MOQ if each vendor orders enough extras, but its looking sketchy! Gonna be a nail-biter.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 09:36:21 »
Treeleaf has purchased. Good job treeleaf

What's lead time on SP atm by the way?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 09:41:56 »
This is a good set to invest in, btw. It will cost a fortune on mm due to rarity and uniqueness.

that would imply that people want to buy it in the first place

which they should, but that's beside the point

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 19:12:23 »

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 19:32:44 »
Treeleaf has purchased. Good job treeleaf

What's lead time on SP atm by the way?

We've been quoted a timeframe of about 3 months from GB end for the sets to ship from SP (assuming no other delays), so there's a chance these will arrive Q3, but we've estimated for Q4 to account for any unexpected delays.

It is possible that this will make MOQ if each vendor orders enough extras, but its looking sketchy! Gonna be a nail-biter.

I'm expecting that all kits will be made through vendors buying out extras, this hasn't been confirmed though - waiting to see what the final order numbers look like. The RAMA cap is most at risk, as vendors don't tend to buy too many extras.

Offline grimis

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 20:27:33 »
How is the turn around time so fast when SA sets are over a year? Does the profile actually make a difference? I would have figured it's all in the same queue. I'm just curious and ignorant to it all.

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 00:27:29 »
How is the turn around time so fast when SA sets are over a year? Does the profile actually make a difference? I would have figured it's all in the same queue. I'm just curious and ignorant to it all.

I'm not 100% certain but given I've seen similar 3-month timeframes for SP's DSS and DSA GBs I can only assume that SP's queues are dependent on profile. Not sure why that is but it seems like as long as you're not ordering SA from SP the turn around is very fast.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 10:14:20 »
I can only assume that SP's queues are dependent on profile.

been known for a while that this is the case, i've seen the DCS queue as low as 4 weeks when the SA queue was over a year

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 14:21:24 »

been known for a while that this is the case, i've seen the DCS queue as low as 4 weeks when the SA queue was over a year

It could also have to do with material.  These arePBT with dye sub legends, while SA is dual-shot ABS.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 03:34:00 »
This is cool I haven't seen a DCS set in a minute.

Yeah, a lot of the DCS haters haven't even tried it and just join in with the others.
I've seen someone say it's the same as OEM which isn't even close 😌

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline keebnewb

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 17:03:14 »
I got in on this set at the last minute. Excited to try DCS! I love the creative use of sublegends in this set  :)

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 18:20:04 »
Thanks everyone for the support! I've asked the vendors to close store listings so don't expect Delftware to be available for too much longer.

I'm aiming to keep regular updates in this thread so everyone knows how it's progressing. Will have updated order numbers after all the vendors have closed the GB pages and finalised extras. Fingers crossed we can all have these in hand in September.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 16:19:16 »

It could also have to do with material.  These arePBT with dye sub legends, while SA is dual-shot ABS.

when i asked about the queue it was for ABS, but it's semantics -- hopefully this set is in our hands soon, i am very excited about it

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 20:42:46 »

More
<-- without extras

Offline vanyll

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 01:38:07 »
Congrats on the successful group buy! Looking forward to not have to wait for a year plus.  :D

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 02:50:27 »
Surprised this didnt sell more, it's a lot more unique than the eternal GMK color swaps/clones and with an interesting profile and material... In any case glad they'll make it, and yeah there's hoping for a shorter wait time maybe, though seeing how SP are a small operation I have no idea how they would make a parallel run for this one.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 May 2021, 02:52:00 by Surefoot »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 10:53:31 »
Yess! finally so excited

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 04:36:56 »
Any update  :D

Offline Zephyraeon

Re: [GB] DCS Delftware | Keycaps shipping to vendors!
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 18:32:02 »
We've got some good news! The keycaps have begun shipping from SP to vendors this week!

Unfortunately no updates on deskmats/RAMA caps but keycap only orders should be arriving with regional vendors this month.

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 18:36:07 »
Mfw a deskmat is going to hold up my order indefinitely.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 18:37:57 »
We've got some good news! The keycaps have begun shipping from SP to vendors this week!

Unfortunately no updates on deskmats/RAMA caps but keycap only orders should be arriving with regional vendors this month.
I’m excited! Can’t wait to see the final result!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 10:14:07 »

a gb shipping... early?? in 2021??

excited to get my set soon
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 October 2021, 10:18:44 by Puddsy »