Author Topic: [GB] GMK Future Funk ✨(replacement keys shipped)  (Read 317690 times)

Offline Stan_G

Re: [GB] GMK Future Funk ✨(replacement keys shipped)
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 15:23:26 »
got a set, but was missing some keys and when i tried to hit up tkc about they just ignored me. FeelsBadMan

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #351 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 18:02:27 »
got a set, but was missing some keys and when i tried to hit up tkc about they just ignored me. FeelsBadMan

Add me on discord kema#8888 or pm and i'll see what I can do to help 🙏

Offline forbidden404

« Reply #352 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 16:54:36 »
I know the designer is waiting on the lead times for GMK to go back to a more reasonable time frame, but I'm still hopeful we can get a R2 this year still, might have to gamble on GMK speeding up production if the situation worldwide improves though.

Offline ampp33

« Reply #353 on: Thu, 31 March 2022, 12:51:50 »
Also hoping for an R2, this set is fabulous!

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #354 on: Thu, 31 March 2022, 19:38:58 »
Still waiting on my missing 1.75u shift, have been sending some periodic emails from 9 months ago, since last June to TKC. Last I heard was in February 2022, TKC told me that they had only received 7 fix kits in total and have ordered more.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #355 on: Thu, 31 March 2022, 20:36:58 »
Late returning to the party. Which kit was missing the 1.75u shift?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #356 on: Thu, 31 March 2022, 22:48:30 »

Afaik some base kits were missing it but not sure how many. A couple of people had success by contacting Uniqey/GMK directly for the replacements, so that's an option if vendor customer support don't have any on hand or aren't being helpful 🙏

Offline glueckskind

« Reply #357 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 12:56:21 »

Afaik some base kits were missing it but not sure how many. A couple of people had success by contacting Uniqey/GMK directly for the replacements, so that's an option if vendor customer support don't have any on hand or aren't being helpful 🙏

I did contact CandyKeys, who didn't get the basic kits missing keys. And I also contacted GMK, who told me they can't help me and I should contact the retailer...

How is this being solved now?

Offline ampp33

« Reply #358 on: Sun, 22 May 2022, 23:57:21 »
Also throwing my hat into the ring for R2 of this set.  I’m REALLY bummed I missed this!

Offline diorite

« Reply #359 on: Sat, 18 March 2023, 01:21:17 »
+1 for R2

Offline diorite

« Reply #360 on: Fri, 24 March 2023, 05:10:15 »
I really appreciate all the interest in a R2 but I have a couple other keycap projects I'd like to finish first! I do have plans for it at some point but not sure when atm, ultimately I'm just a hobbyist and just doing this stuff for fun, so I hope for some patience 🙏🙏

Any updates on this?

Offline idealape

« Reply #361 on: Fri, 24 March 2023, 07:42:15 »
I really appreciate all the interest in a R2 but I have a couple other keycap projects I'd like to finish first! I do have plans for it at some point but not sure when atm, ultimately I'm just a hobbyist and just doing this stuff for fun, so I hope for some patience 🙏🙏

Any updates on this?
OP stated that might consider doing R2 only if the GMK wait times started to slow down. Although it's less crazy apparently. It still takes a while. Apparently if you run a GB at GMK now, the earliest would be end of this year.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 27 March 2023, 16:21:09 »
they are slowing down + there's keykobo

time to rerun

Offline Araset

« Reply #363 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 14:31:35 »
R2 when? For real, this set really delivered from what I can see from pictures

Sent from my SM-G9910 using Tapatalk

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #364 on: Sat, 15 April 2023, 13:24:17 »

keykobo has yet to prove themselves on making colored sets

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #365 on: Sat, 15 April 2023, 20:03:59 »

Also no guarantee they won’t end up all like the half dozen other manus who claimed 3-6 month lead times and still take a year+ lol

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #366 on: Mon, 17 April 2023, 16:40:11 »
uh wrong. look up sea of clouds

Also no guarantee they won’t end up all like the half dozen other manus who claimed 3-6 month lead times and still take a year+ lol
not the case atm and it probably won't be for a few more months. time to get some sets in the queue

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #367 on: Mon, 17 April 2023, 16:41:38 »
uh wrong. look up sea of clouds and artlife

not the case atm and it probably won't be for a few more months. time to get some sets in the queue

Offline calvinari

« Reply #368 on: Mon, 17 April 2023, 17:40:54 »
I wouldn't buy into a set produced by Keykobo? How much would you be saving with them manufacturing it? I'm happy to wait for the GMK queue to trust what I'd be getting.

If you want colours and legends done right then GMK is the only manufacturer worth working with.

Offline Kro

« Reply #369 on: Mon, 17 April 2023, 18:11:57 »
Hopefully once GMK Peach Blossom R2 is done we will get a Future Funk re-run. I would prefer if it stayed GMK even if it takes a long time.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #370 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 05:31:42 »
If you want colours and legends done right then GMK is the only manufacturer worth working with.

sure, excellent matching, like Nord. like Red Dragon. like Hanami dango. like Moomin. like Bread. like Nautilus Nightmares. like Necro. list goes on.

Offline YoungManKim

« Reply #371 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 09:26:11 »

sure, excellent matching, like Nord. like Red Dragon. like Hanami dango. like Moomin. like Bread. like Nautilus Nightmares. like Necro. list goes on.

I don't see what this has to do with GMK. Hoffman had a good post about some more intricacies of color matching. The manufacturer will match to whatever the designer provides them with.

Just to be clear, no designers are ever expected to do the actual formulating to arrive at the desired color for manufacturing. There are "color houses" whose entire business is to formulate color concentrate mixtures that achieve the target color at a given loading concentration (sometimes you'll buy the resin pre-colored; no idea what GMK does, but that's really not important).

The designer's role is to ideally select the correct target color that the supplier will match (they will match whatever is provided, if physically possible). If it turns out that the color in real, physical form is not what the designer intended, then the dreaded "color matching" cycle begins. This is where a lot of inexperienced designers seem to get caught. Translating from a screen to physical form is not trivial, and physical samples are always going to make things easier. Without some guidance or experience it's very easy to mess this up. However, despite being hard, it is still part of the designer's job to get right.

Offline calvinari

« Reply #372 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 11:17:48 »

Poor colour matching is not a failure of GMK, it's the designer that did shoddy work. That's why colour samples are sent to the designer to be approved. GMK doesn't just make 'anything' and deliver it as the final product.

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 18:46:00 »

and that is why you do not join any GB run by amateurs, track record is important, R2 are however usually safe, GMK already have the colors 

Offline Vaalbeast

« Reply #374 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 04:09:25 »

I come from the grim dark future of 2023, we need another round of this legendary set!

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #375 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 11:39:36 »
Funk in the new GMK MTNU when???

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 14:12:22 »
Not sure if I mentioned it here but I was told by a vendor that due to newer German pollution laws, GMK can no longer produce super saturated pinks/reds like the one in FF. I don't know more than that but if true, colors will have to be rethought or another manu will have to be used. I was thinking a translucent set in the same colors could be pretty fun.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #377 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 14:39:01 »
curious to see what you do with a remix. In the same way that sleeves or WoB essentials had accent keys for ctrl alt shift, if there was an accent kit where the base color and legend were inversed, that would be awesome.

thanks for R1! love my icon mods

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #378 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 21:25:45 »
Not sure if I mentioned it here but I was told by a vendor that due to newer German pollution laws, GMK can no longer produce super saturated pinks/reds like the one in FF. I don't know more than that but if true, colors will have to be rethought or another manu will have to be used. I was thinking a translucent set in the same colors could be pretty fun.

Not sure if that vendor was me, but hit me up re this: have news for you.

Offline fuster

« Reply #379 on: Sat, 05 August 2023, 11:50:31 »
Are you thinking on doing a R2? I'd love to have a new set of this

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #380 on: Sat, 05 August 2023, 13:50:07 »
Same. And I know a whole bunch of people would love another round of that deskmat too.

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #381 on: Sat, 05 August 2023, 18:19:04 »

forget GMK, just use KKB, faster and cheaper

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #382 on: Mon, 07 August 2023, 16:39:19 »

GMK's queue is now down to just over six months

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #383 on: Mon, 07 August 2023, 18:34:15 »

have you brought any GMK set recently? My DMG R3 has alpha legend alignment issue, same with sets produced around the same time, Klassiker and Panels

Offline eslincito0216

« Reply #384 on: Fri, 11 August 2023, 14:58:24 »
Entered the hobby too late for Future Funk but I would like to add myself to the long list of people who would buy an R2 of this set.

Offline codog

« Reply #385 on: Mon, 14 August 2023, 21:28:12 »

gmk's QA has gone down the ****ter and they refuse to acknowledge this.

please go kkb if possible.

Offline Kro

« Reply #386 on: Mon, 14 August 2023, 22:10:56 »
I would like to see PBT Future Funk. MTNU or SLK Future Funk 2024 please!

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 15 August 2023, 19:21:09 »
I would like to see PBT Future Funk. MTNU or SLK Future Funk 2024 please!

I read the first sentence and was like oh hell no, reverse dye sub would be awful. But then I read the second sentence and I agree that Future Funk could be really cool in MTNU

Offline ampp33

« Reply #388 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 12:45:57 »
Hell, I own this set and even I would be interested in an R2.  I've heard nothing but positive things said about this set in the wild, I'd imagine it'd be greeted with enthusiasm from the community.

Offline KevinD2000

« Reply #389 on: Mon, 02 October 2023, 01:56:43 »
I’ll join the crowd in asking for an R2 I guess. When the group buy for this was ran I was dealing with some heavy family stuff so I wasn’t able to buy in. I hope we can get an R2 eventually. A FF 2023 updated desk mat would go unbelievably hard as well. Whenever you get around to it, I know the hobby the last year or so has been pretty unfortunate with various issues, plus I can’t blame you for wanting more of your designs out there!

Offline codog

« Reply #390 on: Tue, 03 October 2023, 22:38:53 »
kkb future funk would be hot

Offline Wolff._.

• Machinist
« Reply #391 on: Wed, 04 October 2023, 11:37:09 »
I’ll join the crowd in asking for an R2 I guess. When the group buy for this was ran I was dealing with some heavy family stuff so I wasn’t able to buy in. I hope we can get an R2 eventually. A FF 2023 updated desk mat would go unbelievably hard as well. Whenever you get around to it, I know the hobby the last year or so has been pretty unfortunate with various issues, plus I can’t blame you for wanting more of your designs out there!

Yes please get Tree_13 to do another deskmat (just in the right dimensions this time)!!! although he might be a bit out of the small hobby league now, i hope you can get a collab still :pray:

Offline chillers

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 10 October 2023, 14:43:09 »
Late joining the hobby, currently made an account here just to say please consider making an R2 run of this, will fully support in buying including the alt mods & modifiers.