Author Topic: [IC] Flatline Black and Cyan SA profile keyset (on hold see OP)  (Read 183352 times)

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
Re: [IC] Flatline Black and Cyan SA profile keyset (renders posted)
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:11:49 »
If this becomes Black & Cyan through GMK. Miami Nights is already pretty close to that since the legends over there include side printing.

I'm not sure if some people are ok with buying the same keys twice. j

jussaying :(

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #502 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:13:14 »
If this becomes Black & Cyan through GMK. Miami Nights is already pretty close to that since the legends over there include side printing.

True!  Hadn't considered Miami Nights as being very close to this.  Good point, LX.

Offline f1xedgear

« Reply #503 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:13:23 »

GMK Miami Nights + GMK Electric Boogaloo = GMK Flatline :D

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:13:33 »
SA is a huge part of the appeal for me. I think I'm basically done buying DCS keysets. But I'd probably be in for a GMK version.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #505 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:18:43 »

Ever hear of Miami Twice:))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #506 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:21:09 »

Not really the same though, Miami R1 didn't have cherry legends, proper ISO support or a center stemmed stepped capslock Twice fixed those issues, the only point I see in this set is that it's a **** you to mito for being a cheeky begger and to make the pulse set a set people would actually want and fix the issues that set had, if this is just another gmk set it will be ****ing christmas before anyone gets anything and loliso support b/c no one wants to pay

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #507 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:22:24 »
I know when it comes to buying keycaps some people think;

Cherry Profile = GMK (or JT)
SA = SP

Those are the only 2 types I personally like to buy. So I guess my point is that if SP is running it some people only want SA profile from them. Anything else people will look somewhere else (for the most part I believe).

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #508 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:35:42 »

Not really the same though, Miami R1 didn't have cherry legends, proper ISO support or a center stemmed stepped capslock Twice fixed those issues, the only point I see in this set is that it's a **** you to mito for being a cheeky begger and to make the pulse set a set people would actually want and fix the issues that set had, if this is just another gmk set it will be ****ing christmas before anyone gets anything and loliso support b/c no one wants to pay

I'd buy it in any other profile. Since MiTo is re-running his set I see no reason to get a set that's eerily similar.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #509 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:36:32 »

I'd buy it in any other profile. Since MiTo is re-running his set I see no reason to get a set that's eerily similar.

if the point of this set isn't a **** you to mito then i dont even see the point, sifo doesn't even like the colours lmao

Offline zslane

« Reply #510 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:39:46 »
Yeah, well, MiTo doesn't like PuLSE. Doesn't stop people from wanting it...

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #511 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:40:42 »
Is this a **** you set or a independent set, sifo clarify pls.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #512 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:41:26 »
if the point of this set isn't a **** you to mito then i dont even see the point, sifo doesn't even like the colours lmao

TIL you can't be involved in a project unless you want the product.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #513 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:47:04 »

weow des memes

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #514 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:48:12 »

weow des memes

:-*

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #515 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:50:23 »
Is this a **** you set or a independent set, sifo clarify pls.
He's said from the beginning it has nothing to do with MiTo one way or the other. I don't know why people are getting confused, unless there is some drama on reddit of which I'm unaware.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #516 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:50:32 »

I thought it started as a rant, and then went on to be a more refined version of Pulse (I forget which is caps).

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #517 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 14:53:09 »

I thought it started as a rant, and then went on to be a more refined version of Pulse (I forget which is caps).

It started as a direct copy after the community learned of both SP's rules regarding reproducing sets and the original set designer's wishes that the set run again (or maybe not, depending on the day).  It morphed into a "fixed" colorway SA set, and here we are, deciding what to do now.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #518 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:03:34 »

It started as a direct copy after the community learned of both SP's rules regarding reproducing sets and the original set designer's wishes that the set run again (or maybe not, depending on the day).  It morphed into a "fixed" colorway SA set, and here we are, deciding what to do now.

Which was my understanding also, I just put the abridged version, if that's not the case then I'm going to bail, if it's not Miami and it's not some troll joke, whats the point.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline zslane

« Reply #520 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:12:39 »
The genesis of this set can be traced directly to the recent (closed) colorway thread in the SP sub-forum. A very direct reaction to MiTo's posts there were proposals of copycat designs of PuLSE to both satisfy the perceived demand for another round of it, and the desire to show MiTo how little control he ultimately had over the salient elements of his creation.

Flatline was originally going by the name elsuP, which ought to put to rest any debate over what the original motivations were. For some, those original motivations are still the driving force of their interest.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #521 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:13:49 »
The combo of a nicer blue, no custom legends and one big kit (Hack'd by Geeks style) is what got me on board. Having tons of kits to gamble on (and to regret not buying) drives me nuts.

I like SA but it's not a deal breaker for me. But I can't bring myself to pay for the other SP profiles, which are too thin for my taste. GMK could be nice.

I think the IC needs some kind of poll/form to move forward.

My crazy suggestion (for whatever profile) - it could be the same colors but in blanks, that would reduce the number compatibility keys needed and lower the price.

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #522 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:17:58 »
I just got the most outrageous quote from SP earlier this morning. Basically there was a $50 increase per MOQ tier compared to every other SA set, which I cross checked with other GB leaders. This is what I was worried about. SP/PMK works directly with mito and profits off of pulse and they see this set as a threat to their business. Since they can't refuse to make the set it looks like they'll just charge us up the ass for it. I've emailed asking why there is such a dramatic price increase but at the current tiers this buy won't happen and I don't know what I can do. This isn't about whether people are willing to pay an absurd amount of money for an SA set because I'm not cool with that this is supposed to be affordable. But really this is stupid as hell

This is also me just being flustered and is just my opinion on what's going on, maybe I'm just being a conspiracy tard. SP claims they raised the prices in November so this could very well just be the new pricing.

This is going to be interesting as at least one or two other sets have just put in for pricing on SA sets.  I'm now very interested to see what pricing they come back with regarding this.
Dasher Dancer should be getting pricing soon. We shall see
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #523 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:24:22 »

True!  Hadn't considered Miami Nights as being very close to this.  Good point, LX.

I'd ok, we can do skeletor instead.

More

Let's hope SP fixes prices.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #524 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:25:45 »

More
Show Image

This thread is now an IC for whatever nubs just posted.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #525 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:26:28 »

More
Show Image

This thread is now an IC for whatever nubs just posted.

+1

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #526 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:28:28 »

I thought that was the problem :P :llama:

Offline tangkims

« Reply #527 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:30:36 »

More
Show Image

What did you mean by SP fixes prices?

I'm definitely no pricing expert but...if all else is kept the same as in SA profile caps and all the kits the same... would changing the colors make it cheaper? If that's the case... BBJ must be some next level stuff.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #528 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:34:48 »
if it's not Miami and it's not some troll joke, whats the point.

I was just joking, utilizing the name Twice.

But seriously, I'd want to get a set like this as I'm in love with the colorway (blue could be a bit more blue, tomatoes will be tomatoes) and root for a different profile.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #529 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:38:36 »
http://www.massdrop.community/mechkeys/troubled-minds/

If we take a look here at a set run recently which should have been after their supposed price increase, Base kit + ISO + nonstandard + numpad = $150.96 at 100 MOQ (which not every kit even met that MOQ, some of the numbers are abysmal)

That includes Massdrop + designer mark ups in pricing, has significantly more keys involved than my all in 1, has kits split up, and even custom legends novelty and dyesub which cost $45 each, AND includes shipping costs to Massdrop.

The quote I was given from SP was the following:

25 sets                   $237.61 per set
50 sets                   $171.32 per set
75 sets                   $149.23 per set
100 sets                 $138.18 per set
150 sets                 $127.13 per set
200 sets                 $121.61 per set
250 sets                 $118.29 per set

The set I'm quoting is 138 keys with 2 space bars and 2 blanks, no custom legends, and does not include ANY additional fees, not even shipping to our distributor and then shipping to you guys.

Yet both of our sets are $1/key at 100 MOQ

Hm..........
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:41:28 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline tangkims

« Reply #530 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:46:55 »

If we take a look here at a set run recently which should have been after their supposed price increase, Base kit + ISO + nonstandard + numpad = $150.96 at 100 MOQ (which not every kit even met that MOQ, some of the numbers are abysmal)

That includes Massdrop + designer mark ups in pricing, has significantly more keys involved than my all in 1, has kits split up, and even custom legends novelty and dyesub which cost $45 each, AND includes shipping costs to Massdrop.

The set I'm quoting is 138 keys with 2 space bars and 2 blanks, no custom legends, and does not include ANY additional fees, not even shipping to our distributor and then shipping to you guys.

Hm..........

Hm..........

I guess this means the end of GH group buys? For that pricing and effort... it's easier if everything goes through massdrop or PMK now?

Offline Homenubbie

« Reply #531 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:47:03 »
I smell a conspiracy to switch their business to Massdrop.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #532 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:49:58 »
Go through Massdrop and PMK so they can make money on marking up sets, yes ^_^
I love Elzy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #533 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:50:55 »
Go through Massdrop and PMK so they can make money on marking up sets, yes ^_^

Or just go GMK and be done with it.  Better profile, apparently better pricing. 

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #534 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:51:16 »
I had no input on TM's pricing, but check out Dusk since hippo posted pricing tiers in the group buy.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline f1xedgear

« Reply #535 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:53:16 »
I had no input on TM's pricing, but check out Dusk since hippo posted pricing tiers in the group buy.
For the Lazy:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77999.msg1978007#msg1978007

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #536 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:54:42 »
For the Lazy:
Show Image

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77999.msg1978007#msg1978007
Thanks, I'm on mobile, in a train.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #537 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:56:47 »
So dusk was $169 for 130 keys split into 4 different kits, they got it even worse.

Official response was

"Sorry I wasn't clear - Massdrop gets a larger discount because of the overall volume that they purchase from us. We use the same price formula and the same set volume discount scale, Massdrop just has earned a larger discount."

So basically all these GB's we've run giving them money all these years earns us a big **** you.
I love Elzy

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #538 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:57:34 »
So basically all these GB's we've run giving them money all these years earns us a big **** you.

rip

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #539 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:58:16 »
So dusk was $169 for 130 keys split into 4 different kits, they got it even worse.

Official response was

"Sorry I wasn't clear - Massdrop gets a larger discount because of the overall volume that they purchase from us. We use the same price formula and the same set volume discount scale, Massdrop just has earned a larger discount."

lol

Yeah geekhack hasn't bought any sort of volume.  :))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #540 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:58:28 »

Official response was

Is anyone really surprised by this?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #541 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 15:59:11 »

Official response was

Is anyone really surprised by this?

No, but it still sucks to see it in writing.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #542 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 16:02:37 »
Goddamn this thread took a weird turn. That's some ****ed up pricing schemes outta SP :(

Offline Ail

• RIP in Pape
« Reply #543 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 16:05:12 »
I would still be in on GMK run, personally. I have a set in every other profile (or one coming) except that. Sucks about SP, but hopefully in the next few years as mechs become more popular maybe other companies will jump in to the mix making key sets more affordable. It's crazy that the caps cost more than some of their boards.  :blank:

Offline tangkims

« Reply #544 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 16:08:30 »
I do wonder how much the Pulse R2 set is going to be though... it'll probably reach 250+ MOQ for base set. Around 80 USD I'm assuming?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #545 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 16:10:28 »
But.... The members of geekhack designed all those sets MD has run...
We are all one big family guys... I guess we know who SP sees as the favourite child.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #546 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 16:13:05 »
Probably. I don't wanna get everyone's hopes up so we can assume this is on hold, even if you guys were willing to pay the SP "new pricing" premium I won't run the set at that price point and will probably boycott SP along with a few other GB leaders.
I love Elzy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #547 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 16:14:14 »
even if you guys were willing to pay the SP "new pricing" premium I won't run the set at that price point

I won't ship the set at that price point.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #548 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 16:14:25 »
I do wonder how much the Pulse R2 set is going to be though... it'll probably reach 250+ MOQ for base set. Around 80 USD I'm assuming?

Considering how cheap PulSE round 1 was ($60 per base set?) and how hyped PulSE became after the original buy ended. I assume it could be cheaper since more people want to buy it now?
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #549 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 16:14:32 »
But.... The members of geekhack designed all those sets MD has run...
We are all one big family guys... I guess we know who SP sees as the favourite child.

Family lol, there is no family.
They are ****ing who they can for the most cash, atm MassDrop is the new hotness and because of Ripster and r/mk and some of the retards running GB's GH's gotten a bad reputation on top of its difficult to penetrate chat. So SP can make more money from MD as one thing, rather than lots of random people from here, they know that they can **** us on price on min and back track another soon as MD chills on orders.

For as much 'MURICA as there is on this forum it's so funny that when **** like this comes up so many of the people who are bummed out are 'muricans, but idk maybe it's just me.