Author Topic: [GB] F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! Kishsaver+Industrial Model F  (Read 2333781 times)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
Re: [GB] F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:18:27 »
Out of curiosity, what color do the 3 others represent?

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 01:13:27 »
I'm actually really curious about the "Other" color option as well. Can I get this in either a Tiffany Blue or a Pastel Pink?

HHKB         Razer BlackWidow     Steelseries 6gv2         Logitech G710+
                   Evil Geniuses Edition   MX Red & Brown

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 01:24:10 »
I got my black keys from Unicomp before the buy in case they ran out mid-buy. Also because I needed a few other spares for my beige F62 key set.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 14:14:50 »
Any change in the Paypal situation? This is the only reason I haven't ordered yet. You said something about accepting payments directly?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 14:16:34 »
I'm actually really curious about the "Other" color option as well. Can I get this in either a Tiffany Blue or a Pastel Pink?

If I didn't get my 6019284 in jdcarpurple, I would've gotten one of those two colors :))

Offline CoolGrayAJ

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 14:26:16 »

If I didn't get my 6019284 in jdcarpurple, I would've gotten one of those two colors :))

Great mind think in hypebeast colorways. Or something like that.

HHKB         Razer BlackWidow     Steelseries 6gv2         Logitech G710+
                   Evil Geniuses Edition   MX Red & Brown

Offline Ellipse

• Brand New Model F Keyboards
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:32:27 »
Hashbaz the PayPal issue was resolved a week ago.  There is no other payment option right now.

Yes you can get a custom color for about $100 extra for tooling.  Just specify the Pantone color. 

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:35:48 »
Is it possible for you to list the other colors being produced so that people could share the expense if they want the same thing? For instance, I'd be interested in a deep red if other people wanted to share the cost.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 18:56:32 »
Those who purchased an F77 and are interested in a red case, PM me and I'll add you to the list of people wanting the same and the cost will be shared (payment to Elipse of course, I'm just organizing this for us).  Thanks!

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 19:44:08 »
Other colors so far that people want (they may change their mind as I have not collected payment yet for other colors - haven't confirmed anything with the factory just yet; also some people put in more than one color request, and others expressed interest in one of these colors but haven't placed an order yet):

If I missed any please post the missing Pantone color!

PANTONE 17-4014 TPX Titanium gray
Silver gray
Pantone true red 19-1664
champagne gold
Gold
crimson red
olive/ drab green
turquoise

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 17:48:30 »
We crossed $60,000 today in orders (including shipping)!  For those who have not placed an order I will soon send you one PM and one email as a reminder (if you signed up but can't commit until the regular round - March through June - that's fine too - feel free to let me know so I can make a note of it).

Just 5 days left to place an order and get your keyboard in April/May - otherwise you'd need to wait until August/September for them to ship with the final round!  A note that both rounds will feature the exact same items - I have made modifications to the fully assembled/functional prototype F62 and F77 keyboards and the designs will be the same for both rounds.  The design is fully tested as I've been typing on my F62 and F77 prototypes for 5-6 weeks already (including as I type this post!).

I received a message from the mods today and need to remind everyone to minimize cross-posting on the GB and IC threads, though I know I am cross-posting on both threads for this update ;)

I am keeping the IC thread open for ongoing discussion of Model F production, including the small case designs and renderings.

Please put all other questions related to the group buy in the GB thread, including discussion about order options, colors, bumpers, shipping, etc.

Offline Vizir

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 13:30:22 »
just ordered a black f77 with ultrawhite keys and an industrial gray f62 with pearl/pebble keys. 2nd round will be alternative colors and/or case designs. :D now the wait begins!

Offline A-train

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 16:10:59 »
Been lurking on this one for a while but could resist no longer. In!

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 16:46:59 »
Ordered one of each, plus donation for earlybird. Thanks mate - great job.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 13:44:59 »
Thanks!  We just crossed $65,000 in orders for the F62/F77 group buy (including shipping)!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 23:08:23 »
Thanks!  We just crossed $65,000 in orders for the F62/F77 group buy (including shipping)!

When those that know about the Model F Legend lift their hands to own this unique keyboard, the whole internet will witness the greatest comeback of a long forgotten keyboard switch.

Long live the Model-F because it will be known as a true Phoenix, rising out of it's long slumber within the burnt wasteland of our consciousness.

Offline U47

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 12:11:41 »
In for an F62 and an F77! Hope I'm under the wire for the first run.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 12:51:33 »
In for a blacked out F62  :cool:

I blame Bro as I won some of his sweet BS caps and had nowhere to put them  :))

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 17:40:06 »
In for an F62 and an F77! Hope I'm under the wire for the first run.

Same. :thumb:

Offline axtran

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 18:06:05 »
I just opted in. Ellipse, can you confirm that I'm included in the first run? My damn love for the Model M had me have two of them refurbished--I can only hope that this supercedes it!
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 22:26:35 »
Yes everyone made it.  Please give an extra thanks to all the early bird tooling supporters paying the extra costs required to set up the machines for an early production run.  Their user names will be included on the QC-style label inside each keyboard.

$77,000+ in total orders (including shipping costs) so far!  This is shaping up to be a sizable project.

I reviewed all the orders that came in up to now and we are just waiting on 3 early bird tooling volunteers.  All the others are good to go.

I reached out to my factory contacts with pages of notes, instructions and questions in preparation for the production process and they are still looking into everything - I am waiting on their thorough reply that addresses everything. 

The expected timeline from here is that I will be sending final payments for the remaining tooling and mold costs this week, then the factory will go into preparation for production shortly after they get back to me. 

We have already gone through Preparations A through G, and now we have the next one up :)

While I can't guarantee that late orders will be included in the early bird round, I will do my best to include everyone even if you are a little late - everyone can have a week or two more if you'd like but I want to finalize things ASAP once the factory is ready.  I want to keep things on time so that these early bird orders ship before the end of May. 

Offline Jedi

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 23:32:47 »
What is the plan for the color upgrade for the cases? Will you send a email or a PM to let us know the next step and the deadline for payment?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 23:43:22 »
HYPE!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 18:31:14 »
cswanic sorry for the delay - still going through things with the factory.  I wouldn't take payment unless I can confirm the factory agrees on a cost to do it.  I will let the custom color requestors know when I know!

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 17:35:43 »
Group Buy update:

With 180 keyboards ordered in the past month (over $77,000 in orders including shipping costs!) I have decided to proceed with producing my own IBM XT quality, one-piece Model M/Model F compatible key caps for most orders from this project, including black unprinted keys.  Custom colors and APL sets will likely be Unicomp made.

I will also be making the short right shift/caps lock key mold non-stepped as has been strongly requested from the beginning (of course stepped caps lock keys can be put in place of non-stepped keys).

As the factory takes care of the remaining pre-production things, I will try to accommodate the late orders into the early bird round, but no guarantees!

Please keep keycap discussion on the IC thread so that there is no overlap on the threads.

Any questions about changing or discussing your orders please keep them on this thread. 

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 18:52:13 »
Group Buy update:

With 180 keyboards ordered in the past month (over $77,000 in orders including shipping costs!) I have decided to proceed with producing my own IBM XT quality, one-piece Model M/Model F compatible key caps for most orders from this project, including black unprinted keys.  Custom colors and APL sets will likely be Unicomp made.

I will also be making the short right shift/caps lock key mold non-stepped as has been strongly requested from the beginning (of course stepped caps lock keys can be put in place of non-stepped keys).

As the factory takes care of the remaining pre-production things, I will try to accommodate the late orders into the early bird round, but no guarantees!

Please keep keycap discussion on the IC thread so that there is no overlap on the threads.

Any questions about changing or discussing your orders please keep them on this thread.

Wow, thats great news!

Non-stepped caps will be perfect for the HHKB layouts!  :D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 21:06:18 »
Group Buy update:

Great news! Very excited about the new caps, but mostly for the small right Shift!

Offline axtran

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 21:43:24 »
Would be super nifty to get split right shift and full-size caps (non-stepped). ;)
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 20:44:26 »
Good news - I have finally switched over to a merchant account!  Everything is now set up on the web site, including SSL for the checkout page.  I went with one of the most popular payment processors, Authorize.net (over 400,000 merchant customers including eBay, shopify, and BigCommerce).  If you are planning on a future order and are unable to pay by credit or debit card, PayPal will still be an option - just PM me your shopping cart contents when ready to order. 

It's almost unreal that we are up to $78,000 in orders (including shipping charges) after a little over one month!

Ordering the case molds has been delayed until next week - the factory needed some more time unfortunately.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 04:16:35 »
Good news - I have finally switched over to a merchant account!  Everything is now set up on the web site, including SSL for the checkout page.  I went with one of the most popular payment processors, Authorize.net (over 400,000 merchant customers including eBay, shopify, and BigCommerce).  If you are planning on a future order and are unable to pay by credit or debit card, PayPal will still be an option - just PM me your shopping cart contents when ready to order. 

It's almost unreal that we are up to $78,000 in orders (including shipping charges) after a little over one month!

You're the BIG believer in these Model-Fs and your enthusiasm has caught everyone else out there and that even includes newbs who have never heard of Buckling Spring let alone Model-F keyboards.

Ellipse has brought back the excitement for these babies and it was about time already, when we were nearly drowning in CherryMX keyboards all over the planet.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #181 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 16:36:58 »
Yes that's a great article that Brian wrote for Hackaday regarding this project!  He reached out to me and interviewed me on the project. 

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 03:40:55 »
Yes that's a great article that Brian wrote for Hackaday regarding this project!  He reached out to me and interviewed me on the project. 

Nice! I saw the title and I was like psshhhh unless it's a model F they wrong! Was very pleasantly surprised :)

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:38:41 »
There was an ordering glitch that is now fixed. Sorry if the web site was freezing when you were trying to place an order. Now the merchant account is fully up and running and accepting orders again.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 11 March 2016, 23:14:22 »
GB update:  I am still taking orders for the early bird round and am hoping that the factory takes care of all the pre-production work as soon as possible.

Due to these delays we are now looking at these to ship towards the end of the estimated April/May timeframe for the early birds. The good thing is any latecomers still have some time to get into the early bird round, at least until early next week.

We are at 183 keyboards ordered in the first 6 weeks and have passed $80,000 in orders (including shipping costs)!  The F77s are ahead a bit so far: 87 F62s and 96 F77s.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #185 on: Fri, 11 March 2016, 23:32:49 »
Weeee! In for one of these!

Great work ellipse! <3
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #186 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 00:15:08 »
GB update:  I am still taking orders for the early bird round and am hoping that the factory takes care of all the pre-production work as soon as possible.

Due to these delays we are now looking at these to ship towards the end of the estimated April/May timeframe for the early birds. The good thing is any latecomers still have some time to get into the early bird round, at least until early next week.

We are at 183 keyboards ordered in the first 6 weeks and have passed $80,000 in orders (including shipping costs)!  The F77s are ahead a bit so far: 87 F62s and 96 F77s.

When will the early bird round end?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #187 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 00:51:59 »
Damn. I was really hoping to get in on the early round, but things have gone less than optimal for me lately.

And really good news on the keycaps! I'm definitely going to get a split shift now, I just didn't like the idea of a stepped shift at first, but now I'm for sure.  :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 March 2016, 00:56:07 by Air tree »

Offline Atredl

« Reply #188 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 01:58:33 »
Just need to save up a bit more... Can't pull the trigger just yet... Must... Resist!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 03:36:30 »
The F77s are ahead a bit so far: 87 F62s and 96 F77s.

Was there any doubt of the Great F77 beating that deformed, smaller layout  ;D ?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 05:01:31 »

The F77s are ahead a bit so far: 87 F62s and 96 F77s.

Was there any doubt of the Great F77 beating that deformed, smaller layout  ;D ?

Well you can as good as count another F62 for me. I love me some 60% :)

Offline Jedi

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 09:17:06 »
Super impressed with the work Ellipse.  The first OP that is ALREADY working on the production schedule before we even have closed the first round.  Great job taking care of handling the issues that normally come up after everyone is already in and waiting for shipment.  I got in way back at week 1. 

Please let us know anything we need to do to get in on keycaps (I already upgraded my set with my order but would be interested in trying out the new caps when it all gets sorted out).  Custom keyboard, custom colors, custom keycaps, is there really any other reason stopping others from getting in already???  :cool:

Offline Vizir

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 23:16:52 »
From what I've read, to get one of the new key caps, you just need to order the keyboard with a standard ANSI/ISO set in pebble/pearl option; IE stock IBM keycaps.

Offline Vizir

« Reply #193 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 09:37:20 »
Update: ellipse is still working out the details on the next XT style keys and once he's done, we will know the pricing and other info. The current orders of keys are for unicomp and their pricing. I expect (now, this is total speculation) we will have to modify our orders and pay the difference if we want XT style keycaps.

Let's see when Ellipse is done working things out.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 19:20:18 »
Yep Vizir, though I am hoping they will be the same price, at least for those who ordered their keyboard with a key set.  Extra sets will likely cost more if you want the XT style single piece caps.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 18:04:43 »
Update on the custom case color costs:

If you are looking for a custom color it will be $200 per color for an unlimited number of keyboard cases.  This is an update from the cost being $100 per color.  The gray, off white, and black colors are no extra charge.  White paint is unfortunately an extra charge.  The factory has agreed to try to mix paint to match other colors but it is more expensive than expected to clean the old color and change it. 

You can get a custom color for the first round.  If you have not already specified that you want a custom color please let me know.

Please do place an order for the required units of "other customizations (in $1 increments)" on the web site for each keyboard you want in the custom color and let me know when you have placed the order.  You can pick free local pickup for the shipping so you do not have to pay extra.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 March 2016, 18:17:28 by Ellipse »

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 18:33:08 »
Currently a favored custom color is Pantone True Red 19-1664

The more people want that color the more number of cases the $200 cost can be split among.

Some of you are ordering an extra case or two in a different color to be able to have for later. 

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 08:16:00 »
At least 3 are in for the True Red, which means that anyone additional added only need cover $50 or less.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 09:30:15 »
Those interested in Pantone True Red 19-1664, please PM Ellipse no later than 31 of March if you want in.  The custom color upgrade is now at $40 and could go lower if anyone else wants to join in :thumb:

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:14:46 »
Reminder - please get in on the True Red original case if you're interested by tomorrow!

And what kind of finishes and processes are people considering for the Ultra compact case?  Powdercoated, anodized, electrophoresis, etched?
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:16:18 by Ellipse »