Author Topic: Greetings & Salutations  (Read 2461 times)

Offline 1o57

• %10000100001
Greetings & Salutations
« on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 01:54:48 »
So I've lurked here for a bit, and finally broke down and joined the site.

For the longest time I've been using a Kinesis Freestyle2, which eventually lead me to ErgoDox (how I stumbled across GH here)-

I've already started the PCB layout for my own split-design keyboard- and am using a Parallax Propeller chip (8 32-bit cores)- NKRO will be no issue with an 8-core uProcessor :)
I'm also going to roll art/design into the PCB itself-  I've gotten pretty good at it from the past few years of designing the DEFCON conference badges.  (Let me know if you're interested in seeing some of the artwork I've done via PCB...)

In the past year I've gotten really interested in decent keyboards- In one year I've picked up a KBParadise which has datamancer keycaps, a Poker3, a Varmilo VA87MR with cherry MX Greens, and multiple HolyOops and other custom keys and keysets... I just can't help myself :)

Anyways-

1o57

Offline Chroma

Re: Greetings & Salutations
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 16:56:01 »
nice breh

Offline 1o57

• %10000100001
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 22:42:03 »
It was a cool story, no? :)

I just had two custom keyboards made for DEFCON.  I'll post pics after the con is over- they are going to be used in this year's cryptochallenge...

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 03:18:50 »
Welcome to geekhack!

Your split keyboard sounds interesting!  Post it up in the making stuff together! subforum when you have time.  I'm sure our other members would love to see your project. :thumb:

P.S. I want to see that PCB art!

Offline 1o57

• %10000100001
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 11:02:38 »
Welcome to geekhack!

Your split keyboard sounds interesting!  Post it up in the making stuff together! subforum when you have time.  I'm sure our other members would love to see your project. :thumb:

P.S. I want to see that PCB art!

These are all fabricated PCBs.
Here are a few- keep in mind this was all done in PCB layout software...

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 11:13:14 »
That is amazing!  I can't wait you do with the split kb PCB! :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 06:03:54 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

That's some fantastic designs there!

Would you believe there is even a thread for posting your PCBs, and it's high time that it was revived.

Please feel free to post your PCB pics there, as not everyone checks the new members area :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ