Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 764334 times)

Offline quadcube

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #3350 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 05:22:37 »
Hey everyone,

I received a couple of PM regarding EXENT PCB availability. Would like to run a smaller batch ~20 PCBs, anyone interested?

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #3351 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 14:10:59 »
Hey everyone,

I received a couple of PM regarding EXENT PCB availability. Would like to run a smaller batch ~20 PCBs, anyone interested?

Interested for sure!

Offline Katanadog

« Reply #3352 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 19:35:15 »
Hey everyone,

I WOULD LOVE ONE!

Offline sachin3767

« Reply #3353 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 16:13:12 »
Hey everyone,

Interested. Have you made any changes to this PCB since the original run? Would it be directly compatible with QMK?
Been out of the mk loop for a while, so not sure if anythings changed on this front. Thanks

Whitefox|Granite    Tex Yoda II     Exent | dev/tty      MX Master       Planck|Big Bang

Offline quadcube

« Reply #3354 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 19:44:59 »
Hey everyone,

Interested for sure!

Hey everyone,

I WOULD LOVE ONE!
Updated the first round PCB GB thread.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102878.msg2820655#msg2820655

new GB form is here https://forms.gle/jjrLZ1ch8WMghhRd9

Offline quadcube

« Reply #3355 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 19:48:41 »
Interested. Have you made any changes to this PCB since the original run? Would it be directly compatible with QMK?
Been out of the mk loop for a while, so not sure if anythings changed on this front. Thanks
Nope, haven't made any changes unless the majority prefers certain minor changes. the initial version was compatible with QMK, someone here ported EXENT keyboard to QMK successfully (VIA compatibility too) https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/tgr/910.

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #3356 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 15:33:38 »
Has anyone tried the hotswap bm68rgb PCB in the Extent? It looks like it is center USB and supports the default ANSI layout.

https://kprepublic.com/products/bm68rgb-bm68-rgb-65-hot-swappable-custom-mechanical-keyboard-pcb-programmed-qmk-via-firmware-full-rgb-switch-underglow-type-c?_pos=28&_sid=2929c55cb&_ss=r

Looks like it is fully supported in QMK and VIA as well.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3357 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 17:32:35 »
Oooh, that's tempting to try. My Mill Max'd Exent PCB is functional but it ain't pretty.

I imagine that the Exent plate wouldn't match the BM68 PCB quite right, but it would be close. The PCB should fit in the case well enough. I guess if you have money to spend and you're feeling brave you could get Kit2, and if the Exent plate doesn't work you could try to get the BM68 plate to fit. And worse case scenario Kit2 is basically a complete board minus stabs and switches.

Offline Riba

« Reply #3358 on: Sat, 20 March 2021, 23:40:30 »
It is using USB-C so it won't fit the rear cutout, unless you are willing to modify it.

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #3359 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 11:30:02 »
So Originative just teased Round 2 of Extent on their Facebook page...

Praise be, finally! They better come through on this, lol.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WCkhgKL

Offline Riba

« Reply #3360 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 12:21:10 »
Well this is....unexpected. Not sure I'd believe based only on this screenshot. Doesn't even mention a year. :)

Offline verity

« Reply #3361 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 13:13:14 »
Well this is....unexpected. Not sure I'd believe based only on this screenshot. Doesn't even mention a year. :)

They announced it on their Instagram as well.

Offline Riba

« Reply #3362 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 13:24:00 »
A bold move considering the reputation of the original GB, but I'll definitely keep an eye on this as Exent is what I'm using daily and still wouldn't change it for anything else out there. Hopefully I'll be able to get a spare polycarbonate bottom without cracks at least. Maybe they'll improve on the original design or offer different colours...in any case, very interesting development. Thanks for the heads up!

Offline U47

« Reply #3363 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 11:27:25 »

This is just enraging to those of us who received nothing from the original buy.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #3364 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 11:31:45 »

This is just enraging to those of us who received nothing from the original buy.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure why GB runners are even allowed to run new GBs on this site if they haven't fulfilled their commitments from previous GBs. At the very least, there should be a warning on GBs when previous ones did not complete.

Offline Riba

« Reply #3365 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 11:39:07 »
In principle I agree with you, but the first GB was not run by Originative. I guess they secured the rights to (re)use the design. I guess we will find out more as time passes, maybe it will not happen at all at the end....just as the first GB didn't for some people sadly.

Offline udller

« Reply #3366 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 19:24:08 »
i bought an exent of originative like last year, they teased it then when the sold the extra gmk exent keycaps.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3367 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 20:11:07 »
In principle I agree with you, but the first GB was not run by Originative. I guess they secured the rights to (re)use the design. I guess we will find out more as time passes, maybe it will not happen at all at the end....just as the first GB didn't for some people sadly.

Pretty sure this isn't a "reused design". This is all the units they picked up when the GB literally fell apart years ago, and that they've had sitting in storage for years for their supposed major "TypeMachina" release and opening.

Good chances these will be quite marked up, just like the Jane v1.5s they sold recently.

Offline U47

« Reply #3368 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 14:00:27 »
Pretty sure this isn't a "reused design". This is all the units they picked up when the GB literally fell apart years ago, and that they've had sitting in storage for years for their supposed major "TypeMachina" release and opening.

Good chances these will be quite marked up, just like the Jane v1.5s they sold recently.

If this is indeed the case, they should be ashamed. They slapped their name and advertised all over the original buy. They are complicit. If they are now selling units that were bought and paid for by others, that's completely unacceptable.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3369 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 14:08:16 »

If this is indeed the case, they should be ashamed. They slapped their name and advertised all over the original buy. They are complicit. If they are now selling units that were bought and paid for by others, that's completely unacceptable.

I doubt that's the case, also. They'd be units they purchased as extras to sell under TypeMachina.

Offline U47

« Reply #3370 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 16:12:01 »
I received an email yesterday out of the blue from Yutski saying my order would be shipped right away. Maybe they're cleaning things up in preparation of new production.

Fwiw.

Offline Riba

« Reply #3371 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 01:04:57 »
That's great news, and the only way to handle this properly. Congratulations! :)

Offline JAB

« Reply #3372 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 17:20:00 »
Hi, I have an Exent kit I'm looking to sell. I received it two years ago and I've kept everything in the box it was shipped in and it's just been sitting, sealed in a closet. It's the premium kit. I can send other details/pictures of the parts. I've become completely disconnected from this world so if someone knows a better place I could look to sell then please let me know.

Offline Riba

« Reply #3373 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 00:08:02 »
Hello - I've sent you a PM. Reddit Mechmarket seems to be the place to buy/sell, but read the rules there before posting. There might be interested people here as well.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #3374 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 10:54:08 »
I wouldn't mind getting a second PCB, as the first round were...  not that great.  TARO should really fulfill all previous orders prior to starting a new buy! 

Great board design, just a little bit of a weak execution.

Offline U47

« Reply #3375 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 17:03:49 »
Well, never thought I'd say this, but I have an Exent kit in my hands. Only took a shade over four years. Yea me!

Wrong colour, and no switches, but I have the board, plate, case, and keycaps. At least it doesn't appear dinged up.

I inspected the board a bit to see if it was new production or old production, but I just can't tell. No visible date on the board.

It'll be up on mechmarket shortly.

Offline Riba

« Reply #3376 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 03:19:51 »
Haha, that's a special one! :) What colour is it at the end? Any cracks on the polycarbonate bottom?

Edit: I saw it was silver with alu bottom, if I knew I would have jumped on it. :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 May 2021, 03:23:53 by Riba »

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #3377 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 20:07:33 »
Are there more people still waiting on this board to be delivered from GB?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #3378 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 20:22:02 »
I can't speak for everyone here, but TARO still owes me a PCB and a set of Cherry stabs I paid for and weren't included, and a replacement bottom because mine was cracked out of the box.

I doubt I'll ever get it.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #3379 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 21:25:15 »
I wouldn't mind getting a second PCB, as the first round were...  not that great.  TARO should really fulfill all previous orders prior to starting a new buy! 

Great board design, just a little bit of a weak execution.

there are pcbs on keys.my afaik
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #3380 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 03:11:21 »
Might be a longshot but if anyone has the 12 degree feet that theyd be willing to part with, Id be highly interested!
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline IRLRaptor

« Reply #3381 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 04:06:50 »
Dang, very interesting set up.  phew!~

Offline arsenic

« Reply #3382 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 15:56:10 »
Are there more people still waiting on this board to be delivered from GB?

Popping out of the woodwork to say that I am. I have no hope of ever receiving it, but theoretically, I’m still waiting for it.

Offline U47

« Reply #3383 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 00:34:59 »
Popping out of the woodwork to say that I am. I have no hope of ever receiving it, but theoretically, I’m still waiting for it.

Rootin' for you. 🤞

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #3384 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 09:51:31 »
Hi all,

The yearly update is arriving slightly early this year with some surprising news. Seeing the recent posts above this I'm sure you can probably guess what it is.

I also received an email from yuktsi about a month ago asking to confirm if my address was still correct, and was told to expect the board in a week. Much to my surprise, a week later I did indeed receive a package from DHL with an Exent inside!

It is a silver top and black bottom piece instead of the black top I ordered, it did have the brass plate however. I also received the Mod M switches and GMK keycaps that I ordered with it, but not the two sets of stabs. No dings or scratches so that was good news too. Whilst it's not quite what I ordered I'm genuinely surprised to have received anything, it's been a bit of a journey with ups and downs but thanks to yuktsi for eventually getting something shipped to me.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #3385 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 10:55:25 »
Hi all,

The yearly update is arriving slightly early this year with some surprising news. Seeing the recent posts above this I'm sure you can probably guess what it is.

I also received an email from yuktsi about a month ago asking to confirm if my address was still correct, and was told to expect the board in a week. Much to my surprise, a week later I did indeed receive a package from DHL with an Exent inside!

It is a silver top and black bottom piece instead of the black top I ordered, it did have the brass plate however. I also received the Mod M switches and GMK keycaps that I ordered with it, but not the two sets of stabs. No dings or scratches so that was good news too. Whilst it's not quite what I ordered I'm genuinely surprised to have received anything, it's been a bit of a journey with ups and downs but thanks to yuktsi for eventually getting something shipped to me.

Show Image

Show Image

I know it's not exactly what you ordered, but that colorway looks sick. Congrats man!

Offline tsolin01

« Reply #3386 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 18:50:40 »
 Looks like Originative is doing their sale this Friday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPBoIEwn4-H/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Offline Havattack

« Reply #3387 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 23:57:23 »
Looks like Originative is doing their sale this Friday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPBoIEwn4-H/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
For the low, low, low price of 700$! LOL! I though it was going to be another GB round, not them selling extras from some ancient GB that finally came in, and charging a crazy amount in order to fix someones screw up.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #3388 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 04:02:51 »

Originative just has to be on crack or something at this point :confused:

First they were selling a years old design for almost $1k (the Jane "1.5") and now they are dropping off extra units of a failed groupbuy for the low price of just $700.
A groupbuy where some people got stuff they never ordered or just never received their boards at all.
Ancient outdated and proven to be pretty bad quality bootmapperclient PCB included.

LMAO!

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #3389 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 22:58:41 »
It will sell out. Just like the Janes. All they are smoking is profit.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 June 2021, 22:32:07 by rpiguy9907 »

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #3390 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 15:57:48 »
Anyone get an invoice or response from Typemachina...? Put my order in on day one and nothing...

Offline udller

« Reply #3391 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 04:21:43 »
not yet.

Offline Rarabka233

« Reply #3392 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 15:28:13 »
I also wanted to chime in to say that I'm still waiting on my silver premium kit as well.  Is there anyone that those of us who are still waiting may be able to reach out to?
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 June 2021, 14:42:55 by Rarabka233 »

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #3393 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 17:01:48 »
The type machina exents were new old stock right.  They shipped mine fully assembled 🤣   surprised the PC bottom survived with no cracks

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #3394 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 14:04:53 »
Does anyone happen to know the screw sizes for this board?

Offline Leo66

« Reply #3395 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 02:48:30 »
impressive ~

Offline energyd

« Reply #3396 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 11:30:58 »
anyone happen to have a spare pcb for sale? mine had the leds dod for me. have the poly bottom so led kind of important for me

Offline arsenic

« Reply #3397 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 14:02:08 »
Just wanted to follow after my last post for anyone who may still be waiting- after I posted, yuktsi PMed me; cut to a month-ish later, and an Exent arrived on my doorstep- in the correct color (albeit a little dinged up; maybe was a b-stock by the initial wave of shippings standards?) with an intact polycarb bottom and fully-working pcb, and impressively enough, the 'premium' switches and the keyset which I legit forgot I ordered. No stabs, like everyone else mentioned, but of all the things that COULD'VE not arrived, definitely the least important and easily replaceable; if it was that or the screws, I'm glad I got screws!

Finally got around to building it, and of course NOW the PCB is being weird (the matrix for the bottom row is one key off for the arrows)- but that's probably a mistake that can be attributed to me, since when I tested it originally, it was working fine- I'll troubleshoot it or grab another compatible pcb that's a little more current eventually, but mostly I'm just elated that this thing literally exists.

If for any reason you still haven't gotten yours, it might be worth reaching out to yuktsi directly, since they were more than amicable in our interaction and is clearly still trying to make this right where they can.

Here's a potato pic of the build- I was gonna throw Future Funk on it, but I was one of the people who didn't get a 1.75u shift; clearly my GB luck is pretty ****ty.
272434-0

Offline Havattack

« Reply #3398 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 12:58:16 »
anyone happen to have a spare pcb for sale? mine had the leds dod for me. have the poly bottom so led kind of important for me

It might not be that difficult to solder a string of leds to the bottom some how.  Maybe even stick a battery powered led strip in somehow..

Offline cricket-alone

« Reply #3399 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 20:34:59 »
The underglow on this keyboard is awesome!