Author Topic: KAT Hyperfuse - Shipping  (Read 42868 times)

Offline gex

Re: [GB Closed] KAT Hyperfuse - MOQ Met
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 11:01:20 »
Keyreative put out a statement a few weeks ago saying that they were completely revamping their production and building new machines to start doing everything in house. Gonna have to be patient for this one likely not going to ship for a while.

i missed that but thanks for the update! is it related to the milkshake fail?

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 03:18:38 »
The lack of any official updates on this given the time frames is a little disturbing

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 04:51:41 »
The lack of any official updates on this given the time frames is a little disturbing

Happy Sunday!

Sorry you feel that way, I'm partisan of "no post if I don't have anything to say" but feel free to join discord.

As I said, no real update as of right now, we are still waiting for production to kick off:

• Keyreative Statement (TL;DR: they stopped outsourcing and invested in dye-subbing machines);
  • From the same statement, they invested in double-shot machine (Hyperfuse will not go that route) and I assume they spent a bunch of time tuning those (production is set to start in April, I've been told); and
  • the usual CNY/Pandemic which seems to have created the delays we all hate :(
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 March 2021, 05:01:39 by JSaintS »

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 10:59:36 »
That's still some news at least, thanks :D

Offline PittaMan

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:28:22 »
There's a discord?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:31:09 »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [In Production] KAT Hyperfuse
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 15:12:51 »
Hello everyone!

Long time no speak - sorry for the long silence, there has been a couple of small updates on my discord, but nothing major up until now, so here is the situation:

KAT Hyperfuse is in production and everything should be done by the end of the month. Given recent issues (small or not), I know some KAT designers have asked for sample keysets during production to be able to check everything; I was amongst those designers. I received the kits a couple of days ago and have finally been able to spend some time with the keyset - here are a couple of pictures:

I am no Ninjapirate or Oziiiobsessions (these two are insane) but I hope you'll like the pictures! I have sent my feedback to zFrontier/Keyreative to make sure everything is A-OK when it ships to everyone, but here are a couple of key points:

Cons:
  • There were a couple of odd things with the alpha kits: the Latin one was missing the scooped F and J keys and the Ancient had 2 scooped F and J (on top of the barred F and J) - also, none of them had a 6.25u spacebar (I wouldn't be alarmed, the kits were shipped to me in smaller containers than they usually are, and I'm 99% sure this is why there was no spacebar key in the alpha kits, it has nonethless been signaled)*
  • The spacebar kit I received (purple) was missing the 6.25u and 7u spacebar*
  • I noticed a very slight misalignment on some of the keys on the F-row (didn't notice it on the other keys, but I'll keep checking those as well and update my feedback to zFrontier/Keyreative if need be), we're talking about .5mm at the very worst of it, but this was flagged and I asked them to correct the shot on all kits and reproduce the keys if need be.

* the missing spacebars could be explained by their desire to ship "the bare minimum", I did have all spacebar size on hand, from different kits, and what I got, given the smaller containers and what not, might just have been for me to see the different size but not the exact kits that were sold - as said above, I signaled those oddities, but wouldn't be surprised if it was just so I would have "just enough" on hand to try everything.

Pros:
  • Colors are perfect (it's not a surprise given we already had a sample batch before GB, but it's good to see they got it perfect now as well)
  • Legends/novelties are crisp, even on the novelties with two (three if you count the color of the key itself) different colors; no bleeding or anything of the sort
  • The 7u (and other sizes) spacebar I got was more straight than the ones on my GMK Copper keyset (not to throw shade at gmk copper, this is just the last GMK set I got in)
  • No size difference between mods and alphas like it has unfortunately been the case with Arctic, everything looks A-OK there, same for the spacebars.
  • it sounds and looks amazing, as per usual with KAT, but you knew that already ;)

I will keep you guys updated with anything I hear back from zFrontier/Keyreative, and hope Hyperfuse will be in your hands soon :)

Take care!
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 August 2021, 15:20:16 by JSaintS »

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 01:38:19 »
Missed on this due to lack of funds -- will there be extras?
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 02:38:40 »
Missed on this due to lack of funds -- will there be extras?

Yup :D all vendors bought extras (as is customary I think ^^), you might have to be quick depending on how/when your local vendor decides to hold the sale, but there will be extras  :D

Offline Eoen

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 09:08:31 »
Set came out great! We're in the home stretch!!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 07:15:15 »
Hello everyone!

As promised, I am back with a quick update - as a reminder, these were my mains issues with the production samples I got:

Cons:
  • There were a couple of odd things with the alpha kits: the Latin one was missing the scooped F and J keys and the Ancient had 2 scooped F and J (on top of the barred F and J) - also, none of them had a 6.25u spacebar (I wouldn't be alarmed, the kits were shipped to me in smaller containers than they usually are, and I'm 99% sure this is why there was no spacebar key in the alpha kits, it has nonethless been signaled)*
  • The spacebar kit I received (purple) was missing the 6.25u and 7u spacebar*
  • I noticed a very slight misalignment on some of the keys on the F-row (didn't notice it on the other keys, but I'll keep checking those as well and update my feedback to zFrontier/Keyreative if need be), we're talking about .5mm at the very worst of it, but this was flagged and I asked them to correct the shot on all kits and reproduce the keys if need be.

* the missing spacebars could be explained by their desire to ship "the bare minimum", I did have all spacebar size on hand, from different kits, and what I got, given the smaller containers and what not, might just have been for me to see the different size but not the exact kits that were sold - as said above, I signaled those oddities, but wouldn't be surprised if it was just so I would have "just enough" on hand to try everything.

I got a reply from zFrontier today saying:

• Missing/duplicates keys were only missing/duplicates so I could try as many configurations as possible, as fast as possible - the kits will 100% match what was sold (not that I doubted it, but some of the missing keys were odd, like the 6.25u spacebar in the alpha kit, so it's always good to know).
  • They already caught the slight misalignment (zFrontier) when they got the samples/before sending them to me, this has been directly escalated to keyreative for correction
  • Last but not least, I am getting an icon mods kit soon - request has been submitted to keyreative already and I'll get one asap

I'll be back as soon as I get the icon modifiers, hopefully really soon!

Take care!

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 10:35:59 »
Fantastic news. It's nice to finally hear some positive news about a KAT set's production progress for a change.
[edit] to clarify, I'm referring to the complications in various other KAT runs, not being sarcastic about this one :D
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 August 2021, 02:39:26 by nathanchere »

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 06:57:05 »
Just got a shipping notification from zFrontier... it's finally coming! :D

Offline Havattack

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 12:58:28 »
If anyone that got the "teal accent" icon set doesn't need their ISO enter key, i'd love to buy it off you. -thanks

Offline Soketto

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 06:23:25 »
Mine arrived today from zfrontier. Love it. :D
On an ErgoDash.

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 07:26:48 »
Mine arrived... but it's missing the "C" alpha. Gotta wait for a new one >.<

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 07:40:29 »
Got a shipping notification on the 7th for this, but it hasn't moved since FedEx got it due to "operational delays."

On an ErgoDash.

Just wondering, did your alpha kit come with scooped homing keys or only the barred keys?

Offline Soketto

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 07:54:57 »
Got a shipping notification on the 7th for this, but it hasn't moved since FedEx got it due to "operational delays."

On an ErgoDash.

Just wondering, did your alpha kit come with scooped homing keys or only the barred keys?

It came with both scooped and bar F/J keys

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
[Shipping to vendors] KAT Hyperfuse
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 08:12:04 »
On an ErgoDash.

Glad to see the kits arriving! Share pictures guys :D I want to see more hehe

Mine arrived... but it's missing the "C" alpha. Gotta wait for a new one >.<

Wait what?! During the sample phase I did tell them to carefully check the kits and that I wanted to ship them exactly what had been sold in the kits, they confirmed that packages will strictly follow the kit pictures... did you already contact zFrontier about this?

Could I ask why that question? Did you see that issue somewhere?

Offline LordOwen

Re: [Shipping to vendors] KAT Hyperfuse
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 08:25:55 »
Wait what?! During the sample phase I did tell them to carefully check the kits and that I wanted to ship them exactly what had been sold in the kits, they confirmed that packages will strictly follow the kit pictures... did you already contact zFrontier about this?

I emailed them, yeah, but no telling when I'm going to hear back because it's Friday evening here in Tokyo. Everything else I ordered looked fine, just missing that one key :/

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 09:18:13 »

It came with both scooped and bar F/J keys

:thumb:

Could I ask why that question? Did you see that issue somewhere?

No, I didn't see it being an issue anywhere. For whatever reason I was thinking that the scoops were replacing the bars, but looking back at the IC thread just a minute ago you had the flats changed to scoops. I'll blame it on having a senior moment even though I don't qualify as a senior yet. Sorry if I made it seem like there could be a potential issue.

Offline AlanDracula

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 21:47:36 »
just got my set, looks great but i recently started liking 1800 boards and made the mistake of not getting numpad... any idea on extras?

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 15:10:28 »
Got this a little while ago. Just wanted to verify that there were no kitting changes for the 40s or ortho kits listed in the first post before I email zFrontier about it. There's some missing keys in a few of the kits if the kitting images are correct.

My Ortho Icon kit is missing the r3 control.
More

And my 40s kit is missing the 6.25u spacebar.
More

And I have the same missing bars as the sample kitting bar kits from a few weeks ago - both the teal and purple bars are missing the 6.25u and 7u spacebars.
More

Other than that everything else is spot on, including getting homing bars and scoops in both alpha kits. Legend and text alignment is pretty decent. There's a key or two here or there that aren't aligned perfectly, but on the whole they're not too bad.

The only other issue I saw was the 40s 1.25u icon function key was scraped up a bit on one corner, as well as the thin edge of the stepped wormhole novelty key.
More

Here's a pic of everything I got for anyone curious about it.
More

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 16:00:31 »
Got this a little while ago. Just wanted to verify that there were no kitting changes for the 40s or ortho kits listed in the first post before I email zFrontier about it. There's some missing keys in a few of the kits if the kitting images are correct.

My Ortho Icon kit is missing the r3 control.
More
Show Image

And my 40s kit is missing the 6.25u spacebar.
More
Show Image

And I have the same missing bars as the sample kitting bar kits from a few weeks ago - both the teal and purple bars are missing the 6.25u and 7u spacebars.
More
Show Image
Show Image

Other than that everything else is spot on, including getting homing bars and scoops in both alpha kits. Legend and text alignment is pretty decent. There's a key or two here or there that aren't aligned perfectly, but on the whole they're not too bad.

The only other issue I saw was the 40s 1.25u icon function key was scraped up a bit on one corner, as well as the thin edge of the stepped wormhole novelty key.
More
Show Image
Show Image

Here's a pic of everything I got for anyone curious about it.
More
Show Image

That is not normal... Kits haven't been changed, they were locked when I asked the quote and didn't change since then. On top of that, the accent kits did not have 6u spacebars... The missing spacebars from the kits I got were due to Keyreative packing everything they had on hand at the time to ship as much as they could for me to check the kits - I did mention it in my feedback and they guaranteed that kits would contain everything that was included in the kit images... Those accent kits were supposed to have a 6.25 and a 7u spacebar.

I will send an email to zFrontier as well, please keep me/us updated once you get a reply from them!
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 September 2021, 16:10:08 by JSaintS »

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 16:32:23 »
That is not normal... Kits haven't been changed, they were locked when I asked the quote and didn't change since then. On top of that, the accent kits did not have 6u spacebars... The missing spacebars from the kits I got were due to Keyreative packing everything they had on hand at the time to ship as much as they could for me to check the kits - I did mention it in my feedback and they guaranteed that kits would contain everything that was included in the kit images... Those accent kits were supposed to have a 6.25 and a 7u spacebar.

I will send an email to zFrontier as well, please keep me/us updated once you get a reply from them!

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. Just to add, my accent kits (not the bar kits) - both purple and teal - came with 6.25u and 7u bars and no 6u bars. Those two kits were correct when I checked them against the kitting pics, and I did double check that the included bars were 6.25u and 7u.

Only the purple and teal spacebar kits had the 6u bars in them, but were missing the 6.25u and 7u spacebars that were supposed to be included. Not that it's a huge deal since I got the accent kits that have those bars, but still..

I just got done writing an email to zFrontier. I'll post an update when I hear back.

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 08:20:34 »
Update: I got an email back from zFrontier while I was sleeping last night. I was actually somewhat surprised to get one so soon based on previous dealings with their support, so good on them for that.

Here's what they replied to me:
Hi there

Thank you for reaching out to us!
We will send you the replacements and keep you updated on this email.
Since Keyreative is moving these days so it will take some time for them to send the kits to us
Thanks for your understanding

Best
Cici

In the email I sent I told them about the missing keys and asked about getting replacements. I also mentioned the two keys that were scraped up as a formality so they were aware of it and could potentially pass along the information to Keyreative. I don't actually know if they'll be sending those along with the missing keys or not, but I'm not too worried about that as the scratches shouldn't be terribly noticeable when mounted on a board.

Might not see these for a bit, but that's good news that they'll get them sent out eventually. It's too bad that they didn't include them in the fist place, especially since they guaranteed that everything would be included as per the kit images.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 08:40:10 »
Update: I got an email back from zFrontier while I was sleeping last night. I was actually somewhat surprised to get one so soon based on previous dealings with their support, so good on them for that.

Here's what they replied to me:
Hi there

Thank you for reaching out to us!
We will send you the replacements and keep you updated on this email.
Since Keyreative is moving these days so it will take some time for them to send the kits to us
Thanks for your understanding

Best
Cici

In the email I sent I told them about the missing keys and asked about getting replacements. I also mentioned the two keys that were scraped up as a formality so they were aware of it and could potentially pass along the information to Keyreative. I don't actually know if they'll be sending those along with the missing keys or not, but I'm not too worried about that as the scratches shouldn't be terribly noticeable when mounted on a board.

Might not see these for a bit, but that's good news that they'll get them sent out eventually. It's too bad that they didn't include them in the fist place, especially since they guaranteed that everything would be included as per the kit images.

Glad to see you got the same reply I did. I emailed them last night about it, as promised and they did say they will send replacements and they will alert keyreative/check the kits that haven't been shipped out yet for missing keys/damaged keys. This should have taken place before shipping but it's at least a good news for the kits that still need to be sent.

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 22:53:48 »
I haven't gotten any kind of response from zFrontier yet, I might have to give them a bump in the next day or two if I don't hear anything. I get that the lack of a single key might not be as concerning to them, but it's still annoying as hell (and it's making me reconsider trying to get any extra add-ons from them when those go on sale).

Offline edwyn

• I create stuff for CONCEPT & IDEA
    • CONCEPT & IDEA
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 18 September 2021, 18:12:53 »
Got mine. they are nice but both my 7u coloured spacebars get stuck when pressed.  the all the 6.25u space bars seem find as is the 7u grey bar

Offline AlanDracula

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 17:50:46 »
I haven't gotten any kind of response from zFrontier yet, I might have to give them a bump in the next day or two if I don't hear anything. I get that the lack of a single key might not be as concerning to them, but it's still annoying as hell (and it's making me reconsider trying to get any extra add-ons from them when those go on sale).

any word on when those extras drop?

Offline Eoen

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 21:39:40 »

any word on when those extras drop?

Most kits haven't even shipped to proxies from the group buy. Probably going to be a little while.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 22 November 2021, 14:10:50 »
What is the latest on this? When will proxies begin shipping?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 22 November 2021, 14:14:26 »
What is the latest on this? When will proxies begin shipping?

As of right now, I have unfortunately no update :(

I sent 9 mails to zFrontier since september 14th, about Hyperfuse and other ongoing projects, and have received a grand total of 0 answers. A couple of weeks ago, Originative mentioned the kits had been shipped to them, but I have not been able to confirm that with zFrontier/Keyreative and haven't been able to get an update regarding the EU orders.

I'll post here and on my discord as soon as I hear back and I'll keep pushing until I get an update :)

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 15:56:34 »
Got a reply late last night about the missing/damaged keys being shipped out. Just shy of 3 months since I emailed them about it. It'll be nice to get these in.

Hi there

Sorry for having kept you waiting
Here is the tracking number of the replacements for your reference:LY#########CN
https://www.tracktry.com/couriers/eub-eyoubao

Best
Cici

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 10 December 2021, 03:50:37 »
In the meantime in Europe...

Offline TurboGrinder

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 15:43:55 »
Got my "replacements" today.. just shy of 7 weeks from when they were shipped. The box that showed up was quite small - 3 x 3.5 x 5 inches. I was scratching my head as to how spacebars could fit in a box that small.

Opened it up to find only the r3 Control keycap that was missing from the Ortho kit. Nothing else.

Besides the control key, I was (and still am) missing a 6.25u spacebar from the 40s Icon kit, two 6.25 and two 7u spacebars from both the teal and purple spacebar kits. I guess they deemed those 5 spacebars to not be an issue on their end. Maybe they figured that since I already had 6.25u gray bars in my alpha kits and 6.25u and 7u bars in the Teal/Purple Icon Accent kits that they didn't need to send the others.

I'm done with groupbuys from zFrontier, and anything KAT/KAM from Keyreative, until they can both manage to not be such a train wreck with all of this. Too bad I'm still waiting on 3 KAT and 2 KAM sets from zFrontier. I'm not looking forward to dealing with them if there are missing or damaged caps in those sets. Shame that they weren't offering refunds for KAT/KAM sets like other vendors have been.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 04:23:57 »
For the record, my issue was nicely handled by zFrontier, I received this on 27/12/2021, shipped by FedEx (like the initial shipment) :

And that's the problem that I declared :

Hello,

I've noticed some mistakes in my order.

This legend, from the French kit, should be centered according to the kit visuals, not right aligned.

image.png

Spacebars Teal kit is missing 6.25U and 7U spacebars.
    Spacebars Purple kit is missing 6.25U and 7U spacebars.
    Spacebars kit is missing 7U spacebar

Can you send me the corrected ALT GR key and the 5 spacebars that are missing please ?

Thank you
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline nettik

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 05:17:07 »
Is zFrontier the only proxy that has shipped out this keyset? I haven't heard anything at all from Originative, and the last update on their website is from October 2021.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 07:45:23 »
Is zFrontier the only proxy that has shipped out this keyset? I haven't heard anything at all from Originative, and the last update on their website is from October 2021.
I was wondering the same. Sitting here watching people get not only their initial shipments but replacements as well and no word from Originative.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 05 April 2022, 16:23:12 »
Did you guys get your caps from Originative?  I wonder b/c now they have extras for sale.  Any additional photos of these sets?

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 08:14:28 »

Classic Originative. Wish I could say I was surprised :(
Can the GB runner offer any insight perhaps?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 08:19:50 »

Classic Originative. Wish I could say I was surprised :(
Can the GB runner offer any insight perhaps?

I can unfortunately not, although the message you replied to was from January. From what I know (I have seen this posted on my discord), some of you guys mentioned Originative's owners had a baby, but it looked like they started shipping (from what I heard). They also held/are holding their extra sale right now, which makes me believe all/most orders have shipped, but I could be mistaken.

I can say most of EU orders (unless I'm mistaken or some were missed during preparation) have been shipped.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 April 2022, 08:36:29 by JSaintS »

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 08:29:00 »
...UK orders are on hold iirc.
Whaaat?
If you refer solely to the banner message on mykeyboard.eu it doesn't affect pre-Brexit orders since I have received GMK set in UK few weeks ago with post-Brexit corrected import procedure.

Edit: just checked my order status and it's changed to "Being processed", hope soon...
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 April 2022, 08:36:01 by LASERman Projects »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 08:36:05 »
...UK orders are on hold iirc.
Whaaat?
If you refer solely to the banner message on mykeyboard.eu it doesn't affect pre-Brexit orders since I have received GMK set in UK few weeks ago with post-Brexit corrected import procedure.

Ah yeah that's what I was referring to, my bad, will delete that from my previous post right away, I don't want to spread missinformation, sorry!

Offline Randalljai

Re: KAT Hyperfuse - Shipping
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 04 January 2023, 22:55:29 »
Any chance of R2 or extras?

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 02:50:46 »
Any chance of R2 or extras?

MyKeyboard has most of the kits in stock.

Offline kaidaizhao

• thock thock thock
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 07 January 2023, 01:02:21 »
Shot in the dark, if anyone has the KAT Hyperfuse Purple Accent Text and Teal Accent text for sale/laying around, please let me know! Would love to put them on my set I got recently!
Never enough Key Caps