Author Topic: [GB] GMK METROPOLIS R2 - COMPLETE!  (Read 120645 times)

Offline andreiborisov

Re: [GB] GMK METROPOLIS R2 - April 02 - 30
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 16:03:35 »

hmmm, I see.  Just the OCD side of me is holding me back on that set now and I can not unsee it.  Still got time to convince myself.....

This set is the most fun when asymmetric anyway.

EMBRACE THE CHAOS.

Offline phoenixrage

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 23:44:38 »

hmmm, I see.  Just the OCD side of me is holding me back on that set now and I can not unsee it.  Still got time to convince myself.....

This set is the most fun when asymmetric anyway.

EMBRACE THE CHAOS.

lol XD

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 20:44:05 »

Offline bluedan02

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 13:44:10 »
Was going to preorder the Midnight but then I realized I wanted a Numpad set and it only comes with the base kit. Guess my best bet would be to grab the Midnight and hope someone with a base kit wants to sell his numpad set?

Offline prognostics

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 14:11:06 »
Just ordered a base kit and midnight kit.
It is frustrating that NK won't let deskpads and keycap sets be ordered together like other vendors but it is not a big enough deterrent to prevent me from getting in on this set. Thanks for R2!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 23:48:58 »
Was going to preorder the Midnight but then I realized I wanted a Numpad set and it only comes with the base kit. Guess my best bet would be to grab the Midnight and hope someone with a base kit wants to sell his numpad set?

Just keep in mind the operator legends are yellow.

Offline Adqam64

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 15:06:08 »
People tend not to be willing to part with part sets since it reduces the resale value.

Offline Innergrim

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 05:54:18 »
My first ever GB and GMK set. Very much looking forward to this!!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 06:37:06 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 May 2021, 03:35:08 by dvorcol »

Offline jlib386

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 08:02:14 »
Overly Excited to be a part of this GB. This set is so clean and it's going to be part of my first build. Grabbed everything except the RC6 and the compact set. I even got sucked into the custom cable GB.

Offline Caramel2011

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 15:38:44 »
Overly Excited to be a part of this GB. This set is so clean and it's going to be part of my first build. Grabbed everything except the RC6 and the compact set. I even got sucked into the custom cable GB.
I bought into this GB because I had to have this set.  Now I’m on the lookout for a board to build around it!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 18:33:30 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 May 2021, 03:34:50 by dvorcol »

Offline leexy

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 01:18:50 »
will join Metropolis R3 when you decide to add proper 65% support (R3 PgUp & R4 PgDn) in base kit ;)

Offline L4ll1g470r

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 02:36:44 »
I was really desperate to get something, as I love the theme and colors, but in the end the terrible iso support meant I only could get the rama esc and midnight desk mat (don’t understand why turnpike didn’t come with the two iso keys).

I hope there’s a more inclusive r3 some day.

Offline tngpq

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 02:57:10 »
will join Metropolis R3 when you decide to add proper 65% support (R3 PgUp & R4 PgDn) in base kit ;)

You don't want a yellow PgUp paired with a red PgDn. The omission is intentional and doubt it will happen in future runs either.

Offline ph4nt0m

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 03:23:38 »

You don't want a yellow PgUp paired with a red PgDn. The omission is intentional and doubt it will happen in future runs either.

That reasoning does not apply to the Midnight kit, though.

Offline jlib386

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 08:08:11 »
I bought into this GB because I had to have this set.  Now I’m on the lookout for a board to build around it!

Same. This cap set catapulted me into deciding to build a board from scratch. I picked up a 65% low profile kit from KBDFans.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 12:38:42 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 May 2021, 03:34:29 by dvorcol »

Offline Innergrim

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 06:45:16 »

Same. This cap set catapulted me into deciding to build a board from scratch. I picked up a 65% low profile kit from KBDFans.

Same for me as well. First set for my first ever built board. Currently im looking. To build a tofu 65 in ink blue which I think the set would complement really well.

Offline tngpq

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 08:36:18 »

Well yeah, but R3 PgUp & R4 PgDn isn't the definition of proper 65% support either.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 08:58:11 »

Well yeah, but R3 PgUp & R4 PgDn isn't the definition of proper 65% support either.
R3 PgUp & R4 PgDn are recently adopted on 65% and are gaining popularity tho.

Offline redonepunch

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 14:53:30 »
yeah the Round 1 midnight modifier set made more sense.

Will they be sharing final figures? I'm curious how it did with so many pieces to the GB
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 May 2021, 01:38:03 by redonepunch »

Offline jlib386

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 08:20:34 »
I'm quite curious to see the final figures as well. :thumb:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 15:06:11 »

Offline tsukune1349

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 00:21:07 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 May 2021, 20:27:24 by tsukune1349 »

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 10:19:30 »
Hi, I just realize that the turnpike kit has a duplicated R1 Home key, is it better to replace this with a R1 delete key?

Offline the_onlyhope

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 20:15:48 »
Only noticed that now too. Hopefully it's fixed for split backspace support

Offline nephlock

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 23:20:03 »
Hi, I just realize that the turnpike kit has a duplicated R1 Home key, is it better to replace this with a R1 delete key?
This is an excellent catch! And an error on my part for sure. It should have been a delete key and it seems to have gotten mixed up.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 12:17:21 »
This is an excellent catch! And an error on my part for sure. It should have been a delete key and it seems to have gotten mixed up.
Will it get fixed or we're doomed  ;D ?

Offline nephlock

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 15:19:07 »
Not doomed at all, it’ll be adjusted for production :)

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 15:59:02 »
Not doomed at all, it’ll be adjusted for production :)
Thanks for the info  :thumb:

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 14:27:23 »
Glad everything is working out. Looking forward to receiving my set.

Offline iShibe

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 13:28:39 »
Everyday I feel good knowing I ordered this set. :thumb:

Is there a way to check for updates on the kits while we wait? Or should we just watch this thread? I didn't see a discord or website. Or is it vendor specific?

Offline nephlock

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 13:37:08 »

Is there a way to check for updates on the kits while we wait? Or should we just watch this thread? I didn't see a discord or website. Or is it vendor specific?
You can watch this thread if you’d like. I will be updating it if/when any new information comes in.

If you’d like to check through vendor updates, I would keep an eye on NovelKeys product updates!

Offline iShibe

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 13:51:00 »

You can watch this thread if you’d like. I will be updating it if/when any new information comes in.

If you’d like to check through vendor updates, I would keep an eye on NovelKeys product updates!

Many thanks! <3

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 15:04:30 »
Hi Nephlock, I know this sounds stupid. Do you consider running a separate groupbuy add-on kit for metropolis? In R1 you offered yellow accent novelty enter, yellow arrows and yellow accent novelty tab key. I feel like we missed an opportunity when these keys were not introduced in R2, for R2 owner like me, I feel sad due to no accent yellow novelty enter to pair with my blue arrows. I also want to recommend having some love for novelty iso enters as well. I would be down for an extension kit for metropolis R2 as a separate group buy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 June 2021, 15:07:38 by nvh2092 »

Offline nephlock

Re: [GB] GMK METROPOLIS R2 - In Queue
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 15:36:00 »
Hi Nephlock, I know this sounds stupid. Do you consider running a separate groupbuy add-on kit for metropolis? In R1 you offered yellow accent novelty enter, yellow arrows and yellow accent novelty tab key. I feel like we missed an opportunity when these keys were not introduced in R2, for R2 owner like me, I feel sad due to no accent yellow novelty enter to pair with my blue arrows. I also want to recommend having some love for novelty iso enters as well. I would be down for an extension kit for metropolis R2 as a separate group buy.

Adding and running an additional kit at this point is not going to happen.

The core of R2 was never to duplicate R1 exactly, and in order to do some of the additional things I wanted to do in this run, it meant that certain things had to be left behind...

By running midnight (and its included novelties) on its own, and introducing the non-accent novelties in the Turnpike kit, it freed up the standard novelty kit enough to add better support for macro columns and accent colors.

Teal arrows were added in as an extras kit in R1, but these were always a wish of mine for the midnight kit. They initially got left out due to pricing concerns, but because there was only one base kit in R1 they could be included for everyone and inherently make it into the midnight version. Running two base kits separates that.

On the yellow enter novelty, I believe that the teal is the better choice overall. This aligns with the default accents, and allows that color be in better balance with the other colors as there are few opportunities (aside from a 1U) for a teal accent.

I'm sorry if my decisions rub at your personal tastes, but hopefully this gives enough of a snapshot for you to understand why those decisions were made.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 16:42:11 »

Adding and running an additional kit at this point is not going to happen.

The core of R2 was never to duplicate R1 exactly, and in order to do some of the additional things I wanted to do in this run, it meant that certain things had to be left behind...

By running midnight (and its included novelties) on its own, and introducing the non-accent novelties in the Turnpike kit, it freed up the standard novelty kit enough to add better support for macro columns and accent colors.

Teal arrows were added in as an extras kit in R1, but these were always a wish of mine for the midnight kit. They initially got left out due to pricing concerns, but because there was only one base kit in R1 they could be included for everyone and inherently make it into the midnight version. Running two base kits separates that.

On the yellow enter novelty, I believe that the teal is the better choice overall. This aligns with the default accents, and allows that color be in better balance with the other colors as there are few opportunities (aside from a 1U) for a teal accent.

I'm sorry if my decisions rub at your personal tastes, but hopefully this gives enough of a snapshot for you to understand why those decisions were made.
Tks for the quick reply. I get it.

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 16:23:12 »
I doubt this could be changed at this point, but I would love for a change in the stepped caps to be double line instead of the one word "caps."

Offline dstaar

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 16:32:00 »
just to confirm, title says "In Queue", so colors approved, it's waiting in the production queue correct?

Offline nephlock

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 16:36:56 »
just to confirm, title says "In Queue", so colors approved, it's waiting in the production queue correct?

Colors have not changed from R1, so no color matching or approval is needed. So yes, just waiting for production

Offline dstaar

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 16:42:28 »
Colors have not changed from R1, so no color matching or approval is needed. So yes, just waiting for production

oh man, this is goooood!

Offline tmc_2269

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 10:22:39 »
Is there a chance for an R3 of this in the future? I joined the hobby a bit late to get in on this and would like to know if I have false hope for the future haha.

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 10:30:34 »
Is there a chance for an R3 of this in the future? I joined the hobby a bit late to get in on this and would like to know if I have false hope for the future haha.
Extras are still available to pre-order at certain vendors

Offline nephlock

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 10:37:09 »
There will also be extras available when the set ships, so you’d have a chance there. Beyond that I’m sure that there will be an R3 sometime, but it’s not currently in the works so the timeline on it would be out a ways

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 13:07:26 »
as many as two times I missed this set, but my mom loves it so much :D , want to install this set on her board
hope for extras or R3 in the future!  :thumb:

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 13:31:54 »
https://dailyclack.com/products/gmk-metropolis-r2

There’s a free shipping code that covers to the USA. It’s 165$ W todays exchange rate.

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 13:39:27 »
https://dailyclack.com/products/gmk-metropolis-r2

There’s a free shipping code that covers to the USA. It’s 165$ W todays exchange rate.

DC already sells extras in advance, do I understand correctly?

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 14:04:13 »
That’s right. They ship along with GB orders.

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 17:10:10 »
That’s right. They ship along with GB orders.

thanks man!