Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Superstar | GEEKKEY Collab | GB starts TOMORROW Feb 12!  (Read 52230 times)

Offline marshmellohs

Re: [IC] GMK Superstar | Deskmat, More Renders 3/13/21
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 17:15:31 »
bump for deskmat, more renders (☆ω☆)

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 18:05:08 »
love that new deskmat

Offline catamscott

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 23:27:21 »
love that new deskmat

came to here to say that too. i don't like most keyset deskmats but this one rocks, reminds me of being a stranded noob in orbis begging for mesos to get back to victoria island

Offline Ooga Booga

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 03:46:29 »
Love the deskmat design, but not crazy on the color. Too much pink imo

Offline gnldud

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 07:28:20 »
I'm in love with this set and so terrified of the upcoming price at the same time...

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 09:25:26 »
Love the deskmat design, but not crazy on the color. Too much pink imo

My artist and I were considering offering a purple/“night” version of the mat as well, but I opted to just go for just 1 to keep it simple.

love that new deskmat

came to here to say that too. i don't like most keyset deskmats but this one rocks, reminds me of being a stranded noob in orbis begging for mesos to get back to victoria island

;D Glad you were able to get out of there - traveling became so much easier over the years. It’s crazy to think about all the time I wasted going back and forth from Henesys to Ludi PQ. It’s now all instant travel with the Dimensional Mirror.

Offline boogiemochi

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 15:50:11 »
Nemui has caught my eyes. I'm definitely interested :cool:

Offline gnldud

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 02:46:44 »
Please tell me this is still ongoing...

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 14:52:23 »

Yes, it is! I’m currently pursuing licensing with Nexon, as I think that will be the best thing for the set. I’ve been posting occasional non-update updates on my Discord (example: “Reached back out for an update on XX date”), but I’ve refrained from doing so here since there isn’t much that has changed.

The last update I received was that the request is sitting with Nexon Marketing since at least 3/25/2021. I’m currently working through/with a Nexon CM, but I did ask them today if there was an email address I could use instead to contact them directly for updates.

I’ve temporarily removed the novelty renders at this time as Nexon Legal did confirm that they couldn’t make a decision on anything that was not officially licensed.

My intention is still to wait until a decision has been made either way before securing vendors and moving forward with GB. I appreciate everyone’s patience on this.

To give full transparency, if we are not able to license this set, I’ll be redesigning the novelties to remove any references to the game and its assets. I’m also currently working with my deskmat artist on an entirely different design as the current one is inspired by one of the maps in the game.

I will likely offer the second one as an alternative deskmat option since MOQ for mats are low, and I understand the current one is not to everyone’s taste. I personally prefer offering a single deskmat design to keep things simple, but I want to make this second one available for those that prefer something not so pink.

There are some kitting updates that I’m considering (mostly slimming down of the base kit, namely the extra accent keys), but that is all contingent on the decision from Nexon first before announcing anything or requesting updated renders.

I am still reading through IC responses that trickle in. I will update this thread with any major announcements as soon as I know them as I know not everyone is a fan of updates posted in Discord only.

A lot of factors are contingent on this licensing decision, so I appreciate your patience and everyone else’s.

I’m hoping to post some updates soon.

Offline JKKEEBS

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 17:05:34 »
The amount of pink gmk sets  ^-^

Offline gnldud

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 20:42:35 »

Yes, it is! I’m currently pursuing licensing with Nexon, as I think that will be the best thing for the set. I’ve been posting occasional non-update updates on my Discord (example: “Reached back out for an update on XX date”), but I’ve refrained from doing so here since there isn’t much that has changed.

The last update I received was that the request is sitting with Nexon Marketing since at least 3/25/2021. I’m currently working through/with a Nexon CM, but I did ask them today if there was an email address I could use instead to contact them directly for updates.

I’ve temporarily removed the novelty renders at this time as Nexon Legal did confirm that they couldn’t make a decision on anything that was not officially licensed.

My intention is still to wait until a decision has been made either way before securing vendors and moving forward with GB. I appreciate everyone’s patience on this.

To give full transparency, if we are not able to license this set, I’ll be redesigning the novelties to remove any references to the game and its assets. I’m also currently working with my deskmat artist on an entirely different design as the current one is inspired by one of the maps in the game.

I will likely offer the second one as an alternative deskmat option since MOQ for mats are low, and I understand the current one is not to everyone’s taste. I personally prefer offering a single deskmat design to keep things simple, but I want to make this second one available for those that prefer something not so pink.

There are some kitting updates that I’m considering (mostly slimming down of the base kit, namely the extra accent keys), but that is all contingent on the decision from Nexon first before announcing anything or requesting updated renders.

I am still reading through IC responses that trickle in. I will update this thread with any major announcements as soon as I know them as I know not everyone is a fan of updates posted in Discord only.

A lot of factors are contingent on this licensing decision, so I appreciate your patience and everyone else’s.

I’m hoping to post some updates soon.

Man you don't know how glad I am to hear this! Good luck with everything, can't wait until everything is sorted. Take your time, I was kind of wondering if there were any updates.

Offline surplusofchairs

Re: [IC] GMK Superstar | [On Hold - Big redesign pending]
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 10:21:11 »
hyped :D

Offline marshmellohs

Re: [IC] ePBT Superstar | All new everything | GB in Feb!
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 17:20:10 »
Bump for all new everything. Hope you enjoy the changes and hoping to update with collabs again soon~

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 19:04:03 »
Congrats on a date, this set has been a long time coming!

Offline catamscott

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 19:15:03 »
great stuff, looking forward to GB!

Offline marshmellohs

Re: [IC] ePBT Superstar | SEA Vendor Added + Collabs | GB starts Feb 12!
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 09:58:48 »
Bump for SEA vendor + artisan collab announcements ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა

Offline marshmellohs

Re: [IC] ePBT Superstar | Melonkeys Preview | GB starts Feb 12!
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 11:22:56 »
Bump for Melonkeys collab preview ٩꒰。•◡•。꒱۶ (also in the OP) 

All renders have also been updated to remove the double consonant Hangul sublegends after collecting feedback from the IC, my server, and a few of my Korean friends.

The base kit render has also been corrected to include the ₩ sublegend on the mod-colored 1.5 pipe key.

Offline SafeAtShore

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 02:00:10 »
How do the new colors compare with ePBT Blank Pink (pantone 189c)? Wondering if I can mix the two sets.

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 11:41:44 »
How do the new colors compare with ePBT Blank Pink (pantone 189c)? Wondering if I can mix the two sets.

I don't have the plastic chip for 189C or that set, but 189C in the book is more saturated and has more of a Fuschia/cool tone. The mod pink and Hangul subs in Superstar are more muted and are warmer/peachier. The color for the Latin alphas is darker, more of a muted rose.

It's a bit hard to gauge with just the Pantone books alone. I ordered a lot of chips, and most of them tend to be paler and less saturated when compared to the colors in the book.

If you're looking to use Blank Pink as mods and mix with Superstar alphas, it should look okay, but it's definitely not a perfect match. Your Latin legends will be darker than your mod color. If you mix the novelties in, I think that they'll stand out a bit too much.

Offline Ariamella

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 21:33:43 »
Any way to get the purple arrows by themselves? I want the 40s kit with purple arrows arg

Offline marshmellohs

Re: [IC] ePBT Superstar | US, EU, Global Pricing | GB starts Feb 12!
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 07:56:05 »
Pricing is IN for Mekibo, MyKeyboard, and KBDfans!

Offline AstralYT

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 04:28:35 »
looks like HAZAKURA but purple accents and PBT.

You sure you are not making a copycat??

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 07:35:28 »
looks like HAZAKURA but purple accents and PBT.

You sure you are not making a copycat??
are you sure? hazakura's IC came a month after superstar's

Offline surplusofchairs

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 11:47:24 »
“it looks like a copycat except you’re using different colours” lol.. anyway

with all the bean colourway artisans, excited to have a set that matches them finally p: glwgb!

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 14:28:11 »
not a big pink fan yet I get the urge to buy this set.

Offline marshmellohs

Happy to announce that we will have a Hibi collab and Latrialum collab for ePBT Superstar! The Hibi render has also been added to the main post.

More

Offline trung11.kb

• Formerly tomkatsuuu
Happy to announce that we will have a Hibi collab and Latrialum collab for ePBT Superstar! The Hibi render has also been added to the main post.

Show Image

More
Show Image
Show Image

Oooo this looks really nice! I usually don't buy metal artisans but this is going to be my first  ^-^

Offline marshmellohs

Re: [IC] ePBT Superstar | Namong Collab Preview | GB starts Feb 12!
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 08:52:00 »

Preview of the Namong x Superstar collab artisans has been added to the main post.

GB starts this Saturday!

Offline misotsu

Re: [IC] ePBT Superstar | Namong Collab Preview | GB starts Feb 12!
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 08:16:36 »
Ooh Just saw this. Looking pretty good. strongly considering it :D

Offline marshmellohs

Re: [IC] ePBT Superstar | GEEKKEY Collab | GB starts TOMORROW Feb 12!
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 08:54:48 »
Another collab set from the team at GEEKKEEY.

20 of The Doctor and The Man will be raffled off. The Bulldog will be an unlimited GB.

Group buy starts tomorrow! I am beyond excited and thank you everyone who has supported me, provided feedback, or just clicked into this thread out of curiosity. Still finalizing prices with all vendors, so I appreciate everyone's patience.

This thread will be locked after my GB post is approved and I will share the link here.

Fun fact: The group buy begins exactly one year since I posted the original interest check.

Offline marshmellohs

Re: [IC] ePBT Superstar | GEEKKEY Collab | GB starts TOMORROW Feb 12!
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 10:02:31 »